IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2480 5 years ago

Got our premium last week, and are really enjoying it. Had to the fix the orb drop target since the ball would get caught there (Adding the washer seems to have fixed it). In the middle of finishing up my review for the 1/2 at work and my 10 year old starting texting me, that my wife was beating her. We still suck (HS around 180M, LOL). But we are having fun..

36569402_239105716820621_7985331985612537856_n (resized).jpg36569402_239105716820621_7985331985612537856_n (resized).jpg
#2482 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Where did you add washer?

In post #278 from this thread. Found that adding a washer to the drop target assembly release opposite the spring has fixed the issue. I did the same thing yesterday and problem hasn’t come back yet after 20 or so games.

1 week later
#2526 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

It looks like .90....
I'm still unbelievably impressed with his ability to hit the Yaka and Star Lord shots at will. He hits three Yaka shots in a row, and I thought his scoop must have had a funnel on it! I asked in another thread how these guys get to Wizard Modes seemingly effortlessly. This showed me how important accuracy is....one flip, one shot! Half of my drains come from repeatedly bricking that damn scoop trying to start the next mode!

A bunch of years ago, my wife and I where playing pinball with Bowen, Steve Bowden, and a bunch of other talented players. Watching them be able to hit the shots and will and nudge to save was eye opening. We learned so much just by talking to them for a couple of hours while playing. Alas it hasn't helped us too much as we still can't aim for crap (The yaka and star lord shots) are impossible for me to hit with any sort of consistency

#2541 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I had a similar problem with the drop target, but kneissl noticed the drop target bracket wasn't bent at a full 90 degrees, so he pressed his palm against it which bent it just a little bit more, effectively doing the same thing as the washer fix, moving the little metal release arm slightly closer to the coil.
Haven't had an issue out of it since.

Going to have to try this as the washer fix lasted a little under 3 days. Here's hoping I can get it stay fixed...

1 week later
#2619 5 years ago

I was having the same issue with the orb not dropping. Tried the washer didn’t work. Tried bending the unit didn’t work. What finally solved it for me was bending the actual release mech. The rocker that the magnet coil pulls up. I bent it closer to 90 and it has now worked 100% for the last 50 games. What was happening on mine was that it would work and then it would get hit and the rocker would be far enough away away from the magnet and wedged in place that it wouldn’t drop. Now with it being bent, it is closer to the magnet and never gets stuck. I can try to take a picture if my rambling above doesn’t make sense.

2 weeks later
#2751 5 years ago

Got the stern topper today. Pretty happy with it. With the new code updates it seems to be integrated a bit (leds change color based on current mode, and the flashers sync with lights on the PF). Wife and kids like it as well. Also added the shaker motor last week. My eldest daughter (11) got the gc score our ours so now is super happy. Not going to show her the 1b score from above though lol

1 week later
#2771 5 years ago
Quoted from Melhadmj:

Loving my first 2 days with this pin. However, I am having the issue I've seen brought up a few times where the ball is getting stuck behind the Orb drop target. I'm running 1.03 and haven't come across any solutions. Could someone point me in the right direction? Occasionally, even a few ball searches does not release. It seems the target is being pushed up rather than down in these cases...

Melhadmj

Here is how I fixed mine. If you look at the drop target assembly (page 44 in the manual). You will see the part labeled 24 (BRACKET, 1-BANK DT TRIP) This is the part that the magnet will pull to drop the orb target. Mine was bent a bit out of shape so it would get stuck on the lower edge and the magnet couldn't pull it. From the top it would look like it was trying to push it up, because it was cycling from try to drop it, try to reset it.

What I did was take the drop target out/apart and bent part 24 to be closer to 90degrees (just pinched both edges together) so that it wouldn't be able to get stuck on the lower edge anymore. This has 100% solved the problem with orb getting stuck. Hope this helps and I explained it well enough.

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 9.29.07 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-08-21 at 9.29.07 PM (resized).png
#2779 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Anyone that bought the GOTG topper could you please scan or take a pic of the install instructions and PM me it.
Thanks!

Pm sent.

#2781 5 years ago
Quoted from Melhadmj:

Thanks doon for the reply!
I tried to save some time and added the washer to part 24 that you pointed out. murfe88 had posted the below picture. I ended up only adding the washer to the right side and so far it has worked every time!
[quoted image]

I tried that fix as well and it only lasted a couple of days for us. Funny was that it would work fine for me, but once my wife would play, a game or two in and bam back to the issue..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=doon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.