CC493B02-84E6-4E3B-84E7-1CF75C357E8E (resized).jpeg
IMG_1655 (resized).jpg
0D21B462-3197-421B-B3CA-F11664F8AB23 (resized).jpeg
29AF4292-868A-4AA2-9F08-80F3E76D0172 (resized).jpeg
0CEC5B12-8D32-4646-9491-CB87F2B2C8BD (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 picture of optional gold side rains. Posted by Blacksun (3 years ago)

Post #2129 magnet fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (3 years ago)

Post #2448 hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (3 years ago)

Post #5668 Important information about Node board changes in later runs. Posted by TrixTrix (78 days ago)

Post #5685 Firmware required for new node boards! Posted by Peanuts (77 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider broman90.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5272 5 months ago
Quoted from Rengozu:

Here's my machine. Only thing left is to figure out how best to mount the Groot arms and wait for my package of black Guardians themed side rails. Loving the brightness of how much all the neon protectors make this really pop.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! I hope I get mine looking like that someday. Where did you get your scoop protector?

#5292 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Can’t decide if GOTGLE is to go to make room for Mando..
It’s a tough choice..
[quoted image]

Gosh this looks fantastic. But I'd personally trade out munsters.

#5293 5 months ago

Officially in the club. Hoping I'll be spending more time moding and enjoying the game than fixing groots mouth.
20210511_093343 (resized).jpg

#5297 5 months ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

Installed the type 12 speaker light kit and a 5” LCD screen in the apron with an on/off toggle switch inside the coin door.
[quoted image]

Nice!

Looks like you have pinstadiums in there? How much do you honestly think they add to this game? In my EHOH I kinda thought it was a little too much.

1 week later
#5320 5 months ago

My friend that has a barcade has gone through at least 4 motors on groots mouth. Not sure why this one seems to go bad so often.

#5327 5 months ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Of course if you got the right round ones it might be more of a contest.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)
[quoted image]

These do look nice, but gotta be the square Deluxe type 12 speaker lights from speakerlightkits.com on just about any game. Just ordered mine for my new guardians and can't wait to light them up.

#5338 5 months ago

Anybody have one of the mezel mod vine dome cover mods for sale?

#5352 4 months ago
Quoted from red-line:

Anybody have thoughts on ULEK vs laserrific plastic protectors? Early in this thread, someone mentioned that ULEK is acrylic and laserrific is something softer, so the ULEK would break easier. Not sure if anyone else can speak to that, or to the aesthetics of each.
Another question, as I'm about to buy a NIB pro - what do you guys pay for NIB? MSRP?

I paid $5800 NIB delivered to my door with no tax.

1 month later
#5424 3 months ago

Can you pinstadium users share some more in depth photos or videos of them in action on guardians? Also what you have triggering the flasher.

On the fence for this game, would appreciate some honest feedback from users who have already done it.

#5426 3 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

We have an le, pinstadium not needed , my opinion. Plenty of light in this game. They are a great add on for other pins

Thanks for your thoughts.

#5432 3 months ago

Thank you all. I think youve all made the answer clear for this game.

1 week later
#5480 3 months ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

BallyKISS1978 I also can provide you my faster mix GOTG Pro music mix based on clelands version
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"c1d25cf1a471aaa412a7eadf077ebcef413b3459-1626401009-1800"};
//]]>

I'd be interested to know what songs your version features.

#5513 3 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Just a quick note on the HookedOnPinball ORB mod for a GOTG Pro. I have seen alot of various mods for various machines, but this one is different. This is a deep production unit. This unit is made of cast metal and designed for this specific use. It was custom built to fit and look like a factory item (actually BETTER than the factory would have done). The brackets and installation bits are included, the detail is shocking, and everything you need is right there. Can't wait to install it. A bit pricey, but when you see what you are getting, worth EVERY PENNY of their price!!! (I have no financial/vested connection to HookedOnPinball, but wanted to share their outstanding efforts with other GOTG-Pro owners none the less)
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1070-hookedonpinballcom/02302-guardians-of-the-galaxy-pro-orb-cast-metal-replacement
[quoted image]

Anybody who already have this mod installed have a before and after picture?

#5517 3 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I didn't want to laugh at this, but I did.

I'm 3 states away from my game and was hoping for something more helpful but I guess he's not wrong.

#5525 3 months ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Your topper is going in the mail this morning. I just picked it up from the powder coater yesterday afternoon. You should see it by early in the week.

My wife bought me the topper a few weeks ago for my birthday. Absolutely love it and it's much better quality than I was anticipating. Thank you.

#5528 3 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Awesome! Did you get the illumination for it? That was nice of your wife to do that for you. Can you post a pic?

Yup. I actually like it most with the slow rotating rgb. The colors blend great with this game.

20210724_101559 (resized).jpg20210724_101608 (resized).jpg
#5532 3 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

That looks great. Can’t wait to get mine and my pin. Does the newer made pros come with a cliffy protector for the scoop?

Mine is a March 2021 build and it does not.

#5556 88 days ago

Very nice game. Personally I need to look over the rulesheets so I don't panic next time I get into one of the wiz modes. I have the main modes down pretty good, but get to the wizards so infrequently that I get excited and have no idea what's going on

1 month later
#6044 36 days ago
Quoted from wbloss:

Ok, got confirmation that the one available is from the latest run so I'm guessing with the newer 1.08 release. You all talk about the modified code from cleland and I was excited about that, but absent of that upgrade, do you all still think it's worth it? I'm a complete newcomer and reading on here about all the modifications you've all made its making me a bit nervous. Were you happy with the stock game and just liked to tinker or were the mods necessary improvements? Thanks again, really appreciate everyone's comments.

I bought mine not because of the Cleland code, but because I loved the game. After adding Cleland it still took me a little bit to decide for sure that I was going to keep it, probably in part because I had played it so many times with the Stern code in the past.

Great game, I would still always play a game before buying, but I'm sure you'll be happy with it either way.

1 week later
#6093 24 days ago
Quoted from Master_of_Trolls:

Does anyone know of a third party GOTG Topper?
Mezel Mods has one that is, well ... okay, and I might consider it if I can't find anything else.
Naturally, I would love to have an OEM Stern Topper but haven't seen one posted in a while.
Tilt Topper and Laseriffic have nothing for GOTG.
If anyone knows of something else out there, I would be grateful for the info. Thanks.

Only decent one I found was the mezel mods topper. Ended up getting one and I think it looks better in person and actually really like it. It is also RGB which I didn't realize when I purchased. Pretty good quality powder coated 2 piece metal topper.

20210724_101559 (resized).jpg
#6095 23 days ago
Quoted from Master_of_Trolls:

Thanks BroMan90! Your reply pushed me over the edge. I'm going to go ahead and order one. I do know that photos on websites don't always do products justice. Hearing that it looks better in person was probably all that I really needed for me to give one a try. I have the Tilt Topper for Jurassic Park and it looks way better in person than it does in their photos.
Well, off to Mezel mod's website!

When I bought it I couldn't even tell it was made with metal. I was expecting cheap plastic but was pleasantly surprized.

1 week later
#6160 17 days ago

No shaker on mine, and have never played one with a shaker. My JP right next to it I put a shaker in right away.

I guess I'd be on the 'not necessary' band wagon.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider broman90.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside