IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flippersaurus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#370 6 years ago
Quoted from Mister_Furious:

- added additional Rocket Speech.

Hopefully something like:

Rocket: "Groot! stop eating those pinballs! That's disgusting!"

Groot: " I am Groot?!"

Rocket: " Yes you were! Why you lying?"

Groot spits up balls for mulitball start.

#473 6 years ago

Anyone know if the Hadron Enforcer rewards are stackable? Or can you just have one at a time?

1 week later
#668 6 years ago

Officially joinef the club with LE#192

A40C9E89-4F88-4CCF-88F1-1245493B215E (resized).jpegA40C9E89-4F88-4CCF-88F1-1245493B215E (resized).jpeg

#695 6 years ago

I don't get any alerts or sounds when I open the coin door with the game on. I can play a whole game with the coin door open. Is this a new Spike feature? lol, guess I should email Stern about it.

#697 6 years ago

So flipper coils aren't a big deal then? huh, well at least it ain't broke. Thanks!

#713 6 years ago

Question for you guys. My GOTGLE looks great except for one thing. The playfield has a slight wood grain texture to it. I saw this on my first SMVE playfield, but the replacement I got due to ghosting doesn't have it. My other stern games don't have it. It's over the entire playfield, but you only see it on part of it at a time. Depending on the light. It's bugging me because I can see it while I'm playing. It makes the art look a little blurry in the area around Thanos (the middle).

So here's my question(s). Do I make a fuss over this? Or am I being a whiner if I do? Is this common? Will this effect the life of the playfield art? Over time, the ball dimples may obscure the texture. Maybe adding some lighting will help it not to show.

#718 6 years ago

I just double checked, and the ribbing/wood grain texture is in the top coat as well. I can feel it when I run my finger nail across. Maybe another coat of clear would even it out.

Dimpling doesn't bother me. I think it's pretty normal. It may even help this ribbing situation as time goes on.

#722 6 years ago

It's slight. But yes, I can feel it. I don't like the way it looks, having lines running through the art work.

#726 6 years ago

Here's a pic to try and show what I'm talking about. It's kinda hard to capture with my phone. But you can see that when the light hits it the right way it's very noticeable. When I'm playing, there's about a 6" X 6" area where I can see the ribbed texture over the art. This texture is over the entire playfield. Even in the pic, the parts that look ok, actually have it. It's just that the lighting is not showing it. If you zoom in, you can see there's a little depth to it.

IMG_1328 (resized).JPGIMG_1328 (resized).JPG

#733 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

If the fine vertical lines are also evident over the plastic INSERTS... it's simply sanding lines left over from the drum sander they use to level the entire PF after the inserts are glued in.

It is not over the inserts. Those are smooth. It seems that the wood wasn't sanded smooth enough before the art was applied. It's not enough to effect the ball at all. It just looks bad. It obscures the art when viewing at some angles. Most notably, when I'm playing.

#766 6 years ago

LE owner here. Just thought I'd give a quick opinion of the game on code 0.81. The songs are awesome, would love to have more. Having them in the regular play (not in a mode) works well. Especially since there are four, so it keeps it from getting too old too fast. More would be even better! I'm a big fan of the movie and the voice overs are fine, good even. They are not dead ringers for the original actors, but it only took a few games to get used to it. I also love the long clips from the movie. You get feedback from the game through the lights and sound effects, not so much from call outs at this point. Since the dialog from the movie is playing, more voice feedback might be tricky to implement. I also like how they did multiple takes on the dialog so when your playing a mode, and the movie scene is playing out, you hear different versions of the dialog. This keeps it fresh. The code has a ways to go, but it's shaping up nicely. It's a hard pin, some shots are difficult to see on the LE. But it doesn't bother me. That's all for now. Hope to have new code soon!

#778 6 years ago

It’s make your own pizza at my house tonight. Maybe Yondu will show up for the Boboli.

556DBFE3-B9B7-4926-86D4-D6FD72FFE561 (resized).jpeg556DBFE3-B9B7-4926-86D4-D6FD72FFE561 (resized).jpeg

#809 6 years ago

The ball has gotten stuck here about 10 times so far. Anyone else see this? Maybe the LE protector will help when they come out.

DC47B4D0-55D3-46CA-8175-C9810B614D36 (resized).jpegDC47B4D0-55D3-46CA-8175-C9810B614D36 (resized).jpeg

#854 6 years ago

Fyi. Just reporting some issues. Hopefully Stern reads this.

I've had the screen go black a few times now. It seems like it's just the mode clips that go black. It will still play other clips like skill shot and ball save. Not sure what the exact circumstances that cause this are.

I've had Groot not open a few times. Once it fixed itself. Another time I got an operator error message about it. The mouth wouldn't work in test either. I raised the playfield and found the the ball eject plunger was stuck in the activated position (up). I was able to pull it back down, but felt some resistance. This was somehow preventing the mouth from opening.

Anyone else see these?

#875 6 years ago

Really liking Groot multiball. The mechanic of Groot holding balls for you and giving a multiplier is pretty cool. Was this concept on any other game? It's always great to park a ball in a lock or scoop for a moment, but this takes it to the next level.

1 week later
#1044 6 years ago

Anyone else using the plunge/auto-fire around the orbit to hit the scoop? On mine, if I leave the flippers down after it clears the gates, the ball just goes right into the scoop almost every time. The game doesn't always allow it. But, it works in a few circumstances. If I have a ball in the shooter lane with a mode running and I want to switch modes. I let the timer run out, hold the left flipper while I hit the button or plunge, drop the flipper before the ball gets there, and it goes right into the scoop. During a mode (most of them), if I want to collect upgrade. Lock a ball in Groot, hold the left flipper right away. Into the scoop.

I'm still figuring out when it lets you do this and when it doesn't. But for those of us that miss shots at the scoop, it can really help. You may sacrifice a skill shot opportunity, but it can be worth it.

#1048 6 years ago

I have seen, or maybe just heard, the wrong mode playing. Also Sanctuary I is weird, it seems broken. I've had it lit solid but still not qualified for Immolation Initiative. I've also seen at least one level 2 mode with nothing to shot for, no lit shots. It's early code, etc....

#1068 6 years ago

Re-post from code thread.

At the end of a ball it counts how many shots to each character you made. Maybe if you get a complete set you could get a bonus. Like spotting one letter of RAMPAGE or something. Maybe the second time it grants a Hadron Enforcer. Or, adds time to one of the timed playfied multipliers for the next ball. Something could be granted with each completion. Or, maybe space it out to every other or something. My Yondu target doesn't get many hits. It's a cool shot, maybe this could help.

As far as the Groot all day concern goes. It seems to me that as long as you can stack it with a mode, people will always want to bring a mode into Groot multiball. That's fine, alot of mode based games are like this. But maybe, if they didn't stack, you could make the single ball modes more fun to play. Perhaps progress/completion in each mode pumps up the value of mulitball jackpots.

#1102 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Premium and LE owners. Do you find Groots hands bother you while playing your game? I am seriously considering removing Groots hands as they block the shots and inserts. I am interested in others thoughts on this.

My official stance is leave them in. They shouldn't really bother me. But the reality is, I think it's making the right ramp harder to hit for me. It's all in my head I'm sure. It really shouldn't matter, I should just adjust my aim. Adapt and overcome. I just haven't quite got there yet. I'm thinking of changing the posts to a bright color so that the ramp entrance stands out more through Groot's fingers. The left one doesn't bother me. It's harder to see the left orbit, but it doesn't seem to effect my play. I also look for a glow off the spinner to see if that shot is lit. Maybe a small, well placed mirror would help some.

1 week later
#1197 6 years ago

Would you tell me the height of that topper please? It looks cool, not sure it will fit in my basement.

#1235 6 years ago

Looks pretty darn cool. Can’t wait to give it a spin.

#1246 6 years ago

Played new code a bit. Really good update. Everything is moving in the right direction. It's really starting to come together. If this was the code at launch, it would have made a bigger buzz. Looking forward to putting a bunch more games on mine.

Still needs more regarding the Magna-Force insert and magnets in general. They are one of the reasons I bought the LE.

#1256 6 years ago

Repost from code thread.

I would like the option to stay in a level 2 mode if you hit the scoop. Or even have them stack with another mode somehow. I trying to figure out where the level 2 modes come into my strategy. Yakka Arrow with the targets, or the one with the super pops, seem best to have going with a multiball. There's not much incentive to play them alone. It seems better to just move to the next mode to advance toward wizard modes. Pod chase 2 on the other hand, with its super ramps, can be lucrative to play alone. Especially if you have multipliers lit. I'm wondering what the intended strategies for these level 2 modes are? Stacking them with mulitball is obviously something you could do. But getting the timing right might not be worth the effort. I'm I missing something? Maybe make it like Star Trek where you can select a level 2 after you've finished it's level 1.

#1275 6 years ago
Quoted from Lucysuros:

The ball seems to be moving differently for me with this code update. Is it my imagination? And if not my imagine, what changes in code is causing it?

Could be changes in the coil strengths. I went in a increased the ball launch power to get it back to where it was before the update. They may have changed other coils as well. Rocket kickback seems a little softer.

1 week later
#1304 6 years ago

Happened to me too a few days ago.

996901C5-99D0-4D15-896C-01BF2F55A927 (resized).jpeg996901C5-99D0-4D15-896C-01BF2F55A927 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1343 6 years ago

How is the feed coming down from the right orbit for you guys? Mine usually hits the top of the slingshot and it either bounces to the left flipper, or, it tries to go down the middle. I loose a lot of balls just from this. Does yours safely feed the right flipper every time? Mine is a fight to save the ball each time.

Btw, I haven't noticed any flipper strength issues before or after the last code patch. Mine seems good on that.

1 week later
#1443 6 years ago

The new code sounds cool. Really looking forward to it. This game has potential. Mine kicks my butt.

One note on the voice actors. I had a group of non-pinheads over for a pinball night. A couple of them said how much they love the movie. A few days later I asked if they noticed that it wasn’t the original actors voices. They both said no and were surprised.

1 week later
#1542 6 years ago

Got a chance to play a few games on the new code. The fun factor on this pin just went way up! Need more time with it to give detailed feedback. But ya, this more like it.

#1592 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Anyone know Exactly what you need to qualify for cherry MB?

Ive had up to five modes(Inc MB’s) completed, but still no indicator as where to start it?

Maybe completing groot and orb dont count?

Thanks for any info

You need 4 completed modes. Groot and Orb do not count. Start CBMB by hitting the scoop.

#1593 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

but here it's really more of a outer loop mode because that's what you really have to hit to get to the pops unless you're lucky enough to sneak one through between groot and the back of the org.

You can also get to the pops via locking a ball in Groot. Auto-plunge will shoot the next ball into the pops.

#1606 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Anyone have insight into the new Level 2s vs starting a new mode at the scoop?

Still trying to figure that out too. Some are worth more than others. If you start groot near, or at, the end of a lvl 1 mode. Then you can have the lvl 2 running during groot. Or orb. Might be a way to pick up some gravy points during multiball. But it might be better to use the multiball modes earlier in the lvl 1 modes to help complete them. Thereby getting to Cherry Bomb quicker, where there are some good points to be had. So far, the lvl 2 modes don't seem worth playing on their own. Better to start a new mode. It would be cool if there was a jackpot at the end of each one to reward finishing it. They are cool modes though. I love "unlocking" more of the movie when a lvl 2 starts.

I haven't gotten on of those big orb jackpots people have posted about. I might have to take the glass off and learn that mode better. I'm sure getting the right multipliers going is key.

There's definitely more thought and strategy now with this update.

I've seen a bug with Quills Quest. Sometimes it ends when only one ball drains and there's time left on the clock.

I'd really like to see progress indicators on the multiball modes. I've only completed them a few times.

This games has gotten addictive for me, hooray!

#1639 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I don't know if this is a bug or by design but it definitely ends every time you drain one ball after the ball save timer for the mode expires.

I'm pretty sure I've seen it continue with one ball play even after the ball save timer expires. But sometimes it doesn't. So I'm not sure which way is the intended way. Maybe it has something to do with hitting upgrade or not?

1 week later
#1678 6 years ago

I’ve got mine set for 3 balls with 4 extras along the way at set scores. So it’s not factory. But, just got to Save Xandar. Was really fun to hear the dance off scene playing while trying to keep the mode going. Only about 1B overall score. But was cool to play all the wizard modes.

1 week later
#1730 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The ball is hitting the sling and activating it when coming out of the pops. One game at TPF did this, and it's very annoying.

Mine was hitting the top of the sling and it would bounce sdtm or just go wild. Was annoying. I bent the rail slightly. Now it feeds to the center of the right flipper most of the time. Depending on the speed. It’s much better and it’s what I believe they intended.

#1737 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Any advice on bending the rail?

I used a pliers. I doesn’t take much.

#1757 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Success! Bent the loop guide just slightly, and the ball drops perfectly now! Very, very happy!
Celebrated by having my best game yet by far, with reaching Cherry Bomb for the first time to top it off!

Glad it worked out. CBMB is sweet! A great and much needed addition to this game.

1 month later
#2089 5 years ago

FWIW. All my magnets and the drop target are working well. The three magnets on the LE can produce some cool effects. Especially during orb multiball. Really digging the game now. I think there are a few bugs to work out. But it's hard to tell while I'm playing. I may miss stuff, or the animations may be suppressed. I just want them to make sure the scoring and rules are working as intended. Sometimes it seems that when you hit multiple things in a short period of time, that your maybe not getting full credit. I'll try and detail anything I see with this new code. Again, really love the way it's shaping up.

On the last update they seemed to add some voice work when you drain. Ronan giving you a hard time for losing the ball. I mostly noticed it when not in a mode. I think volume on those call outs should be louder in the mix. They are a nice touch, everyone loves when a game taunts you.

One last thing. People really enjoy this game. The music (even the stock tracks) add to the enjoyment. I had a bunch of non-pinball people over and there was lots of singing and dancing along with this pin. Even watching the PAPA video when they were playing this a few weeks ago, you could tell peeps were having a good time and digging the toons.

1 week later
#2232 5 years ago

The spinners on the Premium/LE are cool too. The Pro doesn't have them.

#2278 5 years ago

In Roberts video there was a roving "X" multiplier shot. I wonder if that happens when you get them all lit and what it does?

1 month later
#2555 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi gotg owners,
Can you tell me if the code is great now?
Thanks

I was an early buyer and was a little worried in the beginning. I've never sold a game. Haven't reached a space limit yet. But, I thought about it in the beginning with this one. But now, I can say it's a keeper for sure. I suggest playing one first. Because, some people don't like the way the display and call outs are used. I like it, but I can see how it might not be what some are looking for. Other than that, I don't see how people can complain much.

4 months later
#3072 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Playfield was swapped because of a clearcoat issue.

What was the issue with the clearcoat? If you don't mind me asking. Thanks

2 months later
#3360 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Hey Guys, I am asking this for a friend.
He is thinking about buying a Premium. For whatever reason he wants to know, if stern has fixed the rocket plastic at the left ramp. Where balls can get stuck underneath.

I haven’t had this happen since I installed a plastic protector there. I think I got it from PBL.

2 months later
#3661 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Went to play my GOTGLE and got ORB Multiball
The ORB didn’t open- went to test and motor doesn’t work-

Some people had problems with the orb lock. Including me. Talk with Stern. They offered to send me a reworked assembly if I sent mine in. After talking with them, I was able to fix mine by bending the release actuator to make it closer to the coil. So I didn’t need to send mine in. There’s also a test in the menus for the orb.

11 months later
#4416 3 years ago

The safety glasses are a good idea though. Wiring can be springy and fling hot solder around accidentally.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,495 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 28.00
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.95
$ 25.00
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flippersaurus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=flippersaurus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.