IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbrave77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5823 2 years ago

I have a guardians pro coming next week. My only pro as im usually premium/le. What mods are must haves? And what pitch is this game best at?

#5825 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Shaker and sub woofer for sure. Pinwoofer if you really wanna take it over the top.

Yea i do shaker/invisiglass/shooter rod on every game. Didnt know what else.

#5852 2 years ago

those pinstadiums look awesome. Ive never felt the need for pinstadiums as I play with lights on(dimmed to like 30%). The main reason I dont get them is because you need to take them off to lift playfield right? Seems like an extra step and im lazy i guess

#5861 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

I get that and thought it might be a bit inconvenient but the magnet strip snaps it into place strongly yet they snap off easily and just rest on the playfield when I lift it up. If I put the playfield up vertical it's very easy to not let them fall and just rest them against the cabinet. I've done this several times now without any issues. I was originally thinking I might design and print some custom brackets to mount them to the playfield something like their Xeno mounts for JJP but now that I see how easy it is with the magnets I won't bother, I think it looks cleaner this way anyway.
tbh, this was to be my first NIB pin and the longer the delays went the more mods and accessories I ordered, figuring I'll go all-out pimping this game. I went a bit overboard but I'm loving it. I think about the only thing I haven't done is a topper, and that's probably because every time I looked for one I never found stock, lol!
Yeah. I have a problem. Oh well.

Thanks for the info. Maybe im just not wanting to try one because then ill want on all 8 of my games....Thats expensive heh. I already do invisiglass on them all.

#5920 2 years ago

Mine comes tomorrow and i believe is a new build as well. Oh well still cant wait.

#5930 2 years ago

Got my pro yesterday and just got it all setup. Holy crap this game is fast. Feels fast like tmnt so i guess thats just borg for you. That kickback is insane.

This was my first pro. Didnt know pros have a plastic apron. Is it still ok to lift the game by it? Feels a little breakable.

#5932 2 years ago

Definitely think Im going to move the lane knobs to the easier position on this game. Outlanes seem hungry. But i hate it when games make you removed ramps and laneguides whatnot to make that little change. Seems this game is like that a bit.

#5935 2 years ago

first day with the game I really like it but I suck. I can get just over 300m so far but dont really know how. Orb shot tried from the left always seems to borg bounce to left outlane. Can be backhanded but still pretty tough. And man those inlanes always seem to bounce to the left outlane.

#5937 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

sounds like you don't have pitch and level correct. I have mine at 6.5 degrees and level left/right and the magnet grabs the ball out of the orb every time. The direction it flings is random and I control it with a nudge, the left outlane isn't an issue at all for mine. My ramp return to the left flipper never bounces to the outlane, and nudging to keep the ball away from the lane area keeps the outlanes from being too greedy for me. My main left outlane enemy is the HE target next to the Gamora ramp, when I forehand that from a cradle it likes to return straight to the left outlane.
Overall I love the layout and shots and don't have much to complain about, I think my poor skills are to blame for almost everything! This game is definitely improving my accuracy.

I dont think theres a pitch problem. Im at 6.6 perfectly level. Im just having issues hitting orb shot from left side which seems Borgish like tmnt. Backhand easier but still hardish. Magnet catches stuff. fun magnet kinda like houdini

#5948 2 years ago

So is GotG kind of like Star Trek in that each quest has a level 1, 2, 3? If so Im assuming I should try to finish all level 1s first? Are there bonuses for doing certain ones in order?

#5953 2 years ago

thanks everyone for the strategy posts. that makes sense.

#5957 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Yeah I get it...although being an owner of Stranger Things Premium I would say this magnet issue is a blip. STh need to be heavily dialed in and managed...but its still a GREAT game. DOn't let the small stuff get you down....enjoy!

He aint lying about stranger things wow. I have an LE and have spent MANY hours dialing that shit in and it still isnt perfect, but the game is great. Thank god for chuckwurt helping out in that thread.

#5959 2 years ago

Ok after a full day of having this machine and everyones input im getting better. Just got to Cherry Bomb for first time and got 593m. What are "good scores" in this game? 1b? 1.5b?

#5961 2 years ago

yea i dont even know how to activate the multipliers yet. In general in not a huge fan of games that rely on multipliers for score. I learned to love my Star Wars Premium more when I learneed to ignore it.

#5963 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

You can certainly ignore it but there are real strategies around them especially the earned shot multipliers. This game is a lot more fun with the multipliers than star wars for me. The mode completion bonuses are also huge so if you focus on modes and completing them and their victory laps it's perfectly viable as well.

victory laps? Havent seen that yet. They dont come after mode level 1 do they?

#5985 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Haha yes totally agree and Chuck Wurt is a saint! By the way we live way too close to each other not to have done a trade yet! 20 min drive! My mother-in-law lives down the road from Haddonfield.

Ive done a lot of sales/trades over the last few years so Im always open to a new trading partner. Though I own or have owned your collection so we have similar taste! Im also interested in league play at some point but dont really know of many in the area. A new retro arcade did just open in haddonfield btw. Ram arcade. Todd tuckey did a video from there 2 weeks ago from the opening. Billy mitchell was there. Cool place though their pins arent the best. They do have ST TNG which is nice.

#5991 2 years ago

ok I hit 1billion today for the first time. Starting to figure things out a bit

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5995 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Wow a billion man I’ve had mine sense may n I’ve gotten 184 million tops I’m hitting this that trying to complete modes but can’t get the score to kick it in I’m not doing something right

Its a tough game IMO. Been focusing on getting groot multiball and orb multiball along with modes. You can make groot multiball last an insane amount of time by putting more balls into the lock.

1 week later
#6024 2 years ago
Quoted from wbloss:

Hi all, have been preparing to purchase a new GOTG, it will be my first pinball. Came across some YouTube videos discussing poor product from Stern, specifically the Spike2 stuff. What have you guys found, is it really crap or are the negative comments blown out of proportion? Thanks!

I remember watching that same video above when thinking about my first pin(deadpool). Ive had 13 of them now and havent had any major problems on any of them. Buy with confidence.

1 week later
#6079 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Also, do you guys know how to get to the settings that allows you to restart a game by holding in the start button? My Iron Maiden came like that by default .

I forget what its called but its in there. Theres also a setting to end a game by holding start and left flipper

#6088 2 years ago

Man this game is frustrating me. Its a lot like when I got my TMNT. That game really got to me, made me angry. Maybe Im not a borg guy! I dunno....Need to give it some time off and get back to it. Iron Maiden coming this week so itll give me some time off!

#6091 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

That phrase had been uttered by many others.

I actually miss my TMNT LE i got. i gave up too fast. It was hard, but so pretty. And I never got to play half shell challenge.

1 month later
#6241 2 years ago

Any advice for making that super tight rocket shot any easier? Ill hit it by mistake but rarely on purpose….

11 months later
#7075 1 year ago

Just ordered a NIB PRO to get back in the club. What are the chances stern re runs a topper like they are doing for Iron Maiden? Id love one to go with.

#7085 1 year ago

My nib pro comes today. Can someone DM me the cleland code 1.09 and any instructions?

Do i put the new SD card even before booting the game up the first time? Or do I need to set the game up with original code first?

#7089 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Agreed. Play stock first, then update or you will be chasing your tail thinking it is the code

heh Ive owned GotG in the past with stock code. I know what to expect. now ready to experience Cleland code if anyone can share.

#7097 1 year ago

Ok got my new pro all set up. All seems well but what is the preferred pitch on this game? Im at like 6.7 and you definetly need a perfect hit to get it up the ramps. Maybe not perfect but a decent amount of balls going halfway up the ramps. That to be expected?

#7100 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Get a strip of mylar on the left side of the lower scoop (the front of it has it already) or a cliffy before you play it much. I've seen machines where that left edge started chipping in as little as 100 plays.

Scoop protector is already on order. Do I have to take apart much to install?

How about pitch?

2 weeks later
#7223 1 year ago

Ok dumb question. Im going to powder coat my pro legs, lockdown, and side rails. How do I get the metal plate off the lockdown and back on nicely? What do I need?

Also anyone have color suggestions for Gotg?

#7225 1 year ago

You are talking about the rocket plate? If it is ribetted need to drill out the ribbet.
I can’t remember how it’s attached. Will take a look.
I like purple on gotg. Matches most of the color scheme

I was thinking purple as well. I put purple LED flipper buttons on. Guess I need to figure out how to get ribetted stuff off. I have a few games with those id like to power coat

#7228 1 year ago

If it is ribets you will drill them out, unless there is a tool to take them off that is better than a drill.
Maybe there is a better way of doing that. That is how I do it at least.
Just replaced ramp flaps in my tron and worked great.

i just dont know if I have an attachment like that. will look

#7232 1 year ago

pinball refinery is part of cointaker right? Do you mail youur parts in and they do it and mail back? I think I can have someone do it locally for more like 200 bucks.

#7303 1 year ago

My original GotG magnet almost never grabbed. My gotg from the recent run works perfectly. The cooler effect from the magnet is how some balls from groot swerve and move a bit when he shoots them out

1 month later
#7708 1 year ago

noticed the below today on my few month old Gotg Pro from the last run. Ive had the scoop protector sitting uninstalled forever but seeing this finally gave me the motivation to install. By the way this looks bad but all the wood is actually stable. I feel like they filled it with glue or something. And with the protector now in im not worried.
I thought the protector install was going to be a pain in the ass but it was pretty straight forward. Didnt need to take the mech off from the bottom, just needed to remove the plastic around the mech on top. Easy and it sits perfectly flush.

20230123_231756668_iOS (resized).jpg20230123_231756668_iOS (resized).jpg
#7756 1 year ago

Just had my best game ever by far. I had save Xander lit and Ive never even come close to lighting it. And of course I couldnt hit the scoop, tried to trap up and take my time and lost the ball. Ugh!!!!!!! new GC by a mile though.

20230127_230625121_iOS (resized).jpg20230127_230625121_iOS (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,495 (Firm)
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbrave77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.