IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2217 5 years ago

I ordered a pro from J.J. last week. I was told 2 to 3 weeks from Stern. In the meantime, I've read through all 45 pages of this thread, as well as Cleland's replacement sound thread. Very excited! The day after I ordered, 1.01 dropped. Everything's coming up Milhouse! (sorry, Simpson's ref).

Anyone have info on Laseriffic's topper? They posted on FB about 3 months ago, but it's still listed as "Coming Soon." Anyone know if the tape player turns and/or the needles on the levels bounce? Does anything light up?

GOTG Laseriffic Topper (resized).jpgGOTG Laseriffic Topper (resized).jpg
#2222 5 years ago
Quoted from thel:

I'm awaiting a premium from Trent right now as well. I'm pretty sure I'm annoying him with all my emails asking for info on shipping and such. I wants it so bad.

When I paid for my pro, J.J. said he had premiums in stock.

#2223 5 years ago

I had a metal works shop make a Simpsons silhouette as a topper. I was thinking of doing something similar for GOTG, but with a second piece a few inches behind the characters and Mezelmods color-changing rgb topper lighting to backlight the characters.

6BD1392BCA95450F94D95EC3E10C4DFF (resized).jpg6BD1392BCA95450F94D95EC3E10C4DFF (resized).jpgIMG_20180405_075612_556 (resized).jpgIMG_20180405_075612_556 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2306 5 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

They were running them last week. Mine was "born" last Thursday.

I ordered my pro a little over 2 weeks ago, and I was told by my distributor 2 to 3 weeks. I'm going to assume mine was "born" last Thursday, too. Any word when yours will ship?

#2318 5 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

anybody gotten their pro this week yet? heard from distributor that they might ship this week . thx.

I checked with my distributor yesterday. He asked late in the day, and he's hoping to hear from Stern today.

#2320 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

I'm looking to pick one up and I was told if I got the check to him this week I should have one by the end of the month. He didn't have any in stock so it would be coming directly from Stern.

That must mean the batch they ran last week is already sold out.

#2321 5 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Wanted to spice up the lower right scoop plastic. Was looking to create the "line-up effect" from the movie. I made a prototype of clear, then experimented with different color acrylic and different color Comet matrix lights. Ended with the light green acrylic lit from below with a strip of natural white. I 3D printed a small base in black to block the strip light. I wanted to make sure it was still easy to read the sign and like that it's a little see through. When the sign LEDs light, it actually brightens the letters.

This looks great! Add me to the interested list!

#2330 5 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

I've only ever used silicone for creating the molds. I have to have a way of affixing this to the orb, I had planned on super gluing the hell out of one side in case I have to pull it apart. If I glue both sides to the orb it won't be easy to pull it apart. I wouldn't know how to glue it to the orb if I used silicone.
I haven't had an issue with the ball getting close to the orb, but I was curious if anyone else has had the problem.
Within a week of having the machine I replaced all rubbers with Titan rubbers and it definitely created more bouncing around the playfield. I've had the ball hit the glass once, but thankfully it didn't crack or break.

The ball won't crack the glass. It's tempered. I've never heard of a ball under the glass hitting the glass so hard it shatters. Things dropping on it from above or setting it on concrete is another story.

Regardless, your stone looks great! I bought the one from Mezelmods for $15, but I don't have the game yet, so I don't know how it will look installed.

#2331 5 years ago

I've only ever used silicone for creating the molds. I have to have a way of affixing this to the orb, I had planned on super gluing the hell out of one side in case I have to pull it apart. If I glue both sides to the orb it won't be easy to pull it apart. I wouldn't know how to glue it to the orb if I used silicone.
I haven't had an issue with the ball getting close to the orb, but I was curious if anyone else has had the problem.
Within a week of having the machine I replaced all rubbers with Titan rubbers and it definitely created more bouncing around the playfield. I've had the ball hit the glass once, but thankfully it didn't crack or break.

Wait...you changed your user name, or is someone sharing the same avatar?

#2340 5 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

A few of you said you were interested. I have a couple right now in light blue as I thought this would be the winner. I actually preferred the light green but I will have to have some more of these made.
I can get you a price for just the transparent piece and the bottom light guard (black looks best), if you already have your own matrix parts, light strip and screws (the screws need to be longer for the bottom as it's now thicker than stock).
I can also get an all included price, if you want me to send you everything you need. This will just take a little longer and cost a little more as I have to order parts from Comet.
Any preferences? PM me or post...

Light green all inclusive, please

#2362 5 years ago

My distributor said he received 3 pros, but I leave for vacation tomorrow until July 2nd. D'oh!

1 week later
#2438 5 years ago

Hidden art under the launch ramp.

20180628_094505 (resized).jpg20180628_094505 (resized).jpg
#2449 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Received and installed hd60609 's scoop sign mod yesterday, pretty easy install and really like the way it looks, particularly the see-through aspect of it. Somehow makes the LEDs look brighter / more noticeable when flashing too. Nice job!

I installed mine yesterday, as well. I love the look of this!

#2494 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any news or updates on the laserrific topper??

Cointaker bought out Laserrific. Not sure what that means regarding the topper Laserrific was working on.

1 week later
#2545 5 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Thanks. Glad you like it. I was shooting for this effect:

I had some pinheads over the other night. I told them the sign was a mod, but they thought it was from Stern. I showed them the original. They thought yours looked WAY better! You did an amazing job on this!

1 week later
#2594 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Only Quill says it.
I have nothing else to add.

Weird. I've been hearing the skill shot call outs as Rocket. I'm not convinced it's supposed to be Quill.

Which character is it supposed to be who says, "Your time is up!" Sounds like Ike Turner! I can't figure it out!

2 weeks later
#2686 5 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Awesome! Is that Quill with his finger up?

Yep.

Laser cut metal, two pieces for depth, and Mezelmods rgb topper light kit.

I'll have these for sale in my Pinside shop soon, as well as through Mezelmods. I'll also have similar toppers for TWD, BM66, ACDC, and AS. DP, too, when it comes out. Mezels have been asking for a low-cost topper option compared to Stern and Laseriffic.

#2689 5 years ago

Dude to be honest, I like that WAAAAY better than the factory one or Laserifics

Thank you! That's good to hear! These will be around $129, but the lighting kits are sold separately ($35 for rgb, I think).

#2711 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Ours is cast metal just like a real orb

Sorry, but I find this humorous. A real orb? It's a fictional movie and a set prop.

#2713 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Why you gotta ruin the magic?

Sorry. Groot's not made of real wood, either.

3 weeks later
#2805 5 years ago

A quick video of what I've added to my game.

2 weeks later
#2849 5 years ago

The silhouette toppers are now available in my Pinside shop and through Mezelmods. RGB lighting topper kit is not included, but can be purchased through Mezelmods.

GOTG Silhouette Topper (resized).jpgGOTG Silhouette Topper (resized).jpgGOTG Silhouette Topper RGB Example (resized).jpgGOTG Silhouette Topper RGB Example (resized).jpg
#2851 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Anyone have this happen on their pin?

Sometimes the replay animation plays for a long time without any sound (or seems to). Other times it doesn't.

2 months later
#3055 5 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

Anyone have any custom rule cards for this game? Not seen any, but may have missed something deep in this thread.

Did you try scrolling through the image gallery for this thread? If any were posted, it would be a lot easier to find them there.

#3066 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Finally got my playfield Swap done so i finally got to my big box of mods in!
Playfield was swapped because of a clearcoat issue.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I see a lot of people putting the Ronan's hammer on the right side, but I put mine on the left side. Seems more fitting with the Ronan insert at the left orbit.

20181125_133804 (resized).jpg20181125_133804 (resized).jpg
#3071 5 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

A big shout out and thanks to Sparky. I bought his really nice modded Pro. Enjoying the heck out of it.

Glad you're happy with it!

#3078 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I think it looks good on the left side as well . I got some figurines ( call them toys, dolls I don't care) and had a concept of having a figurine at the shot for each of the characters and it would fit to have the hammer by the ronan orbit . unfortunately some of the figures did not fit at their spot or look good there so I had to artistically compromise the concept.
Since ronan color is yellow having a yellow light in the hammer would make sense ( mezel mods are you out there?)

I think it would make more sense to have Ronan's hammer look like Ronan's hammer, rather than the color of the insert during the mode.

#3083 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I have the speaker light kit from dugfreez speakerledkit.com? , it has the the remote that has a bunch of options for colors, I have it set on the orange color that kind of matches the gotg lettering
would love to have them change color to match the mode, I think it could be done but beyond my skills

Edit: sorry, you said, " To match the mode." Nevermind.

#3102 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Can you update this code 1.06 while still keeping the Cleland custom updates. It was like this the past couple updates.
I want to update, but don't want to loose my Cleland mega mix

Quoted from Sinestro:

Doesn’t seem to contain any media changes. I assume it will be fine. Will update later tonight.

You will lose the sounds.

2 years later
#5257 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Cliff doesn’t make them. But like C-Note said pinball life has them. They even call them Cliffys but they are not made by mister Cliffy himself. Not sure how they get by with calling them by the name.

Both Pinball Life and Marco call them "Guardians of the Galaxy Scoop Protectors." I'm not seeing either one of them using the name Cliffy. Where are you seeing that?

1 week later
#5285 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Can’t decide if GOTGLE is to go to make room for Mando..
It’s a tough choice..
[quoted image]

Are the Stern banners available somewhere, or do you have to be Stern Army member or something?

#5287 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

You can grab them on Ebay.

Thanks! I see them in the Pinside Marketplace, as well.

2 months later
#5524 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Have almost all my mods. Just waiting for my topper from mezelmods to arrive. And also my pin. August can’t get here fast enough. I also need to order the scoop cliffy and translucent clear rubber from pinball life. I ordered two groot jaws also

Your topper is going in the mail this morning. I just picked it up from the powder coater yesterday afternoon. You should see it by early in the week.

#5527 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Awesome! Did you get the illumination for it? That was nice of your wife to do that for you. Can you post a pic?

20180807_134003 (resized).jpg20180807_134003 (resized).jpg

20180630_195010 (resized).jpg20180630_195010 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#5629 2 years ago

I think I shared this hidden gem in this thread about three years ago, but it appears there are a lot of new owners, so I thought I'd share it again.

20210801_081215 (resized).jpg20210801_081215 (resized).jpg
11 months later
#6510 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

Think of the secondary market!! How is someone supposed to flip a nib topper for 5x the original price. /s
Seriously though. There has to be a demand for toppers of all games. I would like one for gotg and my bksor.
I'm just not willing to pay $3K for one

How about $160?

#6512 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

Thats not the stern topper I was referring to. You can find the silhouette topper for $125 on mezel mods

Yes, I sell them through Mezelmods. These are my toppers. $160 includes the illumination kit if you include that when you place your order. My point was that my toppers are an inexpensive alternative to Stern's

2 weeks later
#6536 1 year ago

What's so special about Stern's topper? (asking for a friend).

#6539 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

That’s not the one from stern

This is the one I sell for $125 (add $35 for the Mezelmods illumination). My point was that Stern's toppers are unavailable and WAY overpriced. Mine are a very inexpensive alternative, and customers have been very happy with them.

4 months later
#7519 1 year ago

Scrolling through my old pics and found this from 5 years ago. I posted it in this thread back then,, but it's time for another visit for the new owners who might not have needed to remove the launch guide.

20221216_062321 (resized).jpg20221216_062321 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#7594 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Finally installed my topper today. Been sitting on it for almost 3 months now.
I like it a lot!
It’s simple but it finishes the machine off very nicely and it’s super affordable. [quoted image][quoted image]

Glad you like it! The Godzilla Silhouette topper has been nominated for Best Topper on the TWIPYs. If you haven't voted yet, I'd appreciate the vote.

https://twipys.com/

3 months later
#7949 11 months ago

There are inexpensive options for under $200 with illumination kits.

20190210_113311 (resized).jpg20190210_113311 (resized).jpg
#7952 11 months ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

Doubt it - not that long ago there were a few people offering $2000 for the Stern topper.

That's a good option, but doesn't have the lighting integration that the Sten topper has.

Just curious...is that integration also somewhere else on the game, or do you have to look up at the topper while you're playing to see what's been completed? Is that integration really worth all that extra money?

#7967 11 months ago
Quoted from SteelTigers:

Yes, indeed, those are the ones in the link...
The installation is straight forward, the armor kit comes with instructions and fasteners. The box they came in, is very robust with excellent packing material to protect the contents. [quoted image]

I've installed several lollipop rails in the past, but it's been awhile. Did you need to bring the backbox forward or detach the hinge plate from the backbox in order to pass the last bolt through up by the bottom of the head? I seem to remember that hinge plate being in the way. Also, if anyone is installing these for the first time, the three screw holes around the bottom edge by the flipper buttons are optional. They're not needed if you don't want to put wood screws in your cabinet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 25.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=sparky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.