IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djoverpour.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#393 6 years ago

Is anyone else having issues with the music/sound not playing? I was in the middle of a ball and the music just stopped, and all that was left was SFX.

#445 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I posted long ago that I was worried about this and thought it was going to be problematic like it is on Avengers and on the right side for ACDC, but honestly, after playing many games it's not even remotely an issue for me. I'm 6'3" but still find I can see and nudge as needed. If I couldn't, this would really tick me off though.

Agreed, I was worried about it when I first got the game, but now it's not even an issue.

#551 6 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Anyone have 0.73 Pro backed up online? .... the 0.80 wont install and messed up the game

I have a copy right here on my desktop, any idea how I can send it to you, or upload it somewhere?

#636 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmicjim:

Sanctuary was broken in this patch.Everytime i go inside groot the balls gets lost. Triggers ball search, and doesnt find it. If you complete the mode, it locks the ball for multiball. Otherwise it just launches another ball when the mode times out.
EDIT - Messed with it somewhere. The problem isn't sanctuary it's bonus multiplier mode. It did it to me any time i had 2x scoring.

Sounds like this just happened to me on my first game on .81. During Groot MB, his mouth was only halfway down, and on the screen it said something like Groot Device Lockup Error. I drained out, and then finally his mouth opened all the way and he spit up the last ball when it was over.

Is this happening to anyone else, either on the new .81 or .80 code?

#660 6 years ago
Quoted from Jcarels:

Can someone help please? I received my frosted twin smd lamps from comet today. After installing them with the power off, I turned on my GOTG pro and my speakers in the back box have no sound. Just a hum coming out. I still have sound on the sub/speaker in the box. What did I do wrong. I used the same type of lamps and have checked my connections to make sure everything is seated.

I had this same problem and it turned out my CPU was messed up and Stern had to send me a new one.

#661 6 years ago

I was playing a game today on the new code, hit two balls into Groot and all the power went out. I tried resetting it, unplugging it, all that and still nothing. No power is going to the boards at all. The service outlet on the power supply works, but theres no power on the cpu board or anywhere else. Anyone have any ideas? Im guessing its another board that blew out that I need to have replaced. Sigh.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#701 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Bad CPU board from what I've heard.
A local fella here nicely warned me there's a component on the new (or some new?) CPU boards that Stern is aware of which can fail. Rebooting the game x amount of times will get it to work but the next time you boot it up you're back to square one.
If I were you I'd reach out to Stern asap. Best of luck

Yep, exactly what happened to me. It would work sometimes if I left the power off for 5+ minutes and then powered back on. Eventually the sound would go out. Stern sent me a new CPU board and all is good now. Well except for the blown power supply that Im waiting for now.

#711 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Ah, that might explain why myself & others have been ignored by Stern when requesting the two board repair kits (zip tie + capacitor).
Guess I will call my distro next week. My fear is I will order AFMr during that call lol. Maybe I will just send an email instead

Great point. Trent from Tilt called Stern and took care of everything for me.

#729 6 years ago
Quoted from djoverpour:

Yep, exactly what happened to me. It would work sometimes if I left the power off for 5+ minutes and then powered back on. Eventually the sound would go out. Stern sent me a new CPU board and all is good now. Well except for the blown power supply that Im waiting for now.

For anyone that cares, it wasnt a problem with the power supply. I swapped parts back and forth between my SW until I found out that the problem was the shaker motor. Evidently it's screwed up and causing the cabinet node board problems. After unplugging the shaker from the board, it works fine. GROOOOT!

#731 6 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

And that shaker was from?

I bought it when I bought the game from Tilt Amusement. It’s an official Stern shaker motor (or at least I think it is).

1 week later
#876 6 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Really liking Groot multiball. The mechanic of Groot holding balls for you and giving a multiplier is pretty cool. Was this concept on any other game? It's always great to park a ball in a lock or scoop for a moment, but this takes it to the next level.

Aerosmith

3 weeks later
#1100 6 years ago
Quoted from sgorsuch:

Changed all the rings on the game to Titan rings,and very happy with the rings, not as thrilled with the post sleeves. In less than a week there are visible wear on them. Not sure if it was from wear or design, but the existing post sleeves were almost conical in shape.
On a positive note the new sleeves seem to have an effect as the ball leaves the Orb trapped behind the target, almost every time now the magnet catches the ball in a nice swirl.Prior to changing the sleeves, about 1/2 the time the magnet would just push the ball directly to the left outlane.

Same exact thing happened to me. I love the Titan flipper rubber, but the post sleeves barely lasted a week without getting totally destroyed. They said something about their Stern slimpost sleeves being weaker. Im not sure if the regular one will fit those or not.

2 weeks later
#1264 6 years ago
Quoted from sevenover:

Mine just kind of pushes the ball a little. It’s almost like the timing is off. I notice the magnet itself rotates under the playfield. Is this normal?

I think thats normal, but thats exactly what mine does too. It almost seems like the magnet activates a tad too late.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dow, IL
$ 22.50
6,495 (Firm)
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djoverpour.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=djoverpour and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.