IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3294 5 years ago

Did anyone in the club swap out a Metallica for your GOTG? I really like Metallica, but after finally hitting EOTL, it has lost a little luster (and that doesn't usually happen to me when reaching wizard modes). I guess it finally feels just a tiny bit wood-choppy, and I am realizing I am more of a mode guy. GOTG has always been on my radar, but I couldn't justify having two pins with nearly the exact same layout in my small collection. I watched the latest Dead Flip GOTG stream the other night and I'm kind of amazed how well the rules have evolved since last time I really paid attention to them. That all together has me thinking about making the change. While I'd love to have both, that just isn't feasible for the budget and collection size. Anyone make that change, and if so, are you happy with the decision? Or alternately, anyone with both care to compare? Thanks!

3 months later
#3717 4 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

So I am still a little confused on the ruleset. Last night I got 888 million. I had completed 6 of the 8 events. Groot Multiball twice, Orb Multiball, and Cherry bomb multiball. But I still never went into Save Xandar.
It was my understanding if you shoot the scoop after completing 3 events or both multiballs you start Save Xandar, and if you start all events regardless of completing them you can shoot the scoop to start immolation.
Can someone correct me if I am wrong here.
Thank you

No, Save Xandar is the final wizard mode, and requires completing all other modes, including scoring a super on Groot and Orb.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3720 4 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

Ahh ok. So all events plus both multiballs have to be complete for Save Zandar.
Now for the Cherry Multiball, what are the rules for that. I got it for the first time last night? Also, what is the immolation initiative?
Thanks

I do not own the game, so just going by memory of streams and reading rulesheets, but I'm pretty sure Cherry Bomb is after completing four modes, and Immolation Initiative is for starting (but not necessarily completing) all modes. Not sure if Groot and Orb starts are counted in that or not. And I think if you manage to complete them all on the first try (qualifying SX before playing II), you still have to play II before jumping right to SX. Pretty sure I saw Deadflip do that on one of his streams.

4 months later
#4189 4 years ago

I was finally able to pick up a pro about a month ago. I knew I liked the game, but wasn't sure how it would stack up to some of my other favorite games. I figured it would be a solid game, but probably not sneak into my all time favorites. I was wrong. I swear the more I play it, the better it gets. Most games I fall in love with stay about the same, or lose a bit of luster after awhile. I don't think I have ever had one that I have fallen even more in love with after getting it home.

Sure, both the playfield and rules are strongly derivative of other machines, but they have been tweaked and polished beautifully and work together very, very well. It really is the best of Borg and the best of Lonnie combined to make a machine that is all its own. Add an amazing art package, great video assets, and an amazing theme, and this game is awesome. The audio package was decidedly "ok", but modding in the Cleland package puts it completely over the top. Just epic work there, and really ties it all together with a nice big bow.

It took a little tweaking to get my magnet to really throw the ball around to my liking, but that is all I had to do (and even that wasn't terrible out of the box). Definitely the least tweaking I have ever had to do to a machine, so far at least.

Had a fun game last night where the magnet tossed the ball right into Rocket, who blasted it off my right flipper, out of control, and out the outlane. I couldn't even be mad because it was so awesome. I love the chaos a well integrated magnet can bring...so much fun. Reminds me of some of the crazy stuff I've seen Magneto do on my X-Men.

It's still a bit early...and I might still be honeymooning...but this could actually be my favorite game of all time. Even though I bought it, I wasn't quite expecting to ever say that. It's that good.

1 year later
#5165 3 years ago

A lot can depend on who made the shaker. Pinball Life's are the best, and Stern's are very similar. Cointakers are hot garbage in my opinion, standard or especially red tremor. The standards spin at a higher RPM, giving them a weird buzzy feel. The Red Tremors definitely live up to their name...absolutely no reason for a shaker to shake the way these things do. It's like having a big block V8 strapped to the bottom of your cabinet. Kind of fun as a novelty for one game, but absolutely obnoxious after that....and I love shakers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 28.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 39.00
$ 25.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 210.00
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Corning, NY
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=jediturtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.