IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3350 5 years ago

Just arrived. Courtesy of ZMeny at Flip N Out.

FDC7978F-80E7-4AC4-BBCF-1F47965C95AA (resized).jpegFDC7978F-80E7-4AC4-BBCF-1F47965C95AA (resized).jpeg
#3352 5 years ago

Unboxing!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3354 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Welcome to the club!

Thanks! First order of business, find a baby groot figure for the playfield.

#3357 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

But the most important mod is audio mix

I am running cleland. This needs a sub though for sure. Shaker I think too.

Had to fix both flippers. They were slow to reset. Had zero gap from factory. Set both to 7mm now and all good.

#3358 5 years ago

Just have to move my POTC and AFMR next to it!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3361 5 years ago

Ok so sometimes it's launching a second ball right after the first one launches. Have to dig into what is causing this.

#3363 5 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

It’s supposed to do that on quills quest

Ah then that would be it LOL.

Next issue - the drop target that locks an orb ball does not release the ball. It tries but it wont drop down. I have to take the glass off and hit the drop target with my finger to release the ball.

#3364 5 years ago

Found the problem on my orb drop down. It's coil number 10, the drop down target release coil. When I do it manually via test, it sometimes just "clicks" and doesn't fire the release mechanism. If I keep hitting it in the manual coil test, it will work about every 6th time or so. I'll probably have to contact Zach about this one.

#3366 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

People posted a fix in this forum. I think they added a washer or some bent metal arm. Check previous posts- fyi

I’ll look again. I only saw posts about broken solder joints. But maybe I missed it!

#3368 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

People posted a fix in this forum. I think they added a washer or some bent metal arm. Check previous posts- fyi

Found it. Thanks! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/42#post-4411734

Will test tomorrow.

#3369 5 years ago

Shaker and Sub for sure. I also recommend the Stern headphone/volume control plate as well.
Mine also had a sticky flipper with zero gap (which is the exact opposite of POTC that had 1/2” of gap, GEEZ)

Ordered the psw10 from amazon. I’ll look up shakers next.

#3372 5 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

There are multiple things that may fix this issue as it’s the same problem that Star Trek has with it drop target lock. I think I have the most comprehensive information in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-drop-target-problem#post-4813358

Thank you! Greatly appreciate it.

I’ve installed multiple $100 shakers from pblife and cointaker without issue.
On my GOTG I spent the extra $50 on the “official” Stern shaker. What a load of horseshit. It isn’t worth the extra money IMO. It’s missing the screw that spans across above the motor which makes it less rigid and more likely to rattle. I had to do some modifications to it to stop the rattling. Stick with the cheaper ones.

I’m glad you mentioned this.

#3375 5 years ago

The two washers under the orb drop target mech/flap did the trick!

#3377 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The two washers under the orb drop target mech/flap did the trick!

Spoke too soon, still not working. Tried bending as well but that seemed to make it worse. Zach at flip n out has me covered though and already has a replacement part on the way from Stern! Thanks Zach, awesome service.

#3379 5 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Replacement doesn't always fix it as it is kind of a design problem. You really need to work through all the different fixes. That said I hope you just get the magic mech that works out of the box.

There is a redesigned version of the plate. Will see how it goes!

#3392 5 years ago

Is there any way to make the audio clips and call outs louder, without turning up all volume? I’m using cleland on mine and the dialogue clips are significantly quieter than the music and machine noises.

#3394 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Did you try this suggestion from the man cleland himself: Balanced out many of the call outs sounds. I still recommend going into the game settings and setting Speech attenuation to somewhere between -15 to -25.

I missed that! Thank you very much.

#3395 5 years ago

This is the first pin I've added a subwoofer to and boy did it need it! This game is awesome with the sub. My AFMr and JJPPOTC both have a lot of bass from their speakers already so I'd never felt the need. But between cleland and subwoofer, the sound is fantastic. Ended up with speech attenuation at -23.

#3407 5 years ago

I got my replacement part from stern for my orb drop target issue and it fixed the problem. All is working well now! Huge thanks to Zach at Flip N Out for contacting stern on my behalf and stern for getting me a part 2 days later!

#3414 5 years ago

Ok I have a new strange behavior and haven't been able to find a way to adjust it. My orb drop target now has the opposite problem - it won't stay up lol. It's sporadic though. But when it happens it keeps firing over and over until the drop target finally stays up. Looking at it while I have it out of the machine it seems to work ok when I use my fingers to push the target up. The spring behind it pushes the tabs to catch on the mechanism and keep the target up. But if I do manual driver tests it fails to stay up every other time. I feel like I'm missing something I could adjust here.

#3417 5 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Forgive my ignorance, but when you are adding a sub, does this install within the cabinet, or just sit on the floor externally?
If internal, how and where do you mount it?

It just sits on the floor under the pin. Easy install.

#3418 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I think if you read through the link that waxx provided most of the common orb traget issues and fixes are in there. Off the top of my head I would see if the trigger plate nub is protruding too far out keeping the target from catching on the retaining ledge,,if this is good putting a credit card shim or similar behind the retaining ledge might be needed

Yep I need to shim behind the retaining ledge, but unfortunately the screws used for that retaining piece are super short so I need to find slightly longer screws and then I can shim it. Thanks for the tip!
CE4DF3CA-3A5E-4421-BDC7-DBF3470B502F (resized).jpegCE4DF3CA-3A5E-4421-BDC7-DBF3470B502F (resized).jpeg

#3421 5 years ago

That’s a cool Easter egg!

#3423 5 years ago
Quoted from stevebighead:

Love this machine and am going to pick one up. Who has the best price and takes credit card?

I can’t say anything about price but Zach at Flip N Out takes credit card.

#3435 5 years ago

We like the extras on the premium. The RGB light show is well worth it. We like the groot arms too. They don’t get in the way of seeing shots on ours, not sure if that varies or something. The extra magnets make orb multiball pretty crazy, and the spinners are nice. I played a pro extensively on location, but bought a premium. Definitely glad I did.

#3444 5 years ago

Is it just me or is this game a bit on the "moody" side. Of all my games, this game seems to have on and off days where you can't make any high scores, and other days where it lets me have crazy games.

#3448 5 years ago
Quoted from crussell:

Hey guys, just joined the club got a NIB set up, running into a few issues going to see if they are easy fixes.
Orb drop target, it drops, shoot again hit the release orb, it pops back up and traps the ball, then it tries to drop to release, you can hear it fire, but it doesn’t drop. I’ve adjusted similar issues on older machines but this looks a little different under the play field.
Shooter rod, seems too low for the play field, it’s hitting the bottom of the ball and the ball jumps off the table and hits where the level hangs over. Play field is snug when you try to lay it back down.
And already fixed, guide rail was bent too far into orbit and was catching the ball between the rail and the wall. All good now though
Thanks I’m advance and super excited to play this thing
Chad

In my case I needed a new part for the orb. But there are multiple possible fixes shown here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-drop-target-problem#post-4625433

#3452 5 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'm pretty new to this game (pro model). What's normal behavior for the magnet under the playfield. On my machine, whenever the orb releases the ball the magnet sort of "bumps" the ball and redirects it straight down the middle. Most of the time. The magnet wont catch the ball, or randomly throw the ball. Just a slight bump every time. Is that normal?

No. You might need to add a washer under the magnet to put the magnet closer to the playfield.

#3454 5 years ago

Full catch and sort of wiggles in place for a moment.

#3462 5 years ago
Quoted from MrPoppins:

New here, this will be my first pin. I put in an order two months ago and the dealer said they are waiting for shipment but Munsters is taking up most of Sterns assembly line. Anyone else waiting too?

Pro? Premium?

#3471 5 years ago
Quoted from Oldtimer20:

I need help from the forum. I'm the proud owner of a GOTG machine (the 3rd owner of this specific machine) and the machine is working fine. The problem is with the video dialogue. The movie was rated PG-13, but the Sanctuary mode uses the "f---" word. The problem is this machine is in my home and I have small grand children who place this regularly. Therefore, I need a video dialogue that is rated PG or PG-13 and therefore does not contain the F-word. There is a "Damn" in Yaka Arrow, but I can live with that. All the voices and music sound just like the movie, but I now the PG-13 movie would not contain the F-word. Can someone please point me to or provide me with a PG-13 (or PG) version of the video dialogue? It would be great if everything else stayed the same...but I really need to change the wording in Sanctuary. Your help is greatly appreciated!!!

PG13 is allowed to contain one use of the F word. So you're not looking for PG13 either then. You're looking for PG or G. That said, I haven't heard any F word in the game even using cleland code. The movie does have a censored F word, but also uses quite a few other swears.

1 week later
#3533 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thinking about adding a Pro to my collection. Have not followed the game much since it was released and everyone complained about code being so bad poor movie integration and just a few songs...Has there been recent code updates?...Seems the game is popular now. Thx for any insight.

The code is pretty good now. Do the cleland sound mod and the pin is great. If you can swing it I’d get a premium. The light show is 100x better.

#3539 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You're significantly under-reporting the differences
RGB lighting (which makes a significant difference in the light show)
two more magnets
the moving orb mech
powder coated metal arch instead of plastic on the Pro
multi-color GI lighting (not RGB, just a smattering of static extra colors that change the GI mood lighting)
2 spinners
I don't think the Groot arms are really that great, but that's an extra, too.

That would depend on what you value. I value the experience of play, and the Pro GotG is lacking compared to the Premium.

Premium has the MUCH needed service rails too. I absolutely had to add them on my Pro. Those pegs suck. I do love my Pro. It plays fantastically. However it is my very first Stern Pro. I've only bought premiums before. Lately I've been thinking of selling this Pro and buying a premium. I normally do go for all the extra bells and whistles.

This and this. X100

#3542 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I can't see the premium providing $1500 more value to me. The Groot hands drive me crazy. Spinners would be nice, but meh... Different strokes for different folks.[quoted image]

So you don’t like light shows, service rails, metal arch, etc either?

#3546 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Not for $1500. For $1500 extra, I'd rather have bought a Dialed In. I never really understood the service rail hangup... I rarely use them when working on a machine when it does have them. I'd rather have the PF tilted against the backbox. Metal arch? How often do you really notice the arch? Like I said, different strokes for different folks. A used GOTG pro is one of the best value machines out there right now...and people are finally starting to realize it.

Dialed in is a lot more than $1500 extra over a pro GOTG. It’s like double that.

#3549 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I'm not buying NIB. Someone else can take the depreciation hit for me.

Used DILE is still well over $1500 more than a used GotG pro. $7800 vs $5500. Even a standard DI is like $7000 used. $6500 for used GotG premium.

#3552 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Who said I was looking at DILE? There was a standard DI for sale near me for $6500 recently. So just stop. You like your premium, and that's great. Some of us don't see the value in the price difference. It's almost as if not everyone likes the same things as you do...shocking, I know. Or do you just like to argue with everyone? BTW, I paid $4400 for a used 12 month old GOTG Pro after nearly buying NIB. Like I said, someone else can take the $1300 bath on the game.

I’m only correcting statements you’re making. The average person cannot spend only $1500 more to get a DI over a GotG pro. This was your assertion and it’s incorrect except in maybe a rare case. Even you yourself just said $4400 for a used GotG pro and $6500 for a used DI standard. O.o

#3554 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

You can find DI for $6500 to $7k with some patience if you look places other than Pinside. Doesn't change that fact that I do not find value in a Premium GOTG whatsoever...used or new. But you can go ahead and keep trying to convince me that my personal preference is wrong if you want. I have all day.

Not trying to convince you your personal preference or dislike was wrong. Sorry, I think we both just got too down into the weeds over what we can call a misunderstanding. I apologize for my part. You're right, if someone doesn't want the updated features of the premium, that's their preference, and I cannot fault someone for that.

#3557 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Thanks, my apologies as well...I hope you get great enjoyment out of yours. We both agree its a great game

Ironically I'm in the market for a DI myself. Another great game.

#3561 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

GOTG is the most solid Pro Stern has ever made. There are only 2......count them.....2 changes that effect the ball.
#1. Three magnets instead of one. This has no change on the "release and catch" effect of the orb lock, but does make the Orb multi-ball more chaotic.
#2. Spinners......if you even count that as affecting the ball.
That's it folks! Everything else is cosmetic. There is no other Pro with so few compromises on the play of the game.
You know I think your cool, Vireland.....but your argument here isn't holding any water.

You can't completely discount anything that doesn't "affect the ball" though. I don't disagree that the pro is amazing bang for the buck. But to simply discount everything else because it doesn't affect the ball?

1 month later
#3662 4 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Some people had problems with the orb lock. Including me. Talk with Stern. They offered to send me a reworked assembly if I sent mine in. After talking with them, I was able to fix mine by bending the release actuator to make it closer to the coil. So I didn’t need to send mine in. There’s also a test in the menus for the orb.

He’s not referring to the physical ball lock. But the orb toy that opens and closes on premium/LE

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.50
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,495 (Firm)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=f3honda4me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.