its-called-pinflation (resized).jpg
oh-my-oh-my-indeed (resized).jpg
20211208_215204 (resized).jpg
D509D3FD-005F-4DED-BA2A-D9C5F8011EFB (resized).jpeg
gameplay crop.gif

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 picture of optional gold side rains. Posted by Blacksun (4 years ago)

Post #2129 magnet fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (3 years ago)

Post #2448 hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (3 years ago)

Post #5401 Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (7 months ago)

Post #5668 Important information about Node board changes in later runs. Posted by TrixTrix (5 months ago)

Post #5685 Firmware required for new node boards! Posted by Peanuts (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3098 3 years ago

New GotG 1.06 code is up. Looks like a mostly maintenance release.

Not too much to get excited about, but it's new, so that's something...

LE/PRE V1.06 - December 11, 2018
=====================

- Added the virtual locks adjustment to the "Install Competition" menu.
- Reduced Save Xandar scoring.
- Added a Virtual Locks adjustment to virtually lock balls in Groot.
Default = NO. Now tournament directors can add this adjustment change to
make their tournament games more deterministic.
- Modified logic that determines how quickly new balls are kicked into play
once a ball is locked in Groot's head.
- Added a Trough Eject Power adjustment.

- Update to nodeboard firmware v0.28.0
- Added LIFETIME count to Standard Audit #16 "Total Plays".
- Added JAPAN_3 Coinage 1/YEN 200.
- Added UTIL->VOL adjustments for minimum and maximum master volume level and
minimum and maximum headphones volume level. This will limit the selectable
volume range from the service menu Plus and Minus keys and the headphones
rotary dial.
- Added support for 6th coin switch.
- When entering UTIL->VOL, the first sub-menu adjustment is selected, previous
behavior would select the last displayed sub-menu adjustment.
- Added Standard Adjustment "START GAME ON CREDIT". Settings are:
"OFF" - Do not automatically start a game or add a player when inserted money registers a credit
"FIRST ONLY" - Automatically start a game when inserted money registers a credit
"ALL CREDITS" - Automatically start a game or add a player when inserted money registers a credit
Adding multiple credits simultaneously, via a bill acceptor, will only start
a one player game or add a single player.
Default setting is "OFF"
- Removed unused obsolete Standard Adjustments: "FLASH LAMP POWER", "COIL PULSE POWER",
"BILL VALIDATOR", "TEAM SCORES", and "CONSOLATION BALL".

#3121 3 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Can you post a link to Stern's 1.04 USB update if you have it? Your last whole image was 1.02, and that's all I have.

This is the Prem/LE 1.04 on Stern's server:
http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/guardians_le-Update-1_04_0.spk.zip

1 month later
#3271 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Not a shill, speaking from my own experience... but that game really comes to life with a set of pinstadium lights w the uv!

Until he posts the frequency (nm) of the "uv" light on those, it's too dangerous to risk long-term exposure that can permanently damage your eyes over time. Regular pinstadiums, have at it. I would be cautious with the UV.

#3273 3 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

Doesn't UV light also degrade plastics, as well as dyes and paints? Seems like a strange thing to purposely put in a pinball machine.
Joining the GOTG club Wednesday night!

I'm not sure it's actual UV, but maybe UV-adjacent. If the light frequency were in the specs we wouldn't have to speculate, but I would never take a chance with exposing myself or others to actual UV or black light for long periods of time where you're staring right at it. I will eventually get around to getting one and measuring the frequency myself, but it's not high on my to-do list. It would be much nicer if Pinstadium just published the light frequency range in their specs.

1 month later
#3534 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thinking about adding a Pro to my collection. Have not followed the game much since it was released and everyone complained about code being so bad poor movie integration and just a few songs...Has there been recent code updates?...Seems the game is popular now. Thx for any insight.

If you can't get a Premium GotG, I wouldn't bother. The Pro is not great.

#3537 2 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

I’m bias but I agree. What more does the premium have? Another magnet and some different color lights? Is that worth the extra 1500 dollars? Not in my opinion but to each his own

You're significantly under-reporting the differences

RGB lighting (which makes a significant difference in the light show)
two more magnets
the moving orb mech
powder coated metal arch instead of plastic on the Pro
multi-color GI lighting (not RGB, just a smattering of static extra colors that change the GI mood lighting)
2 spinners

I don't think the Groot arms are really that great, but that's an extra, too.

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I disagree. I love the Pro. Considerably more value than the Premium.

That would depend on what you value. I value the experience of play, and the Pro GotG is lacking compared to the Premium.

#3543 2 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Premium has the MUCH needed service rails too. I absolutely had to add them on my Pro. Those pegs suck. I do love my Pro. It plays fantastically. However it is my very first Stern Pro. I've only bought premiums before. Lately I've been thinking of selling this Pro and buying a premium. I normally do go for all the extra bells and whistles.

Oh, right, totally forgot about those, and they are IMPORTANT. The Pro service pegs suck.

#3562 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

You know I think your cool, Vireland.....but your argument here isn't holding any water.

You're cool. You're. Get the digs right or don't do them. I'm glad you where thinking that because it was effortless on my part. I wasn't trying to be anything except analytical.

And as I explained in a prior post, the Prem/LE is a better EXPERIENCE as that's what I value. You can value the cost, that's your right, but if you value the EXPERIENCE, the Prem/LE has a better light show and ball action. The end.

#3566 2 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Both vireland and sinestro are right. Pro - virtually the same gameplay gives a lot of bang for the buck...Prem/LE - adds a lot of aesthetic WOW. As in most things, $ is the deciding factor. Take an objective look at your situation. If the addtional cost has you waffling, the Pro won't disappoint. If the cash doesn't make you think twice, go Prem. You'll be happy either way!!

The voice of reason, boiling down the situation to its essence. Are you a politician?

#3571 2 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I don't think that's the job description of a politician anymore...
Actually, I just have a wife and four daughters, so I have to be the rational one!!

It's still the description, we just have very few doing the job.

3 weeks later
#3636 2 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

Hello All
I just picked up Guardians of the Galaxy (Pro) brand new and love it. I have an issue I am seeing with the lockdown bar button. If both clamps for the lockdown bar are pulled down the button does not work at all. Just unclipping the clamps relieves enough pressure that the button works. This is my first stern game with the lockdown button and I investigated the switch and it looks good. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this with their stern game.
Thank you

The metal part of the switch is probably just bent up too much. Bend it down toward the switch a bit at a time and re-test until the button works with the lockdown bar latched.

#3639 2 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

Thanks for the heads up. I tried this and thought I bent it down quite a bit but still seeing the same issue. I may not be bending it enough. I am glad to see other people have seen this.

Take the lockdown bar off and take a picture of the switch from an angle so I can see what you're dealing with. This is not an uncommon problem, and the fix is usually easy.

2 months later
#3840 2 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I would like to buy a new part of this mechanism like the one that has marcospecialties, but is exhausted, does anyone know where to get it?[quoted image]

You need the WHOLE ASSEMBLY? Can't you just buy the part of the assembly that is actually broken instead of the whole thing?

#3845 2 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I do not know. The only one I've seen for sale is this one and it's sold out[quoted image]

Email Terry at pinball life ([email protected]) and give him the 500-1083-01-L6 part number. He can special order it for you, usually takes about a week and it'll probably be cheaper than marco.

500-9960-00 is not the same assembly as 500-1083-01-L6.

#3854 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Love scorecards - Wish I could alter the PSDs to make them slightly more legible. Yellow text is impossible to read without drop shadow or contrast.

Ghosting the backgrounds 20% would help with legibility, too.

#3858 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

vireland I can try that as well:
[quoted image]

Red/Yellow looks okay, but with or without ghosting it needs a drop shadow or outline for legibility on the letters.

#3870 2 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

How can I buy one? I need a replacement for this mechanism but I do not know how.I am the second owner, I can not contact the distributor ...

I checked and Pinball life has verified that this redesigned single drop target assembly 500-1083-01-L6 is available from Stern currently and they can special order it to ship in less than a week. Cost is $185.50 plus shipping ($14 less than marco, who are OOS anyway). Contact [email protected] and he'll order it for you.

1 month later
#4055 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Actually, it's not that bad, you get used to it being unhinged. Just like the lockbar clamps, which work better in keeping the lockbar secured and much cheaper than any lockbar mechanism.

But are more failure-prone than any williams/bally lockdown bar. Tension from the latch will eventually loosen the screw holes of the screws holding the latches. We already have a few on route that aren't tight anymore and can't be tightened without a hole repair. The latches were done as a cost-reduction, not to give you an awesome new latching system. That doesn't happen with the much more durable B/W style lockdowns.

5 months later
#4332 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

You're going to get varying opinions. My opinion is, yes, it's worth it. I'm glad I got a premium. It didn't hurt that the price was really, really good, either.

Are we talking WWE good or just GotG good pricing?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside