43C2360D-0995-4C2F-AD9E-03E6BBF24E81 (resized).jpeg
FEFC00B6-D4CD-4E1E-B20D-23171795A7E0 (resized).jpeg
D6548E13-56B4-47BA-BB71-B160735C37D8 (resized).jpeg
62DFD012-8271-43F2-A02F-E470E9C5E89B (resized).jpeg
1A21F9EB-8A9A-45CD-9698-53EEFFC45517 (resized).jpeg
A2B60D19-58EE-44CE-B64A-3BBCB1D2FAF5 (resized).jpeg
FD5E2EF1-E515-48ED-A914-BB012567D755 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (5 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (4 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (4 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (2 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (1 year ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (4 months ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (4 months ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spiderpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2447 4 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Finally in the club. Got my ulek protectors and shaker motor installed. My first nib and it was almost surreal opening that box and seeing how beautiful this game is

Now you can take it out of you wishlist and add it to your collection & Play

1 month later
#2650 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

After having this LE, I will always get the full RGB version of any title that has it available. Doesn’t sound like much on paper, but wow.

The RGB version do have that Shock and Awe to them, truly amazing.

#2659 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just like hearing classic rock when I’m playing and drinking beer.

I'll say cheers to that and play another game.

#2671 4 years ago
Quoted from dinto1794:

didn't realize that was a setting. ill take a look. complete newbie here as an owner. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

1 Pinball machine and 2 posts. Yes that would count as a "Newbie". Plenty or good people here to help you.

#2720 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wanna bet? I’m just finishing my all wood Groot mod [quoted image]

It may be wood but the eyes are real and keep looking at me.

#2747 4 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

I know some frown on too many mods and I was thinking the same thing at times in the middle of finishing my checklist but it looks good. Here's my checklist . waiting on 50 foot cord to run from my pinsub board to my quadraphonic setup in game room with powered sub. Fun and frustrating at times!
I put shaker and other plastic protectors on NIB day.
[quoted image]

Now what's Santa to do?

#2749 4 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Convince my wife that it's possible i could squeeze one more pin in gameroom! Ha!

It can be done. I'm trying to move from 10'X15' room to the Master bedroom16'X16'. So I can get two more pins. (Last Ones Promises) Santa I've been good this year. Ha Ha or Ho Ho Ho

3 weeks later
#2806 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

A quick video of what I've added to my game.

That's one sweet looking pin. All those mods have you played any game. Lol just kidding. I want one just like yours.

2 years later
#5077 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Closer look at the screws. You can see ones tapered and the other two are rounded head.
Almost looks like 3 totally different screws.[quoted image]

Check around your coils, end stops and flippers. Whatever's moving while playing.

#5084 1 year ago

This game is on my radar.
But which one Pro or Premium
And what's price should I expected to pay. Thanks

#5100 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

But which one Pro or Premium
Thanks

Is The Premium The One To Get Or Is The Pro Good Enough.
Thanks

#5104 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Pro seems to be the consensus.

That's probably why I found a Premium near me for sale.

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I have never felt like I am missing out on anything on the Pro Version on this one. The Star Wars Pro next to it? I feel like I should be looking for a Premium.

Thanks for your input. Some game the pro is just as good.

Quoted from TicTacSeth:

I think the only difference is the spinners if I read the right comparisons. Can anyone verify this?

I do like a spinner, I added one to my TWD Pro and Metallica Pro.

#5109 1 year ago

What's a good price or bargain.
Pinsides price Premium/LE $6470 - $7530.
Pro $4530 - $5270

1 month later
#5227 1 year ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Ive had my gotg for a week and and i'm gonna break roots jaw if that left outline gets me one more m'f'ing time.

I'll be a ower soon, I'll backhand him if that's what he does.

2 weeks later
#5275 1 year ago

I've only owned this game for 2 weeks. Does the combo shots count? It sure seems like at got alot on one ball. Plus I wished you could get high score for each Mode. I did get to Cherry Bomb on try #89. Fun game for sure.
Thanks goodness for Cleland Sound Mode.

#5279 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

So good Hayfarmer.. you have it twice!?

He can't get enough, you may have a buyer.

#5300 1 year ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

Installed the type 12 speaker light kit and a 5” LCD screen
[quoted image]

Got to have, were did you get them.
+1

#5304 1 year ago

I'm new, your out and the silver ball rolls on. Enjoy the journey.

1 week later
#5322 1 year ago

38 mill I suck. Question do the round speaker lights or square look better in these games.

20210519_120008 (resized).jpg
#5326 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Of course if you got the right round ones it might be more of a contest.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)
[quoted image]

Wow Yes, both are looking like a 10 compared to the 2 that came with this pin.

#5329 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I took the mech apart and that set screw is red thread locked in there. It won't budge without a lot of heat. I put it all back together and I made sure the mouth was as centered in the wood area as I could just in case it was getting caught on the screws that hold the jaw on. If it is that set screw then it's not fully seated but locked in there.
I took a good look at the motor and it's definitely got an integrated reduction gearbox on it. Given the grinding I heard I'd lean more to something broken in that. We'll see if it happens again. If it does the motor must be bad.

Thanks for posting what has been happening and what your doing. +1

1 week later
#5358 1 year ago
Quoted from JayTeeF:

Has anyone else had the issue where Groot is not recognizing the 3rd ball to start multiball? The first 2 balls register no problem but when its time to lock the 3rd it doesn't recognize its in its mouth. Eventually it kicks out the balls after some time but I have to hit another ball in again to start multiball.

Is this the 1st Groot MB or 2nd.
1st one is a three ball MB, 2nd is a 4 ball MB. if you already ready know that my bad. It had not happened to me. But I've only had my game for a month.

#5360 1 year ago
Quoted from JayTeeF:

This is the first Groot MB after hitting 3 balls in.

Could be a bad opto. Check on page 15 or run a switch test.
Switch #44 Groot Trough 3
9 - CN13 5 PNK ORG 10 BLK GRY Playfield Opto 9-SW-3 520-7064-00 rx

1 month later
#5436 1 year ago

I bought the ones from pinball life (Stern).
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-guardians-of-the-galaxy-art-blades.html
Then I seen Pingraffix and wished I had seen them first because I'm sure I would have bought them. https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/stern-guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-inner-art-pinblades

3 weeks later
#5600 1 year ago

What's the most # of combos that you have gotten?

1 week later
#5694 1 year ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

You're killin' me, Smalls!

This guy gets it!

1 month later
#6047 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I purchased from classic games rooms in Georgia. I had to move another machine around to make room for it so haven’t quite unboxed it yet!!! Hard to believe I am my own delay now!!![quoted image]

Like your box. Here's how mine came. I said leave it on the truck, I'm not accepting that.

20210909_155556-1 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#6210 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys I used to have a GOTG LE and just recently obtained a premium. When the shaker goes off it really shakes Groots right arm a lot, is that normal?
Thanks

If memory server me. Only two screws holds arms in place. Sound like right arm screws are
Loose.

#6218 1 year ago

I've got to get back to my scoop too. I moved lights to backboard, but still find myself looking a scoop to verify what's lit. Sorry for the [email protected]#& picture.

20210519_120008-1 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#6334 1 year ago

Add Baby Groot shooter today, then got my 1st Billion point game and best game to date. Quills Quest was my last battle. Needed three more shots to complete and start main wizard I'm guessing.

20220117_140919-1 (resized).jpg20220117_141002_HDR (resized).jpg
#6342 1 year ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

God I wish they just would've put spinners on the pro, the only thing missing on the pro is a good spinner rip.

That spinner comes in handy when your playing Antiquities (switch hits) and rip the spinner a few time. You can complete that mode fast.

#6351 1 year ago

Yes it should be slanted so if the ball should land on it, then it will roll off into the playfield. I'm not at my game, hope this helps

1 week later
#6355 1 year ago

While playing Escape Kyln, I try to hit the right and left top lanes then both ramps to get as many EK shots as I can then use the Hadrons Enforcer once or twice and finish up the mode by hitting Groot. It's great if Groot is ready for a ball lock before you start Escape Kyln. Good times.

#6362 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Good strategy I need to try moving forward, but man that’s one forgiving tilt bob you have there

Maybe it's still in coin box.

7 months later
#6643 4 months ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

Couple words of advice is follow the thread I put in below it is very helpful and well documented. Measure twice and cut once on your plastics! Pretty easy mod to do.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spinners-for-gotg-pro

Trace the plastic out on cardboard, then cut the cardboard. After you like how the cardboard fits and looks tape it to your plastic and cut exactly what you need.

3 weeks later
#6740 4 months ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

Those of you getting new machines are going to love it... I added Insider to mine about a week ago and it has been getting a ton of play in the house ever since. I'm not an incredible player or anything, but it is taking a while to rack up all the achievements. I've been playing a lot, and only have 51 out of 70 achievements.

Achievement #70 is playing 24 hours non-stop. Let the Good Times Roll

#6759 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I got her in place now and played one game.
All the art on this game is so nice!
Looks awesome in the lineup.
Probably won’t touch it again until Sunday! Gonna be super busy on Friday and Saturday.
I hope everyone gets their game soon!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

+1 awesome lineup

1 week later
#6831 3 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Perfect, I need to order the scoop protector. Why are you so cheap Stern!!!
Will order both at the same time

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-pinball-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-spike-spike-2-machines.html

1 month later
#7245 77 days ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Is your Orb thingy ready???? Mikey wants one!

Or is it Orb-ish? Anyway Mikey want one and at the end of day that's all that matters.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 7,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
10,500 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spiderpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!