IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider litedpinballmods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

2 weeks later
#265 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So how are you GOTG owners liking your new game? Game looks great as hell to me! I came over to this thread hoping to get away from all the Stern haters so give me some good news please!! Is the game pretty awesome or what?

I played it a lot at Florida Free play. I picked it up yesterday, I love it. When a game is new, it can be hard to judge long term. I have a good selection of games, mostly Bally/Williams and 7 Stern. I have Iron Man and Metallica. I like it a lot more then Iron Man, that game just never grabbed me. Metallica is a great game to play, but I don't care for their music much, so I like GOTG much more then MET.

It is a fast game to me that flows well. LOVE the colors and art work. I am a causal player, so I am fine with the current code, .72. I got Star Wars when it came out and just updated the code on Star Wars, what a difference in that game. I love Guardians and to me it is just going to get better as updated code comes up, but I enjoying playing it now.

Multiball is easy to get. Love playing multiball, but I would be fine if it was harder to get.

I do miss the spinners.

#269 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

You should use pinball browser and change the music on your Metallica. My Met Prem plays all Rush songs

Thanks for the feedback, I will need to look into this.

3 weeks later
#639 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

So this may be a dumb question as I’ve not really even looked around. Would Groot’s arms just be a simple add on to the pro model game? And do you think stern would probably be selling those any time soon

We are working on some groot hands. We are masking ours about an inch shorter then originals, and we are also trying to make the mount adjustable so they can be moved slightly if you feel they block a shot. Some of the plastics are different between the pro and premium. We are also working on being able to mount them without removing the ramps. Working on getting colors matched now. Hope to have them ready in about 2 weeks. Have a yaka arrow we have been working on, very close, hard to get those orange lights in a skinny arrow. Have a few other items, hope to have them all ready in about 2 weeks.

Not only does the premium have different plastics then the pro around groot s hands, but those hands also have cut out in them for the spinners.

2 weeks later
#959 6 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

So who is making 3D printed Groot hands for the pro machines?

Not 3D, but we are making them. We don't like the lines that you often get with 3D prints. We had them sculpted, just finished the mold for the second hand. We are getting the colors right and waiting on a few pieces that we need for the mount system.

Hope to have them ready in a week.

Have 6 or 7 mods that we are finishing up. Here is the Yaka Arrow. Orange lights at all 3 points as the original, near the tip, that section at the end and a light at the end. It is 12" inches long, hooks up to GI lights and can be mounted in many places in the game.

Dan

yaka arrow (resized).jpgyaka arrow (resized).jpg

#979 6 years ago

Star-lord mask. Available soon in both a standard mount mod as in picture, and also one of our spinnable lines. Yes, those eyes light up on both versions. Hooks up to GI. Mounts nicely at this location or on any of the ramps.

guardians starlords 2 (resized).jpgguardians starlords 2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1075 6 years ago

A couple of mod updates. If you have PM'ed us, you are on the list.

Groot hands - We had molds made, but did not like the finger articulation. The posted picture shows different sizes, coloring attempts and progressions. The version we are working on now is the black hand. That is made out of rubber with a wire skeleton. That allows us to put the finger placement how we like it. Once we get the placement we like, we will pour our molds and will be very close. Still working on colors. We have both the right and left hands in the black rubber version.

Yaka Arrow is now in production.

Stat Lord mask, both spinning and no spinning versions are now in production.

Walkman - We have 2 versions of walkmen. One will sit and we lighted the cassette tape area. This is not authentic, because the original walkman did not have a light on it, but we felt this would look the best. The second walkman does not have a light, has a completely different mount, and won't go into details yet. We have colors picked. Hope to have pictures of both walkmen tomorrow or Friday, should have them into production next week. Neither version has a motor.

Star Lord gun blaster - Has 2 green lights at the gun, will have posted in the next few days.

We have a few other mods we are working on. Once we get the groot hands done we will start a thread.

I feel the play field mods we have made in the last few months are much better then the previous mods we have made, and wood chuck deserves most of the credit for those.

groot hands molds (resized).jpggroot hands molds (resized).jpg

#1084 6 years ago

We have the walkmen done, will be ready to ship in 2 weeks. PM us if you are interested.

Standard version, mounts in a few places in the game. Tape area lights up, hooks up to GI. $79.99

Slide in version. Because the thickness of mod, lights look best from playing position, but mod looks good from all angles. $59.99

0127181433_resized (resized).jpg0127181433_resized (resized).jpg

0127181433a_resized (resized).jpg0127181433a_resized (resized).jpg

0127181433b_resized (resized).jpg0127181433b_resized (resized).jpg

0127181433c_resized (resized).jpg0127181433c_resized (resized).jpg

#1115 6 years ago

Just an update on Groot hands.

These are early prototypes.

Still working on coloring.

We had molds a couple of weeks ago, but we did not like them when we put them in the game, the fingers were to close together. We updated the design, and like the design we have now.

These are about an inch shorter then what is in the premium, so they don't block the play field as much. In the original designs we had a clear plexiglass piece that screwed to holes on the hands, we had a few sets of holes so you could move the hands to a couple of different positions. These plexiglass mounts would mount to screws on the play field with no need to move the ramps. The plexiglass pieces in the picture are also an early prototype.

We have changed the mounting design to give you the most flexibility. We are making a plexiglass piece that will mount to existing screws on the play field, and will supply a Velcro strip. The Velcro strip is over an inch long and easily holds the hands in place, but you will have complete control of how you want to mount them so they will no block any shots.

We are having issues getting the colors right. The Groot head is done in brown, with dark brown antiquing, then a random amount of green. We did some pictures with computer matching, just not getting the color right, still working on that. Once we get the color right, we should be good to go.

We have a list of everyone that has contacted us, and we will contact you when they are ready.

Dan

groot hands 2-1 (resized).jpggroot hands 2-1 (resized).jpg

#1116 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Something does not look right.

Thanks for the feedback. The original design if from an original TPS-L2 walkman, which was the walkman from the movie. We contacted some prop makers that make these for props and got the color formula from them, so that is also very close to the original.

On the one that slides over the lights, because it was so close to the glass we did not put a top on it, wish we could have. Some people were complain that that plastic was hitting the glass new out of the box.

That one was our prototype that we painted many times to get the colors right, it made the front panel look a little off.

Dan

2 months later
#1766 5 years ago

We finally got our Groot hands mod done for the pro. If you are on the waiting list, we will contact you. We will have some at Allentown, and they will be available for sale after that. Also should have are lighted magnetic hinges cover ready soon.

0423181601c (resized).jpg0423181601c (resized).jpg

0423181601a (resized).jpg0423181601a (resized).jpg

0309181558_resized (resized).jpg0309181558_resized (resized).jpg

5 months later
#2910 5 years ago

We are now in full production mode of our Guardian of the Galaxy Groot Hands. Now is the perfect time to grab a set if you were waiting for our production line. Staying true to our vision, these are the highest quality of their kind to be found anywhere, bar none.

Get them here, or on our website:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01981-guardians-of-the-galaxy-gotg-pinball-machine-groot-hands-mod

Easy 5 minute installation, check out a video here:

guardians of the galaxy pinball groot hands (resized).jpgguardians of the galaxy pinball groot hands (resized).jpg
2 years later
#4829 3 years ago

We finished our Guardians of the Galaxy hologram topper. It comes with over 30 videos, here are 9. You can customize the topper to put just the videos on it you want. It looks 10 times better in real life then in a video. Because we have to adjust the shutter speed on the camera, the video has a chopping look that you do not see live. It will be listed later today.

#4833 3 years ago
Quoted from dferg24:

Where will this be listed for purchase? Very cool!

Thanks. My person that does the listing did not get it listed on Monday and she is off for a few days. It will be listed Friday here and on our website.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider litedpinballmods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=litedpinballmods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.