IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinpickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7213 1 year ago

Like many many many others before me…

I have joined the club. Look forward to bantering with you fellas. This pin is stunning and cleland … I will buy anything he’s involved with.

I’m about 20 games in and the honeymoon phase is for real!

Joins my humble stable of:
STH LE
DP pro
TSPP
TWD Pro

Happy Flippin!

4E6F4E49-1A33-436C-AB51-49B5FC0F95DE (resized).jpeg4E6F4E49-1A33-436C-AB51-49B5FC0F95DE (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#7277 1 year ago
Quoted from FLpinfan23:

This week I ordered the last GOTG Pro available through Little Shop of Games. I live just 15 minutes from WDW and have always enjoyed a game or two when frequenting the resorts on property. When it was first released I really liked Borg's layout and the featured toys and mechs, and Franchi's art is exceptional, I just wasn't that excited about the theme. Now after repeated viewings and after experiencing the new attraction at EPCOT, I have grown to love Guardians and can't wait for this addition to my small collection.
I emailed numerous distributors and finally Stern support to inquire about a potential re-run of the side armor and topper, but it seems, as with other Stern titles, nothing has been announced. Zach at FlipNOut recently sold his "vault" topper listed for $2,500, and I have yet to see any others being offered on the Pinside marketplace or eBay. I can't speak to Stern's marketing mindset, but would think they still have the licensing option to make more of what appears to be a very basic designed topper, especially given the pin is still being manufactured until the end of this year.
Anyway, I'm super excited to join the GOTG owner's thread and look forward to connecting with the community!
Craig
Orlando, FL

I had a couple pins I was thinking about and after my visit to Epcot at the end of October, I pulled the trigger on a GOTG as well.the game is outstanding. Damn Disney!

#7362 1 year ago

For us pro owners… Can the rocket figure be purchased anywhere?

Side note, man that shot fired back with speed. Love it!

#7364 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

The pro comes with a rocket figure

Hmmmm…

1 week later
#7449 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

Has anyone heard if they are making more toppers?

Spreading fake news! Sorry

#7451 1 year ago
Quoted from nagamitsu:

That's Stranger Things.
Tim

My apologies, I thought I was on the STH thread.

GOTG topper is a unicorn. There is nothing left online and have been told they wont be making and more. Too damn bad too, I would love one.

#7455 1 year ago

#7464 1 year ago

Sad looking flipper.

AB582F75-3F7C-440F-AEF7-FD6D78EB560E (resized).jpegAB582F75-3F7C-440F-AEF7-FD6D78EB560E (resized).jpeg
#7467 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Damn. I hope this is just you doing some maintenance. It does look sad.

Nope. Flipper broke. They were a clear blue aftermarket flipper. Not sure where the original owner bought them.

Timing is incredible though. I ordered precision pinball flippers and I just haven’t had the chance to install them.

#7477 1 year ago

I'm using a 64 works fine as well.

#7478 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Sad looking flipper.
[quoted image]

Back in business.

6F278BC3-F30F-4972-83C9-B7C6C62AB3AD (resized).jpeg6F278BC3-F30F-4972-83C9-B7C6C62AB3AD (resized).jpeg
#7484 1 year ago

Thank you!

Rubbers are orange and flippers are blue. The reflection is making them look two-tone. Very happy with the end result.

#7489 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Looks really good! How do you like the new flippers?

Flippers are great. I don't find an incredibly huge difference and that's a good thing. They do feel really good.

3 months later
#7892 1 year ago

Was far behind on the thread and finally caught up.

Stranger Things has always been my #1 but GOTG has been getting the majority of my time lately. Game is perfect!

I have the pro with the silhouette chopper, but I don’t like it because it’s right beside my TWD topper and it’s silhouette as well. I’m gonna get that tape above the machine.

I have reached cherry bomb a few times but nothing further. Rocket shot is TIGHT!

Still trying to figure out if I go left side or right side first but it’s usually left side.

I did find something interesting show up on my playfield. Anyone know where it’s from??

DE304002-53C3-45D0-8595-3FC55DA5DE85 (resized).jpegDE304002-53C3-45D0-8595-3FC55DA5DE85 (resized).jpeg
#7893 1 year ago
Quoted from SteelTigers:

I'll just leave this right here...
[quoted image]

Also… does this mod do anything other than mirror the LCD?

And… what’s the go-to mod for the pro Orb?

Thx

#7896 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

That's a spotlight bulb retainer Clip. Check your spotlights and make sure they are all secure. Not sure how that would have come loose unless a spotlight screw backed out.

Mmm I did change a couple rubbers and removed the spotlight screw on the left ramp. Never noticed it at all. Weird.

Thank you. I will check it all out.

#7897 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I recently added Pinmonk’s orb mod and it is a step up for sure. Easy to install. I had considered the HookedOn metal cast version, but it didn’t look much different than factory, but it was nice too.

perfect thanks. Love pinmonks mods.

2 months later
#8054 10 months ago

Damn I love this game.

I’m the furthest thing a competitive player and have no aspirations to be. I play 5 balls and like to have fun and progress through the game, learn the rules, and don’t care about score for the most part.

I always thought that completing 4 modes on one side did something different than the other. But turns out any 4 modes get Cherry Bomb. Well playing 5 balls I get there frequently.

Just really started diving into the rules tonight.

Immolation Initiative is 8 modes ½ way and multi balls. OCD may go into over drive leaving modes ½ done but I want to try it.

Long way to get at my question… sanctuary doesn’t keep your progress. Do I have to complete that one ½ way first? Do I have to complete it all together?

After writing all this I realized I should just complete the entire mode. I’m still going to post because I think the game is underrated, stunning, and a blast to play.

#8056 10 months ago

I just noticed the animation when playing a mode that lets you know you have activated immolation initiative. And also noticed the playfield lights up. Duh!

2 months later
#8138 7 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I was under the impression that there was no alternate audio package that was working correctly with the latest code (yet). Am I mistaken?

Same

2 months later
#8228 4 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

I just picked up a absolutely beautiful modded out GoTG pro from a guy that had to sell and priced it at a point where it was basically impossible for me NOT to buy it. I've only played this game twice before (routed machines, once during a tournament and once to practice and was completely confused what to do), I wanted to learn the rules, that said now that I have it I am absolutely no closer to understanding the rules.
There doesn't seem to be a official stern rule sheet and when you enter a mode it doesn't seem to tell you what to do? (I know shoot the blinking lights...) but it helps to know what the goals are/will be etc.
is there any good 3rd party rule sheets/guides for this game?

http://tiltforums.com/t/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-rulesheet-wip/3338

That’s what you want.

This game is impossible if you have goals of finishing it. Immolation Initiative Is possible but final wizard will never happen in my house. Lol

#8232 4 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

That’s funny because it is the first game I ever beat. Upgrade your modes to make more shots available, use your Hadron Enforcers wisely can really help, but otherwise it is a pretty forgiving game.
If your family gets frustrated with the difficulty, you can max out your hadron enforcers in the adjustments and it really brings the difficulty down

Thanks for the tip! I will look for that hadron enforcers adjustment. I alway upgrade first definitely helps.

I have only beaten Stranger Things and CCR but CCR is incredibly easy.

Quoted from doublestack:

Yea I think guardians has the most basic and easy to master rule sheet of any spike game. We have people that beat the game on location here. That doesn’t happen on any other modern game.

That’s very interesting too. Clearly I need to practice more.

#8235 4 months ago

The magnet is supposed to hold the ball? lol

My machine has never done it. Has a playfield protector on it. That’s probably why.

#8250 4 months ago

Good video.

Mine doesn’t do that. Maybe in slow mo. My magnet engages and throws the ball all over the place. Thanks for clarifying. I thought it actually grabbed the ball.

Quoted from bigguybbr:

Good for you! I find Stranger Things to be a tougher shooter. I have a premium on loan right now that I need to buckle down and get more play time on.

I have a lot of games on STH and many were terrible. Had a lucky game couldn’t miss.

#8256 4 months ago

Alright… how do you get to save Xandar?

According to the rules, I should have been there.

All modes were completed. Sanctuary 2 was my last mode. Completed it and then it said Sanctuary 2. I don’t believe I completed that.

Do you need to complete 1 & 2 of each mode or just 1. I thought 1 that’s why 4 lights cherry bomb.
Both multi balls were completed multiple times but they inserts for the MB’s were flashing. Do I have to get the Super Jackpot on both Multiballs?

Anyone have some insight? Heart was pumping I had a ball left and all I was doing wash shooting around for nothing. Drained going for another Groot multiball.
IMG_1926 (resized).jpegIMG_1926 (resized).jpegIMG_1927 (resized).jpegIMG_1927 (resized).jpeg

#8260 4 months ago

Ahhh brutal.

Thanks for letting me know.

2 weeks later
#8277 3 months ago

Hallelujah! Holy sh*t! Where's the Tylenol?"

IMG_2294 (resized).jpegIMG_2294 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 22.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,495 (Firm)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinpickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=pinpickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.