IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4756 3 years ago

Getting ready to throw a shaker in this weekend. I bought a Star Wars Pro at the same time, so this weekend is dedicated to adding a few mods to both.

Guardians is getting a shaker, lenticular/3d apron cards, and external subwoofer. Star Wars is getting equal treatment as well. Both are such fun games.

#4758 3 years ago

Lenticular is installed and in action....

Shaker and sub going in now.

#4760 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Those are pretty cool, where did you got those?

Thanks, I made them.. I threw them in my store if you want to see a couple of still pictures of them. They are a pain to make and take a ton of time, but the results are really cool. They are hard to photograph properly though.

#4762 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'm not seeing them in the store. I need some good apron cards for my GOTG, JP, and RBION. I know I could print them myself, but I'll admit, I'm not terribly computer savvy with these type things, and I'm just lazy.

Hmmm, not sure why. Do they show up with this link?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie

I have other GOTG cards there as well.

#4764 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Are these printed on clear material that would allow for backlighting them with an EL panel, etc.?

No, but I could probably make that happen, I have EL paper I can test with. A lot of the effect is lost when the bottom is clear. With a solid bottom like these, the effect is dramatic. I have some high resolution special clear paper, I will post here once I print some up to see how it looks.

The lenticular lense is very particular about paper type and resolution.

#4767 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Are these printed on clear material that would allow for backlighting them with an EL panel, etc.?

Mission accomplished, my special transparent paper supports 600DPI....

Backlit with 5 volt EL Paper sheet....

2 months later
#4910 3 years ago

Congrats! Guardians is a family favorite here!

Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Any suggestions on any other mods??

Only because you asked, the lenticular cards I make for the aprons seem to be well received from those who have purchased them.... I have them for quite a few different machines. It makes a huge difference changing from those sweet yellow apron cards-

3D Effect-
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lenticular-apron-cards/page/2#post-6068794
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lenticular-apron-cards/page/2#post-6071496

Store with videos for each game-
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie

#4911 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Love my Ronan's Hammer mod from Mezel Mods. Also I added shaker and enjoy it. It's modest though, no big shaker moments just subtle rumbling when lit shots are hit.

Agree with the shaker comments. I have Star Wars next to Guardians. Star Wars feels like it is going to walk across the room, Guardians is pretty subtle, with most of the effect felt during Groot Mulitball.

#4914 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Better effect with sub

Agree with that too... I am sharing a 12" external Sub with Star Wars and Guardians.... The sub is a must have..... different feel all together.

#4916 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Ok just ordered the lenticular set! They look great. I was going to just print off a set of normal color ones on the Web, but this idea is pretty cool. I look forward to seeing them in the pin!!
Based on what others say, may pass on the shaker and think mainly for a powers sub and upgraded speakers.

I think you will like them... they look way cooler in person.... they are super tough to get a good photo of. Thanks!

I am not sure if a speaker upgrade will make that big of a difference or not. I know that my factories sound really clear. But yeah, a quality sub is awesome in this game, especially with all of the great music.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4921 3 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

A friend just sent me a set of these, they are super cool. highly recommend. Here is a pic, but it doesn't even remotely do them justice. These are the 3d effect.[quoted image]

You have way cooler friends than I do..... LOL

#4954 3 years ago
Quoted from uccash:

Joined the club at the end of December and picked up a NIB GOTG Pro. This is my first pinball and so far loving it.
Question: the post in the left outlane is at the highest point it can be (done by factory). I was thinking of adjusting because draining on the left outlane from kick from right sling, etc... is starting to drive me crazy. On one hand, I know it will make the games last longer and allow me to progress more throughout the game, but don't want to "cheat" and make the game too easy and I keep telling myself to just get better so I don't get into that situation.
Anyone change the location of that post in the outlane or what is the consensus thought on adjusting games to make them easier?
Any and all feedback appreciated.

Outlane posts made from the factory to be adjustable isn't cheating. It isn't the worst thing in the world to make an adjustment to enjoy your game more, that is why it is your game.

If it were me, I would add a ball, or award a ball on replay and set replay to a lower value, and leave the lane as it is. That way, when you start learning how to play with more technique, the game play will be the same, you will just have one less ball to play with.

#4955 3 years ago
Quoted from DazedandConfused:

I was about to trade my WCS plus cash for a SW comic pro, but today, I got dumped and the Force went with someone trading a POTC, not with me. My son is big on GOTG (maybe a generational difference). I have only played about a game each standing in line at a convention (pre-Covid NWPAS). Now, I am wondering if getting jilted might have been a blessing. From the Pinside comments, GOTG seems to make SW look like a lame imperial stormtrooper. The shaker is no biggie for me. Or am I just thinking of sour grapes? Lots of great ideas on this forum, BTW.

They are both great games. If the decision was for me alone, Guardians would leave before Star Wars. Star Wars is really complex and has a lot of nuisances. If family and guests are a factor, it is Guardians, hands down. A very approachable game with great shots. I am fortunate I didn't have to choose between the two.

2 weeks later
#5004 3 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Are the stickers above the cards factory? They are different from mine on my Pro. they look cool.

Yes... I think those are premium... The apron is metal as well instead of the plastic one. LE has a different set of stickers as well.

2 weeks later
#5102 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:Is The Premium The One To Get Or Is The Pro Good Enough.
Thanks

I have never felt like I am missing out on anything on the Pro Version on this one. The Star Wars Pro next to it? I feel like I should be looking for a Premium.

#5110 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

What's a good price or bargain.
Pinsides price Premium/LE $6470 - $7530.
Pro $4530 - $5270

I can only comment on the Pro, since I was in the market for one about 6 months ago.

Bone stock, no mods-
Routed with some signs of route use- $4400 will move one pretty quick
HUO- $4800-4900 will move one pretty quick.

Action moves a little slower each $100 increment above those numbers.

With the market is the way it is right now, I could see bringing each of those up $100 to $200 and the machines still moving fairly quick.

4 weeks later
#5172 3 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

Hi, I may be "asking the choir" here, but I have the opportunity to rent a GOTG pro for my home (the company doesn't have anything else that I would consider). Because of COVID and lack of locations to play in my area (greater Boston area) I haven't been able to try it out.
I'm not a great player so I doubt I would get too far through it. And I'm not one who is overly picky about rules. I'm just looking for a good game to play at home for a few months.
I know there's a lot of polarizing opinion about this game (and a lot of these for sale). In the past I owned a Lord of the Rings and a Game of Thrones Premium, neither of which I managed to get anywhere near completing. Do you think it's worth it to pay a couple hundred buck per month, maybe for 2-3 months? I just don't know if the rental place is going to get any other games that I'd be interested in.

The game is perfect for players that don't have a lot of time to figure out what is going on. It is really straightforward in its presentation of the rules, and gives nice little rewards along the way. The rules are deep enough to keep you coming back for more. I have had the game since November, and I set my games up really difficult, and I have only reached Cherry Bomb multiball a handful of times (basically the halfway point).

I have zero complaints about the game, if I were nitpicking, it would be that the Rocket shot is REALLY tight. A lot of times I will start his mode first, because if I can't make that shot, there is no point in going through the other modes....LOL

The layout is nice, and the theme is great if you like the movies. I don't run the Cleland code, and I feel like I am missing nothing. I love the game for what it is.

#5174 3 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Be sure not to hit Groot. Use your Hadrons to "complete" the rest of them. The code won't give you the last shot, but it will leave both Rocket and Groot active. Hit Groot, and the mode is completed!!

Great tip... Thanks! I always hit groot because he is the easy one! I use the HE a lot and actively try to light it, it's a helpful feature. Was getting frustrated it wouldn't finish the mode for me.

As far as rocket goes... Backhand is just a rattler for me, but my pitch is probably between 8-9 degrees, which could be causing it.

1 month later
#5286 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Are the Stern banners available somewhere, or do you have to be Stern Army member or something?

You can grab them on Ebay.

#5295 2 years ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

Officially in the club. Hoping I'll be spending more time moding and enjoying the game than fixing groots mouth.
[quoted image]

Congrats! Ours is cemented to the floor currently. Open that box!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.95
$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=ralphwiggum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.