IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ochofosho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#845 6 years ago

GotG Pro is my first pin and I've got a ton of games on it already, but would like to know if there is any sort of detailed rule sheet for it. Specifically I'm curious about how the Sanctuary mode works as I seem to complete that mode without making any shots until after the timer has expired.

As for my enjoyment of the game, I think it's been fantastic so far. I did try a few games on the original code before upgrading it and can see why some people were frustrated with it, but on the latest code it has been a lot of fun.

#856 6 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

If there is a detailed rule set out there, I have not seen it ,nor have I been directed to it. I have wondered about the Sanctuary mode myself. It always starts out with just one shot-Drax. Then once this is made it moves to Rocket. It would seem odd that the timer for this mode runs out and automatically awards Sanctuary II- but it appears to do this more often then not. I have seen the required shot moved with each hit of the pops.I think there are only 2 required shots in this mode and then goes to the next phase of the mode. If I remember correctly-the 2 shots are made ,and the timer runs out then all shots are available in the yellow color insert. I don't usually use the Hadron Enforcer button for one of these shots - I try to stack them up for use in the MB modes-especially Orb. It is the toughest to complete.I have worked my way to the scene where the Collector is relating the story of "Beings of Extraordinary Strength" using the Infinity Stones.
Has anyone seen the SPECIAL insert light yet?
I am still uncertain if the Upgrade scoop is worth the shot- as in the Pod Chase- it seems you are penalized for the upgrade by only having the ramps as the required shots.I avoid the scoop like the plague in this mode.
Congrats on your game OchoFosho- I really am enjoying the game. I had an X-files and it had some pretty tight shots and was hated by some, but it was a great feeling to make the shot cleanly.
Cheers

Thanks sgorsuch. I've had the same questions about the upgrade as well, especially in Pod Chase where it does seem to make the mode harder to complete, though I'm not sure if the points reflect the added difficulty.

As for Sanctuary, I've seen all lights turn yellow after the timer without successfully hitting ANY shots (ie, no Drax) and then still being awarded Sanctuary II if I make any yellow shot before draining the ball. Seems strange, but Sanctuary is a pretty short mode.

And no, I've never seen the Special insert light up either. I've played or watched about 300 games on my machine so I'm guessing that hasn't been coded yet.

1 week later
#937 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Can some owners share their setup and some audits please?
In particular I am interested on ball time, game time, outlane setup and left/right/center drain percentages.
On route I am seeing extremely long ball times and heavy bias towards left and center with few right drains.
I will be in and pull some audits when I am in this week to share.

503 Left drains - 37.5%
731 Center drains - 54.4%
109 Right drains - 8.1%
4 tilts
425 ball saves

I didn't see average game time in my audits, only a histogram listing the number of games in the 0-1 minute, 1-2 minute etc etc.

This is HUO by the way with everything at factory default on 0.81 code.

1 month later
#1216 6 years ago

I've noticed often in Groot multiball that Groot's mouth will stop part way open (or part way closed, not sure which direction it is moving) and will not respond to being hit at all until multiball is over. This does not allow the player to lock any more balls during the multiball. The mechanism itself seems to be working fine. Have other people noticed this behavior before. Anyone know what causes it or what can prevent it? Is this simply a coding issue that needs to be looked at?

Additionally, I have never seen the Groot mouth behave poorly during normal play, this only occurs during multiball. Maybe something about the mouth being hit twice in rapid succession?

Thanks,
Ryan

#1220 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

seems to be code issue. I have noticed the same thing on our game. Only in multiball

Thanks @Whysnow, hopefully this can be fixed with firmware.

And @Zucram, I'm at V0.85. Originally had V0.61 in December and have kept up with the code releases.

#1238 6 years ago

Tried to update last night, but kept getting an error that the update failed to unpack. I was using a different USB stick than I normally do (as my regular one took a trip through the washing machine).

Tried quick update, full update, verification on and off. Same result. Besides reformatting my USB stick and downloading the code again, is there anything else I should be trying?

Thanks

1 week later
#1284 6 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Has anybody else noticed that you can't seem to time out on Sanctuary, it seems to just roll over into Sanctuary 2 even if you haven't completed a shot, gotta be a bug!

As mentioned above, Sanctuary is more of a survival mode. As long as you make ANY lit that lights up after the timer expires you complete the mode and go on to Sanctuary 2.

4 weeks later
#1438 6 years ago

At 0:54 is Groot's mouth actually timed to say "I am Groot" something that I have been oblivious to or is that something we might see in future code?

Also around 2:09 with Rocket telling Groot not to eat the pinball. Don't think I've ever heard that.

1 week later
#1660 5 years ago

Has anyone had Groot's mouth only open halfway during Groot MB thus never allowing you to lock a ball during that mode? I see this happen about 20% of the time I get that multiball started. Otherwise the mouth behaves normally.

#1665 5 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

A few times for me. The lower jaw was just a little higher than the playfield,and no shot would make it past this.Maybe like 4-5 times since November.

I'll try to get more information on what might be causing it for me.

I've also noticed when you start MB Groot's mouth will occasionally sort of stutter as it opens. It'll open about 1/3 of the way, then stop briefly, then go a bit more, and stop, and finally open all the way then fire the balls out. Not sure if the 2 problems are related.

1 month later
#2105 5 years ago

Updated to 1.00.0 last night. Couple things I noticed that I'd like to see if anyone else has.

1) Is there any audio to accompany the REPLAY video (the piece with the ship and the retro 80's font that says REPLAY)? That part is totally silent for me and seems like it should have some sort of audio.

2) I've posted this before, but seems like it is just my machine. Just before Groot "talks" his mouth stutters open slowly, possibly something binding mechanically or an end of travel switch not working. Then he'll close his mouth, then finally say "I am Groot" synced to the sound (which is awesome BTW). It's like my Groot has a bit of a speech impediment.

Other than those little things, new code seemed great. I've had my Pro since Christmas and I've been very happy with the steady flow of updates.

-RF

2 weeks later
#2283 5 years ago

Hey owners, couple questions. Are any of you seeing wear on Groot's chin like in the attached picture? I realize bashing a steel ball into a piece of plastic will cause some wear, but this is starting to look kind of bad and I'm wondering what can be done about it.

Also in the picture I have the left switch angled out a little bit, it seems really solid, works well, but I'm wondering if that should be adjusted or just left alone.

GotG is my first pin so I'm just now learning about what care and maintenance is required.

Thanks,
RLF

2018-06-07_08h57_39 (resized).png2018-06-07_08h57_39 (resized).png
10 months later
#3688 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

My wife and I always wanted one of these, but the lack of songs and voices kept us from getting it. Now I hear there's a sound mod for it (Cleland I think) and I can't find anyone local who has one with it installed. I found a quick video like 1 minute long on youtube, but it's not enough. Are there any good long streams or youtube videos with this mod installed?

There is a thread for the sound mod, but from what I hear nobody can post a long video for it because the youtube copyright filters catch them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/

#3690 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Lame. Maybe a Twitch stream then?

Someone in here or in the sound mod post might be willing to do so. Sorry, that's not my area of expertise.

But generally speaking, the consensus about Cleland's mod is that it is amazing. There are a few different versions out there. I've been running Cleland's version since it came out and love it.

1 week later
#3712 4 years ago
Quoted from shriver187:

will the stock balls be fine till i get a chance to order the
new ones? and i do want to add a shaker. I also wanna see the sound
before i try to do cleland sound update. for one so i no the
difference and for 2 maybe i wont even mind the factory sound.

I ran the stock Stern balls in mine for over a year before replacing them. They started to look a bit dull and were getting a touch of pitting / corrosion on them.

I have found that after cleaning / waxing / changing balls that my magnet doesn't catch as often though, so maybe make sure when it comes time to get fresh balls you get ones that work well with magnets.

2 weeks later
#3760 4 years ago
Quoted from spiwrx:

Sorry guys, I'm new to this group please bare with me... (I just got mine this past weekend manufactured in April)
Is it just me or in the Game play on Rockets Mission "Escape Kyln" the skill shot (2 Nova Corp lanes) seems wonky compared to the other missions. Sometimes I get (on a new ball) both lanes flashing, sometimes one. Then after the ball passes through one of them both lights go out and never come back on until a new ball or mission. From just playing it all memorial weekend it seems all the other missions have traditional behavior where you get the flashing skill shot and then the lane stays lit.
I'm on current version I believe. 1.06(?)
Also, is there a manual or guide somewhere that explains the gameplay a bit more. I didn't see it on the stern website.

On the ball plunge at the start of Escape Kyln will have all those 2 top lanes doing double duty. They're lit and flashing for your mission, and one of the two is also flashing at a different rate (faster?) for the skill shot. It is a bit wonky, but it works.

Here's a link to manual you can refer to:

http://tiltforums.com/t/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-rulesheet-wip/3338

#3764 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Didn't play the game for some months; just updated to latest gamecode and now ball gets stuck 4 out of 5 in orb
Anyone knows how to fix this?
Thanks a lot in advance!

Behind the drop target? Unlikely a code issue, there is a whole thread about this. I had to try a few things before mine started working again.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-drop-target-problem

Hope that helps, it is a super annoying problem.

1 week later
#3810 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Anyone else has problems with the capture of the orb? several times during the game the avanable target does not catch the ball. Does it happen to someone else?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-drop-target-problem

There is a whole thread just for that problem. Some people have a target that won't catch and stay up, others have one that won't go back down.

Hope this helps.

2 weeks later
#3887 4 years ago

Father's day gifts finally installed. Baby Groot and Hexagonal pin blades. I'm amazed a 5 month old baby has such good taste in pinball mods!

20190623_193525 (resized).jpg20190623_193525 (resized).jpg20190623_193558 (resized).jpg20190623_193558 (resized).jpg
#3894 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Are those art blades glossy or matte finish?

They're a pretty matte finish. Not fully matte like the legs on the machine, but certainly not a high gloss of any sort like the playfield. They're the Tilt Graphics GameBlades from modfatherpinball.com.

7 months later
#4343 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Hi there, We've got a little issue with our GOTG Pro. When starting up the first (1 player) game of the day, numbers start scrolling around where the scores of player 1, 2 & 3 normally are placed. This only stops when the machine gets switched on and off. Does somebody else here also have had this issue?[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey, I just saw this for the first time on my game yesterday. Code 1.06. I finished my 1 player game, started a new one, and it was still behaving the same so I powered it off. I haven't powered it back up yet, but just wondering if yours still does this or if anyone else has seen this?

-RLF

2 months later
#4391 3 years ago

I know the topic of the magnet not catching the ball on the Pro machines has been beat to death on here, but I thought I'd add a little more info that I noticed.

I've had the time to play a LOT more pinball lately at home and the magnet on my Guardians has been performing very well and very consistently (as has the rest of the game). On Sunday I cleaned and polished the play field. Now the magnet catches maybe 1 out of 3 balls that exit from the Orb target. The machine is playing significantly faster after polishing and nothing else has changed. I have also noticed that the magnet will sometimes grab a ball that flies past it quickly then bounces around and gets back near it. So I have no doubt that it is working.

Hopefully this eases some concerns people have with their magnet not always working. Once the machine has slowed back down a bit I'll post an update.

-RLF

5 months later
#4679 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Can anyone help me with the following issue please? sometimes when I start groot multiball by locking the last ball required to start it, the machine seems a little confused. The multiball video sequence starts where groot is being attacked by the drone things on the screen but the balls aren't ejected and the ' I am groot ' callout doesn't play, it just sort of sits there for a while like it's lost track of balls until ball search kicks out all 3 balls then we're away. Sounds like a switch issue but the confusing thing is, as I said above, the multiball sequence half starts so it knows the 3rd or 4th ball has been locked. Is this a known issue?

Maybe it knows that last ball has reached Groot only because it broke the laser that is in front of his mouth, but then it can't find the ball in the trough? Can you try to replicate that using your finger to just break that beam without feeding the ball into his mouth? For that matter, anyone on here could try that.

3 months later
#4987 3 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Thats where I got the information for the spacer. I think I'll see about getting the actual magnet closer, not just the metal stud. U was worried the stud was pushing up and made the bump, it it was touching

Someone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you want the "stud", or "core" of the magnet close to the playfield. The coil shouldn't make any difference as long as it is around the core (which it will be at all times).

This magnet can be a weird, finnicky issue. I've got some plastic spacers in mine to get the core close to the playfield and get catches about 90% of the time when exiting the orb. And as other people have mentioned, your playfield angle and your rubber post by the orb drop target matter a lot to get the ball to deflect directly over the magnet at the correct time.

6 months later
#5832 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Ok, so being the noob that I am. When picking a mode , it shows the lit up shots you have to make. I make some of them but the light still stays on but blinks afterwards ( like I have to hit it again )? while in some modes they completely go away and I can concentrate on the other shots I have to make. Anyone with a better understanding of this can maybe give me an idea of what's going on or what to do? Do I need to keep hitting the shots once they start blinking?

There is a detailed list of each mode's rules that I'll link here, but the short version is that in some modes you have to hit the same shots multiple times (like the ramps in Pod Chase) and in other modes if you hit them once then that is it (like in Escape Kyln).

http://tiltforums.com/t/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-rulesheet-wip/3338

1 year later
#7876 1 year ago

I've had my GotG Pro since its original run in late 2017. Upon turning it on yesterday I got a message saying there was an error on node board 8. When I look at that board I see that the 48V LED is lit up, but neither the 6V or the boot LEDs are. I noticed a few people mentioned a terminating resistor should be in the last board of the lineup, but that is absent from my board.

Is there anything that can be done to troubleshoot this board before ordering a new one? I've tried re-seating the cat5 cables, without any luck.

I'm running Cleland's 1.06 code and haven't ever had any issues like this before. Stern tech support did reply to my request fairly quickly, but just said to replace the whole node board. I'm in Canada so the cost of the boards shipped to me is pretty steep for a random failure.

Thanks

#7877 1 year ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

I've had my GotG Pro since its original run in late 2017. Upon turning it on yesterday I got a message saying there was an error on node board 8. When I look at that board I see that the 48V LED is lit up, but neither the 6V or the boot LEDs are. I noticed a few people mentioned a terminating resistor should be in the last board of the lineup, but that is absent from my board.
Is there anything that can be done to troubleshoot this board before ordering a new one? I've tried re-seating the cat5 cables, without any luck.
I'm running Cleland's 1.06 code and haven't ever had any issues like this before. Stern tech support did reply to my request fairly quickly, but just said to replace the whole node board. I'm in Canada so the cost of the boards shipped to me is pretty steep for a random failure.
Thanks

Took the board off tonight and had a closer look. Seems like this chip shouldn't be melted. Can't say if this is a result of the root cause failure or if this chip itself was the problem. It is listed as a voltage regulator chip.

Anyone know if this is worth pursuing a repair or is a replacement my only option?

20230310_213350 (resized).jpg20230310_213350 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ochofosho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=ochofosho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.