IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bailorgana.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4455 3 years ago

Fellow Ravagers:

I am having an issue with the magnet on my pro. I found the info on adding washers and did that. The magnet is working, however, it doesn't grab the ball fast enough after the orb drops it. I can nudge it to safety most of the time, but it sure would be nice if the magnet pulled it to the left in lanes like in every other game Pro I've played on location.

I am running Cleland code 1.06.

Thanks in advance.

3 weeks later
#4467 3 years ago

Well I'm at a loss... My orb just keeps dropping the ball straight down the middle. I added washers to the Ronan magnet and I got a wider post sleeve from Cliffy, it did nothing. Does this have to do with the Cleland code? The magnet doesn't seem to activate on time. Like it fires too late.

Help

2 months later
#4558 3 years ago

Just curious, what is your mode strategy? I've only been able to get to Immolation once, and my final score was surprisingly low. Lower than if I get to cherry bomb.

#4565 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

No, but if you have Hadron Enforcers you can complete the mode without hitting Rocket. The key is to NOT hit the Groot shot.
1. Collect a few shots from the lanes.
2. Use HE to collect shots until only one is needed. This will leave Rocket AND GROOT lit for the last shot to complete the mode.
3. Collect the Groot shot.

Wow. This is the first time I have EVER heard this!

1 week later
#4589 3 years ago

Fellow Ravagers, Groot needs your help!
Has anyone had Groot need to do 2 ball searches before starting multiball? I'm thinking its switch related, but I'm just checking to see if anyone has experience with this before I start rooting around... it was happening to me almost every time on the 2nd go round (4 balls locked) but now its happening on the normal 3 balls locked version too.

1 month later
#4680 3 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

Maybe it knows that last ball has reached Groot only because it broke the laser that is in front of his mouth, but then it can't find the ball in the trough? Can you try to replicate that using your finger to just break that beam without feeding the ball into his mouth? For that matter, anyone on here could try that.

I don't think that is right, because there are many times the ball breaks the optos but doesn't make it in the hole when I play.

For the record, I have the same issue. I tried cleaning the optos in the groot lock with a Q-tip and reseated the cables and it stopped doing it for a few days. It started again a couple days later though. The issue is intermittent for me and oddly, it doesn't change between 3 or 4 ball MBs. I'm wondering if the opto boards need to be replaced?

#4681 3 years ago

Does anyone know where to get a set of Stern blades? I can't find any.

#4689 3 years ago

Thanks for the link (https://pu-parts.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-inside-art-blades)!!

I just emailed him. Asked if I could get multiples to distribute to the Ravagers here.

#4690 3 years ago
Quoted from C-Note:

Has anyone had the issue where hitting the drop target launches the ball airborne? I could have sworn I saw someone else with this issue in the thread, but can't find anything.

Get the plastic protector for the orb, it also prevents these airballs.

1 week later
#4726 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

if not I'd be happy to order them to the UK and then send them onto someone in the US.

Haven't heard anything yet.

1 month later
#4789 3 years ago

Has anyone installed an LED BACKBOX LIGHTING KIT in their pro?

https://cointaker.com/products/stern-led-backbox-kit

Curious to see video... my friend has something similar in a refinery star trek pro and its pretty cool.

2 months later
#4966 3 years ago

Stern should officially sell a mod to add spinners.

1 week later
#4989 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I think mine really grabs 1-2 seconds like 50% of the times the ball coming from the Orb. In 40% it doesn’t really grab it for 1-2 seconds but really alters the path. In the remaining 10% it does a kind of bounce like the magnet is a post and most of the times ends in the left outlane .....
Can be sometimes frustrating.

I recently purchased post sleeves from Titan. I bought 2 Stern Purple, 1 Stern Red and 1 Standard Red. The Standard Red on the the right side of the orb drop target has increased my magnet catches to almost 100% (item = CS-POST-RD). I previously had purchased the cliffy sleeves from Pinball Life and they just didn't have the same kind of softness as the Titan Silicone. I can't recommend Titan enough. While you're at it, get some slings and some flippers. I really like the look of the glow in the dark flipper rings combined with the Laserific green colored sling plastic protectors.

1 month later
#5137 3 years ago

Per an old request, here is my pro with colored Titan post sleeves. Additionally, I recently received the Orb mod from Hooked on Pinball and plastic protectors for my Rocket and Pops from Laseriffic.

image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpegimage4 (resized).jpegimage4 (resized).jpegimage6 (resized).jpegimage6 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#5176 3 years ago

So I've had my game about a year. Couple things I can't quite dial in.

1) GROOT MULTIBALL DOESN'T START IMMEDIATELY. Sometimes the mb won't start until the 2nd ball search. I got all new carbon balls from Titan. They aren't magnetized. The optos are clean. There are no test issues. I can't figure out WTF is up with this.

2) LAUNCHER FIRES WHEN NO BALL PRESENT. Sometimes, in multiball, the trough doesn't get a ball to the launcher but the launcher fires anyway. Maybe its the switch in the lane? Switch works but maybe it goes off too easy? Problem is, when this is at the end of the MB, sometimes you don't get your ball, the mb times out and your mb is over when it shouldn't be. It isn't the end of the world, but I'd like to get rid of this issue.

2 weeks later
#5223 3 years ago

AIQ
WOZ
WH2O
IM
DP
TWDLE
TMNT
Xmen

I'd get rid of TWD, TMNT or X-MEN in a heartbeat to get a GOTG.

1 week later
#5250 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

https://vineripesoftware.files.wordpress.com/2021/04/ezgif-7-e8e7a33aa8f7.gif
I keep getting this on boot up at least once a week. I know for a fact I wasn't touching the machine this time. A reboot fixes it but odd none the less. The gif wouldn't work uploaded here and I can't figure out how to embed it. Anyway that's what it is doing

This is a known bug, apparently was in all the Stern code pre-jukebox. They are aware of it, but don't feel like it is worth sending out updates at this time for such a small issue. Just power cycle and it goes away. It happens on mine every once in a while too.

1 month later
#5396 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Has anyone started seeing NIB GOTG machines arriving from Stern factory? I have one on order and was told to expect likely delivery of "July". Has anyone seen a recent build GOTG machine arriving recently?

Two guys in my league here both got one quite a while ago already. I thought the new run was already done?

2 months later
#5971 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Still haven’t gotten Cherry bomb after almost a month of ownership . Do you have a certain route you take with the modes? There are a lot of shots I still can’t make and only get them randomly. Best I’ve done so far is 306 million .

I usually start with Antiquities Shop or Yaka Arrow. After those, I move to Pod Chase if Groot is almost ready. I try to use Groot MB to complete Pod Chase and then Orb MB to complete Sibling Rivalry.

Side note, if you save Quill's Quest for 4th mode and complete it, the complete shot will launch Cherry Bomb. So sometimes I like to do that.

10 months later
#6513 1 year ago

Quick heads up, I found this by accident when I happened to be at DCA yesterday. $14.99 in the shop at the end of the ride and I assume in EPCOT as well. It's gonna make a really nice mod. Great detail. There are two other ships as well. Their ship at end of GOTG2 and a Nova Corps starfighter.

https://www.shopdisney.com/milano-die-cast-vehicle-guardians-of-the-galaxy-cosmic-rewind-475125541279.html?isProductSearch=1&plpPosition=undefined&searchType=autosuggest-popular&siteSearchTopProduct=1

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#6522 1 year ago

2 1/6'' x 5'' x 2 1/3'' from the webisite. I like the way the NCC-1701 is placed in Trek Premium/LE, I'm going to try to order that support and then put it on the right or left over a ramp, most likely. Where the smaller mod goes usually. But it would look pretty bad ass there in the middle too!

9 months later
#7985 11 months ago

This game has so many cool mods. I wonder why nobody ever made a better looking Rocket with an LED that lights up in the gun?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,495 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 19.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bailorgana.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=bailorgana and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.