IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2213 5 years ago

Hey GOTG owners, got a quick question. I"m SERIOUSLY thinking about buying a GOTG pro version. I really like the premium version because I think the Groot arms really are done well. Looks like he's hugging the game like he did when he was protecting the rest of his team at the end of the movie. Kinda reminds me of the big Godzilla hands and face in the Sega pinball game.

Anyway, sorry to ramble. I'm thinking about getting the pro (just to save money) and possibly buying the aftermarket smaller hands and putting them in the pin. Did anybody else do this to their pro pin and, if you did, can you take a picture of the whole playfield and post it?

Also, I know the orb opens and closes in the premium and LE but, in your opinion, is it really a game changing factor that is needed?

Definitely will get the Stern side art, so any pics would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

#2216 5 years ago

Okay, thanks fellas! Heavily leaning on a pro version.

#2280 5 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

Hey seriously I have no way of mounting the groot arms on my pro. Are the plastics different? Does anyone know what parts I would need to order to get it to work? I don't really see any place on the left or right side to mount them. On the left side I am guessing I have a mounting bracket for the plastic that is on there, on the right side I see no way of mounting it. I feel like a jerk expecting someone to remove theirs just to see how they mount but I'd really appreciate some help.

I don't have the pin (maybe one day), but I was looking at some mods in case I do get one soon.

On the groot hands, I looked up a Youtube video of the company that makes the replacement hands. I remember the hands coming with separate plastic pieces that would screw on, or replace, the plastics on each side of the pin. Once secured, the smaller groot hand mods would just velcro on top of the new plastics if memory calls me right.

Type in GOTG mods on Youtube and you should find the video I'm talking about. Good luck and I hope this helps.

2 years later
#4943 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So what I did to my LE is
Quiet power supply fan
Added Milan ships
Playfield protector
Shooterlane protector
Clear silicone rubber
Added DIY leds to groot scoop guardian target ramps
Changed our speakers, added external subwoofer
Added extra lightning on the slingshots
Apron cards
Outhole lightning apron
External volume control
Topper on flipper bats
Orb protector
Rocket plastic protector
Silicon sleeves in blue and red
Speaker lightning
Cleland mod but currently running Applejuice version
Hope I didn’t forget something.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweeet! People complain about the groot arms, but I love them. Looks like he’s reaching out and trying to pull you into the game. For some reason I keep getting the itch to get this game.

5 months later
#5501 2 years ago
Quoted from Master_of_Trolls:

Were your Wizmods magnetic or a peel and stick (and, do they muffle the sound from the speakers)?

No peel to them. You just apply them directly to the speaker panel and the magnet grabs a hold. They come rolled up in a cardboard tube, so you may have to straighten them out a bit. The only manual thing you have to do is to remove the Stern identification plate before hand and then screw it back in afterwards. Also, the art covering the speaker panels have holes in them so the sound can travel thru.

Cool product. I bought a set for my Mando pin and hoping to get it this week. I went ahead and ordered (4) more sets for some of my other pins because I was impressed with the quality. The only bad thing is the shipping is free, but it can take a while to get there. It's a hit and miss. Been waiting for my last order over a month and a half now. It was shipped to Australia for some reason and I live in Indiana, so go figure.

Hope this helps.

1 year later
#7391 1 year ago
Quoted from SteelTigers:

Some of my goodies arrived. Doing a 5.25" speaker upgrade with leds. I went with the KFC-1366S drivers (like on some of the LE's) Metal orb with purple crystal led. Wall art blades and a few other toys...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damnit Man get off Pinside and install those mods!! Oh, and can you take pics of your pin once you get them installed pretty please!

#7402 1 year ago
Quoted from SteelTigers:

You motivated me to do the first mod. LOL! I decided to do the speaker light kit first. De-soldered the generic 4" drivers, disassembled the factory brackets and installed the new 5.25" conversion kit. I always liked the look of some of the LE speaker systems. The KFC-1366S is still an entry level driver, but it should be an improvement.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

LOL Thanks for posting the pics. I'm a mod guy and I LOVE looking at what other pinheads do to their pins and gamerooms.

I got my GOTG pin after a trade for my TWD pin. I know GOTG has a fan layout similar to MET (which I own as well), but I love that fan layout and to me GOTG still feels different over MET. I installed the mods that you bought and I really like the smaller Groot hands on the pin. I don't know, I just like the way it looks like Groot is reaching out for you.

Also, if you can, try to install the Cleland sound package. The voice overs are good, but the addition of the music tracks really puts it over the top. In fact, I have my GOTG in my music row with IMDN, MET and Aerosmith (I miss Kiss, another fan layout similar to GOTG and MET), but shooting the balls into Groot is a lot more fun than shooting them into Gene's mouth (although I love the toy mold of Gene and the overall art package). You never get tired of hitting the balls into Groot's mouth, with him yelling I AM GROOT before shooting the balls back on the playfield which causes the magnet to mess with the direction of the balls. Excellent stuff!

Congrats on the purchase. Can't wait to see your finished "Promium" pin brutha.

6 months later
#8060 9 months ago

Hey fellas, wonder if you could help me.

I recall awhile back some modder made a Sony Walkman mod that fitted onto the scoop shot. However, I checked everywhere and can’t seem to find it.

I picked up a pro version of GOTG several months ago and I’ve been modding it like crazy and I would love to add that mod to my pin. I thought Mezel made it, but they didn’t recall making it.

Does anybody have the Sony Walkman mod in their pin and, if you do, can you possibly post a pic or tell me where I could possibly find one?

Thanks in advance!

#8063 9 months ago

Thanks fellas. You're the best.

3 months later
#8195 6 months ago

If this helps at all, I was looking for one a while back and noticed Zach from FlipNOut pinball mad a GOTG topper that he was selling on his web site in the vault. I checked on it and he was asking $2500 bucks for it. I think it must have sold recently, but I can't advise how much he got for it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 22.50
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=indypin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.