CC493B02-84E6-4E3B-84E7-1CF75C357E8E (resized).jpeg
IMG_1655 (resized).jpg
0D21B462-3197-421B-B3CA-F11664F8AB23 (resized).jpeg
29AF4292-868A-4AA2-9F08-80F3E76D0172 (resized).jpeg
0CEC5B12-8D32-4646-9491-CB87F2B2C8BD (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 picture of optional gold side rains. Posted by Blacksun (3 years ago)

Post #2129 magnet fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (3 years ago)

Post #2448 hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (3 years ago)

Post #5668 Important information about Node board changes in later runs. Posted by TrixTrix (76 days ago)

Post #5685 Firmware required for new node boards! Posted by Peanuts (75 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daddymand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4712 1 year ago
Quoted from marsup:

I tried to message Stern about it (there was a story with somme Gotg pinball machine pic...)
I take that for an almost yes
[quoted image]

Are you using the cleland sound mod? It is a must have for GOTG. However, with a code update the current cleland mod probably wouldn't work.

1 week later
#4740 11 months ago

Hi all,
GOTG Pro owner here for 2 years now. Love it but also looking to spice things up. I am a newbie to shaker motors. Do you recommend one for GOTG? Is it well integrated and when does it activate? Easy to install? Pinaball life vs Stern direct for shaker?
thanks!

1 week later
#4755 11 months ago

Looks like Stern is methodically updating code for games with some polish, some new features, etc. cleland a lot of us are running your MUST HAVE code and was wondering if you would consider updating it when/if a new GOTG code comes out?

3 weeks later
#4799 10 months ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I took the arms off my Premium. I wanna see those spinners rip!

LOL after 2 years and wanting to spice up the game, I added Stern Groot arms to my Pro!

#4825 10 months ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

As tungsten78 mentioned earlier in the thread, this solution completely fixed my weak magnet issues.
I’ve taken a few photos in case anybody wants to try it out, but needs very specific instructions.
Turn off Game. Remove Balls. Lift
Playfield.
Remove Magnet Core Bracket by removing screws marked 1 and 2 with a 1/4” nut driver or flathead screwdriver.
Then remove bolt 3 with a Philips screwdriver to separate magnet core from bracket.
Insert 2 washers labelled A and B between Magnet core and bracket, and then reassemble.
Voila! That’s French for “Look at That!!”
Note, I have taken a pic of the upper right Mag, but the lowest point of the triangle (which is the highest up the playfield when the playfield is in game position!) is the most important one. It’s responsible for the grab out of the orb drop.

[quoted image][quoted image]

Considering doing this now after 2 years...lol. For those that have added the washers, how has the magnet power and playfield held up over time? Thanks all!

#4834 10 months ago

Anyone having issues with the ball flying through orb so fast that it doesn't lock? Didn't have this happen really for 2 years...maybe 10% of the time. Seems more like 50% of the time now that the ball flies in and out before the post has a chance to go up. I noted older posts of folks having the opposite problem where the post wouldn't go down. LOL.

Also on the magnet fix on my Pro, I added the 2 washers under the magnet core to push it closer to playfield per the pinned post in this thread. It worked great for 2 days but now back to the same low impact magnet (on my Pro). Any other fixes? Maybe 3-4 washers need to be added?

Thanks all!

#4838 10 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Have the same experience. My gotg is like 1 month old and guesstimate that 10-20% the droptarget is not up quickly enough. The ball goes so fast that I could understand this and didn’t think to much of it.

Could also be that I cleaned my playfield...new machines or waxed playfields might make for a faster orb shot and increase the rate of this issue. LOL

#4840 10 months ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

I just have to say I tried everything suggested before this and nothing was solving the issue. After hours of playing around to determine what was wrong i stumbled on this post and it led me onto that maybe the path my ball was taking was the real issue. So i pulled out the trusty needle nose pliers and bent the lane guide i a little and now 100% of the time it does the swirl catch to a throw. So thank you for posting this solution and keeping me sane!

Could you post a pic of what lane guide you adjusted and which way you bent it etc? thanks!

1 week later
#4873 10 months ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Anyone tried out the new pingraffix mirror blade artwork yet? Looks pretty nice ....but expensive
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/stern-guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-mirrorblades

These look sick!

#4882 9 months ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

As tungsten78 mentioned earlier in the thread, this solution completely fixed my weak magnet issues.
I’ve taken a few photos in case anybody wants to try it out, but needs very specific instructions.
Turn off Game. Remove Balls. Lift
Playfield.
Remove Magnet Core Bracket by removing screws marked 1 and 2 with a 1/4” nut driver or flathead screwdriver.
Then remove bolt 3 with a Philips screwdriver to separate magnet core from bracket.
Insert 2 washers labelled A and B between Magnet core and bracket, and then reassemble.
Voila! That’s French for “Look at That!!”
Note, I have taken a pic of the upper right Mag, but the lowest point of the triangle (which is the highest up the playfield when the playfield is in game position!) is the most important one. It’s responsible for the grab out of the orb drop.

Took this great advice (actually added 3 washers) and magnet worked fully and completely for about a week. Now back to the inconsistencies. ANyone else have this occur and any other solutions?

#4884 9 months ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Ohhh if I could only describe the amount of frustration I've had on this issue. I've tried it all and even things that you won't read on here (like drilling entirely new holes to mount the core at various different angles in an effort to get this to work 100% of the time). After almost 40 hours of dicking around with it, I've gotten it to a place where it will grab it every time, but there's unfortunately not a single fix. It's a culmination of all of these items:
1) Balls: Get yourself some carbon-core balls. They react much more strongly to magnets. I got mine from ball baron.
2) The rubber post next to the chute: This plays a huge part. Order a cliffy blue one from Cliff himself (Don't get from pinball life as they are falsely labeled as Cliffy's but don't bounce as much).
3) Leveling/Pitch: This also plays a big part I've found best success at 6.8 degrees pitch and obviously it needs to be perfectly level left to right. That being said, don't rely on that stupid app people always tout on Pinside. It's worthless. Get yourself an actual digital level: amazon.com link »
4) Waxing: This was the nail in the coffin for me and something that was counter-intuitive to what I suspected for the first 35 hours I messed with this thing.. My finding is that a recently waxed playfield makes the magnet work MUCH better than one that hasn't been waxed in hundreds of plays. In fact, as soon as my magnet starts missing again, the first thing I do is clean/wax the area around it and that does the trick - especially with the carbon-core balls. It grabs those suckers super fast.
Good luck!

Thank you! I need new pinballs anyway so will give those a shot. Regarding the rubber post, would that be both posts on the orb? I am not as steep as 6.8 so will give it a shot. I does seem like it's a timing thing where the magnet comes on just a tad late, but may be due to pitch. Waxing: yes I have definitely experienced the same, a clean, waxed playfield helps the magnet work..for a few days. Will give these tips a try!

#4891 9 months ago

Whatch y'all think? LOL

gotg yondu (resized).jpg
#4892 9 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Mine grabs and drops it about 85-90% of the time, usually to the left flipper, occasionally the left in-lane which can also end up in the out lane of course. I'm pretty happy with it.

Yeah this is how mine usually acts and really no major issues with it, seems normal after 2 years of ownership. It's just when you wax the PF and see how it was intended to work (ie grab the ball spin it in circles then throw it randomly) it makes me want that! That said, I also agree with prior post that during Groot MB the magnet also just diverts balls all over playfield with no intent to grab it and that works great.

2 weeks later
#4904 9 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Thanks for the advise
Choice between TMNT and gotg was a tough one.
I only have gotg LE like 6-8 weeks so perhaps still in honeymoon phase. But because of theme, music and video I decided in the end for gotg.
Was a close call as I do believe TMNT has more shots and could be a better player pin but to afraid I couldn’t get over the theme. The sounds and music (I played it like 2 hours) just didn’t do it with me. Shots is another topic and this I like TMNT a lot and made me hesitate for such a long time. Not that I dislike it but have also no sentimental memories of the turtles. So perfect would have been a TMNT layout with gotg theme.
Thanks again for the advise and who knows what the future will bring. For now the gotg will stay which I am sure you will agree with, it’s the gotg thread after all....[quoted image][quoted image]

be sure to run cleland code sound mod for GOTG...must have!

#4905 9 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Thanks for the advise
Choice between TMNT and gotg was a tough one.
I only have gotg LE like 6-8 weeks so perhaps still in honeymoon phase. But because of theme, music and video I decided in the end for gotg.
Was a close call as I do believe TMNT has more shots and could be a better player pin but to afraid I couldn’t get over the theme. The sounds and music (I played it like 2 hours) just didn’t do it with me. Shots is another topic and this I like TMNT a lot and made me hesitate for such a long time. Not that I dislike it but have also no sentimental memories of the turtles. So perfect would have been a TMNT layout with gotg theme.
Thanks again for the advise and who knows what the future will bring. For now the gotg will stay which I am sure you will agree with, it’s the gotg thread after all....[quoted image][quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod

#4909 9 months ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Just picked up a new GOTG Pro! Build date Aug 2020 and as soon as it was set up, Cleland’s code was installed. Very pleased so far. Adjusted the speech to -20 and now I can hear the call outs perfectly. I prefer them to be a little louder than the soundtrack like in a movie. Already ordered a complete plastic protector kit from ULEK here on pinside. Looking forward to seeing how much it will make the plastics pop even more!
Any suggestions on any other mods?? Thinking upgraded speaker either flipper fidelity or pinwoofer. Have had both of these products in present/past pins and always enjoy the extra sound quality.
Is a shaker motor a good add on on this pin?? Loved it on my former Iron Man, but some games don’t seem to either need it or it isn’t utilized well in some games code.
Thank you!

Love my Ronan's Hammer mod from Mezel Mods. Also I added shaker and enjoy it. It's modest though, no big shaker moments just subtle rumbling when lit shots are hit.

2 weeks later
#4997 8 months ago
Quoted from uccash:

Got the Rocket & Orb plastic protectors ordered and also the 3D insert cards. What is the consensus on getting the metal scoop guard and a shooting lane protector?
And if so, where do you suggest I get them?
Or, is there any other "must-have" mods that I should be looking at?

Def get the scoop protector. I didn't have one for 2 years and side of scoop started showing wear. Just added one I got it from Mezel Mods.

#5000 8 months ago
Quoted from uccash:

You have a link for that? I just went to Mezel Mods and couldn't seem to locate it. It is not listed as an accessory under Guardians of the Galaxy (that I could see)

My bad I confused my orders! I got it from pinball life using the link just provided by C-Note.

#5014 8 months ago

Has anyone had to replace the groot jaw (not motor/assembly just plastic piece)? If so any tips on how to buy one? Marco has been out of them for months and my distributor says tough to get parts lately. I emailed Stern service and no reply whatsoever (which sadly has been my experience since proudly owning 3 Stern pins for almost 3 years).

#5016 8 months ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

How did you email them? I've submitted requests through their contact form and each time got responses within a few days.
https://sternpinball.com/support/contact-us/

Thanks. Yes, this is the form I used. Been a few days so let's see if they come through.

#5029 8 months ago
Quoted from tigerpin:

Wondering if anyone knows where I can buy the Groot Jaw part (545-9982-01) (the bash part). Mine is starting to show some wear and would like to have one on hand to replace at some point. Marco lists them but when I contacted them, they have no idea if/when they would have more available. Stern advised I reach out to Marco.
GUARDIANS OF GALAXY (STERN) GROOT JAW
#545-9982-01
Stern® GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY pinball machine Groot plastic jaw.
Reference:
545-9982-01
Weight: 4 oz
Any ideas or recommendations? Thanks

tigerpin . Did you ever find one? Marco tells me they are no longer available by Stern and Stern told me to ask Marco to order it from Stern.

#5032 8 months ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

I need one too - group buy this thing!

I have been liaising with Stern parts dept. They plan to make more but they are waiting on materials from vendors and are not currently available and have no ETA on when they will be. I let them know that there were multiple folks who needed them. I also called Marco who said they are showing as No Longer Available by Stern but have a back order for them. So keep checking Marco. Kinda stinks as this is a custom part and nowhere else you can get it.

Note that Marco did get more "Groot Jaw Assemblies" in, which based on the online description include the jaw piece itself. Even though $89 and more parts than I needed I went ahead and ordered it because it was supposed to come with the jaw piece. It came, but without the jaw piece, and Marco promptly and kindly issued a refund. So, I don't recommend buying that assembly if you are looking only for the jaw piece.

#5044 8 months ago
Quoted from tigerpin:

Update - Distributor just got back and said he now has the part from Stern and will be shipping it out as soon as weather allows.

Wow that was ironic timing! Literally yesterday Stern said they don't have them and no ETA on when they would come in. Will check with mine now. thanks

#5052 8 months ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

So I’m still new to this game (less than a week), but let me tell you my Achilles heel on this thing, aggregates me tremendously ... it’s that darn metal wire between the two in lanes to the left. I get nervous anytime the ball heads to that side, it’s amazing how often it hits that wire and bounces straight to the outline ... and that’s with the post in the closet hole. Kills me haha!

I go through Bill Disney at the Pinball Gallery in Malvern, PA. A wonderful man with a great pinball business. However I believe he works through a distributor himself although has ordered me parts directly.

#5061 8 months ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Here’s a code question - running the latest - when selecting Star Lord to play the first time - automatic multi ball - but if you lose one of the two balls the mode ends. Is this how it’s supposed to be? Or is there a setting I need to change? It seems like it should give you till the end of the timer with the second ball still in play.

The 2nd ball in your first pass on Star Lord mode is good until ball save times out...this is way before the mode timer goes out. 2nd time around its a single ball mode.

#5062 8 months ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

I’ve had this exact same situation happen on my GOTG Pro. Was so weird. I did the same and shut down the game, waited a couple minutes then turned it on again. All was fine.
Weird bug I guess.

Had my GOTG 2.5 years and never had this. I have had this sort of thing on TMNT and been told it may be due to SD card issues, although I can't confirm this. I don't think its normal though.

1 week later
#5108 7 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Is The Premium The One To Get Or Is The Pro Good Enough.
Thanks

Have had a pro for 2.5 years and love it. There is plenty of action. Over time I wished I had the Groot arms and my distributor ordered them direct from Stern and I installed them very easily. With Premium you also have more magnets on playfield but I don't see this as adding much. The Premium and LE are beautiful but I say Pro if you can get one.

#5114 7 months ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Here you go! Just saw this on facebook.[quoted image]

Thanks. I actually replied to their IG post on this and asked them to please restock Groot jaw replacement since several of us need them! They actually replied and said they'd look into it. LOL

#5130 7 months ago

If anyone from Stern is on this thread, its so great that shooter rods, art blades are back! It would be great if replacement Groot jaws could be made and provided to Marco or distributors. A bunch of us need them! Pablo at Stern was kind enough to tell me there were out of stock a few weeks back, but just want to reiterate the need here. Thanks.

#5131 7 months ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I know a lot of folks including me have been looking for these.
Back in stock!!
https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/guardians-of-the-galaxy-art-blades

I bought alternate art blades but really want these originals! Anyone have experience removing art blades? Or would you just put the new ones on top?

1 month later
#5209 6 months ago
Quoted from tigerpin:

Wondering if anyone knows where I can buy the Groot Jaw part (545-9982-01) (the bash part). Mine is starting to show some wear and would like to have one on hand to replace at some point. Marco lists them but when I contacted them, they have no idea if/when they would have more available. Stern advised I reach out to Marco.
GUARDIANS OF GALAXY (STERN) GROOT JAW
#545-9982-01
Stern® GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY pinball machine Groot plastic jaw.
Reference:
545-9982-01
Weight: 4 oz
Any ideas or recommendations? Thanks

Has anyone been able to source a new Groot jaw recently through distributor? Still sold out on Marco and a few months back Stern had no ETA...but they are making new GOTG so there must be some jaws lying around...just curious

#5212 6 months ago

THANK YOU! Did not know of this company or that they had this and other great products! Wow, I will be buying one and several other cool things!

1 week later
#5243 5 months ago

Are these jaws really breaking? It seems like a really beefy piece. I mean mine's not that old and already has some paint fade but if it really bothered me I could just repaint it at some point. That said I have a stern pirates as well where the bash toy is no longer purchasable and can break over time from the hits and don't wanna be in that spot again. If these things are also breaking it'd be a good idea to get another

mine had a hairline crack across the middle horizontally which has begun very slowly chipping away more deeply. Probably would be fine for another year but been looking for the replacement part for awhile.

#5244 5 months ago

Turn the trough eject down to the lowest setting. I do that on all my games even the ones with cliffy's as it hits hard by default.
Speaking of cliffy's, what about the scoop protection? I heard it messes with the ball trajectories in a negative way but I can definitely seeing that needing protection.

After my bare scoop started wearing down I bought the scoop protector. No issues whatsoever with trajectory (at least for me) and had highest cores and best games post-protector.

#5245 5 months ago
Quoted from C-Note:

Pinball life has the scoop protector. https://www.pinballlife.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-scoop-protector.html It makes it slightly harder to hit the scoop because of the small lip on the protector, but the edges on mine were already getting worn when I put it on so I think it’s good to have.

Agree the protector is needed. After 2 years definitely had wear around the scoop. for me the protector did not change ball trajectory, perhaps ensuring it is really firmly in place/flush with PF or slight bend with needle nose pliers would help if you are having trajectory issues.

1 week later
#5271 5 months ago
Quoted from Rengozu:

Here's my machine. Only thing left is to figure out how best to mount the Groot arms and wait for my package of black Guardians themed side rails. Loving the brightness of how much all the neon protectors make this really pop.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Art of pinball has mounting brackets for the Groot arms. I actually just made some out of PETG that I bought on Amazon for $9 with a box cutter and it works like a charm and since clear they don't block view of the orbits. Mounted them to PF with screws (using existing holes) and then used double sided tape to mount the arms to the brackets.

#5309 5 months ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

Installed the type 12 speaker light kit and a 5” LCD screen in the apron with an on/off toggle switch inside the coin door.
[quoted image]

That Yondu pophead is badass!

#5330 5 months ago

The fact that there appears to be no relief for the motor if the ball gets stuck while the mouth is shutting could play a part. It's really easy to get a ball stuck when in multiball at least for me. Happened again to me tonight while in cherry bomb. Looked up and the mouth was partially closed with a ball in it that I could not dislodge with another hit. Motor sounded off for a bit after that but then cleared up. It has to be the motor making the grinding sound.

Sorry to hear this and not sure about the sound. Have had my GOTG 2+ years and no issues with Groot motor. Although balls often get stuck in his mouth during cherry bomb as you noted. When this happens on mine it seems like his mouth pulses every 10-15 secs and the ball usually then dislodges. As discussed in a prior thread though the jaw does have a hairline crack and I am going to replace it with the new jaw from Little Shop. That's been my only issue so far sorry can't be of more help.

#5341 4 months ago
Quoted from bajm:

Yes, stern is still producing these and you can get the head (and chin) thru your distributor. The chin is $30 and the head, I think was around $130 (not quite sure b/c I was just looking for the chin). That should give you ballpark.

I was able to buy a chin for $30 3 weeks ago on art of pinball/Little Shop of Games. Marco specialties also has the full motor assembly but they do not have the entire head. Yeah distro may be able to get it but recently Stern did not have Groot parts in stock (hence my buying the after market jaw).

1 month later
#5423 3 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Great feedback. Thank you. Any opinion on Stranger Things vs. Tron in the home environment?

I own GOTG (Pro) and STh (Premium). We are huge fans of both themes. Have had GOTG for over 2 years now and honestly its now the theme that's keeping it here. It's fun to just step up to and bash and enjoy the music and fun after a day or work. Was our first pin so we may never get rid of it. So having only owned STh for a few months I may be biased but I'd say it has more lastibility. Deeper code, more strategy on going for TI or Demo modes etc. So for me its STh...

1 week later
#5465 3 months ago

A very happy customer here with awesome new mods for STh and GOTG! Wizmod customer service was super responsive to a few questions I had. Item shipped within 5 business days. As with some other folks here, item was with US customs in Miami airport for about 2 weeks (no fault of Wizmod!). Honestly, it was worth the wait! These Wizpanels exceeded my expectations and really give the game new life (never realized how big and bare those speaker panels were before and a great place to add art). Thanks, WizardMod I'll be back for more in the future)!

WIzmod-2 (resized).jpgWizmod-1 (resized).jpgWizmod-3 (resized).jpgWizmod-4 (resized).jpg

#5483 3 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

No it doesn’t block the view like the ones on the premiums these are made shorter they look great there is a video on utube on them being installed

Agree. I added the official Stern Groot arms not the mod arms (I got from distro but Marco has them too). I cut out my own mounts out of PETG (super easy and cheap). Doesn't block view and adds a ton of character!

#5488 3 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

He is saying that the stern arms block not the lighted pinball mods ones.
I have a set of them if anyone is interested
80.00 shipped

My Stern arms don't get in the way in my opinion, but I understand why some chose the mod.

#5503 3 months ago
Quoted from Master_of_Trolls:

Were your Wizmods magnetic or a peel and stick (and, do they muffle the sound from the speakers)?

Magnetic and no muffle that I can notice

#5511 3 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Here Here!! It’s pretty awesome looking. Make sure you don’t drop it on your playfield it weighs a lot

its beautiful. Does it open and close or anything?

#5550 87 days ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

That’s exactly why I purchased two of them. They will eventually be out of stock and not made any longer I assume

totally agree

#5558 86 days ago

A strategy to blow up Immolation Initiative is to aim for the Hadron targets! My son will call out which ones I need to hit and then you can keep relighting add a ball and ball save....so fun! Have had GOTG over 2 years now and over 6 billion in II alone! Enjoy folks!

#5607 82 days ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Are you getting the cliffy protector for the scoop from pinball life? My topper from mezel mods will be here tomorrow hopefully. Hopefully hear some news from Melissa from cointaker that the game has shipped.

Have had GOTG for over 2 years and I highly recommend the scoop protector. The edge of my scoop started showing wear and then I added it on top.

4 weeks later
#5940 53 days ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Magnet issue is back again. The washers worked for a week. Now back to just slightly flinging the ball towards the left outlane.....smh.

Yes did the washer fix too but the true fix for the magnet is to clean and wax the PF...did this for awhile but no longer really care about the magnet. LOL.
Still love the game after 2 years especially because of theme and cleland code.

#5955 52 days ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Yeah great game but being NIB I'm still pissed this is a thing. And want it fixed.

Yeah I get it...although being an owner of Stranger Things Premium I would say this magnet issue is a blip. STh need to be heavily dialed in and managed...but its still a GREAT game. DOn't let the small stuff get you down....enjoy!

#5981 49 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

He aint lying about stranger things wow. I have an LE and have spent MANY hours dialing that shit in and it still isnt perfect, but the game is great. Thank god for chuckwurt helping out in that thread.

Haha yes totally agree and Chuck Wurt is a saint! By the way we live way too close to each other not to have done a trade yet! 20 min drive! My mother-in-law lives down the road from Haddonfield.

#5982 49 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ok after a full day of having this machine and everyones input im getting better. Just got to Cherry Bomb for first time and got 593m. What are "good scores" in this game? 1b? 1.5b?

Had mine 2.5 years total (less a 6 month temp trade)...took 6 mos at least to break 1 billion...but now GC is 16 billion.
The key is Immolation Initiative. You can BLOW UP Immolation Initiative and stay in forever endlessly getting monster jackpots. Keep getting Hadrons and re-lighting ball save. Much higher scoring opportunity than Xandar. It's such a fun game just never gets old for us and we love the theme.

1 week later
#6004 42 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Its a tough game IMO. Been focusing on getting groot multiball and orb multiball along with modes. You can make groot multiball last an insane amount of time by putting more balls into the lock.

you can keep relighting orb over and over by using Hadrons to help complete rounds of shots. Orb values are also much higher than Groot and if you lock balls in Orb during Orb MB you multiply the jackpot. Again, your billions upon billions will come when you reach Immolation Initiative! If you get frustrated you can also increase your Hadrons so you get 4 or 5 each time vs 3.

You will all get there soon! Took us a good 6 months to crack the game and now can get deep on demand (and we are only average players). Just need to get muscle memory on the shot geometry!

#6005 42 days ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Bought the speaker panel magnet from wizard mod last night. Looks sharp can’t wait to get it! Anyone else have these? What do you think?
[quoted image]

Yes I have it and love it and also got one for my STh.

WIzmod-2 (resized).jpg
#6006 42 days ago

Also I HIGHLY recommend the green LED lighting from Mezel mods (or some people DIY) for the back ramps behind backboard. It adds a ton of character! You can see in my photo above with the Woz Mods.

#6010 42 days ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I have it but never hooked it up. You have any pics available how you did it? I got freaked out when I had to remove rubber around one of the GI ‘s? And gave up. Sorry still feeling my way around this stuff.

I believe the instructions are also on Mezels website. It was soooo easy.

#6012 42 days ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Issue with the Orb shot on my GOTG Pro I noticed tonight.
The game starts with the Orb drop target down. It looks like it "tries" to pop up, but it won't. When I hit the orb shot the same thing happens, it makes a subtle sound but it doesn't catch or register as a shot.
Any thoughts/ideas?

Wonder if the Orb standup target switch in the back of the orb lock or orb is stuck in the "active" or "on" position? Sometimes its just a matter of minor adjustment to the switch. Worth checking in the active switch test menu. You would just got into active switch test and see if it is registered "on" and then press it to see if it triggers. On Stranger Things my demogorgan wasn't registering hits. Thought it was the optos but in the end it had to do with the switches for ramp being down were stuck in "on" position. Minor adjustment to switch with needle-nose fixed it. Could be another issue though.

1 week later
#6066 30 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Anyone installed the metal scoop hole protector sold by PBL? Before I jump into it, any issues or things to look for I should know about?

Yes do it. Had my Pro 2 years before this and the wood started chipping a bit. Easy install just take your time and must have.

#6086 25 days ago

The code update allowing left plus start button to end game came after last available Cleland code update. Since 1.08 isn't allowing him to update, if you are on his last code you can't restart the game this way. While I really do want this option for restarting I just live Cleland code too much.

#6106 19 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Man this game is frustrating me. Its a lot like when I got my TMNT. That game really got to me, made me angry. Maybe Im not a borg guy! I dunno....Need to give it some time off and get back to it. Iron Maiden coming this week so itll give me some time off!

Give it time. I felt the same way with this game at first as well as TMNT. This has been the game in our collection the longest. The outlanes aren't nearly as brutal as TMNT in my opinion at least over time.

#6107 19 days ago
Quoted from ArgosySK:

I have been a Guardians of the Galaxy (Pro) owner for a few years.
Occasionally the 1st time Quill is played. It is only kicking out one ball and the mode ends as soon as the ball save is done.
Has anyone else had this issue and is their a fix?
I have searched the forum and didn't see a solution.

I have had this but its only if I have Hadrons lit and if I start hitting them as soon as mode starts. Otherwise hasn't happened for me after 2+ years

#6153 15 days ago
Quoted from izzy:

Thx, I'll try bending the forks and checking the coil stop first.

This worked for me on my Deadpool, AIQ and TMNT...just pressing fork together a bit helped. I did slow mo videos and what happens is if the forks are off a little the ball doesn't shoot straight and bangs around the shooter lane slightly slowing it down.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daddymand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside