IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdreynolds.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5402 2 years ago

Looking at adding a Pro to my collection, and have a question: I've seen two different sound mods, the Cleland and MyPinballs. Thoughts on which is better? I like the game a lot but the default sound package drives me insane so I definitely know I am swapping that out...thanks!

2 weeks later
#5485 2 years ago

Whole family is REALLY enjoying our new GOTG! Quick questions:

1) The Rocket kickback and the Mode Select kickback both want to send the ball SDTM with far too much regularity. What are our options for correcting this? And to where should those be sent?

2) Similar question on the orb. The magnet loves to throw it directly to the left outlane. Ideas there?

Appreciate the help!

#5486 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Does it make the game that much better?

I refused to get one until I played one with the mod. When I heard that, I jumped on it and don't regret it at all. Incredible change to the game!

4 weeks later
#5803 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Thanks for the reminder, I'll pick up washers while I'm getting screws for the plastic protector.
The magnet thing is a common problem, here's the fix:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/43#post-4420496
I'm gonna do this today, I'll let you know my results.

I tried the washers, they didn't really seem to have much effect.

So question...what is the magnet SUPPOSED to do? Is it to completely catch the ball and hold it, or just fling it around about (ala The Power on Addams Family)?

#5805 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Mine only ever flung it around but I had my machine pretty steep incline. Sometimes it would swirl around 2 or 3 times but never a full stop.

Mine is a pretty steep incline. Maybe I'll flatten it a bit sometime and see if it makes a difference.

Just watched the teaser video from Stern, it's spinning around like a top! So yeah, something isn't quite right on mine if that's what it's supposed to do. lol

#5819 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

If you are talking about this teaser then yes, mine would spin like that from time to time but never for that long. Usually just 2 or 3 full rotations. More often than not it would spin once and throw it into the guardians target or over toward quill's scoop. Occasionally it would slow it down and have it fall straight down to the left flipper. When it started throwing it into the outlanes I'd pull the glass and clean the playfield with novus 1 which would get it back to normal.

Good call on this! My machine looks absolutely spotless so I thought cleaning it would make no difference. In fact, when I cleaned with Novus 2, I saw absolutely no dirt come up! I think the previous owner must have clear coated it? Regardless, I cleaned it and lo and behold, the magnet catches it and spins it just like in the teaser!

So to sum up - did the washers, cleaned it even when it looked like it didn't need it. Boom. Success.

1 week later
#5942 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Yes did the washer fix too but the true fix for the magnet is to clean and wax the PF...did this for awhile but no longer really care about the magnet. LOL.
Still love the game after 2 years especially because of theme and cleland code.

Cleaning the playfield after installing the washers solved mine. I just used a bit of Novus 2 on the magnet area. Took like 2 minutes.

Good luck!

#5997 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

How many washers did you install? I did one and it helped send the ball in different directions now versus just dropping it

I used two.

2 years later
#8183 6 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Cleland code adds more to this game than I think any other alternative code does to the rest of Sterns line up.

Is there any combination of Cleland code and Stern code that line up for Insider Connect? I don't have that on my GOTG Pro, but would be interested in adding that if possible...but wouldn't want to give up the Cleland mod for it...

#8188 6 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Latest Cleland code has insider connected with home team integrated

Anyone have a download link? Mine is running Cleland but it was running it already when I bought it so a bit new to the process.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 28.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,495 (Firm)
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdreynolds.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=rdreynolds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.