IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#347 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

That's got to be a fluke. This pin has tight shots and short ball times. <5 min on average I'm sure.

42.5 minutes of cradling? Gotta break in those EOS switches.

2 weeks later
#657 6 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

looks like one of the screws from the coin mechs

Definitely. Not a "worry screw".

#715 6 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Question for you guys. My GOTGLE looks great except for one thing. The playfield has a slight wood grain texture to it. I saw this on my first SMVE playfield, but the replacement I got due to ghosting doesn't have it. My other stern games don't have it. It's over the entire playfield, but you only see it on part of it at a time. Depending on the light. It's bugging me because I can see it while I'm playing. It makes the art look a little blurry in the area around Thanos (the middle).
So here's my question(s). Do I make a fuss over this? Or am I being a whiner if I do? Is this common? Will this effect the life of the playfield art? Over time, the ball dimples may obscure the texture. Maybe adding some lighting will help it not to show.

I'd make a stink for sure. $9Kish with a nice faux-planked look? No way. Someone here had a new ACDC Pro with the same thing. Unsure how they resolved it though.

3 months later
#1519 6 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Now that is an update! Thanks Stern! Now to get a Cleland code update with this

Holy crap that's an update.

3 months later
#2630 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Well I traded out my AS for GOTG a couple of months ago. Had AS for a year and enjoyed it, but had a good offer on mine and a good deal lined up on a Low play GOTG from a friend. GOTG just feels better to me. Rules are similar.
I dig GOTG. It is my IronMetalliSmith, but I don’t think I would do a GOTG if you have AS. IMDN SW and Met are all available NIB, so I would look at those.
Also I love the band ACDC and really like AS and owned and sold both of their pins. I knew one song by IMDN and was never a big MET fan but picked up both of those pins this year and love them. The music seems fresh to me on those two. IMDN and MET music is really growing on me. So I think there is hope for you with them. A little hope that is.

I had MET for 3 years and now I can't listen to Metallica at all.

I was never a huge Iron Maiden fan, but now I like the music a lot. We'll see what happens after 3 years.

7 months later
#3476 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

There is no F bomb in GOTG pinball...either with the stock audio or Cleland's.

Yeah he might say "They got my d*ck message!" or something.

9 months later
#4277 4 years ago
Quoted from ElkGrovePinball:

Wondering if anyone has experienced this? Mid-game after a drain (not ball 3) with mediocre score, the game starts going through the Enter Initials process. Turns out all of the High Scores have been reset to 100M or less, except for the Grand Champion?? This would include Cherry Bomb, Immolation, and Save Zandar MB's. Really weird.

Was it as Cherry Bomb Multiball ended? I'm just wondering if you have "Reset after 2000 plays" set (default), and the game allows you to enter initials after a Cherry Bomb MB high score, then continue the game.

Has it happened more than once?

1 week later
#4285 4 years ago
Quoted from DenverFletcher:

I am a total noob, first time pin buyer, receiving delivery of GOTG Pro this Friday AM. This thread is amazing, but it is very long. If anyone could and would be so kind as to summarize the key things I need to know about this game, and about being a first time owner in general, I would be extremely grateful. Some of you guys are so knowledgeable it's intimidating! I hope this post doesn't seem lazy.... in my excitement I've spent a couple of hours reading on this website, but it seems dizzying at times. Like I need to be a coder and an electrical engineer all at once to be a truly worthy owner! Maybe someone on here already has a pre-written "first time noob" thing they could paste in here, I don't know. I'm already considering the Cleland sound mod thing (I think I can figure that out), but I do wonder if it includes the operating system code or just adds to it. Also considering a subwoofer. Besides that, I think I'll just play the game, assuming the most recent version of code that it will come with is the way to go. I thought about getting Jurassic Park Premium, but it's higher pricepoint and higher level of complexity caused me to believe that GOTG would be a good title to start with, then maybe after a year or so I could get a more complex game like JPP. Thanks much to anyone who feels like investing a little time in a rookie. I'm a 48 year old father of two active kids who travels a lot for business, so I just don't have the time I'd like to have to read this entire 86 page thread!

Is it New In Box (NIB) or used?

If it doesn't have it, get plastic protectors for the Orb shot. That's #1 priority. Drop target can knock the ball straight up and break the plastic above.

#4289 4 years ago
Quoted from DenverFletcher:

Thanks guys! It is NIB... being delivered and set up by Game Exchange of Denver. But I will still do the inspection things you noted with the delivery person. I haven't heard the advice for the orb shot protection. I know nothing whatsoever of plastic protectors... can you give any more guidance? Are they of a specific size or shape for this exact area for this game, or more of a general part/thing you can get to protect anything you need to?

This is a known spot on GOTG for a broken plastic. There are many out there to install to prevent the plastic above the orb from breaking.

This is a simple one. https://www.pinballlife.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-clear-orb-plastic-protector.html

There are many others. Mezelmods has MANY protectors, so you could put them on all plastics and add color as well.

https://mezelmods.com/search?q=guardians

#4297 4 years ago

Anyone know how to mount this topper?

1B9D6DD6-E525-4AD8-A1FF-09D5AD798107 (resized).jpeg1B9D6DD6-E525-4AD8-A1FF-09D5AD798107 (resized).jpegBD669D44-9BE4-47B1-BE21-AB5588275331 (resized).jpegBD669D44-9BE4-47B1-BE21-AB5588275331 (resized).jpegF026712F-173C-4023-A13A-D1E4F307680E (resized).jpegF026712F-173C-4023-A13A-D1E4F307680E (resized).jpeg
#4302 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

I love the "rocket" shot. That's what originally captured my interest in the game. It doesn't drain for me either.

It's a great shot. Like War Machine in Iron Man but NOT down the middle.

#4306 4 years ago
Quoted from Harmonic-Homes:

Hi guys, my first post on the forum. I picked up 9 NIB machines to get my collection going. Loving the new hobby of course. I recently received my GoTG LE NIB and have played about 20 games. It feels slow and off compared to my other machines. After troubleshooting and reading the forum I believe the 3 magnets are affecting the ball slightly at all times when the ball passes over top of them.
Has anyone heard of this happening? I have read plenty of stories of the magnets not working when the ball drops from the orb but I haven't seen this one yet from other users. Should I try and put some small washers on the brackets to lower them? I tried running the diagnose tools and I do hear a small click when I activate the left, right, and center magnet but I do not see anything happening. I am assuming the magnets are supposed to move up when the ball drops from the orb. Sorry if this is a super noob question, doing my best to learn from the experience of others!
See attached for a pic. Also attached a pic of my collection before I get my latest 3 machines (Wonka LE, Munsters, Elvira), they are arriving tomorrow![quoted image][quoted image]

Magnets are only active for a small portion of gameplay. They don't move at all. They effect the ball travel, but throw it in various directions when they cross it. See what happens after the the orb lock shot, certain Multiballs, etc.

Is the machine level? The playfield pitch should be 6.5-7.0. You measure the playfield with glass off, not on.

Guardians is a fast pin.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 49.99
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, IL
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.