IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aukraut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#523 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

So is the rumor true? Is there going to be a code update today? Anyone have any inside info?

It would make sense....Launch Party weekend!

...but then again it didn't make sense to release it with that original code either...

1 week later
#644 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

LE #15 is in the house..
Now the countdown till Christmas for the kids to open!!
It is killing me!

Nice!! At least get the latest code downloaded and ready for the opening......

1 week later
#837 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Has anyone thought of doing EL wire on the ramps? I know it's a typically a "Tron" thing but I was thinking that purple or maybe orange would go well with the GOTG theme. My only reservation is I never really liked the look of all the zip ties holding the wires in place. if only there was a more elegant mounting solution.

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Tron uses Fiber optic ramps, not EL wire.

The fiber optics can be held by non-destructive metal clips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=V9V0jn2EaK8

#842 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Do you know where to get those clips?

PM TimeBandit , his redshiftLED website has these as part of their TRON ramp kit

1 week later
#971 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Two reasons why the left drain will ALWAYS be much higher:
1. The ball save feature is a right outline feature. Check the audits on how many times this was used and add it to the right outline drains.
2. Shooting Groot will put the ball in danger on the left side almost exclusively. As long as its a Groot fest, this will be the case.

Forgot one:

3) All metal inlane/outlane dividers on the left

1 month later
#1277 6 years ago

Played a bunch of games on a GOTG on location at Bumpernets here tonight on the latest code. Nice improvement over the previous release, scoring does seem more balanced that before, with Groot MB not bringing as much as before and Orb MB increasing in points. Overall thought scores were definitely down during play tonight. However it still needs more, saw some insert lighting at time that didn't make sense, including the right outlane SAVE light flashing and letting a ball drain that way anyway.

2 weeks later
#1313 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Shots are super tight on this game - right ramp, rocket .
Scoring a bit unbalanced.
That said had chance to play one that was next to POTC and SW.
It was the most fun of the 3 to play.

GOTG is a fun shooting machine, it has some GREAT shots both short and long, all over the playfield. Played it in league last night, love that part of it and the way it looks. It's a beautiful pin!

...but....and here comes the dead horse beating: the code.......

#1324 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

In the .87 code update ORB multiball is the money maker.. Groot is not the only shot.

Agreed and confirmed on the 2 GOTG Pros at our league location.....

#1364 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Okay, you just lost all credibility with me by claiming it's worse than WWE!

I believe he was talking about the initial code, and not the overall game.

#1367 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I really want to replace /modify the sight blocking flasher flaps over the outlanes asap, so I have the new right ramp almost ready, and the left is coming along shortly.
What are your thoughts , improvement or wasted time ?

Hard to tell until installed........

I usually prefer wireform ramps myself as the plastic ones show age & dirt, but the ones on GOTG don't bother me that much.....

#1374 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Hey Guys,
We broke our main orb plastic. Our distro has informed us that this is not covered under warranty and single plastics are not available, and we would need to buy the complete kit. We can repair it however would prefer a new one. I would highly recommend getting the plastic protectors for orb and Rocket (pinball life) for this game.

I'd contact Stern directly, as Stern now makes a metal protector for this with the numerous reports of breakages.

2 weeks later
#1563 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I rated this way low because it sucked bad. Now it's tolerable. This is the code it should have shipped with. The other code was horrible. It's now a very okay game, but that's saying a lot.

That's good to hear, especially from you as you have been one of GOTG's biggest critics on here. I love the way GOTG looks and shoots, it just needed some solid code....looking forward to trying it, it's been on & off my wishlist 3 or 4 times!

1 month later
#1920 5 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

If u have rebuilt your flippers changed knode boards what else is left ? Change the pcb will yeah ? Just makes common sense

It can be software related, especially if the bus traffic is overwhelming the connection between the main SPIKE 2 board and the node boards. As the SPIKE 2 main board is issuing commands/interrupts onto the network bus if they are sent and/or interpreted incorrectly to the node boards problems like this are very possible.

#1922 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

So, question:
I haven’t played the last two updates.
Originally, it was Groot all day. (Crazy groot scoring)
Then, it was Orb all day. (Crazy orb scoring)
With the latest code, is everything all balanced out?
I’ve always liked GOTG to play, and would like to get a pro at some stage when it’s all balanced out.
rd

To blow up the score it's now Cherry Bomb all day .....although to get that you have to complete 4 modes with the help of multiballs to get there.

#1925 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I don't know that you can say "Cherry Bomb all day". As you said, it takes 4 complete modes to make available. That certainly doesn't happen in every one of my games. Also, it's not repeatable. I would counter that with "Immolation all day". Those points dwarf CBMB.
I think the scoring is getting very balanced. The fact that CBMB has big points available is a reward for making it through 4 modes. It's a mini-wizard mode after all. The previous points from Groot and Orb were just unbalanced. They were not difficult to get and could be done over and over and over.

Oops, forgot to add the winky smiley face....agree with what you said, it's definitely more balanced than before.....although bonus still doesn't amount to a hill of beans...

3 weeks later
#2113 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

So, is this code update safe to install or is the Bonus scoring all screwed up and wait for the patch?

Let's put it this way: Stern pulled it off their website......so no!

11 months later
#3665 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Make sure to grab one - before they are gone! Protector your orbit plastic which tends breaks on back left side with out it!!!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-gotg-orb-airball-plastic-protector[quoted image][quoted image]

Is this the same for Pro and Premium?

#3679 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I would like to buy some original groot arm if they serve for the professional

Quoted from mannymasy:

Does someone sell their arms?

They are in stock at $80 each at Marcos

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-9987-00

Keep in mind there are differences in Plastics to accommodate the mounting of these between a Pro vs Premium

#3682 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Thank you, I thought you were out of existence

Yep, still around....once I get my JJPOTC sold I’ll be on a hunt for a GOTG Premium of my own!

1 month later
#3812 4 years ago

24 hours from now I will be *finally* picking up a GOTG Premium.....stoked!!

1 week later
#3839 4 years ago

Never did like any of the Instruction/Free Play Cards I found out here for GOTG, so killed a little free time this morning. All are 300 dpi, sized 140mm by 75mm, and even made a special cleland one....enjoy!!!

NOTE: My printer printed them a touch large, so you may have to do a 1-2mm of trimming depending on your printer.

GOTG Free Play Card.jpgGOTG Free Play Card.jpgGOTG Free Play Cleland Card.jpgGOTG Free Play Cleland Card.jpg
GOTG Instruction Card.jpgGOTG Instruction Card.jpg

Added over 5 years ago:

See post 3879 for updated and corrected cards.

#3855 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Love scorecards - Wish I could alter the PSDs to make them slightly more legible. Yellow text is impossible to read without drop shadow or contrast.

TechnicalSteam Sure thing, which one looks best?
GOTG Instruction Card Color Samples.jpgGOTG Instruction Card Color Samples.jpg

Added over 5 years ago:

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3856 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ghosting the backgrounds 20% would help with legibility, too.

PinMonk I can try that as well:
GOTG Instruction Card - 80percent.jpgGOTG Instruction Card - 80percent.jpg

Added over 5 years ago:

#3859 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Red/Yellow looks okay, but with or without ghosting it needs a drop shadow or outline for legibility on the letters.

Agreed, I’ll play with applying drop shadow on the text parts. Got League Tuesday night, so it will probably be Wednesday evening before I get a chance.

#3861 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I wrote an email to stern to buy a replacement of the drop target orb mechanism, they answered me quickly and they told me to write to a US distributor to buy the replacement, I'm from Spain and I do not know any distributor from the United States. What can I do? Thank you

Marco and Cointaker are both US distributors among many others that offer internet sales, contact them via email. Pinball Heaven in the UK may be able to help as well.

#3866 4 years ago

Alright, did the instructions cards over with dark shadows, once in Yellow/Red, once in Blue Red.....like the way the yellow/red now pops and is easier to read:

GOTG Instruction Card - Blue:Red.jpgGOTG Instruction Card - Blue:Red.jpgGOTG Instruction Card - Yellow:Red.jpgGOTG Instruction Card - Yellow:Red.jpg Added over 5 years ago:

#3869 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

both look really good ! thanks for doing this, my only tweak suggestion is to try a darker blue more of the shade on the playfield or cabinet not sure if it would be harder to read though
I like the prev multicolor one as well maybe with the shadows?

Sure thing! Tried a darker blue, it was very hard to read.

I'll play around with the multicolor hopefully this evening.....

#3872 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

These are really nice, thanks! I printed the instructions card using "original size from DPI" settings and it is about 3/16" too short compared to a regular card. I think it could use a bit more border as well and the red is harder to read in print than on the screen.

Interesting....when I printed them 100% on my computer they are about 3/16" too long. I had to print at 95%. I guess the disclaimer is that printers will vary.....

Here are a couple more variations based upon earlier feedback. The Cyan one matches my Premium apron perfectly!!!
GOTG Instruction Card - Cyan.jpgGOTG Instruction Card - Cyan.jpgGOTG Instruction Card - Multi.jpgGOTG Instruction Card - Multi.jpg

Added over 5 years ago:

#3878 4 years ago
Quoted from SonicZone:

These custom cards look fantastic!
Really hate to say this after you've run off so many variations but I believe I've spotted a typo (pretty sure it should be "MODE") . . .[quoted image]

DAGNABBIT!! I went over it numerous times to make sure a typo didn’t sneak in!!! Oh well, I will fix that this evening.....sorry about that folks!

#3879 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

DAGNABBIT!! I went over it numerous times to make sure a typo didn’t sneak in!!! Oh well, I will fix that this evening.....sorry about that folks!

Alright, typo has been fixed, dark shadow added to the Free Play Cards. Here they all are again in one post....Once again, you may have to adjust the print size percentage a hair depending on printer.......Enjoy!

GOTG Free Play Card.jpgGOTG Free Play Card.jpgGOTG Free Play Cleland Card.jpgGOTG Free Play Cleland Card.jpgGOTG Instruction Card - Cyan.jpgGOTG Instruction Card - Cyan.jpgGOTG Instruction Card - Multi.jpgGOTG Instruction Card - Multi.jpgGOTG Instruction Card - Yellow:Red.jpgGOTG Instruction Card - Yellow:Red.jpgGOTG Instruction Card -Silver.jpgGOTG Instruction Card -Silver.jpg
#3883 4 years ago

Installed my new shooter rod last night, courtesy of Super Skill Shot Shop:

IMG_7002 (resized).JPGIMG_7002 (resized).JPG
#3896 4 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

They're a pretty matte finish. Not fully matte like the legs on the machine, but certainly not a high gloss of any sort like the playfield. They're the Tilt Graphics GameBlades from modfatherpinball.com.

Quoted from J-Freeze:

Perfect ,thank you.
Since I can't find the stern blades, I'm trying to decide on one of the other styles available but definitely want a more matte finish like the stern blades.

I've put those exact ones on 2 weekends ago. They look perfect. I've bought both Stern and other TiltGraphics art blades before, and it would not surprise me if the OEM for Stern is TiltGraphics. They are identical in finish and quality!

#3902 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

My deluxe speaker light kit should be here today!

It's awesome, the value and quality is phenomenal!!

#3904 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Does it change color based on the actually play or just random?

The speaker lights operate independently from the pin. The video shows the "attract" mode of the lights, where it cycles thru all the different pattern/color combos. I ended up choosing the following chase pattern colors for my GOTG, it matches perfectly:

GOTG.jpgGOTG.jpg
#3916 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Got my speaker light kit, apparently my game shipped with no service outlet or Bill validator connector, seems odd, every other spike 2 pro I've had has had them in there. Just a piece of white tape over the spot the outlet would be in.
Don't know what I'm going to do now, was really looking forward to seeing them in action.
Gave up on the speaker kit and played a couple games, Made it to Save Xandar!
I guess thats some consolation.

I'd contact Stern and get them to send you the missing cable, for all they know you may be putting a validator in to put in on location.

2 weeks later
#3970 4 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

So last night I lifted the playfield for the first time to move the right outlane post down and noticed that the playfield is not on any hinge, it just sits on top of a rail with no safety slots and is easy to pull off.
Is this something that all new sterns do, I am really confused as this seems dangerous. There is no way to lock it in an up position or even keep it from sliding of the back of the rail like with my Bram Stokers Dracula and TMNT. Am I missing something?
Also that post is a pain in the butt to move down.

Welcome to Stern pinball machines......been like that for a long, long time!

#3972 4 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

Ugh, seriously. My other machines are almost 30 year old and work far better. This is crazy.

Actually, it's not that bad, you get used to it being unhinged. Just like the lockbar clamps, which work better in keeping the lockbar secured and much cheaper than any lockbar mechanism.

Now, do make sure that yours has the safety rails installed. Just the playfield support posts alone (which Stern did for a few years) was a PITA!!!

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-pinball-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-spike-spike-2-machines.html

#3975 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

hi Guardians owners, a small ask :
i like/enjoy the PRO version without a doubt...
now, focusing on gameplay and gameplay only, what's the deal with the PREM/LE ? in this case seems there's absolutly nothing !?
tanx

Spinner is added to both outside orbit shots. Besides that there is no gameplay difference. Everything else is purely cosmetic and visual.

2 weeks later
#4040 4 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

This is what I have so far from Mezel Mods I was only able to choose Premium on 2 of the 4 protectors so hopefully that means it doesn't matter on the other two?[quoted image]

That right orbit protector in your cart will only work on a PRO, it will not work on an Prem/LE without serious modification to it. Don't ask me how I know......

2 weeks later
#4111 4 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Checking in to see if the following is/was a common problem and how to resolve it. I just upgraded to 1.06. Upon power cycle after code was installed, on new start up the screen just keeps flashing initializing/start up. Won't move past it. Thanks for any help.

I’d redownload the update and try to reinstall it. Sounds like something got corrupted.

1 month later
#4194 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

My ghost busters which is less than a-year-old just started resetting with a new code update. it was Perfectly fine before I did the new code install last week now when you get deep into the game it resets. What do you think

This is a Guardians thread and not GB, but I would suggest to redownload and reinstall the code update.

#4196 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Thanks, that’s what I was planning on doing. Sorry for the intrusion. Was looking for someone who had reset issues with code updates. Thanks again

You're not intruding, it's all good....you just may get a more applicable response in the GB thread

#4213 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

If money isn't an issue the Premium is still a pretty good deal on the secondary market, if buying new I'd suggest going with the Pro unless you plan to keep it for a really long.

If you are looking to buy NIB then Pros are all that is available, Premiums are NLA with Stern and I got one of the last ones back in June...

1 month later
#4263 4 years ago
Quoted from zbroad84:

I just picked a GOTG pro up. Been loving playing it. I just put in a custom translite. What do you guys think?[quoted image]

Honestly?? Not feeling it, Franchi's artwork on the original translite is pretty stellar.....

2 months later
#4339 4 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Have not had the glass of more that 3 or 4 times but tonight I added light up buttons and now the board over star lord is dragging on the glass. Anyone have this happen? I made sure the playing field is all the way down but still doing it.[quoted image]

There is a bit of adjustability in that signboard's mount assembly, so it can hit the glass if not installed correctly. Had that issue when I replaced it with the translucent green mod version...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
$ 25.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dow, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aukraut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=aukraut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.