IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmountjoy111.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#563 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I was in the market for a NIB game in november and as soon as I saw the apron instructioncard for GOTG I immediately decided not to buy it.
Lonnie + rehashed rules (Aerosmith) made it a sure thing it would be uninspired.
Thinking out of the box regarding some unique game rules wasn't a thing that was going to happen on this title... so I decided to buy GB instead (perfect theme integration, custom speech but the original actor, beautiful artwork).
Ok a very hard layout but I'm an ok player so I can use some challenge.
Games like metallica, game of thrones, walking death, batman, star wars are fun and challenging and have in some way 'something new that wasn't seen before' in the software. And with Kiss, Aerosmith being already there, I feel we didn't need a variation on the those two titles again.
Demon / Toybox / Groot
Starchild / Elevator / Orb
Modes / Modes (crank it up) / Modes (Upgrade)

I understand completely what you are saying but for me and I’m sure others as well that was one of the reasons to like it. While I love both kiss and Aerosmith I don’t love either of them enough to want their pin. So the gotg gave me a better theme with a similar style game. So I guess sterns idea was to take that format to a different group of buyers?

#600 6 years ago

So this may be a dumb question as I’ve not really even looked around. Would Groot’s arms just be a simple add on to the pro model game? And do you think stern would probably be selling those any time soon

#604 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

stern isnt going to sell something unique to their premium model no matter if they just bolt on or not, however im sure one of the modders will come up with something very similar.

I would imagine anyone running a successful business would sell anything at anytime in order to make profit. Stern now sells other modifications to games such as shakers, toppers, blades, etc... The premium and LE armor is already available so..... I’m not sure why they wouldn’t but hey... what do I know

#612 6 years ago

I’ve got v81 pro downloading right now. I needed something to do tonight!!!

#619 6 years ago

I have 81 on my pro now. They put the code online like he said they just didn’t change the date from 12/15

#621 6 years ago

For what’s its worth I actually love the two songs they added. When I heard little Michael after my first game I smiled big lol.

#680 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

does anyone else have sound distortion problems. my volume is really low, but at certain frequencies it gets some static. almost like the speakers can't handle it maybe. Still on .73

That’s in the code somehow I believe. I had the problem too. I disconnected the sub even. After updating to .81 I hooked the sub back up to test and there has been no static at all.

#764 6 years ago

I agree with all of you on that aspect. I am loving the game for sure.

#800 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

scheduled to get my GOTGLE Thursday or Friday this week. Looking on game rankings today and was shocked to see the GOTG Pro ranked in at #211. What the hell? Even if code is not finished should this game score so low? I have not played the game since IAAPA / FPF back in November. What is really going on people? Has stern really dropped the ball that much? Is this game unfairly judged? Can Stern save this game with a massive code update? What is in store for GOTG in 2018?

To be honest it only has 22 ratings and when you have a handful of people giving it a rating between 2-5 it drives the overall rating down a ton. I mean honestly who rates a game a 2 lol. But I mean I guess the game isn’t for everyone. It’s hard. The shots are tight. The scoring is unbalanced. The code isn’t finished (but drastically improves with each update and will probably fix the scoring problem when done). I guess some people just like to hate on things.

#802 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Game is 100% being unfairly bashed.
I’m finding a lot of posters like to say the same thing over and over and over in their bashing on a game they haven’t played, let alone even see in person.

That’s the truth. Or they have taken someone else’s word for it. I called a guy out for repeatedly saying the shots were tight. He came back with quotes from a “SDTM” video or something saying they thought the shots were hard. Lol what a joke. I make the shots and I am awful at pinball. The difference? I have more than 5 games in on the machine. That’s what we are dealing with.

#806 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I don't care what other people rate a game. If I like it, I like it.
There are a lot of top rated games that I think suck. TOTAN, TZ, NGG, CV. All terrible games in my opinion.

You’re so right. It is all personal opinion honestly. I love nascar and hook lol. They definitely aren’t rated top 100.

#838 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I put 10 games on it and was disappointed and commented. You proceeded to belittle and bash me and I let it go but you are still carrying on about it?

Man I wasn’t bashing you. My point is that you put ten games on it and can’t hit the shots and rate it a 5. The shots are hard. In my original post I stated that I suck at pinball and can hit the shots. Not because I’m better than you, because honestly I’d imagine everyone on this thread is better than me at pinball, but because I’ve got more than 10 games on it. It’s unfair to rank a game with 10 games played. If you put in 50 plus and can’t hit the shots then so be it. But at 10 games I think you are unfairly ranking the game. You can look back through my posts on pinside. I don’t bash on people.

#862 6 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

GotG plays very well and looks good, but I want to be playing the GotG experience and not just some movie clips repeating on the screen.

I’m not disagreeing with you but I don’t understand what the “gotg experience” is lol

#865 6 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Please post this in the GOTG code feedback thread. I'm really hoping Lonnie reads it. There's still time to change or adjust the code. It's horrible that society is becoming so politically correct, so I don't think Stern would go for it, but Rocket has quite a foul mouth. He continually uses words like "friggin" and "idiot". Wouldn't it be great to hear Rocket yell "Shoot me you idiot!" when you need to hit his shot?

The current code uses several curse words if I’m not mistaken. I don’t think that would be out of the question.

Quoted from hank527:

It would be having someone guide you. Like custom voice clips telling the player what to do and giving feedback. Just random horrible recreated voice clips is insanely stupid. It ruins the game for me completely.

This is what they should have John C. Reilly’s character do. I didn’t understand what he meant by the experience but I get it now

#906 6 years ago

I’m not right in front of my machine but I can tell you I drain 2 to 1 at the left outlane over the right. More center drains than either though

#920 6 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

So who is making 3D printed Groot hands for the pro machines?

Litedpinballmods mentioned in a thread that they were working on it when I asked about it earlier.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Won’t they be available for sale? It’s not an LE exclusive item.

I kind of thought that made sense but a bunch if others didn’t think they would be. I think they look awesome.

#921 6 years ago

V0.85 downloading now!!!

#926 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Just checked and that bug is still there.

I didn’t try but the read only says you can turn it off in the option now. Does it not turn off?

#928 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Wait... you have to turn off the bug?
lol, that can't be real can it?

Oh never mind. Lol. I read what wrote wrong. I played about 15 games and never had the mode selections bug at ball launch happen.

I thought you meant this:

Quoted from PinB:

added an adjustment to allow Mode Select at Ball Start, default is "Yes".

I read this like you can set it up where you have to hit a shot to start the mode. I could have read it wrong too though lol

1 week later
#1026 6 years ago

So I turned off the alternative movie lines feature in adjustments and it seems like there is a lot less talking altogether. Which I though some people might like to try out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

6,495 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 28.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 19.95
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmountjoy111.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=jmountjoy111 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.