2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,459 posts
  • 443 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Hasi
  • Topic is favorited by 164 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,042 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FB7F3BD1-6036-4CB3-B1F3-4123C6E44473 (resized).png
DSC_0028.JPG
356874C8-AC4A-490D-8F59-1A221BE99C89 (resized).jpeg
2BD6A4D7-13FE-4DF9-A383-D5E27EAE8D8B (resized).jpeg
6ABCA8A7-F88B-4163-B7AF-F34D7B25CF6F (resized).jpeg
FD21B7F0-00BB-4837-A4D3-4CACC063429F (resized).jpeg
94886128_243704856686203_6917285494405464064_n (resized).jpg
95126479_2560871480845159_5528907822433042432_n (resized).jpg
95395643_1593930650758673_4267242642154192896_n (resized).jpg
95249035_1576625739173301_3175352910586314752_n (resized).jpg
94977345_256710442120179_8664486956446515200_n (resized).jpg
95500626_224904445503814_4266875929256525824_n (resized).jpg
8E43E1BC-74B0-4278-94B9-C7F92D3FDF5F (resized).jpeg
soldering_Iron (resized).png
GotG broken flipper wire (resized).jpg
9F4668A8-8B2D-4A13-AFA1-2D2D419488B9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 picture of optional gold side rains. Posted by Blacksun (2 years ago)

Post #2129 magnet fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (2 years ago)

Post #2448 hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jim_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2169 1 year ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Is the final Rocket shot for Kyln live in Groot or Orb multiballs?

Yes it is. Groot Multiball is my goto way to finish Kyln -> bumble into a Rocket shot.

#2212 1 year ago

Question for everyone how their right scoop:

Has anyone adjusted the power on it? How should it bet setup? With the stock setting on my Pro there is nothing safe about the way it ejects, it is coming to fast for me to try and catch and if I dead flip it half the time it will bounce directly into the right sling.

Opinions? Should it be a safe return to a flipper? Or is the chaos the intended design? I can't decide what I'd rather have.

#2214 1 year ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Also, I know the orb opens and closes in the premium and LE but, in your opinion, is it really a game changing factor that is needed?

I own a Pro and have quite a few games on an LE on location, honestly I didn't even notice the orb moving on the LE.

As for the arms: the LE on location that I've played had the arms removed. Some folks claim they get in the way, others say you just need to learn to move your head, YMMV.

1 month later
#2522 1 year ago
Quoted from Thegeekyhusband:

Hey, Bowen tackles Guardians on PAPA TV -

What version of the code is he running here?

Seems like really old (pre-1.0) based on the very small end of ball bonuses.

2 weeks later
#2622 1 year ago

I noticed the other day there is a "special when lit" light on the left out-lane. Does anyone know if this is used anywhere in the rules of the game?

3 weeks later
#2759 1 year ago

I know it's not much... But I got to Immolation Initiative last night for the first time since owning this pin. What a rush! I was so excited that I only scored about 40 million on it, but at least my name is on the machine now.

After I was done with Immolation, I was 1 shot in Kiln away from getting to Save Xandor. You know what shot I'm talking about.

1 month later
#2870 1 year ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I can't speak to what happens after reaching SX...maybe everything resets. I've never gotten that far!

After SX everything resets and you can play all the modes again. That's the only way to play a mode again once it's complete.

2 months later
#3056 1 year ago
Quoted from Belcaw:

It’s in the rules. I’ve gotten it lit a couple times (out of many hundreds of plays). Unfortunately, as soon as you “want” to left drain; it suddenly becomes impossible. So I have yet to hit it when it was lit.

I actually got special LIT the other day via a mystery reward *and* had it drain down the left lane (lucky me?).

What did I get? A fancy animation on the screen that said "special"... I don't know if I actually got any points for it or what it did beyond the on screen animation.

#3076 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

increased it up to 50( max ) and played a bunch of games , did not seem it made any difference in how often the special is lit(never during these games) . not sure it is truly functional at this point with code 1.04 , maybe with the next upgrade? ( and a 2 sec ball save for rocket?????)

I did the same over the weekend, just to see if I could get it to trigger. I've yet to see it trigger at all.

1 week later
#3094 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Positive:

Having an issue I hope you all can help with. My GOTG is set to free-play, but most of the time when I hit Start or the Action button to start a new game, it immediately has a mode selected and I have 2,040 pts. Switch testing seems ok.
Any ideas?

I had a similar issue with mine, turned out one of my slings was set to tight. The act of loading the ball into the shooter lane shoot the machine just right and it would trigger the sling to fire, giving me points and also starting the mode. It took me awhile to figure it out because the noise of the ball loading into the lane was louder and more distracting the the sling firing. If it isn't the sling, maybe you have a different switch activating when the ball enters the lane.

#3122 1 year ago
Quoted from mummite:

Can you update this code 1.06 while still keeping the Cleland custom updates. It was like this the past couple updates.
I want to update, but don't want to loose my Cleland mega mix

On the cleland thread he posted DO NOT UPDATE until he can evaluate, there might be something here that breaks his code.

#3129 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

I know right? You better be enjoying that baby! I would not update to 1.06 until I can get a copy of the stock image to look at.

cleland Is there anything we can do as current owners to help you get that image? I love what you've done to this pin and cannot imagine playing 1.06 w/o your sound package.

#3140 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

I'd be interested in knowing this too. Sinestro is getting me a stock image of the PRO version 1.06. If anyone with an LE/Premium can get me a stock image of that I can run the Pinball Browser macro and make sure all the sound goes into the latest code and post new modified links. You need a program like "ddUtility" on Mac or similar to backup the stock SD card image. Etcher only writes .img files to the SD card, doesn't backup from an SD card.

If I understand this right it sounds like the process is to update a Prem/LE to stock 1.06 then take that card out of the machine and back it up using dd. I only have a pro and can easily do this for you if sinestro can't get it to work for whatever reason.

If someone has a Prem/LE in the Minneapolis area I can offer to do the technical work behind this.

#3142 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I uploaded him a Pro image last night.

Rockstar!

2 months later
#3396 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Check your orb plastic. There are 3 or 4 of those screws that go up from underneath and hold the metal hex spacers in place. We had to fix ours last week end.
Good Luck!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Seconded, these screws are from all the orb plastics. My GoTG Pro came with them not tight and they were rolling all over the playfield before long. When you are in there make sure you tighten them all up.

#3445 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinj135:

Anyone put a shaker on their guardians? Any feedback? Is it generic shakes with the hits or does it actually have some good game interaction?

Yes, I put a shaker in my Pro almost right away. First thing I had to do was set it to minimal. On the other settings the machine never stops moving.

It interacts with the game nicely. The first thing it does is it gives you a little rumble every time you hit a shot that counts toward the mode you're working for, it's good feedback. It does other cool interactions with light features, groot multiball, etc.

I recommend the shaker, I'd install it again.

2 weeks later
#3528 1 year ago
Quoted from jsm172:

I’ve been pretty frustrated with this game since I’m an average player. Between the magnet not catching sometimes and throwing the ball down the left side drain, the constant left side drains, and the constant bricks from me, it will piss you off like non other. I’m going to add slim post rubbers from titan to see if that helps the constant bricks. I also watched the stern pro games and picked up a few pointers on how to handle a ball better

To help with the left side borg drains I've found it helps to *increase* the angle of the table. I ran mine at almost 7.5 for a long time. The game is fast but those side drains are far less. I really like it when it plays like that.

1 month later
#3676 1 year ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

May be a stupid question but has anyone removed the groot arms from their premium/le? I have a fairly good deal available to me to pick up a premium but the groot arms kinda turn me off lol

They are removed from the LE on route at my local spot, game looks and plays fine without them.

3 weeks later
#3757 12 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

anyone know where this is from? somewhere near the back but I can't find where it should go...
[quoted image]

I'd guess the orb assembly somewhere.

1 month later
#3955 10 months ago
Quoted from UnJed:

I managed to somehow get this lit today (I think in Mystery). Lost the game without draining out the left outlane.
does anyone know what happens when you hit special when lit?

You get a fancy animation and by default it is an extra credit. You can change it to extra ball in settings if you like. I did this because in all the time I've owned the game I've only ever seen it lit 3 times.

#3961 10 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

And I thought my previous high of 677m was pretty awesome. Holy crap! What a rush! What's your high?[quoted image]

Any tips on optimizing CB? I can reach CB fairly regularly but 90% of the time I bust out with sub 100m scores. For the life of me I cannot hit the final groot shot.

#3976 10 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Spinner is added to both outside orbit shots. Besides that there is no gameplay difference. Everything else is purely cosmetic and visual.

Also three magnets instead of one. The ball can really do some crazy stuff with the three.

1 week later
#3996 10 months ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Curious, I had all modes lighted only one not totally completed and also Groot multiball. But couldn’t start immolation initiative

You have to have all modes "qualified" for immolation to light up. Qualified means half finished (they will be flashing on the playfield). You also get an animation when you qualify the mode but sometimes it is very delayed because of other stuff going on.

Both standard multiballs qualify as soon as you start them.

Once you do that the scoop will light up and glow sort of a light yellow, that is immolation.

#3998 10 months ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I know and I had that, the only think that could be, is that the timer wasn’t finish when the last ball starts. Will check it next time.
Thanks

Ah yes, you cannot currently be in a mode for it to light. If you qualify your last mode you need to time it out or finish it.

2 months later
#4188 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Hello, I'm thinking about installing a shaker on my GOTG Pro. Does any of you have one on theirs? What are your experiences?

I have one, really enjoy it.

However I did turn it down to minimal, I found the default setting shook the machine too much.

3 weeks later
#4243 7 months ago
Quoted from Sasquatch:

I’ve recently noticed that I’m not getting the blue “Mystery” light at all anymore. Is there a setting to increase the frequency of this? I can’t seem to find much info on this. Thanks!

You earn mystery by spelling "Guardians" by hitting the left side standup target. Every time you hit it it will show you on the screen what letter you just earned.

This is also how you increase the after ball bonus multiplier (1x per time you spell it out completely).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jim_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside