IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider exsquid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5438 2 years ago

Not new here but don't post much at all. Wife just surprised me with a pre order for a NIB PRO edition last night! Glad to join the club! CANNOT WAIT!

#5442 2 years ago

Now that I got one “ on the way” where to put this bad boy ?!

10B3D640-E34E-4185-8C2C-C952E5417E5C (resized).jpeg10B3D640-E34E-4185-8C2C-C952E5417E5C (resized).jpeg
#5444 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Time to move that picture over to the left!

Hah! That fake fireplace is getting kicked to the curb anyway so the poster will be moved .

#5446 2 years ago

Now that a new production run is happening what do you guys think the chances are for another code update?

#5448 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

My guess is that these are 'loosely' related. If 500 new machines exit the shipping dock, that puts a top-line $3Million line item on their FY2021 general ledger. It might be the catalyst to generate a new firmware version *IF* there is a list of issues that has been compiled since 1.06 and which are considered 'core fixes', rather than cosmetics.
Obviously, anyone's guess, but if I were a betting man, (to me) the last firmware release date of Dec-12-2018 seems like a long time ago and perfect for a list of bugs and other enhancements to be compiled, so the compiled list might well be staring someone in software engineering in the face right now!

Yeah I've played a lot on location and It would be cool if they added some more music and other enhancements to it. Either way looking forward to owning this one! That's my line of thinking also, its been quite a while since the last firmware update and I can only imagine the list of bugs if there are any.

#5456 2 years ago

Anyone have any experience removing a backbox from the sterns? I " might" have to do this when my GOTG gets here to be able to get it down my stairs.

#5459 2 years ago

One of your doors is too narrow? I had to do this to move a TOTAN into a study a couple of years ago. I suspect modern Stern is much easier to get this done due to the much simpler cabling. For TOTAN, I was able to remove one side of the side hinges and mounting bolts and then TURN the head 60-70 degrees. I had to manage the cabling a bit to assure it wasn't being stressed, but not everything had to be unconnected. For Stern machines, there are still cables to manage, best to hear from someone that has done this on a modern Stern.

Yeah 29 1/2 wide. and a tight hallway so hard to maneuver in.

#5469 2 years ago

Does it help to take the door of the hinges?

Not really the door hinges are in a good spot and arent really an issue . Its mostly the tight hallway which the doorway is across from. No wiggle room. So everything is a pain in the ass getting down there.

#5470 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

A very happy customer here with awesome new mods for STh and GOTG! Wizmod customer service was super responsive to a few questions I had. Item shipped within 5 business days. As with some other folks here, item was with US customs in Miami airport for about 2 weeks (no fault of Wizmod!). Honestly, it was worth the wait! These Wizpanels exceeded my expectations and really give the game new life (never realized how big and bare those speaker panels were before and a great place to add art). Thanks, WizardMod I'll be back for more in the future)!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WOW!!!!! sold! already lining up what i " need " and want when my machine gets here. Obviously the plastic protectors , but THIS looks sick!!!

#5474 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It's really not even close, when I hear a GOTG with the stock audio (usually on location or on a Twitch video) I do a double take. If one of the Cleland ones isn't completely your cup of tea you can also try the applejuice mix.

I sent cleland a PM and hoping to get a link to the file so I can have it ready for the game when it gets here.

#5492 2 years ago

It might. The installed door usually narrows the 'usable' opening size. That said, if the opening is 28-inches, nothing you can do but swing the head. What is the actual size of the door opening itself? 28-inches? 30 or 32 inches?

Mines 29 1/2

#5500 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:Quick… someone peek in the windows at the factory to see if these bad boys are in production!!!

RIGHT?!?! cant wait!

#5506 2 years ago

Quick… someone peek in the windows at the factory to see if these bad boys are in production!!!

It is JULY that they are supposed to start up again correct? We are nearing the end of the month lets go!

#5534 2 years ago

Shaker motor worth ordering for this one? Trying to get everything I need beforehand. I can see it in Jurassic park but not sure about GOTG. Any opinions ?

#5538 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yes!! Very well integrated

Good to hear. Now I just have to find one! seems everyone's sold out.

#5542 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Pinball life should have shakers too

I need the “ spike 2 system “ one correct ?

#5544 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Pinball Life and Marco look to be out of stock right now. The spike 2 version is the one you want. Stern model number 502-5027-01

So that one from little shop of games is good to go then from the looks of it .

#5551 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Pinball life was out of stock. So I ordered the stern spike II shaker from Cointaker.

Got one from little shop of games last night

#5584 2 years ago

Being my first NIB , I’ve never waxed any of the two games I’ve owned. How often do you guys do this or not? And is it commonplace to wax a NIB ASAP? Would just like to hear some opinions.

#5591 2 years ago

We should be getting word from our distributors any day now I would think! I can’t friggin wait !

#5592 2 years ago

I don't wax much. Clean with novus 1 whenever I start to see lines. Maybe every 6 months or so a wax but I don't tear down the machine to do it. Just what I can reach. Novus 1 is my primary cleaner.

Just bought a bottle of that. I’ll keep an eye out for anything but in the meantime it sound like having a plan like you should work. Every 3-6 months give it a good once over .

#5599 2 years ago

Anyone hear from the distributor yet if pros are being shipped yet?

Not a peep

#5606 2 years ago

Getting it next week!! Distributor just dropped the bomb on me !

#5609 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

Nice! Congrats! I hope this bodes well for the rest of us who are waiting on batch and means they are indeed in production this week!

Thanks man! Crossing my fingers for the rest of you guys.

#5611 2 years ago

Congrats! Man I hope this goes for all of us who preordered a pro. I waited 8 months for Elvira so 2 to 3 weeks isn’t the worst thing. Last of my parts arrive on Monday from Pinball Life. Looking forward to see how clear translucent rubbers look on it. Still need to open mezel mods topper. Still sitting in the box waiting for me to open.

Thanks !! Shaker motor kit came in the mail today too!

#5613 2 years ago

I bought so much for Guardians. Way too much lol.

I would like to get more also but I’m afraid I’d F up something installing them .

#5615 2 years ago

Say “ protectors” for instance . Some looks like you have to move quite a few things to put them on. Sorry if I’m wrong about that but very intimidating for me. I recently bought a new speaker kit for my BOP and that was fairly easy to do. But taken parts of the play field off makes me nervous.

This is me btw when people talk about mods .

AA97EEA1-3E26-44C2-99B5-AD75CE6AA81A (resized).jpegAA97EEA1-3E26-44C2-99B5-AD75CE6AA81A (resized).jpeg
#5618 2 years ago

One important thing to do is if your unsure take pictures as you go. Putting in plastic protectors, especially for Guardians won’t be that difficult.

I’ll keep that in mind. The rocket one doesn’t look too hard. I’m worried about the right lane one everyone seems to talk about and the scoop protector .

#5619 2 years ago

Guardians was one of the easiest pins I've had to work on. Nicely designed. I do recommend some white lithium grease on the slides for groots mouth. It will make that whole mech smoother. I sold mine to get the aiq I have on order. At least I get to play it on league nights still

Do you miss it ? I have my bride of pinbot I’m probably going to unload very soon. Put that towards a JP. I’ve had it for 13 years now. Feel like it’s time but I would also miss it.

#5621 2 years ago

The opportunity to pick up the premium aiq came up and guardians was the only pin the family was willing to part with. I loved the game but my wife and son were not as big fans. I do miss it but as I said I get to play it on league night still. Funny putting money in my old machine.
The protection I recommend are the rocket plastic, orb protector to get rid of the metal bar, and the scoop protector. I never saw the ball hit the right lane plastic but hit the rocket plastic all the time.

Wife and I visited a pinball place that just opened up by us on Long Island weeks ago and absolutely fell in love with this machine over all the others that where there. Once you get the multi balls going it’s insane ! The game can feel exhausting and crazy. Can’t wait to get it home and be able to “ hear” what’s going on. Couldn’t really do that at the arcade with all the other noise. Cleland hooked me up with his modification the the music. Can’t wait to try it out .

#5623 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

New owner here. My orb drop target worked fine the first 5 days I had played the game. Now, the target goes up when a ball enters but wont come back down.
I have been underneath trying to figure out what the issue is. I pushed the mech closer to the magnet to see if that could be the issue but still not working. The spring appears okay as well. Any ideas?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

ugh that sucks , please tell me the wasn’t a NIB. Hope someone here knows what to do for ya man.

#5630 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I think I shared this hidden gem in this thread about three years ago, but it appears there are a lot of new owners, so I thought I'd share it again. [quoted image]

Where do I get this ?!

#5635 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

It's on the playfield hidden under the shooter lane guide.

Hah! man I'm terrible......smh.

#5640 2 years ago

Got my tracking number last night! WOOO!

#5642 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

Huge congrats! I'm hoping mine is not far behind!

Thanks! now i have to try and act like an adult and not refresh the shipping page every hour.

#5644 2 years ago

Which Distributor did you purchase from? (Maybe they went to the factory to pick them up?).
I just checked with my disti and they haven't recieved any units as of today.

That pinball company

#5651 2 years ago

Congrats You lucky bastard. I just emailed Melissa at Cointaker. Hopefully I get some good news.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys.

#5653 2 years ago

Thanks!!Nothing yet. Hopefully get an email from Melissa tomorrow. Have all my parts and mods ready to install.

Speaking of which, I just got this in the mail today , the lights that light up the back by the ramps and where it says I AM GROOT. They sent me instructions but still unclear where to clip the alligator clips to. Anyone else have these and maybe a picture of there this goes?

536DAE2D-517B-48B5-B839-793B67A56CC3 (resized).jpeg536DAE2D-517B-48B5-B839-793B67A56CC3 (resized).jpeg
#5659 2 years ago

What’s weird is that the one pinsider said he got a tracking number from his distributor for his guardians. That’s why I was thinking Guardians was done. Have not heard back from him so maybe his distributor was wrong.
Sucks the goal post keeps moving for sure, but wouldn’t suck so bad if we had some updates from Stern. I waited 8 months for Elvira and expected that, but sucks when Stern says July/August and Zach says it’s done and ready, and apparently that is not the case.
Just back to waiting and don’t believe anything I guess until FedEx calls you to schedule a drop off for the game. It’s not life or death mind you, but still disappointing. No game is that important, but still brings joy to my family and and me.

Nope , that was me. It’s getting here tomorrow.

Have my shaker and cleland mod ready and waiting downstairs !

#5663 2 years ago

Yeah good idea. Will do.

#5664 2 years ago

And earlier than expected !

18AA389B-00FA-4BF5-909D-ACF1F297FC1B (resized).jpeg18AA389B-00FA-4BF5-909D-ACF1F297FC1B (resized).jpeg
#5667 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

You're killin' me, Smalls!

Sorry man

#5669 2 years ago

Maybe they ran out of parts after making ONE unit??? Or did they find a GOTG NIB sitting in the shipping area mistakenly left behind a pile of Mando machines??? Whatever the case, it was your lucky day!
LOL

I don’t care if they found this in a swamp in West Virginia! Hahah as long as it’s in its rightful place now ! Maybe I just got lucky. Sucks hearing about you guys not even getting a shipping date yet . Ugh.

#5670 2 years ago

I’m assuming when I get this thing downstairs and turn it on the newest code will already be installed ?

#5673 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

It should be. Check the date it was built and let us know (sticker on back of machine)

Will do

#5675 2 years ago

Should I be nervous putting clelands mod in there?

#5687 2 years ago

Just an FYI guys. Build date ? Machine is all set up and working awesome!!!

9556E0CC-D459-4915-AF9B-CD21A3C7D75E (resized).jpeg9556E0CC-D459-4915-AF9B-CD21A3C7D75E (resized).jpeg
#5693 2 years ago

Problem is the new machines will already have the 1.08 and can't downgrade due to the node board changes

Mine came loaded with 1.06 today. Clelands mod works great. Shout out to him btw! Cool dude , I had plenty of questions and he helped me out.

#5700 2 years ago

Any of you gents know what these stickers attach to? Obviously I know where the coin label goes but the others ….. nope.

706D1FD4-F410-42B2-99F3-B0331C1236FC (resized).jpeg706D1FD4-F410-42B2-99F3-B0331C1236FC (resized).jpeg
#5702 2 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Those are for each side of the spinner targets.

Thanks I figured . I have a PRO and doesn’t seem to have any. So I figured they where for something else .

#5703 2 years ago

Looking nice. I just have to get it leveled.

5F365ABC-DCD5-41B5-B8AA-163343DC1CA4 (resized).jpeg5F365ABC-DCD5-41B5-B8AA-163343DC1CA4 (resized).jpeg
#5721 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Wow, this would be a serious blow to owners of the newer games and will be one of those things prospective buyers of used games will need to acertain in the future. Personally it might actually stop me from buying the game at all and look for an older one. I take it that they are now locking out pinball browser from working on any of their games?

That really sucks. So mine might be the " Holy Grail"! It cant be the ONLY one built that week with 1.06! no way in hell.

#5738 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

Well. I received an update on my GOTG Pro that had a June ship date when I bought it. Stern's supply issues have now delayed mine into Q4 so no earlier than October and possibly not until December. Heavy sigh.

Smh.....

#5750 2 years ago

Well looks like my guardians will ship tomorrow. Hope it comes with 1.06 code.

Yes! nice man!

#5754 2 years ago

Ok its been a few days now. What is a " Combo"? the default high score on the machine is " KIM " at 15 combos. Can't quite figure that out yet.

#5756 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

If you figure that out please let us know!

Oof! well then it looks like we are all in trouble.

#5773 2 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:Joined the party today with a used GOTG pro. Game is super fun.
[quoted image]

Congrats !! Great game !

#5777 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Thanks! Yea I ordered some shorter spacers from Marco.
I'm bummed that cleland won't work on machine, but still having a blast with it. I sold my maiden premium to get the guardians pro and I don't regret the decision. I'm loving the ramps, the orb shot, and the scoop. Having fun trying (with maybe a 60% success rate) to drop catch out of the scoop. I got to cherry bomb on my first night, and missed my PR by a million

damn for real?! I can barley finish any modes yet. The ramp shots are hard as hell.

#5778 2 years ago

So the magnet seems to not catch anything anymore ( already ) after only 7 days. It kind of just slightly throws the ball the the left out lane and drains the ball 80% of the time now. Ugh!!! Anyone else have this happen and what was or is there something I should look into on how this is happening ?

#5785 2 years ago

Try cleaning the playfield first. I found on my machine the dirtier it got the less effective the magnet. If I wiped it down every once in a while the magnet was pretty consistent. That said a buddy of mine also has a guardians he got shortly after I did and he could never get the magnet to work well. I think he just disabled it. There are numerous posts on moving the magnet closer if the cleaning doesn't work

I got as far as lifting up the play field and tightening the screws that where already there. But they where pretty much tight already . Didn’t bother with the washers yet. Turned the game back on and it worked again . Who the hell knows. If thi all has been an issue for a lot of people you would think stern would address it on these new builds. Who knows.

#5788 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Thanks for the reminder, I'll pick up washers while I'm getting screws for the plastic protector.
The magnet thing is a common problem, here's the fix:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/43#post-4420496
I'm gonna do this today, I'll let you know my results.

Thanks

#5807 2 years ago

If you are talking about this teaser then yes, mine would spin like that from time to time but never for that long. Usually just 2 or 3 full rotations. More often than not it would spin once and throw it into the guardians target or over toward quill's scoop. Occasionally it would slow it down and have it fall straight down to the left flipper. When it started throwing it into the outlanes I'd pull the glass and clean the playfield with novus 1 which would get it back to normal.

See that's what mine did for the first week of owning the game. But now it just flings it to the left outlane almost every time. Very upset with this. I contacted my distributor/tech support to see what's up , hopefully they give me some help. You guys gave me some ideas but I don't want to mess with the machine while its still under warranty until tech support says to.

#5831 2 years ago

Ok, so being the noob that I am. When picking a mode , it shows the lit up shots you have to make. I make some of them but the light still stays on but blinks afterwards ( like I have to hit it again )? while in some modes they completely go away and I can concentrate on the other shots I have to make. Anyone with a better understanding of this can maybe give me an idea of what's going on or what to do? Do I need to keep hitting the shots once they start blinking?

#5833 2 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

There is a detailed list of each mode's rules that I'll link here, but the short version is that in some modes you have to hit the same shots multiple times (like the ramps in Pod Chase) and in other modes if you hit them once then that is it (like in Escape Kyln).
http://tiltforums.com/t/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-rulesheet-wip/3338

Thanks man! great info on here.

#5836 2 years ago

blinking shots score more than solid lit shots and faster blinking shots score the shot and a hurryup. Any lit shot will advance the mode. Once you complete the mode you go into a victory lap where you can boost the bonus for the mode. Each one has a different victory lap. The biggest one is quill with a hurryup after completing where 1 shot to the scoop will get you 10% of your score. It can be huge especially later in the game so I usually save quill and complete it with groot multiball where I can up the playfield multipliers.

by victory lap do you mean hitting the same lit up shots?

#5844 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

I've got most of my mods done, currently the list is:
Cleland sounds
shaker motor, pinball life
shooter eject trough protector
orange flourescent acrylic lower lane protectors, mezelmods
green flourescent acrylic sling plastic protectors, mezelmods
shooter rod, superskillshot.com
speaker lighting and acrylic design, speakerlightkits.com
service rails, pinball life, replacing stock pegs
green LED Groot mouth illumination, mezelmods
purple LED scoop illumination, mezelmods
green LED ramp illumination, mezelmods
purple LED flipper buttons, britemods
white LED trough lighting, lermods
clear cabinet flipper button protector set, titan
pinwoofer spike super kit GT
pinstadium neo
The mods I haven't done yet because the look a bit more involved disassembling stuff on the playfield:
orb airball plastic protector, cpr9999
scoop protector, pinball life
rocket plastic protector, pinball life
[quoted image]

Daaaaaammmnnnnn!!

#5845 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

I've got most of my mods done, currently the list is:
Cleland sounds
shaker motor, pinball life
shooter eject trough protector
orange flourescent acrylic lower lane protectors, mezelmods
green flourescent acrylic sling plastic protectors, mezelmods
shooter rod, superskillshot.com
speaker lighting and acrylic design, speakerlightkits.com
service rails, pinball life, replacing stock pegs
green LED Groot mouth illumination, mezelmods
purple LED scoop illumination, mezelmods
green LED ramp illumination, mezelmods
purple LED flipper buttons, britemods
white LED trough lighting, lermods
clear cabinet flipper button protector set, titan
pinwoofer spike super kit GT
pinstadium neo
The mods I haven't done yet because the look a bit more involved disassembling stuff on the playfield:
orb airball plastic protector, cpr9999
scoop protector, pinball life
rocket plastic protector, pinball life
[quoted image]

How you liking the pin stadium? I keep going back and forth on wether to spring for it on this machine or not .

#5849 2 years ago

So THIS happened when putting the play field back down after fixing the magnet issue I was having . Sooo pissed .

EF114226-9A8F-4F8C-AFB2-B3BF5855F68E (resized).jpegEF114226-9A8F-4F8C-AFB2-B3BF5855F68E (resized).jpeg
#5853 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yeah, there should be a pinned PSA on the forum to warn new owners about the downsides of any kind of blades and how to protect them when working on your game.

Let me ask you guys something. BTW thanks for letting me know about those protectors, I didn't even know that was a thing! Have you guys ever taken off the blades? Do they come off easy enough after they had the adhesive stick to the sides for a few days?

Still cant believe I did this, I was so proud of putting those things in the other day.

#5854 2 years ago

Thanks for letting me know about these .

#5857 2 years ago

They WILL come off much easier now than a year from now.... 8-) But have no worries. Fresh vinyl blades will come off without leaving residue if you pull them off SLOWLY, while applying just a slight amount of heat from a hair dryer. (surface slightly warm to the touch)
And the PBL PinballUniverse blade service protectors will be the best $35 you could ever spend. They ship rolled up and can be formed in a matter of minutes. You then store them as formed in a closet.

Ok good. I’ll order another set of blades and those protectors. Ugh! Live and learn I guess.

#5858 2 years ago

Still not totally understanding the HE button and what it does even after reading the rule sheet .

#5862 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

The way I understand it is that each time you complete/clear the entire set of HE standup targets (the yellow triangle inserts) you get 3 charges on your HE button. Rocket calls out something about the "human behind the flippers" having the Hadron Enforcer. You can use one HE charge to spot a shot for most modes, so however many charges I have remaining I either save up or use depending on the situation. If I'm running out of time on a mode and have enough HE charges to finish the mode I'll usually use them to finish the mode instead of timing out. Sometimes I just want to get at least halfway to qualify the mode for Immolation and restart the mode later if I want to finish it.
Not all modes will spot shots with HE, it pretty much makes sense though. I haven't spent much time yet in most of the modes and have been focusing on Pod Chase and Sibling Rivalry to dial in my ramp accuracy and I know HE works to spot most or perhaps all shots in those.
Lately I'm starting a mode and alternating mode shots with orb or groot and if I have a good amount of time left in the mode bring in a multiball and that usually helps me get HE loaded while continuing to work on the mode and if I run out of time the HE is usually enough to finish the mode and hopefully still be in multiball and go for the scoop to start a new mode.

when you say spot shots does that mean “ collecting the lit up ones”? Or just showing you shots you need to hit?

#5867 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

The way I understand it is that each time you complete/clear the entire set of HE standup targets (the yellow triangle inserts) you get 3 charges on your HE button. Rocket calls out the "lunatic holding the flipper buttons" having the Hadron Enforcer lit. You can use one HE charge to spot a shot for most modes, so however many charges I have remaining I either save up or use depending on the situation. If I'm running out of time on a mode and have enough HE charges to finish the mode I'll usually use them to finish the mode instead of timing out. Sometimes I just want to get at least halfway to qualify the mode for Immolation and restart the mode later if I want to finish it.
Not all modes will spot all shots with HE, it pretty much makes sense though. I haven't spent much time yet in most of the modes and have been focusing on Pod Chase and Sibling Rivalry to dial in my ramp accuracy and I know HE works to spot most or perhaps all shots in those.
Lately I'm starting a mode and alternating mode shots with orb or groot and if I have a good amount of time left in the mode bring in a multiball and that usually helps me get HE loaded while continuing to work on the mode and if I run out of time the HE is usually enough to finish the mode and hopefully still be in multiball and go for the scoop to start a new mode.

I can either hit the ramps 4 /5 times in a row or not at All . Mostly when I NEED to hit them I can’t haha

#5882 2 years ago

Well arrived today. Top of box was really dirty. So I was hoping it was a good sign, but I remembered the pinsider who said his was also but had the 1.08 code.
Nervously started unboxing. Saw date stamp on bottom of the cabinet. Put front legs on then lifted up the rear. Same date stamp on the back of the cabinet as it was underneath. Date of March 17,2021!!! It must have been sitting somewhere for a while.
Fired up the game and low and behold code 1.06!! So freaking happy!! Now I have a ton of mods to put in, I mean a lot. Already have Clelands sound mod downloaded and ready to go.
First thing I am going to do is swap out those bright white LEDs in the back. Magnet works great out of the box.
Only issue was a pop bumper was locked on right after ball one was kicked out. Just gapped the switch and now fine. Just widened it a little too far apart.
Next pin Halloween CE or if Godzilla gets released.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow congrats man. Long time coming. And I'm with ya on Godzilla I'm going all in on that one!

#5883 2 years ago

Well shit…… gotta remember to unplug my Guardians tonight.

25A445E2-7965-43AF-9E5D-DB1A44FCCD81 (resized).jpeg25A445E2-7965-43AF-9E5D-DB1A44FCCD81 (resized).jpeg
#5893 2 years ago

Put in the silhouette topper from Mezel Mods. Love it!

[quoted image]

Damn that looks nice

#5894 2 years ago

So after doing the washer ( fix ) for the magnet I'm still having some issues I guess? Most of the time the ball will be caught out of the orb shot but after a few games it starts to just kind of slightly fling it. But then randomly catch it again and act " normal". Is everyone's like this? Or is it supposed to catch it every single time?

#5896 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I'd say mine probably catches it about 65-75% of the time and the rest just kind of changes the trajectory.

Yeah that's about right. I was just wondering because the wife and I get a kick out of it being caught and flung to wherever. But then get all nervous when it doesn't and start thinking its not working again.

#5898 2 years ago

Thanks brother! I highly recommend buying one. My magnet is pretty consistent. It doesn’t fling the ball hard at all. I didn’t do the washer fix yet since it is catching it. I don’t want to mess it up. I am an ex doc/squid myself.

Yeah just gotta convince my other half to spring for it ! hahah. NAVY? nice! I was on an LPH in Somalia and Iraq in the 90s

#5900 2 years ago

Damn brother. You were in the thick of it. Thanks for your service. No good liberty in either of those two places. I was in from 92 to 96. I was lucky to be in San Diego and Bethesda.
Need to convince her. It’s only $145, nothing compared to what we paid for the game lol.

Haha got that right I actually put my email on Marcos list for if and when the stern topper hopefully gets back in stock.
I was in the same years! Probably was in Great Mistakes same time as you.

#5902 2 years ago

Get the Mezel mods one. Stern one will never be in stock again unfortunately.
https://mezelmods.com/products/guardians-of-the-galaxy-silhouette-topper

How tall is that thing?. I only have an 8 inch clearance to the ceiling .

956334BD-F169-422C-81C9-839A94481AA5 (resized).jpeg956334BD-F169-422C-81C9-839A94481AA5 (resized).jpeg

#5903 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

How tall is that thing?. I only have an 8 inch clearance to the ceiling .
[quoted image]

#5924 2 years ago
Quoted from jstarner79:

Got my brand new Guardians Pro unpacked today. Build date of July 30. Unfortunately, I'm in the version 1.08 club. I was really looking forward to using the Cleland sound mode, and now obviously that is not possible. I really hope there is a way to get that changed in the near future!

Wow I'm actually wondering if my JULY 28th build date was the cut off now.

#5939 2 years ago

Magnet issue is back again. The washers worked for a week. Now back to just slightly flinging the ball towards the left outlane.....smh.

#5941 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Yes did the washer fix too but the true fix for the magnet is to clean and wax the PF...did this for awhile but no longer really care about the magnet. LOL.
Still love the game after 2 years especially because of theme and cleland code.

Yeah great game but being NIB I'm still pissed this is a thing. And want it fixed.

#5966 2 years ago

So I started peeling off the pinblades that i ripped last week when I lifted the playfield up. Its leaving a lot of white residue on the sides no matter how slow I peel them. Anyone know how to get/clean that off without causing a huge mess or damaging anything?

#5968 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Yeah I get it...although being an owner of Stranger Things Premium I would say this magnet issue is a blip. STh need to be heavily dialed in and managed...but its still a GREAT game. DOn't let the small stuff get you down....enjoy!

Opened it up last night and made sure the screws where tight. and then used Nova on the part of the playfield where the magnet is. Worked great all night. So weird. I would love a Stranger Things premium but can NOT get over that awful side art and way to much of the kids staring at you on the playfield. haha. Game looks fun as hell though.

#5969 2 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

i would try using heat gun or a hair dryer. be careful.
should help lift up.

I’ll try that thanks

#5970 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ok after a full day of having this machine and everyones input im getting better. Just got to Cherry Bomb for first time and got 593m. What are "good scores" in this game? 1b? 1.5b?

Still haven’t gotten Cherry bomb after almost a month of ownership . Do you have a certain route you take with the modes? There are a lot of shots I still can’t make and only get them randomly. Best I’ve done so far is 306 million .

#5975 2 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

I usually start with Antiquities Shop or Yaka Arrow. After those, I move to Pod Chase if Groot is almost ready. I try to use Groot MB to complete Pod Chase and then Orb MB to complete Sibling Rivalry.
Side note, if you save Quill's Quest for 4th mode and complete it, the complete shot will launch Cherry Bomb. So sometimes I like to do that.

I had not even thought about " saving Groot" to help complete stuff. I'm still in the honeymoon phase and having a blast just smacking the ball around but slowly would like to start completing things. I can hit Groot with some consistency now so it shouldn't be a problem saving him until I need it.

#5978 2 years ago

Grab some packing tape and use that to lift off the white residue. Press against the cabinet and lift it off. Also duct tape if it’s on their good. Windex to wipe off the rest.

Thanks. I also emailed Tilt Graphics . Haven’t heard back from them yet . Oh well.

#5987 2 years ago

JT from TILT GRAPHICS did me a solid with my ripped blades ( which was my own fault ). Will definitely be buying from him again! Excellent customer service!

#6000 2 years ago

Bought the speaker panel magnet from wizard mod last night. Looks sharp can’t wait to get it! Anyone else have these? What do you think?
C1AD0217-BB23-42BF-83CB-4CE2860E5ED3 (resized).jpegC1AD0217-BB23-42BF-83CB-4CE2860E5ED3 (resized).jpeg

#6002 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I have it. Looks great, no worries. Good value for money

Nice. Was looking at the apron stuff they had too.

#6007 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Yes I have it and love it and also got one for my STh.
[quoted image]

damn that looks sharp !!! Can’t wait now . I have a PRO so trying to spice it up a bit even though it already looks great. Ordered ones for my Maiden too that should be in my home next month !

#6008 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Also I HIGHLY recommend the green LED lighting from Mezel mods (or some people DIY) for the back ramps behind backboard. It adds a ton of character! You can see in my photo above with the Woz Mods.

I have it but never hooked it up. You have any pics available how you did it? I got freaked out when I had to remove rubber around one of the GI ‘s? And gave up. Sorry still feeling my way around this stuff.

#6016 2 years ago

So this happens quite often. Anyone else? Ball gets stuck on Groots lip. Most times I have to push the machine around to get it out.

Quoted from Eric_S:

Last night I had the best game I've ever had, beating the Wizard mode to Save Xander. Really fun getting that deep into the game.

Damn!!! That’s insane ! Had mine for about a month now best I can do is 306 Million

#6026 2 years ago

Sooooo....most of the "upgrades" add more shots to each mode but some don't. So what's the upgrade on those? Just points? Like sanctuary for instance.

#6035 2 years ago

I am THAT guy. I have a NIB GOTG sitting in my garage for two days now and haven't had a moment to unpack it!!!! I hope to do so tonight....

Long time coming man! enjoy it!

#6060 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

There are lots of posts regarding protective mods and other stuff a couple years or more back in this topic but it's a long read. I think the main protective item was when the early ones had no protective metal bar over the orb lock that Stern later added to protect the plastic from breaking. Several places made a clear plastic to add protection but I like the one from cpr9999 the best. Mine had the metal bar but it blocks the view so I removed it and installed the polycarbonate one he sold me.
The trough kickout into the launch lane benefits from some protection too I think, or at least turn down the power in the menu as much as possible. I installed a couple metal protectors for that. I also have the scoop protector but haven't installed it yet, I think it's probably a good idea but to me doesn't seem high priority.
I replaced my pegs with service rails, very worth it in my opinion if lifting the playfield much. I've lifted mine many times without sideart protectors but recently got a set of those anyway since I only have to slip once to damage my art blades.
I added plastic protectors pretty much everywhere else but I think most of them are more decorative than necessary. I like the look of the colored Ulek ones that compliment the stock plastics so for me it's mostly to have everything match than for the extra protection but overkill protection is ok.

I messed my side blades up pretty good lifting my playfield. What a noobie move.....smh

#6062 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

Condolences Yeah I can see how that could be easy to do.
I had a NIB on order for a couple months are ordered a lot of mods while waiting, including a set of Stern art blades. After a couple production delays it turned out my order didn't make it into the production run and got delayed to the end of the year. I got lucky and bought a March 2021 HUO with less than 100 plays on it that the original owner already installed the art blades on so now I have a spare set of art blades.

Oh nice! Yeah I was upset, I spent a good amount of time putting them in and making sure they where even and looked good.

#6067 2 years ago

Anyone installed the metal scoop hole protector sold by PBL? Before I jump into it, any issues or things to look for I should know about?

You get Wizard Mod panels for the speaker?

#6069 2 years ago

I have a dilemma... If I get a Wiz panel mod for GOTG then I also need it for Jurassic Park since they sit next to each other... but I have a set of 3D printed dinosaur grills already installed on JP. So I haven't decided what to do, yet.

Hmmmm yeah you would have to get both. The one without it would look naked. I have them for GOTG and Maiden coming hopefully this week!

#6077 2 years ago

Finally got the wiz mod speaker magnets . They look insanely good! Like the game should have come with these already on.

E85E7BA1-6F16-4752-BA07-4F6AE533CA94 (resized).jpegE85E7BA1-6F16-4752-BA07-4F6AE533CA94 (resized).jpeg
#6078 2 years ago

Also, do you guys know how to get to the settings that allows you to restart a game by holding in the start button? My Iron Maiden came like that by default .

#6081 2 years ago

A couple of settings in v1.08 that might help:
ADJ > SPI
#21 - Balls / Game
#39 - Reset High Score at number of games
#49 - Left Flipper + Start Button End game
#53 - Allow flippers to launch ball

Thanks mark
Doesn’t look like 1.06 has that in there which makes sense now that I looked and Maiden has 1.08 and that came as a default feature . Ah well .

#6085 2 years ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

Look for "Game Restart" under Std. Adjustments.

Ill look again tonight.

#6087 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

The code update allowing left plus start button to end game came after last available Cleland code update. Since 1.08 isn't allowing him to update, if you are on his last code you can't restart the game this way. While I really do want this option for restarting I just live Cleland code too much.

Yeah I wont be updating soon either. Ill just live with the way it is for now.

2 weeks later
#6166 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

Just joined the club after finding a 2 month old pro, so pretty happy with that. Question, is a shaker a must for this game?
[quoted image]

I have one and love it. Smacking Groot in the face and having the shaker go off each time is worth it to me.

#6167 2 years ago

Adding two washers and making sure your playfield is clean is still the fix.

This right here! I had the exact same problem and the washers/cleaning the area on the playfield where the magnet is fixed it. Haven't had one issue since.

#6173 2 years ago
Quoted from mnpin007:

Bought this game a month ago and love it. But - I am having a problem with Groot, a light shot can get stuck entering his mouth. Anything direct goes straight in. When it gets stuck, the machine goes into stuck ball mode and eventually it gets spit out.
Had the company out who sold the machine to me and they slightly raised the front of the machine. They said that may cause the ball to get stuck at the top of the machine.
Bingo, first game a ball got stuck, so that obviously isn't a fix for Groot and the game play slowed down.
Anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks

Had the game since AUG and that still happens to mine. I have to shake the game around to get it unstuck sometimes.

1 week later
#6189 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Yes agree. although the fix fades over time. For me the only consistent way to have magnet perform is to clean and/or wax PF. Then magnet will grab great for a few days.

I'm a little longer, say a couple of weeks but yes that's exactly what i have to keep doing.

1 month later
#6245 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:Any advice for making that super tight rocket shot any easier? Ill hit it by mistake but rarely on purpose….

Hope you get a response. haha I suck at that shot also. And the scoop shot which is way to important in this game. When my family plays a lot of times we will get into a place where we cant hit that and are just shooting the ball around the playfield not scoring points. My only complaint on this machine. Other than that its great!

#6247 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

When the family plays make sure you have the game set to select / start a mode at ball launch, that is factory default and makes the game more approchable as that scoop can be rather tough.

Ah, Ill check that out. I was messing around in the menus when it got to my house and probably changed that setting. Thanks for the heads up!

1 month later
#6352 2 years ago

My nieces and nephews told me this game is " to confusing" this weekend and started playing Iron Maiden instead. Ugh! They all LOVE Guardians movies

2 months later
#6398 2 years ago
Quoted from NATS_Fan:

I just picked up a Pro version yesterday. My first machine and I'm loving it!

Congrats man its a great game!

5 months later
#6719 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

How’s the shaker motor on this machine?
Is it worth it to get for this one?

short answer yes, long answer ....yes.

#6720 1 year ago
Quoted from Stugots:

New to the forum and also just got my invoice from Cointaker. This is my first pin.

Congrats! Great game!

#6769 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Looks like I got lucky….
I just picked mine up! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Niiiice! now get that shaker motor in there!

1 week later
#6881 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

The eagle has landed
[quoted image]

I have to say this is the most colorful game I've personally seen. The wife is always commenting on how " cool" it looks. I agree

#6883 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

Best thing to do is play it and see if you get enough magnet activity with its current setting. I moved mine closer because it was rarely catching the ball. You will know if you start orb multiball or orb shots and see the ball grab and moved. No negative to having it too far away besides lack of activity. I would play it first and see how it plays. The bad part about having the magnet dialed in and close to the playfield is often times it’s frustrating because it throws it right to the left outlane. Lol that’s how you know you have a close enough for full magnet activity.
I would say dial in priorities on this game:
1 Dial in scoop eject power to return nicely to the left flipper. You might have to apply light pressure and bend up on the scoop lid to adjust also. Settings in menu adjust power.
2 orb shot. You might have to adjust the drop target if the ball escapes before it catches often. I believe in mine it needed adjustment.
3 Magnet- see if needs moved closer
4 Coil Stops- replace the stern ones as soon as possible. On mine they were toast when I bought it at 400 plays.
5 Cleland code makes this game so much better.

I hear this all the time in most threads about the coil stops. I've been lucky I guess ( knock on wood ). But what stops do you guys put in yours? Link if you have one. And what's different about them? Just curious and ill order some just to have on hand in case.

#6885 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

have not had an issue with any coil stops. To me this is wive tales from when Stern had a bad run one time.

Yeah I haven't had any for any games yet. I even look for the shavings every once in a while. None.

#6887 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html
That is the coil stop replacement and I definitely recommend it. Sterns factory stops are actually two pieces that are not welded together very well - the circular part in the middle over time will detach from the bracket and your flippers will not be as snappy. You'll also notice a lot of metal shaving pieces when you look beneath the playfield.
I personally disagree with other folks who said they aren't experiencing issues with recent Stern ones. The fact is they just don't notice it. I had a new Godzilla machine where only one of the coil stops had failed (upper flipper), but I went ahead and replaced all three and INSTANTLY noticed an insane difference in the lower flippers. MUCH snappier. This simple $5 upgrade is 100% a must-do on all Sterns in my opinion. One more tip, while you are replacing the coil stops, take 20 seconds more to replace the sleeves as well. Will also make a huge difference, especially if your Stern sleeves got dirty from their crappy stops. Here's the sleeve link:
https://www.pinballlife.com/2-316-coil-sleeve.html

Thank you!! Appreciate the help and advice. Ordering some now.

1 month later
1 month later
#7617 1 year ago

After 2 years of owning the game I finally had to turn off the " Movie Quotes" , I couldn't take it anymore. The good part of this is blasting the awesome music and getting into a zone while playing now. Looking at speaker lights now not sure which ones would look better the square of circle. Also this is the only game I have that doesn't have IC on it and I'm still debating on that because I don't want to lose my cleland 1.06 mod.

#7623 1 year ago
Quoted from finman2000:

I couldn't even make it a week. The you killed my wife and daughter or something like that was the one I couldn't handle.

I'm enjoying the game a hell of a lot more without them now. Just cranking the music and scoring points.

#7627 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Are you guys turning these off with the Cleland code or the Stern code?

Cleland 1.06 here

8 months later
#8163 7 months ago
Quoted from jb007gd:

Hi.
I don't mind admitting I might be a little dense here.
I'm just looking for a no nonsense guide to get started playing Guardians. I've watched a bunch of tutorials on YouTube with varying degrees of understanding (Bowen's PAPA video is super helpful) but I've got some sort of mental block with understanding this game. I'm not an owner; just trying to get a decent score for the league I'm in.
If someone could just go ahead and share the elevator speech version of what to do to rack up some points on this thing, that would be greaaaat.
❤️[quoted image]

In tournament or league play ALWAYS start with Star Lord, You get multiball immediately. I own the damned thing and have made the mistake of not picking him.

1 month later
#8220 5 months ago

Ok what did I do? I messed around in the settings a while back and I'm unsure if my Groot is " messed up" or is working a certain way because I did something. It used to be I would have to hit him to open his mouth then get a ball in there to lock it, then he would close his mouth again. NOW he keeps his mouth closed until I hit it 3 or 4 times then he keeps his mouth open until I shoot all 3 balls in and then he will close it to do the multiball and act normal during that. Not really sure what's going on and what I did it was a while ago I was messing with the settings. Ugh My fault for not really paying attention.

#8222 5 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

If you do a test, are all of the optos in groots mouth working?

Ill check that .

#8223 5 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

If you do a test, are all of the optos in groots mouth working?

Adjustment 19 , groot lock set to “ easy” I put it on medium . Problem solved ….. smfh .

2 weeks later
#8261 4 months ago
Quoted from nagamitsu:

Lol, my magnet more often than not, just barely does anything and the ball just drops straight down. Sometimes it catches and flings the ball, but rare. Even with regular playfield clean/waxing. I may need to try to get magnet closer to playfield surface
Tim

Did you add a washer under the playfield? there is a screw below the magnet to make it " closer " to the playfield I believe. Ill look later exactly where. Also, when my magnet doesn't catch the ball I Novos 1 the playfield and it fixes it immediately.

#8263 4 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I actually just bent the bracket holding the magnet slightly to hold it closer to the playfield rather than adding a washer.
BTW If you look at the Stern promo video, it shows the expected behavior of the magnet. It doesn't exactly "hold" it still in place, but kinda holds it and wings it around a little as it pulses the magnet before tossing the ball in a random direction.

Yeah, the video you put out in slow mo is exactly how mine works. But after a month or so it goes back to just barely doing anything to the ball so I just clean the playfield a bit and it goes back to "normal".

2 months later
#8382 76 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

It’s always the last game of the night where you blow it up

Wow! Nice!

#8386 70 days ago
Quoted from thefiend5:

Currently in talks with trading a JP Pro for a GOTG Pro, I dont have much time on GOTG but JP has just ran its course with my household. Curious to know the owners of both or just GOTG takes on if I should pull the trigger.
Thanks pinheads

I have both and like JP quite a bit more. The having to hit the scoop to start modes on GOTG wears on me personally. I do like it and still play it but if I was forced to keep only one. Id keep JP.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider exsquid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=exsquid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.