IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider madpole.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1093 6 years ago

Has anybody created custom price and rules cards?
I saw one example early on in the thread. Are there any others out there?

My artistic talents include drawing a straightish line with the use of a ruler, so I could use some help,

#1139 6 years ago

Brand new premium owner here...
Is anybody experiencing occasional weak auto-plunges? It happens during multi-ball and ball saves. Other times the auto-plunge works as it should
Sounds like a software bug, not a physical issue.

2 months later
#1808 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The lighting in this pin in a dark room is fantastic.

You should see it with Pin Stadium lights with UV Glow installed.

1 week later
#1964 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

These are things I've noticed that can be improved/fixed with code updates.
1. The mode clock needs to reset with a new ball after a drain in the same mode. Ghostbusters and Star Trek did this. It is pointless to start a new ball with 2 seconds left in the mode.
2. The mode clock needs to pause during on-screen animations that we can't skip. Orb multi-ball startup is a egregious example of this, but there are others as well.
3. There is a delay after the ball enters the shooter lane before you can launch it with the lockdown bar button. If you press it too early after the ball enters the shooter lane, the screen and sound will change, but you need to hit the button a second time to launch the ball. This is frustrating when you're anxious to shoot the ball off again quickly. Star Trek didn't have this problem with its lockdown bar button.
4. "Shoot Again" clip is sometimes completely mute for some reason.
5. Inconsistent registering of the skill shot on the left ball guide above the pops. Switch is functioning perfectly in manual test, so I know this is code related.
6. The magnet needs to fire a second faster to provide a more consistent "hard catch" of the ball when it leaves the orb shot.
That's all I can think of right now.

Please forward these to Stern.
I can't agree enough with your second point. I've been forced to watch nearly 10 seconds tick off the timer while waiting for the animation to complete leaving no time on the clock for a desperation last shot.

#1970 5 years ago

The only issue I've had was the auto-launcher had a bad case of ED. It didn't have enough power to push the ball more than 3 inches up the shooter lane.

Contacted Stern support and they recommended replacing a node board. I made the request thru Trent and was back up and running in no time.

1 week later
#2051 5 years ago

My left ramp returns to the left inlanes.
Yours must be horribly warped.

#2090 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

Nice! Love that Groot moves his mouth with the speech now!
Anyone know how I can get a complete 1.0 img file instead of the stick update? Mine came with .73 and it was corrupt, so a usb update won’t fix it. I’ve been using the .95 sound mod file instead but don’t want to overwrite that one. So if anyone can provide a 1.0 img file that I can write to a new card that would be awesome

Why not just make a copy of your .95 coded SD card?

1 month later
#2439 5 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

you know what really sucks is when your game shipped last thursday and arrived at your local airport this past friday morning and i still havent gotten a call to set up delivery. is this how it usually works? got the tracking number from distributor yesterday for forward air and it shows game going from chicago to louisville and arriving the 22nd of june. i havent gotten a call or message about it. should i sit tight ? im slowly getting a little perturbed. i want my game. if im wrong and i should calm down let me know. its just bugging the crap out of me thats its been 30 mins from me for 6 days.

Call Forward Air. I've used them 3 times and always had to call to get things moving. They've always said they left a message, but I'm 0 for 3 in seeing any evidence of that.

Once you contact them, they'll set up a delivery date and time.

Hope you get your game soon.

2 weeks later
#2530 5 years ago

I finally made it to the Immolation Initiative.
The final score was a bit disappointing at 1.1B but it was a helluva lotta fun.
Cherry Bomb was only 160M+. I couldn't make shots because they kept getting blocked by rogue balls.
Had a long lasting third ball and finished all eight modes for Immolation Initiative.
Couldn't finish the two multi-balls to start Save Zander, but it gives me something else to shoot for.

This game gets so much better the deeper you get into it.
Software updates have made this game a sheet ton of fun.
Can't wait to see where it finishes up.

#2559 5 years ago

The audio work that cleland did is spectacular.
It makes the game so much more enjoyable.

1 week later
#2635 5 years ago

I've had some older leds where polarity mattered. Most of the bulbs I've used lately will work hooked up either way.

Try reversing the polarity, just for grins.

3 months later
#3002 5 years ago
Quoted from Tungsten78:

Sigh, orb lock strikes back. Since a bit of bending and adding washers my orb lock had been working good - used to get stuck up. Now it’s developed a machine gun issue where it persistently slams up and down for 10+ seconds before deciding to stay down.
Anybody fix this issue?

I just started having the same issue. The plastic ledge that the drop target catches on was not worn down or cracked. I removed it and used it as a template to cut out a spacer to push the ledge further towards the drop target. So far so good. No more machine gunning, but i do get the occasional brick shot off the drop target. I may make a thinner spacer or increase the tension of the return spring. Might take a few iterations to find the sweet spot.

4 weeks later
#3062 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I'm going to change my GotG out to Titan Comp (other games too if I like it) and am trying to decide to go all single color or mixed. I think orange low (flippers, slings, outposts, etc) and purple high (post sleeves, etc) would look good. I don't want to make it look clownish, just add color where it's appropriate.
Any thoughts on GotG from anyone? Single color or spot specific suggestions for replacement rubber?

I went with translucent rings and orange flippers.

1 month later
#3218 5 years ago

Said goodbye to my premium tonight. I know I'm gonna miss this game. The code started out weak but has steadily improved to be a lot of fun. The cleland sound mix took it to a much higher level of enjoyment. Not hearing it on a regular basis is gonna leave a hole.

I'm glad it found a good home where it will be enjoyed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,495 (Firm)
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
$ 22.50
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider madpole.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=madpole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.