IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harried.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3794 4 years ago

Subscribing as I am on the verge of buying a Guardians. Super stoked about the upcoming purchase and anxious to see how it looks next to my 'The Munsters'

1 week later
#3827 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

24 hours from now I will be *finally* picking up a GOTG Premium.....stoked!!

And we of course are looking forward to the pictures of the unboxing of your new machine....

#3848 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Never did like any of the Instruction/Free Play Cards I found out here for GOTG, so killed a little free time this morning. All are 300 dpi, sized 140mm by 75mm, and even made a special cleland one....enjoy!!!
NOTE: My printer printed them a touch large, so you may have to do a 1-2mm of trimming depending on your printer.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow, great work. I love when someone puts in the effort and then shares it with the community. Thanks!

1 week later
#3899 4 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

Father's day gifts finally installed. Baby Groot and Hexagonal pin blades. I'm amazed a 5 month old baby has such good taste in pinball mods![quoted image][quoted image]

That baby groot looks so sweet. Nice gift from father's day.

#3900 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Got my Pro delivered tonight! Has Ronin's hammer and Cassette tape mods, art blades, flipper button and Groot's mouth and speaker grill LEDs, shaker motor and upgraded woofer.
Awesome thing happened coming out of the orb. Ball spun around as it should and released straight up into Groot's mouth! I had never seen that happen before.
Looks like I need a Baby Groot. That looks really cool.
Great game that I'm proud to add to the collection.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful man, just beautiful!

1 month later
#4095 4 years ago
Quoted from ezukax:

Really a delight to
watch guardiansof the galaxy pinball working ....

Thanks for your spam message. You have been reported.

#4115 4 years ago

Picked up mine after a long wait of 2 months and I am super stoked. Will post some pics en the next couple of days.

#4120 4 years ago

Got one question. When the orb spits out the ball and the magnet energizes I notice that the right slingshot also is energized. Does anyone recognize this?

I tried the coil test and there this behaviour isn't noticed. Is it something that is software driven?

I use version 1.06 with the Cleland sound mod.

#4121 4 years ago
8FB52F20-00F3-4ABD-A8C5-795B43D96EC5 (resized).jpeg8FB52F20-00F3-4ABD-A8C5-795B43D96EC5 (resized).jpeg
#4130 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Have never seen this happen, if you bang on the playfield in game does the sling fire? My guess is one of the sling switches is gapped too tight and the drop target releasing causes it to fire.

Okay thanks. It's good to know that this behaviour isn't normal so I can search some more.

#4134 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Have never seen this happen, if you bang on the playfield in game does the sling fire? My guess is one of the sling switches is gapped too tight and the drop target releasing causes it to fire.

Sling indeed is firing at random. But this issue occurs when the magnet energizes. It can be related of course but in my opinion it's not that obvious. Will remove the rubber tonight and check again.

#4135 4 years ago

Well, too tight sling switch was indeed the problem. Would never have thought that a magnet could cause this... As it turns out the ORB droptarget also resets and I guess that was triggering the slingshot.

#4138 4 years ago

Well, my personal high

90EB0523-396B-4FA7-AB26-749903A2D81E (resized).jpeg90EB0523-396B-4FA7-AB26-749903A2D81E (resized).jpeg
#4145 4 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Got all the “glowing” protectors installed!
I think they look amazing, would recommend to any one.
To any one who also did at least the Rocket protector - this piece seems to hit the shooter underneath it, forcing it to sit a bit uneven and ride a little high on the right side. Any one else experience this?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you order these? Here in Europe they seem to be impossible to find for a decent price.

#4149 4 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

I bought mine from The States and cost quite a bit, but there is a guy in the UK that will make any protector, you have to supply the original plastics if he hasn’t made them previously and he with then ship them back with the protectors.
https://www.colspinballmods.com/
Definitely worth dropping him a mail for a quote. Has a good reputation on the uk forum.

Thanks, I will contact him.

#4151 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Isn't that just Convolux in europe? Led4pin has these in the netherlands and Freddy in Germany.

Convolux is only in 1 color per set. I want 4 different colors for mine. (And yeah, I can hear the haters barfing up a colored rainbow and unicorn right now).

#4154 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Freddys convolux did have the exact same size then the plastics. The ulek ones are a little bit larger. In my opinion the wow effect is better with them.

You're from Germany, where can i find those Ulek's?

#4161 4 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

http://mezelmods.com/ Ordered a couple times from them. Prices very reasonable

Yeah, but I guess you don't have to worry about shipping and customs because you live in the US judging your account info. Once ordered some stuff for a customer, ended up paying double due to shipping and customs.

1 week later
#4181 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

It’s actually a cosplay helmet I’ve converted to a topper. I purchased it on Etsy from Kirin Props. I can get you a height later when I’m at home.
Thanks glad you like it!

Came across it last weekend in a toystore where they sold it for 35 euro's. Left it because my cieling is to low for it to add it as a topper. Now I regret it.

#4183 4 years ago

I replaced the stock cabinet speaker with a JBL Stage 810 4Ohm subwoofer for that extra oooompf. What a difference!

Using it for 3 months now, was reluctant on announcing it here as I was uncertain about the stress it would add to the amplifier on the Spike2 board. Using it on both my The Munsters as my Guardians of the Galaxy and so far it holds up great (250 plays on TM and 200 on GOTG) so I can securely assume this is a mod you can safely execute.
jbl810 (resized).jpgjbl810 (resized).jpg

#4186 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I have one. It is a good fit for the game. Intensifies the game play.

Yeah, me too. Got the pinballife one. Easy to install, I didn't need to make any adjustment in the settings (although you can disable it) and it works great. A really good addition to the game.
Paid 135 euro's for it. Another supplier delivers the same shaker for 40 euro's more.

1 week later
#4219 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

This only stops when the machine gets switched on and off. [quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, all other issues magically disappear when one switches the machine "on and OFF".

#4221 4 years ago

If everything in life was that simple

It is, if you put the machine first on and then off it will display no issues whatsoever.

#4223 4 years ago

Of course it should've been "off & back on".

Aaaah, now it makes sense.

1 week later
#4242 4 years ago
Quoted from Colywobbles:

A few weeks ago I found a small Flourecent plastic sitting on the PF so investigated and found this pictured below.
Bear in mind these protectors were not made by me but came already fitted to my GOTG LE when I bought it.
The orb protector had broke in 2 places due to how narrow the protector had been made but it could have been worse and been the original one which is just as narrow. The protector fitted was exact whereas I always make mine slightly larger by around 1-1.5 mm
BTW I did enquire and GOTG doesn’t do a common break set that I know of so you would have to get a full set if you wanted like new
So I went about redesigning this and a few of the important ones beefing them up a little just in case. Also while I was on I put a much needed window for the ORB that is so much better as it let’s you see the target and the light below is not diffused onto the orb when it splits or in the case of the pro lights up.
It took a few prototypes till I was more than happy with the outcome. I have since done a few sets for the community over in the U.K. Some have opted for clear while others have gone for colour coordinating rocket with Red and the right ramp in blue. Each to their own but for me it’s all about the eye popping candy of the fluorescent green.
This also spurred me on to replacing the slings and Outlanes as the flashback marks from the laser could be seen and I wanted to oversize those 1mm too.
Final pic is obligatory of my little pin wizard doing final testing.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Got mine too from Colin and I love them. Great guy, very quick response on the mail, willing to help you out and do custom work.
Thanks Colin!

1 week later
#4246 4 years ago

Had a great game last weekend, still haven’t reached xandar mode but hey, my son has a new goal in life
C55BCF66-CD13-4729-A8A0-54A3B0036E26 (resized).jpegC55BCF66-CD13-4729-A8A0-54A3B0036E26 (resized).jpeg

D2E10E83-5702-4A64-B8F8-33D43E0B0879 (resized).jpegD2E10E83-5702-4A64-B8F8-33D43E0B0879 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#4253 4 years ago
Quoted from jtimmo:

Owner Introduction: I just purchased a Guardians of the Galaxy Pro New in box. It is still in the box. I found a great you tube video to show me how to set it up.
My question: What accessories and special care should I start thinking about before I assemble and start using the machine. My goals are two fold:
1. I don't want to cause excessive wear and tear due to anything I could avoid by doing something BEFORE I start using the machine.
2. I want find accessories, modifications, etc. that I can do to make the machine more interesting and nice looking. (examples: the baby groot shooter knob, and I think I have heard about some music modifications that might be available)
I am a novice pinball owner but have loved pinball for MANY years. Although budget matters somewhat, I certainly can afford to do whatever I want to take care of the machine properly.

First, congratulations on your purchase. I myself this is one of the best pins even made and this one gets the most play I have ever experienced in my house.

Just unbox, set it up and enjoy your new machine. Don't forget to remove the protective foams on the playfield (if any).

In my opinion some mandatory mods:
1. Cleland sound mod (search this thread)
2. Silicone rubber bands. I got purple flipper rubbers and transparant playfield rubbers. This might be a challenge to replace though if this is your first time around.
3. Convolux protectors
4. A decent subwoofer, I replaced the cabinet speaker with a JBL Studio 810. 50 euro's and it gives just that extra oompf and doesn't cause any extra stress to your audio amp.

Optional mods:
1. Some color leds in various places to your own likings
2. Illuminated flipper buttons
3. Side blades (got a pair in mine and they look so cool)
4. Lighting mods in groot, above the ramps behind the backboard, beneath the large target on the left and one in the scoop.
5. Illiminated trough.

So, lot of ground to cover, but first, enjoy your wonderful machine.

#4255 4 years ago
Quoted from mima:

As many homeowners worry much about the fast dumpling of the playfield, I would say that that's the fore most important mod to do is a full size PETG playfield protector. Prior to any credit played. If that (dimples) is a concern.

Dimples will always occur but I wouldn't worry too much about that. Personally I find there are more downsides to a protector than there are upsides. The most important two downsides:

1. It influences the flow, no matter how much you tweak and tune, flow is always impacted. Balls get stuck in several places.
2. Application is difficult, to do it correctly many adjustments need to be done.

#4258 4 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

As others have said, The Cleland sound mod. I would also recommend a Shaker. Also I have seen many suggest getting a better quality ball than the ones that Stern provides. Great Game. Have fun.

Shaker, indeed, another mandatory update imo. How could I forget about that.

#4262 4 years ago
Quoted from zbroad84:

I just picked a GOTG pro up. Been loving playing it. I just put in a custom translite. What do you guys think?[quoted image]

Naah, don't like it.

1 month later
#4283 4 years ago

Darn, that's one hell of a game. In 3 balls.....

1 week later
#4299 4 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

You might want to leave it unplugged as that bastard will shoot it into a drain half the time

? Never happens with mine.

You may need to bend the switch arm to get a better result.

3 weeks later
#4328 4 years ago

Added some trough lighting. I tied it to the 12 volts connector of the cabinet board (cn11 which is meant for the coin dispenser or bill validator).

8D6B91CC-A2C6-41E6-B736-AC63E8FD679C (resized).jpeg8D6B91CC-A2C6-41E6-B736-AC63E8FD679C (resized).jpeg645F266A-AB6D-457E-979D-CDBF419811C9 (resized).jpeg645F266A-AB6D-457E-979D-CDBF419811C9 (resized).jpegD2006B49-3DB4-48CA-AFE4-4371B0E6C99D (resized).jpegD2006B49-3DB4-48CA-AFE4-4371B0E6C99D (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#4382 4 years ago

Got an issue with my guardians last week which I want to share with you. Maybe someone can use this info in the future.

When shooting the ball in the scoop (upgrade / mode select / mystery / extra ball) the lit function(s) rarely gets activated but the ball will get kicked out. I'd had to shoot the scoop for like 4+ times to get to another mode. And sometimes it would just register immediately.
But the ball always got kicked out, no ball searches occured.

So I ruled out the switch at first because the ball gets kicked out every time. Replaced the SD card with the original one thinking maybe there's a corruption on the card but that did not seem to be the issue. Checked all the settings in the menu but there was no improvement there.

Got into the switch test and found that the switch was registering but it was intermittend. Meaning: when the ball enters the scoop the switch would register like 4 to 5 times on and off fast and would stay activated after that.
Checked the switch and found that one of the screws was missing and it was tilted into an awkward position and causing the described issue. The screw was found lying inside the cabinet so that was quickly fixed.

#4383 4 years ago

Sorry for the bad focussing of the picture.

6B45C65E-A695-4207-939E-CA2AB674C7EF (resized).jpeg6B45C65E-A695-4207-939E-CA2AB674C7EF (resized).jpeg
9 months later
#4975 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Thanks for the advise
Choice between TMNT and gotg was a tough one.
I only have gotg LE like 6-8 weeks so perhaps still in honeymoon phase. But because of theme, music and video I decided in the end for gotg.
Was a close call as I do believe TMNT has more shots and could be a better player pin but to afraid I couldn’t get over the theme. The sounds and music (I played it like 2 hours) just didn’t do it with me. Shots is another topic and this I like TMNT a lot and made me hesitate for such a long time. Not that I dislike it but have also no sentimental memories of the turtles. So perfect would have been a TMNT layout with gotg theme.
Thanks again for the advise and who knows what the future will bring. For now the gotg will stay which I am sure you will agree with, it’s the gotg thread after all....[quoted image][quoted image]

I own them both but the major drawback for TMNT [FOR ME!!!] is that I cannot ever get a decent game played on the turtles. From the 5 balls I got 1 good one, sometimes 2 good ones but turtles is a drainer. GOTG is just such a georgious machine, good flow and shots, many multiballs, many modes, superb animations, humor.

Turtles is up for sale after 2 months. GOTG is in my posession for more than 2 years now and I still play it every time.

#4976 3 years ago
DD2C7B4D-3C2A-42FD-AC60-A343302D1139 (resized).jpegDD2C7B4D-3C2A-42FD-AC60-A343302D1139 (resized).jpeg
#4979 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I am a little puzzled by the multiballs.
What’s exactly the add a ball strategy? I know mystery during multiball is an add a ball but I also get sometimes an add a ball without a ball present in the scoop. I have the feeling that there is an extr add a ball to be earned during MB. Especially with Orb multiball. Anyone an idea of my feeing is right?

Add a ball normally only applied during multiball. What I think is nice is that whenever you drain you second to last ball during MB and you shoot the mystery you not only get a ball added (if this is the "mystery"), you also get your last drained ball back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
6,495 (Firm)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harried.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=harried and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.