IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maplesyrup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2129 5 years ago

As Tungsten78 mentioned earlier in the thread, this solution completely fixed my weak magnet issues.

I’ve taken a few photos in case anybody wants to try it out, but needs very specific instructions.

Turn off Game. Remove Balls. Lift
Playfield.

Remove Magnet Core Bracket by removing screws marked 1 and 2 with a 1/4” nut driver or flathead screwdriver.

Then remove bolt 3 with a Philips screwdriver to separate magnet core from bracket.

Insert 2 washers labelled A and B between Magnet core and bracket, and then reassemble.

Voila! That’s French for “Look at That!!”

Note, I have taken a pic of the upper right Mag, but the lowest point of the triangle (which is the highest up the playfield when the playfield is in game position!) is the most important one. It’s responsible for the grab out of the orb drop.

1AB4D8EC-ABE3-40E3-96E5-E539CFFBE529 (resized).jpeg1AB4D8EC-ABE3-40E3-96E5-E539CFFBE529 (resized).jpeg

191ABC59-FC9E-4E7B-A7EA-C5DC3627E5F0 (resized).jpeg191ABC59-FC9E-4E7B-A7EA-C5DC3627E5F0 (resized).jpeg

#2158 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Washer size? Thanks in advance.

I tried to use washers that were slightly larger in diameter than the magnet core. I ran out though and used a few that were smaller. I don’t think it matters too much. You’re just pushing the core closer to the wood.

I used washers with a small inner hole, so they wouldn’t be sloshing around the bolt in any way. I think that’s more important that the overall diameter. Anything close to 3/4” should be fine.

#2165 5 years ago

My left outlane was a black hole exerting an inescapable gravity field.

I find with the heavy emphasis on the scoop for Mode start and upgrades, you are necessarily adding a ton of chaos to the game. That’s probably the toughest/Most important shot in the game, and bricking it invariably sends the ball on a slingshot nightmare journey.

For me, the perfect balance was to close the outlanes. Occasionally I have a monster game, but most of the time it still kicks the crap out of me.

If I get more consistent with the game, I will open them up again.

The rocket shot is often so fast that it fires under my right flipper before it’s even had a chance to drop again... maybe I need to focus on quick flipping that?! It’s such a tight shot though, I find follow through helps my accuracy.

#2192 5 years ago

Has anybody given any thought, or come up with any solutions to the Groot hand blocking view of the Ronan insert.

I thought about a few things.

Crude solution. Remove hand and drill an angled hole through the hand and mounting plate to allow a sight line to the insert.

Slightly more elegant solution. Try to mount a small bubble mirror on top of the spinner bracket that might reflect the insert?!

Perhaps impossible solution... is there a way to tie in to the LED on the node board to add a satellite LED on top of Groot’s hand or wrist?!

Anybody?!

#2200 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Don't mean to repeat myself, but I love the arms...really cool look for the game. A quick duck and glance tells me all I need to know about the insert.

Yes, I know it’s easy to make it work... but it would be so much better if it was readily readable.

Also better for people new to the game.

As I become more experienced with the game, I mostly know when it’s lit anyway.

If I can find an elegant solution though, I will take it.

#2210 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I am working on it, the metal bracket that the arm is attached to will be replaced by a clear plastic. Moving just the arm helped but the plate blocks the view still.

Cool. Keep me posted

#2265 5 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

norcalrealtor I may try to head up to Phoenix today to check out the new code. Do you have Cleland’s mix installed? I’m trying to decide between this, Batman 66, or TWD for my next pin.

I just joined the club with an LE. I LOVE the game, but I think it lacks that 2nd and 3rd layer of depth that games like TWD, and BM66 have... IE Lyman’s crazy code.

For a really FUN play, especially with Cleland’s added music and movie call outs... it’s a fantastic pin. Easy to understand, and very satisfying when you pull it off and it all comes together. Lightshow on the LE/Pre is amazing.

It lacks the complexity of the other 2 games you mentioned, but it brings the fun.

Those who keep harping on the similarity to MET in the layout are just comparing pictures. It doesn’t feel the same AT all. Plus, the insane Racoon kickout and the Orb lock make it feel radically different.

You can’t go wrong, but in my opinion you’re choosing fun over complexity. I think BM66 offers BOTH.

3 weeks later
#2415 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Not yet. I have it written to a SD card, but I want to spend some time with Stern's code so I can really tell the difference in what cleland did.

I think the biggest improvement is song variety. Cleland kicked up the jams! The Stern code, and sound alike voice work is actually very good now. The impression that early code left was poor, but it’s VASTLY improved. You’re not have a bad experience on stock code. Cleland’s update just makes it better, but for me it’s more about the music than the call outs.

#2463 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

My daughter set a legit high score! Just shy of 200 mil.

Good for her!

1 month later
#2793 5 years ago

This may have already been covered here, but I had an issue with my Orb Drop Target not dropping. In coil test, I could see that the coil was in fact firing, but it seemed too weak to pull the bracket up and drop the target.

I tested the voltage of the coil, and it was fine.

My next assumption was that the bracket was getting jammed somehow. I found that when I placed the drop release bracket directly in the Center of the mech... it worked properly. So, I tried to get it to sit there using thin washers... but that didn’t work. In fact it made the issue worse.

My solution to the problem was VERY rudimentary, but it worked like a charm.

I simply torqued the entire mech slightly towards the lockdown bar. I surmised that this would leave the bracket with less distance to travel to grab the magnet, and drop the coil. It works perfectly now.

I applied gentle steady pressure to the entire mech, which bent the bracket ever so slightly and solved the issue. I hope this info is helpful.

AB818626-3628-4E53-B18D-B6DC0D1F2A4A (resized).jpegAB818626-3628-4E53-B18D-B6DC0D1F2A4A (resized).jpeg
#2795 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Did you try what 89RedLX did above? I think by pushing on it you did the same thing?

Haha. Yes, it appears that’s exactly what I did, but without removing the mech. Just a gentle push on the mech corrected the problem. I didn’t even read the thread, I just solved a problem I was having, and decided to report my solution here.

Hope it helps. As you were!

#2800 5 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

I finally got around to adding washers to the magnets on my LE as brilliantly shown by maplesyrup in post #2129 from tungsten78 instructions.
WOW! It makes a huge difference. Exits from Orb lock now grabs the ball and spin it around every time and the deflections in Orb multi ball are now crazy.
Thanks for such a detailed set of instructions and photos - made it really easy for a novice to do!

Awesome. Glad it helped you out!

#2802 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

What size washers?

I don’t think outer width matters much. As long as the inner hole diameter is enough to fit over the magnet core screw. I’m not sure the exact size I used.

#2818 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Not trying to hijack the thread, but if there's anyway to lessen the stength of the magna slings on GB I want to know about it. Mine are more active than anything I've seen in videos. They make the magnets in my GotG Prem look like a joke, and my GotG magnet grabs the ball every time.

I would assume you could do the opposite to the fix listed here. Insert a pair of very thin washers in the bracket that holds the magnet core, thus moving the magnet away from your playfield slightly... but I wouldn’t want to do that. The Chaos IS the point!

Using my pic from the Mag Fix, I’d suggest inserting thin washers on the screws labeled 1 and 2.

F9D8B603-C4CB-43BF-B51A-128FAA5AB3A1 (resized).jpegF9D8B603-C4CB-43BF-B51A-128FAA5AB3A1 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#2853 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can anyone with a Prem/LE, confirm whether the coloured GI has been coded and implemented?
Was told the other week by an owner that the coloured GI still wasn’t coded in the Prem/LEs, just looking for a little confirmation before maybe going for a HUO LE.

Hmmm... I can confirm that the light show on the pre/LE is MINDBLOWING! The colour wash and burst effects across the inserts are stunning during game play.

You would hold off on a purchase for the implementation of coloured GI in the code?! If that’s important to you, then by all means hold off... however, this pin is fantastic RIGHT NOW.

Loads of people will tell you the value proposition doesn’t make sense. “Go for the Pro! You’re getting almost the same game, for way less money!’, they’ll say.

I couldn’t disagree more. The light show alone is worth the upgrade to me. It’s visually transformative.

Plus, the 3 mag action during Orb Multiball is the most chaotic ball action I’ve ever seen. I’ve had balls coming down the playfield reverse direction and make an orbit. It’s WILD. Super fun.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 210.00
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods
Plastics
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vernon Hills, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 28.00
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maplesyrup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=maplesyrup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.