IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cyberkryten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1909 5 years ago

Not played the latest code, but my son and I put a load of ££ into a machine on location. After going through various starting modes, we settled on starting Quill first to get the 2-ball multi-ball. It seemed like a no-brainer to start with a free multi-ball when you're feeding cash into the machine, but from the fact no-one else does it, I'm guessing we've missed something...

1 month later
#2257 5 years ago

Just joined the club with LE #256

Using standard 1.01 at the moment, some of the voices are a little odd, so I may switch to Cleland's and give it a go.

Very different to my SM and currently struggling to adjust to the shots being so different.

1 week later
#2341 5 years ago

Has anyone had issues with the ball disappearing for quite a few seconds on launch? Most auto launches it goes up there for 2-3 seconds, occasionally it sits at the top for far longer (usually when I only have 10 seconds left to complete a mode!).

On ball start i can short plunge a bit, but after a lock into Groot it is really annoying.

Machine is level left to right and set at 6.6deg pitch - do I need to make it steeper or is something missing/wrong that should cause the ball to drop towards the pop bumpers rather than vanish off at the top of the machine?

Video of what is happening here as that's easier than trying to explain further:

1 week later
#2402 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Just got the game This weekend. My magnet is not grabbing the ball when it falls out of the drop target. I tried adding some washers underneath but it is still not doing anything. My only thought is that I have my playfield pitched steep and the timing is off.

On my LE it varies. It seems to divert the ball on Groot multiball spit out.

When it drops a locked ball from the Orb lock then again it just diverts it - its been fine but the last couple of days, often straight down the left outlane My magnets aren't tight underneath the playfield - I can push the about 5mm towards it - not sure if that's correct or an issue?

During Orb multiball, it does 'spin' the ball around at times - grabs it and whirls it round in a circular motion before flinging it. I've even had it fling a ball OVER the flippers during multiball when it smashed two balls together.

#2420 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Adding washers to bring up the magnet cores closer to the pf worked wonders on mine, and others too, balls get grabbed every time from orb and flung up ramps during its active time . I love m

You mean holding the magnets tight to the underside of the playfield so you can't move them - mine have some play, so as they are I can push them closer to the underside of the playfield, then when I let go they drop away a few mm again

2 months later
#2798 5 years ago

I finally got around to adding washers to the magnets on my LE as brilliantly shown by MapleSyrup in post #2129 from Tungsten78 instructions.

WOW! It makes a huge difference. Exits from Orb lock now grabs the ball and spin it around every time and the deflections in Orb multi ball are now crazy.

Thanks for such a detailed set of instructions and photos - made it really easy for a novice to do!

#2807 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

What size washers?

I used three M5, 15mm diameter x 1mm thick washers on each magnet.

As has been said, the diameter really doesn't matter. On mine, two left some play so I added the third and the magnets really grab every time now.

1 week later
#2842 5 years ago

I quite often go for Sanctuary as the first mode.

Then if I complete it, all good. If not, I use the rest of the game to practice shots, catches and control.

(Can never seem to hit the damn scoop shot when I need to, get so many 'close' bounce outs, so its quite good I often get to practice!)

1 month later
#2978 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

thinking about joining the club folks, Pro or Premium?

On my LE the full RGB lighting looks really good when in modes and also in attract, the three magnets grab and divert the ball really well (if shimmed closer to the play field) and shaker is pretty well used, plus spinners are useful scoring in some modes. I think these are worth having, but not sure if they make it worth the extra £££.

The opening Orb doesn't make much difference really and you either love or hate the Groot arms. Really don't notice the moving Rocket figure as it fires the ball at you so fast there isn't time to notice him move!

#2991 5 years ago

I've only just realised that the triangular signed cards on my LE at the bottom of my playfield should be illuminated.

Looking at the manual, these both seem to be on Lamp #277 along with the rest of the lower play field GI so I don't think its an issue with Node Board 8 (but I disconnected and reconnected the connector CN15 anyway which made no difference).

It seems that both come off a single connector to the loom (see pic) - I've disconnected and reconnected both sides of that (both connectors are female with a male-to-male joining piece inbetween.

I'm not sure what to do/check next. Its possible both LEDs are faulty (but probably unlikely), should I just connect up a spare LED to the pins on the joining piece and see if that works? Can I measure for a voltage across those pins (and what am I looking for).

Are there any other connectors/joints I may have missed? Node Board 8 is at the top of the play field so the wires run down the table but there are loads of wires so its hard to trace (but I can't really find any breaks).

Connector which feeds LED (resized).jpgConnector which feeds LED (resized).jpgGI 277 Test (resized).jpgGI 277 Test (resized).jpgLED under panel (resized).jpgLED under panel (resized).jpgPanels not lit in red triangles (#277 test is on) (resized).jpgPanels not lit in red triangles (#277 test is on) (resized).jpg
#3001 5 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

I've only just realised that the triangular signed cards on my LE at the bottom of my playfield should be illuminated.
Looking at the manual, these both seem to be on Lamp #277 along with the rest of the lower play field GI so I don't think its an issue with Node Board 8 (but I disconnected and reconnected the connector CN15 anyway which made no difference).

Spent a while going through this earlier, connected a spare LED on the output of the lower playfield connector and it worked fine, which meant it wasn't the main loom which was a relief.

So I took off the top cover and found that where they'd cable tied the LED board to the post, when cutting the excess cable tie it had sliced right through the LED feed cable. Put a joint block to connect the two halves and both the LEDs are now working

Cable joined back together, LED works (resized).jpgCable joined back together, LED works (resized).jpg
2 months later
#3191 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

So did the washer fix for the magnet, and nothing changed. So I raised the incline, nothing changed. Is there any other fixes for this?

Is the magnet working at all? The washer pushing the magnet tight against the playfield made an immediate and massive difference to all three magnets on my LE.

Have you tried with the glass off and moved a ball around over it to see if/when it is doing anything?

4 months later
#3731 4 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Why does Quills quest kick me out of the mode before the timer has run out?
It appears to go through a countdown hurry up for points and then end the mode before the mode timer has completed?
Is this a code problem?

The first time you start it, you get a two ball multi ball. When you drain one ball and go back to single ball play, it exits the mode. Subsequent starts don't give you the multi ball and will run for the duration.

In earlier code, the mode kept going, but I assume they tweaked the risk/reward as it was pretty much a no brainer to use Quill.

2 weeks later
#3776 4 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

Most games I get the 4 done but then can not hit the scoop on command to start the CBMB. I have gotten 6 of the 8 events completed and both multiballs. Getting really close to the Save Xandar mode.

I've no idea how many times each game I miss the scoop for mode starts, but its probably my least reliable shot on the game.

Not good when it is so important and there's nothing worse than draining the last ball with Cherry Bomb flashing away, probably a good job there's no "Cherry Bomb MBALL Qualified" audit to compare against the CBMB Started one!

1 month later
#3958 4 years ago

Just wondering if anyone knows how the topper works. Does it have separate signals for each mode?

Reason I ask, is I've picked up a picture with five characters that has production cells from the film of each of them and I've got this CRAZY idea that I could build a five section light box to mount it onto so that as I select a mode, it lights up that cell from behind.

Will be much easier to just mount it on a traditional lightbox, tied into the Lutron lighting system so the whole thing lights up when I select 'Pinball' but seemed like it might be an interesting project if I can find the time and the feeds are available...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,495 (Firm)
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cyberkryten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=cyberkryten and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.