02C29596-8D9F-45CF-A4D6-F14F32BC24FC (resized).jpeg
C4F67A97-9F58-44BF-A448-A0F0EADF4737 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
CB1C13EB-438B-4AA6-8C13-7C5BEF0A9F8B (resized).jpeg
2FDCD1AB-2855-4153-BA87-AAC70A0B41CD (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 picture of optional gold side rains. Posted by Blacksun (4 years ago)

Post #2129 magnet fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (4 years ago)

Post #2448 hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (4 years ago)

Post #5401 Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (1 year ago)

Post #5668 Important information about Node board changes in later runs. Posted by TrixTrix (1 year ago)

Post #5685 Firmware required for new node boards! Posted by Peanuts (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cartman5579.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1842 4 years ago

Hello all, new here! Been following this thread for a while now and tried really hard not to buy, but with everyone raving about the new code lately I bit the bullet and grabbed an LE. Since it will be a couple weeks till it’s delivered, and that it’s my first and will be my only pin, I would like to grab all the mods for it that are needed now. I understand that the ULEK protectors won’t work on the LE? So now I’m planning on Ronan’s Hammer, Do not use Gantry sign, but other then that I know nothing about protecting the playfield or anything else. If anyone has some advice, I’d appreciate it so I can get some stuff on order. I’d like to get the topper now too since they made use of it finally. I’d like to get the Cleland sound mod, but I don’t completely understand if I can add it on top of the .95 code or not. Anyways, glad to be here and I’ll try to keep updating here as I get things in place. Very excited to get my own pin finally!

#1847 4 years ago

And do you know where I would find the plastic protectors for the LE? I didn’t see it on ULEK site? Also I can’t find the cliffy shooter lane protector on his site either.

1 week later
#1985 4 years ago

It’s really slowed down in this thread. My LE will finally be here on Tuesday. Vacation day from work is necessary Ended up grabbing the topper and baby Groot shooter knob to boot.

#2031 4 years ago

Got my LE set up today and I love it. Couple things though, I’m also having the orb drop target problem where it doesn’t drop even after a few ball clears... frustrating to say the least. Also, is it normal for the ball to come out of the right orbit and always activate the right slingshot before it hits the flippers? I’m getting a lot of cheap drains where it drops out of the orbit, and the sling pushes it straight down the middle. So if the orb drop target would work most the time and the orbit would drop it onto the right flipper instead of the sling, I’d be a happy camper.

Overall, loving it so far other then those issues. The ramps and scoop are tough to hit though. Not an easy shooter at all.

#2042 4 years ago

Pulled out the side wall just a hair and now most of my orbit drops miss the slingshot. So good fix on that one. Orb drop target is still not dropping all the time, I’ll work on that one another day I suppose. I’m very tempted to turn the mode select back on when starting a ball, but it feels like cheating I’ll keep working on that scoop shot. I just wish there was a consistent method to hit it.

#2043 4 years ago

One more little gem... Orb Multiball on the pre/le is so so great. Having all three magnets grab and divert balls all over the playfield is so much fun. On the pro I was playing on location I was always going for Groot, but I like Orb a lot. I still haven’t completed 4 modes to get to Cherrybomb, but I wonder does it utilize the magnets as well?

#2050 4 years ago

Anyone else’s left ramp return (to the right in lanes) sitting unlevel? Maybe this wouldn’t bother me so much if I knew it was just the nature of the beast and they weren’t always perfect. Hell, it is just formed plastic anyways, right? But it does bother me. I probably wouldn’t notice as much if the flasher on top didn’t sit lopsided. Pic looks better then in person

BEAE62A4-F815-4415-BC69-5C9B48BB7160 (resized).jpeg

#2052 4 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

My left ramp returns to the left inlanes.
Yours must be horribly warped.

I see what you did there ... my bad

#2055 4 years ago

Ok it’s really making it unenjoyable that I get timed out of modes because the orb drop target won’t fall. I’ve loosened the spring, I’m scared to remove it as then there is nothing to pull it down. Is it possible this is a glitch in the code?

#2058 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

Loosen the screws on the latch (the small bracket thats closest to the small coil),don't remove, wiggle it towards the adjustment , forward and back,to help it latch.
Retighten

Ok, I did loosen all 4 screws, but there isn’t any play in the bracket as far as back and forth goes, tightened them back down while pushing it as far toward the playfield as possible, and haven’t had it stick on me yet in about 10 games. Hopefully that’s a permanent fix.

Also, like everyone else, I’m about 40 games in and all of a sudden my magnet is not grabbing, but just deflecting the ball. Doesn’t bother me at all, but something seems to be going on with everyone’s magnets after breaking in the game a bit. Wonder what’s doing it.

#2060 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I am making an orb protector that incorporates 2 protectors into 1 plastic protector:
1. Protect back left corner (much thicker) and overall plastic protector
2. Incorporates the "upfront" protector that is sold at Pinballife
Also, you can slip in the metal bracket that Stern sends out as well.
I am making a few for myself.
IF anyone else is interested, ping me.
-cpr9999

I’ll send you a pic of the metal wall when I get home tonight. Sorry I didn’t do it yet.

Also, pointless for me, since my orb plastic was broke by an air ball on day one.

#2064 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Thx in advance for posting pictures.
Do you have the front protector which helps stop airballs? That is the reason for incorporating both.

1BE5B0E1-D926-49D0-A802-080F118E1A0D (resized).jpeg

#2065 4 years ago

Best score I’ve had so far. Didn’t get to Cherry Bomb, was 1 shot away in Rockets mode from CB . But had a 150m Orb MB so I suppose that made up for it. Really loving this game. I got the orb drop working every time, and the orbits are perfect. Everything on mine has broke in very nicely with a a few necessary adjustments. Really enjoying it now.

One thing I did notice is that although there is an Antiqueties 2 mode, there are no shots coded for it yet.

3D987532-3241-4A78-BDB9-EA026EF4294A (resized).jpeg

#2066 4 years ago

Added the PinStadium lights, looks great.

79E28D23-AB80-4CC8-A933-790BFF7EB2DC.jpeg

#2068 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

nice gonna order mine. did you order the uv flasher and where did you connect it to?

Yeah, UV looks great. I attached it to the middle of the playfield, directly above the Guardians Logo. I had it on the one in the behind the Orb drop target first, but that one blinks non stop, it was driving me nuts

Here’s a pic with the flashers

D2B5B040-0269-48D2-82C7-7BCCCA392A68 (resized).jpeg

#2072 4 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

The reason the drop target wont drop is because the magnet is a little to far away from the bracket to pull it in so the drop target won't fall. By putting a washer under each screw pushes the bracket closer to the magnet. At least on my game.

Forgive me for being a novice, but if you ever have the playfield up again, could you snap a pic of the screws you’re referring too?

The only screws I’m aware of on that bracket are the 4 on the backside that hold the spring in place. I’m probably confusing you more by even talking at all. A pic would help if you get a chance.

#2081 4 years ago

Nice! Love that Groot moves his mouth with the speech now!

Anyone know how I can get a complete 1.0 img file instead of the stick update? Mine came with .73 and it was corrupt, so a usb update won’t fix it. I’ve been using the .95 sound mod file instead but don’t want to overwrite that one. So if anyone can provide a 1.0 img file that I can write to a new card that would be awesome

#2085 4 years ago

Played a few games on the new code. Wow, I love the update. Besides what they’ve done with the Groot mechanics, the scoring seems better. I’ve owned it for a week now and have never got to Cherry Bomb, new update and I get there on my second game. 466mil when my prior best was 225. Hate the voices still, and boboli bobo needs to go...

#2088 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any owners able to put a video up of the new code? Hopefully deadflip streams this new code ASAP!
New code sounds great, a lot of the stuff I have been hoping for before buying now to decide pro or premium!?

Best I can do for you with an iPhone lol

#2091 4 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Why not just make a copy of your .95 coded SD card?

All set now, found an .img of 90

#2103 4 years ago

Yeah, wow bonus scoring is very screwed up.

#2107 4 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

Updated to 1.00.0 last night. Couple things I noticed that I'd like to see if anyone else has.
1) Is there any audio to accompany the REPLAY video (the piece with the ship and the retro 80's font that says REPLAY)? That part is totally silent for me and seems like it should have some sort of audio.
2) I've posted this before, but seems like it is just my machine. Just before Groot "talks" his mouth stutters open slowly, possibly something binding mechanically or an end of travel switch not working. Then he'll close his mouth, then finally say "I am Groot" synced to the sound (which is awesome BTW). It's like my Groot has a bit of a speech impediment.
Other than those little things, new code seemed great. I've had my Pro since Christmas and I've been very happy with the steady flow of updates.
-RF

I have no audio with Replay either, totally silent so it’s not just you.

And I think your Groot mechanism is definitely binding somewhere. Should be an easy fix as that mechanism is pretty open from underneath. Shouldn’t have an issue seeing the problem.

#2112 4 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

So, is this code update safe to install or is the Bonus scoring all screwed up and wait for the patch?

Single player game is fine other then some audio bugs, but the multiplayer is a mess scoring wise.

#2137 4 years ago
Quoted from raycasual:

Then you are a better man than I, sir!

I closed my post on day one. That gap is awful on the stock setup!

#2140 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

there are 2 holes for the post. factory is closer to the backglass it is more open. removing the post and bringing it closer to the player closes the gap. there is a nut on the bottom of the playfield. remove nut and pull out post and put it back in the hole towards the front of playfield. you might have to push the post out with a small phillips screwdriver it might be in there tight.

Yep, this!

Also, added the two washers bellow the magnet core for the orb drop magnet. Damn, that thing grabs hard every single time now. I might do it to all the magnets now just to get them all working that well during Multiball. Thanks for that tip!

#2152 4 years ago

Just to be clear, it’s unnecessary to push the magnet itself closer to the playfield. It won’t make a bit of difference. But putting a couple washers under each one of the magnet cores to get it pushed up further absolutely makes a huge difference. Just makes the magnet work the way it is designed too. With the core dropping out of the coil, it’s just not as strong.

#2233 4 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

The spinners on the Premium/LE are cool too. The Pro doesn't have them.

I love the spinners on my LE till I’m in Antiquities and the shaker goes crazy when I hit the orbitz

#2237 4 years ago

Best score I’ve had so far, 4 modes complete with Orb, Groot and Quill progress. Only my second time with Cherry Bomb Multiball. Getting a lot better now that I’m actually learning to dead flip. I was blowing a lot of shots.

A6B54DBD-84EE-451F-8372-85A919EA8B49 (resized).jpegAB3FE7EB-AEA4-485B-9B33-89F893CB85C7 (resized).jpeg
#2268 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

More
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/267117940
Can’t recommend this video enough. Jack blows the game up. Really helps understand the game.

Damn, he lit it up! So I’m assuming he actually completed Save Xandar since it just started over without draining? Or is that a timed mode?

#2293 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Seen some folks say GOTG is a pretty easy game in game recommendation threads. Man I don’t think so. Is it just me?

I personally have yet to make it to immolation or save xandar, so I think it’s quite difficult. Those outlanes are killers

#2323 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Wanted to spice up the lower right scoop plastic. Was looking to create the "line-up effect" from the movie. I made a prototype of clear, then experimented with different color acrylic and different color Comet matrix lights. Ended with the light green acrylic lit from below with a strip of natural white. I 3D printed a small base in black to block the strip light. I wanted to make sure it was still easy to read the sign and like that it's a little see through. When the sign LEDs light, it actually brightens the letters.

Yes sir, I’m in if you sell them! Looks great!

#2344 4 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

A few of you said you were interested. I have a couple right now in light blue as I thought this would be the winner. I actually preferred the light green but I will have to have some more of these made.
I can get you a price for just the transparent piece and the bottom light guard (black looks best), if you already have your own matrix parts, light strip and screws (the screws need to be longer for the bottom as it's now thicker than stock).
I can also get an all included price, if you want me to send you everything you need. This will just take a little longer and cost a little more as I have to order parts from Comet.
Any preferences? PM me or post...

I sent you a PM

1 week later
#2364 4 years ago

Can anyone direct me to a new replacement orb plastic? Mine cracked on day one before I ordered the protector and I’d like to replace it. Thanks in advance.

#2383 4 years ago

Did a couple maintenance things today and while I had the glass off decided to wipe it clean with a little novus 2 and a novus wipe. Wow did that ever change the gameplay dramatically. It’s now lightning fast, ramps are easier to hit, and my orb magnet, which was working pretty well, all of a sudden grabs the ball super tight every time. My first thought was I must have rubbed off some of the clear coat, but that wouldn’t have been possible as it was just a quick wipe down, then I went over everything with some novus 1 just to clean it up. I highly recommend doing this even though most everyone’s games are newer. Amazed as how much better the game plays. Anyways, rant over.

#2387 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I’ll still be ready when all your Novus amazement wears off
That is great though. Novus is my middle name.

Haha, sounds good.

Quoted from pinballinreno:

I would hope that you applied some pure Carnauba wax after you sanded the surface with the Novus 2 abrasive treatment!
Continual cleaning with Novus 2 will just remove the clear coat.
It's a rubbing compound not a wax and will not protect the clear coat from fogging.

Yeah, I know it’s abrasive, but certainly not taking anything off with one quick wipe down. It did pick up a ton of coil dust and oils so was definitely needed.

#2396 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Just use Novus 1 for that kind of cleaning.
You would use 2 or 3 on really old games, to get scratches out.

Good advice! I’m gonna try and order some Klasse based on Swampfires recommendation.

#2452 4 years ago

Still only 547,000,000 at my top score. And still never got to Xander or Immolation. This damn game... lol.

I did get the this bad boy installed though, it’s amazing! Thanks again hd60609!!!

FC128435-7678-45C1-9944-15C458F5BAFC.jpeg
#2459 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Cartman, hurry up and beat the darn
thing, we are inside four weeks now until my Michigan visit

yeah that! Tell the game to let me win, then it’s all yours

#2467 4 years ago

I’m struggling a little with my right orbit and it’s making things a little unenjoyable, wondering if anyone else has this problem. Probably 50% of the time I hit it, it grabs around the first pop and juggles around only to come right back to my right flipper. It’s happening even if I hit the orbit smooth, it’ll just stop as if it’s hitting something, but I can’t for the life of me figure out what changed. If nobody else is noticing this I’ll probably break it down, cause it’s grabbing out of the ball launch as well, right around the same spot. I’m guessing something got hit and jarred at some point.

#2475 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Use hand to roll ball with glass off to experiment and take video for us? Certainly has to be hitting something. Probably need to bend a rail.

Will do, yes seems to be the rail on the backside of the pop that’s catching it up. Quick fix, not sure how that happened though.

4 months later
#3041 3 years ago

If anyone is interested in Pin Stadium lights for GotG I have a brand new set with invisishields, PM me. I sold my Pin and have a set I never installed. Has the UV Glow option. If not I’ll put them up in the marketplace.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 189.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crestview, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murphy, TX
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cartman5579.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!