IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mima.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2881 5 years ago

On the topic of DropTargets not resetting:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/40#post-4382324

It is sadly a well known old issue that appears on many Stern machines.
SB No165 from 2006 regarding #world-poker-tour addresses this.

It makes me wonder why Stern never have made a proper fix /redesign of the drop targets.
+12 years and counting....

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/downloads/sb165.pdf

cheers
/mima

#2882 5 years ago

2 in a row....

Looking to be a proud owner ocf a NIB Pro in a couple of weeks and i have spent a few hours plowing through this 58 pages long thread....
*phew* but I have not found what I was looking for. Maybe i did not see the forest because all of the trees? So I´ll pop the question instead.

The only downside (as I see it) for the Pro vs Pre&LE is that it only has one magnet instead of three.
Is it possible to retro fit the two other magnets on a pro machine? Or is the playfield, mechs and programming
made different on the pro vs the Pre&LE in this concern?

Cheers
/mima

#2885 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

THe more common issue with the orb drop target is that it does not drop when the ball is locked behind it, this service bulletin addresses the drop target not staying up( due to target not catching on ledge) vs not dropping( not being pushed off ledge)
I see marco has a listing for a new drop target assembly with a different configuration of the coil relay( magnet ) and trigger plate , looks similar to bally revenge from mars drop target, does anyone with a newer machine have this assembly ?
[quoted image]

I was referring to the post i linked to in my reply, where the post does not reset.

#2903 5 years ago

I am already having an idea of a mod for the Guardians when it finally arrives here.
You guys that have played it alot, i have a question for you.

Currently there are 4 songs from the movie sound track incorporated in the game, right?

During game play, what & when does each of these songs get played?

Cheers
/Micael

#2905 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Iirc each song gets played randomly when you are not in a mode. Cherry bomb also plays during that mb.
I went to Cleland code pretty quick so i think this is correct.

Thanks for the quick reply, so t here is nothing that triggers the songs then.

3 weeks later
#2958 5 years ago

Hey Guys, anyone sitting on the different releases of the Pro code, I´d be happy to find any but the latest (1.4) Pro-code somewhere.

Cheers
/MiMa

#2975 5 years ago

Hey guys, just wanted to share that I made these for my game today.

DSC_0073 (resized).JPGDSC_0073 (resized).JPG

#2982 5 years ago

I messed up...
I could need a good scan of the rule card for the GOTG_Pro, so that I could print a new.
(or a url for a downloadable original) I can´t find any on Sterns webpage

Would anyone care to assist?

Cheers
/mima

#2993 5 years ago

Talking about aprons... Would it be possible to use a premium apron in a pro and get that lit up?

1 month later
#3165 5 years ago
Quoted from Tungsten78:

Here's the video for others looking for a drop target fix.

This is the fix for the drop not staying up. At least it's the same as the 10 year old Stern service bulletin (it's a wonder that this issue has not been permanently solved yet by Stern)

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/sb165.pdf

3 weeks later
#3246 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Mine gotg pro works great... however after the plunges the ball kinda wants to lazily drop into the top lanes from behind groots head... usually happens 9 out of 10 times the ball goes up there.
Any advice? Just raise the back?

In 106 there's a setting to weaken the power of the autoplunger, I did turn my settings way dow.

#3247 5 years ago

In 106 (presumably before that to) while holding the left flipper button and the hadron enforcer when not in play a timer appears on the screen and this "competition mode ready press start now". What does it mean, do, and so forth?

#3262 5 years ago

Hi guys, I am searching for the Adjustment 43 COIL PUSLE POWER in code v1.6. Has that moved or been removed? (Adjusting that gave my games drop target a higher reliability of dropping when a ball was locked behind it. Now the drop is not dropping when it should, the coil pulses but it will not drop.)

cheers
/Micael

#3277 5 years ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

From the current (1.06.0) readme:

Doh! I read through that a bunch of times and missed it.. *sigh*
It would be nice to have coil-power adjustment setting for the drop-coil of the dropdown target
in a future update, if comming. As that seemd to have a positive effekt on my drop not dropping..

Thanks for beeing my eyes
/cheers

1 week later
#3300 5 years ago

I finally took me the time to draw out a orb plastic protector and start my CNC for my GOTG.
I am pretty stoked with the result, and the first credit played for play test after the install gave med 400M on the scoreboard.

_20190202_131416.JPG_20190202_131416.JPGDSC_0469.JPGDSC_0469.JPGDSC_0471.JPGDSC_0471.JPG
5 months later
#3956 4 years ago

Happy camper!
Now with a signed translite in my pro.

DSC_0316.JPGDSC_0316.JPGDSC_0317.JPGDSC_0317.JPG
3 months later
#4234 4 years ago

Late to the party, but I finally installed Cleland on my Guardians.
I like it, but I am not 100% sold on it (yet). It is a bit crowded music-wise,
to the point that the game-play feels messy.

Love the fact that there are more songs though.

First game after Cleland modification.

Edit.
Sound is crap on the video due to the cameras microphone.

Cheers
/MiMa

#4236 4 years ago
Quoted from Rengozu:

You can also try the Sinestro download, which is a lot of Cleland's work, but still has original mode music active and only plays the custom music when out of mode. Some like the way that flows better. Pretty sure that's the one to look for that does that, but there are a few variations out there I've seen.
Played again yesterday at the local arcade and they had just waxed it down. Man, all my learning progress was gone. Felt like I was playing a whole new game that didn't shoot the same anymore. lol, drove me insane trying to hit the ramps now. One thing that blew me away was that I saw more magnet action in one game after the clean than I had in 100's of games beforehand, so that was something I was really missing out on.

I'll try Sinestro too, and see if it feels less crowded.
/MiMa

1 month later
#4254 4 years ago

As many homeowners worry much about the fast dimpling of the playfield, I would say that that's the fore most important mod to do is a full size PETG playfield protector. Prior to any credit played. If that (dimples) is a concern.

#4257 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Dimples will always occur but I wouldn't worry too much about that. Personally I find there are more downsides to a protector than there are upsides. The most important two downsides:
1. It influences the flow, no matter how much you tweak and tune, flow is always impacted. Balls get stuck in several places.
2. Application is difficult, to do it correctly many adjustments need to be done.

I agree to disagree.... If dimples are a concern for the owner, then a playfield protector is the primary mod to install prior to the first credit played.

1 month later
#4318 4 years ago

So happy with my Pro-game that I've been moding to my liking.. Some of the modd highlited in these photos.

DSC_0876.JPGDSC_0876.JPGDSC_0877.JPGDSC_0877.JPGDSC_0878.JPGDSC_0878.JPGDSC_0883.JPGDSC_0883.JPG
3 months later
#4433 3 years ago

My latest mod for my Guardians, I just finished it today pretty happy with the result.

DSC_0028.JPGDSC_0028.JPG Added over 4 years ago:

Testing it out...

3 months later
#4519 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I’ve readjusted it last night. No matter where I adjust it to, gravity from the slop puts it back down on the playfield. When I adjusted the bat in the prawl it was retightened as it was before I loosened it.
I’m pretty mechanically inclined and have no problems working on anything. It’s the trouble shooting on things I’m not super familiar with.....that can be an issue. I’ll order a Flipper bushing. Thanks for all your insight. Much appreciated

Here's one tip for you, add a washer as a shim on the flipper prior to mounting it in the bushing. Keep the play in the assembly (about the thickness of a credit card) and you should be good to go.

But make sure that the bushing isn't wrecked, if so. Replace it with a new one.

Cheers
/mima

DSC_2732 (resized).JPGDSC_2732 (resized).JPG
#4521 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Hmmm this could be part of my problem. I just ordered new flipper bushing. This washer you are showing, does it come with the new bushing?

No, this is not a OEM part, just a modification to raise the bat slightly higher over the playfield

6 months later
#5009 3 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

Messing around with the parts that just came in. Got video running on the 5” screen. Next is cutting a precise rectangle in the apron for mounting plus run the wires properly.
[quoted image]

What's the parts that get video out.?

6 months later
#5979 2 years ago

I couldn't be more proud of my five year-old ❤️

1 month later
#6120 2 years ago

+1

#6149 2 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Has anyone had this problem? Suddenly the shooter lane auto launch is weaker. Doesn't make it to the top of the PF. Settings are at high(255), I put a new coil sleeve in, everything moves smoothly and alignment is correct.
thx

One more thing to check is the coil stop. For years Stern has sadly had a stock pile of inferior cr*p. A worn/broken coils stop would make the solenoid weak.
/mima

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 28.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.50
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mima.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=mima and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.