1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4,245 posts
  • 411 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by cpr9999
  • Topic is favorited by 154 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 978 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4578E144-41A8-43F0-B676-56162443C2BD (resized).png
9B3CE4CE-DBC9-42BF-81F9-FB36E276956C (resized).jpeg
D227812B-F0F6-49D9-A039-CD82AA5BE16F (resized).jpeg
EC5D6B79-C7AD-41ED-8387-949268D6B1F8 (resized).jpeg
EC6E5A81-EB0B-429B-A5DA-C8CCD7A70F5C (resized).jpeg
27B39813-B52F-4CC8-92AA-0FC013A592E1 (resized).jpeg
FEB2F43D-A16E-4A7E-B38B-53B14A817EDD (resized).jpeg
8745E935-0146-48F4-9D0C-8E1EBB6D8983 (resized).jpeg
432CAD68-7F53-47D6-A6C5-8F679B6B3DEF (resized).jpeg
6014174E-51E9-4A92-A19D-BCA8A0817C9F (resized).jpeg
C2DAB752-5D23-484F-9DB7-5738DC7195B2 (resized).jpeg
87B7726B-CA03-4F51-86DF-8F3F6B045DE1 (resized).jpeg
D053ADA0-428B-4BF5-AF57-6C8220469969 (resized).jpeg
28298434-ABC0-443C-BEE9-8D9BC274BE5F (resized).jpeg
20191005_203344 (resized).jpg
20191005_203343 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #22 picture of optional gold side rains. Posted by Blacksun (1 year ago)

Post #2448 hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skwilson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3496 7 months ago

Can I join the club now? I have wanted this machine since its release!

20190305_154548 (resized).jpg

20190305_163640 (resized).jpg

#3509 7 months ago

Okay. I need some help. Totally new to Stern ownership. Have had very few issues with EATPM.

I fixed the drop target using the ST fix. Yay!

Today I had two issues pop up:
#1 The auto-launcher isn't always firing at full force. It just kinda "clicks." It seems that is I raise the play field and put it in test, it works properly. However, when I lower the playfield, it goes back to just a click. Any thoughts?

#2 While I was in the middle of a game, I heard the dreaded sound of something hitting the bottom of the cabinet. Found a small washer in the bottom of the cabinet. I triggered the Groot trough coil and a screw fell out. Anyone have idea where they might have come from before I disassemble Groot? There is nothing visibly missing from under the playfield, so I'm thinking it might be from inside Groot.

Thanks in advance for any insight y'all have!
20190307_180748 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3541 7 months ago

^^^Oh, that's just wrong! LOL

I have only had my premium for just over two weeks and I absolutely love it. I think the extras are worth the money. I'll second all the benefits as everyone has already listed as pluses. It doesn't hurt that purple is my favorite color, either! The left Groot arm does block the view of the Ronan arrow, but you get used to it.

Being that the game play is the same on both machines, it all comes down to personal preference. Get what you want and have fun!

1 month later
#3697 5 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Start out with Yaka Arrow. Finish Yaka and get a couple balls in groot, then start Pod Chase or Knowhere before getting groot multiball. You can get close to 50 million just by finishing Yaka Arrow. Try to finish the second mod without using the Hadron enforcer...I try to save that for Sanctuary since it doesn't save progress on that one if the mode times out. Mode 4 is kind of a tossup at that point, but when you finish it, hit the scoop when it is flashing red and then rack up the big points in Cherry Multiball.

I also like to start with Yaka Arrow. I love it when I can finish Yaka Arrow, time lighting a shot multiplier with the Gamora ramp, combo the ramp into Yondu and collect 60M in Yaka Arrow 2. I usually go for Antiquities Shop next since it is relatively easy to finish (ripping the spinners helps), then Pod Chase (usually with Groot MB) followed by Sanctuary.

#3715 5 months ago

What a rush when you go into a game with no expectations and end up with your highest score to date! Only needed to restart Groot MB to Save Xandar when I experienced a simuldraineous event during Orb. LOL

20190514_193955 (resized).jpg20190514_194024 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3750 5 months ago
Quoted from spiwrx:

Hey all, just jumping in the mix. Got my GOTG PRO last night, my first new pin and first Stern. Immediately I have the Orb Drop target issue, but I saw a few post here how to fix it. Thanks!!! Love the Topper and Groot pull..

Welcome to the club!

Adding a couple small washers worked for me. See the Stern Star Trek drop target fix video.

3 weeks later
#3835 4 months ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Hey guys, is there a reliable fix for a pro that has an orb magnet that does not properly catch and spin the ball when it ejects from gathering orb 1 and 2? I noticed some people were having this problem towards the beginning of this thread. I auditioned a pro today that I may purchase that has this problem. The magnet almost always just barely moves the ball instead of grabbing it. Thanks for any suggestions.

Don't know if it's just a coincidence, but after cleaning my play field and balls, the magnet does a much better job of spinning the ball.

1 week later
#3912 3 months ago

DugFreez I frickin love these! ("Only he didn't use frickin''")

20190613_183253 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#3960 3 months ago

And I thought my previous high of 677m was pretty awesome. Holy crap! What a rush! What's your high?

20190714_195029 (resized).jpg
#3962 3 months ago
Quoted from jim_:

Any tips on optimizing CB? I can reach CB fairly regularly but 90% of the time I bust out with sub 100m scores. For the life of me I cannot hit the final groot shot.

It's not easy to hit Groot for the super with the balls getting in the way. Most of the time I am under 100m. On this particular instance, I had Groot multiplied and started Rampage early. The super alone was worth almost 800m! Use Hadron Enforcer to knock out tough shots and get to the super early.

#3986 3 months ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Did you use the canvas set and the sound controller for the speakerlights.

I don't think the canvas is necessary. I didn't get the sound controller. I found a pattern I liked and have stuck with it.

2 weeks later
#4034 78 days ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Is there a guide for new owners? Lol I know for sure I wanna download the Cleland sound mods and from what I read above a scoop protector? Anything else? Is there a link to where I can buy that?
I have a brand new Premiun coming btw.

The premiums come with a scoop protector.

#4038 78 days ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

I'm on Mezel Mods and I don't see one for the Orb shot. I just see Slingshots/Return Lanes, Rocket, Right Orbit and Pop Bumpers.
Do you feel like the Playfield Protector is excessive?
*edit: Found an Orb shot protector on Pinball Life.

Since you're getting a premium, don't forget to order the plastic protectors for the premium/LE. Don't accidentally order for the pro as they will not fit.

#4042 78 days ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

This is what I have so far from Mezel Mods I was only able to choose Premium on 2 of the 4 protectors so hopefully that means it doesn't matter on the other two?[quoted image]

The right orbit protector won't work on the premium because of the spinner/Groot arm. I didn't get the pop bumper plastics due to the RGB lighting. I didn't know how they would affect the colors. A note on the Rocket plastic protector: I had to remove Rocket to get it into place. Supposedly, you shouldn't have to, but it's the only way I could get it in. The plastic protectors look awesome on the game! I also put the Hexagonal Space flipper bat toppers on mine. They match the return lane plastics.

Also, the machine comes with a metal Orb plastic protector. I believe it was a service update. I suppose it could be replaced with a plastic one, if desired.

2 weeks later
#4092 63 days ago

Game started crappy, but then...
20190819_221348 (resized).jpg20190819_221344 (resized).jpg

What a rush!

#4108 60 days ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

I was just looking at the features matrix chart from Stern, and they list a "CPU mounted line out audio Jack for external amplification" on all models including Pro. Can someone explain to me where this is? And would it be suitable for providing signal to a powered subwoofer? I currently have an adapter from pinnovators on my machine, but if there's a built in Jack for it....

Okay. So you got me to wondering about this and I started looking. The short answer is there isn't one. Having said that, looking at the manual, it looks like CN5 can be used for audio out. On GOTG, it's a 6-pin connector with L and R out. Looking at the JP manual, it's a 7-pin connector with L, R and woofer out. What I find really interesting, is that the diagram in my backbox does not match the CPU (or the diagram in the manual) and shows what looks like a line out connector at CN3. I don't know enough to go experimenting with this stuff, so I think the Pinnovators connector is probably the best way to go. Did they change the design somewhere along the way and not update the features matrix? Hopefully someone else can shed more light on this. You really got me wondering now.

1 week later
#4141 52 days ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Got all the “glowing” protectors installed!
I think they look amazing, would recommend to any one.
To any one who also did at least the Rocket protector - this piece seems to hit the shooter underneath it, forcing it to sit a bit uneven and ride a little high on the right side. Any one else experience this?

I think the fluorescent plastic protectors are a must-have for this game. They look amazing.

I don't have that issue with the Rocket protector. I just had trouble getting it in and had to actually remove Rocket to do it. (Premium)

#4142 52 days ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I made it today to save xander, was not so impressed then I was from Immolation Initiative.
It was ended very fast to two balls and nothing to shoot for. Also no big points...
Did I miss something, or isn’t that wizard mode so special ?

Quoted from pinballjj:

always exciting to get there but I don't think I have ever gotten huge points from it, I usually forget all the scoring tips like playfield multipliers, combos etc to get really big points. the mode to me seems like groot or orb multiball revisited and not that memorable , I think there is some cool video stufff going on but I am not looking there. the easter egg call out when you hit the final scoop shot is fun.

I've only started Save Xandar once, but, as far as I could tell, the jackpots are relative to how well you did in each mode with a big jackpot at the scoop for collecting them all. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

What is the call out for the super jackpot? I must have missed it in my excitement at hitting it.

1 week later
#4173 38 days ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

This has also happened to me since I stripped, cleaned and waxed mine too.
Can't see what is causing the issue, just assumed I wasn't hitting the shot clean enough.

I have the same issue, but have always chalked it up to not being a clean shot.

3 weeks later
#4212 17 days ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thank you! What do you guys think of the Pro vs. Premium for this title? Do the extras on the Premium justify the price difference or is the Pro close enough?

The Pro is great especially if you're buying NIB. I do think the extras on the Premium are worth it: The RGB insert lighting, spinners, motorized orb, lit metal apron, Groot arms, extra magnets. Purple is my favorite color and there is a lot on the Premium. I was lucky I got my Premium for the price of a new Pro, so that was a bonus. I don't plan on ever selling it, either.

Since game play is the same (except for the spinners), it all boils down to your own personal opinion on what the extras are worth to you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skwilson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside