10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,856 posts
  • 303 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by kevindrives
  • Topic is favorited by 99 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 564 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

GOTG Silhouette Topper RGB Example (resized).jpg
GOTG Silhouette Topper (resized).jpg
1954FA31-CAEE-49E0-B539-88B21C6CDC47 (resized).jpeg
gotgfull (resized).jpg
gotgfull (resized).jpg
20180909_122257-1 (resized).jpg
20180909_122257 (resized).jpg
20180909_122442 (resized).jpg
3480B41A-519D-4562-945E-7289DAED22DF (resized).jpeg
F9D8B603-C4CB-43BF-B51A-128FAA5AB3A1 (resized).jpeg
Guardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Free Play. Mikonos2.jpg
Guardians Of The Galaxy Custom Pinball Card - Free Play. Mikonos1.jpg
9a546e2ba96ddbe334d1f34fe03cd89600c54311 (resized).jpg
1EC9DE18-D5C4-4C3E-A943-169A04A67CCF (resized).png
03DF631D-4924-479D-8A8E-E51A6FE7074F (resized).png
87BA222F-B851-4479-9DD8-84A044FA97A2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lucysuros.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1083 7 months ago

I'm a pretty new player and have had GOTG for only about a month. I've been trying out:

but I can't get the flippers to tap this tiny amount. Any advice on finessing this?

#1105 7 months ago
Quoted from VegasMike:

The tap pass usually only works on older Bally games i think, due to the way the flipper mechanism is set up. I don’t think its consistently possible on newer games. You’ll have to dead flip or post transfer.

Thanks for letting me know - I'm glad to hear it's not just me!

#1151 7 months ago

Hi Folks, I'm very new to pinball and a new GOTG owner so please forgive me if these are lame questions I'm about to ask.

I can finally make some shots a decent amount of the time, so I'm now trying to figure out the rules of Guardians of the Galaxy. My high score is 75M and since I don't get on the board until I get more than 80M, I'm feeling determined to get a sense for how I can earn some big points. So far, I've just been trying to get as many multiballs as possible - and during Groot MB, hit Groot again for 2x/3x shot multipliers. I've watched a few videos on YouTube of gameplay but they can be hard to follow and know what shots/actions are generating the big scores.

Anyway, I'm looking at the Guardians of the Galaxy rule sheet (http://tiltforums.com/t/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-rulesheet-wip/3338) and, sadly, a lot of it is Greek to me. I've done a bunch of searches online to see if I can find something that's written in more lay language and that annotates the playfield but coming up empty.

Here are some examples if anyone is willing to explain these to me....

"During Groot MB all shots will be lit for two jackpots. Jackpots start at 500,000 and increase by 50,000. The 8th Jackpot will be a Super Jackpot worth 4,000,000." Clearly I need to understand what the jackpots are - but have no idea what "all shots will be lit for two jackpots" means. How do I know what the jackpot shots are? During MB the whole playfield is crazy lit up.

It also says "When all Jackpots have been collected, a roving Super Jackpot will appear on the playfield." Again, how do I know what shot the roving Super Jackpot is?

"Completing the five standup targets scattered throughout the playfield will light the action button for (2?) uses of Hadron Enforcer. When the button is hit, it will spot (1) shot during any given mode."

What is the action button? What does "uses of Hadron Enforcer" mean and what does it mean to "spot 1 shot during any given mode"?

"Shoot the lit shots to complete the mode." Does that mean only flashing ones or solid lit ones too? I notice when some modes start, there are just a few solid lit shots - and others there are many solid lit shots. I assume that as I hit the shots, new shots are lit up until I complete all the shots in that mode?

"Completing Antiquities Shop starts Super Lanes for 10 rollovers." What does "super lanes" mean? And do I even want to start it?

On Knowhere mode: "Shots start at 400,000 and increase by ?, with orbits giving double the value." Does that mean orbits in this mode are worth more than orbits are worth in other modes?

On Pod Chase mode: "Completing Pod Chase lights Super Ramps for 10 shots." What does super ramps mean? And if they are lit, I assume that means I want to hit them?

What does "Upgrading" do? On Yaka Arrow mode it says "Upgrade will allow the left two Hadron standups to spot shots." What does it mean to allow the Hadron standups to spot shots?

What's considered a combo? ramp + orbit and vice versa? What else?

Thanks to any and all who can shed some light on this for a newbie!

1 week later
#1217 7 months ago
Quoted from Snailman:

lucysuros ... Good questions! Since all of them are based on the information posted on Tiltforums, I'd suggest copy/pasting your questions and posting them in that rulesheet thread on Tiltforums. Here's only one answer for you, because school just called, and I have to go pick up a sick kid from the nurse's office.

You're spot on. Essentially, EVERY major shot with a blinking arrow is lit for a jackpot (JP). Specifically -- and as noted in the rulesheet -- each flashing arrow shot is lit for two jackpots. Meaning: the first time you hit it scores a JP, but the shot arrow stays lit, because you can hit it again for a 2nd JP. After hitting a shot's 2nd JP, the arrow quits flashing, indicating that a JP is no longer available at that shot.

COOL, thanks so much for explaining! Hope your kid feeling better. It's been brutal this year.

#1274 7 months ago

The ball seems to be moving differently for me with this code update. Is it my imagination? And if not my imagine, what changes in code is causing it?

#1279 7 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I think you are on to something here. We noticed all the coil strengths (including the flippers and slings) were softened which made the game play different. I thought it was us. We adjusted the sling strength back up. we also noticed that the magnet action is stronger than before.

Makes sense - and good to know it's not just me!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 27.95
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 8,699.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 26.95
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stafford, VA
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 11.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lucysuros.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside