IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atlpb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#188 6 years ago

This game is crazy fffaassttt, fun and hard. I believe the loud minority bitching about callouts/clips in other thread(s) are silly geese that weren’t going to be happy no matter what. I’m very pleased and pleasantly surprised by GOTG so far overall. It plays like Irontallica. If you like either of those games there’s a strong chance you’ll love this. Missed shots are punished quickly. It’s pretty too. Movie callouts would be cooler no doubt but it’s not a huge deal as an operator and won’t be huge to me when I have it home either.

Also- I have a shaker installed since game one and haven’t noticed much integration yet.

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Of course it is fast cause it is BRAND NEW!

Ha. No, not only reason it’s fast. I understand brand new pin fast, you’re not wrong- but this is different. The rocket teleports the ball and successful ramp shots are back on a flipper before the insert lighting effects can catch up. It’s truly quick. Also, the R ramp and orbit lock are a little closer to flippers than on Met, as well as the R scoop. Game is a blast.

#197 6 years ago

Chris Pratt, Groot & co, on loc. Guardians doing very well in first 2.5 days. Great license theme. And I think pinheads will come around more so than on most recent Lonnie games.

03B15410-9FFD-457B-9F8F-D67EF8E9F73B (resized).jpeg03B15410-9FFD-457B-9F8F-D67EF8E9F73B (resized).jpeg

1F46DF54-1431-4699-B580-5E3DC61C30E4 (resized).jpeg1F46DF54-1431-4699-B580-5E3DC61C30E4 (resized).jpeg

D9DD17A4-7F4A-49CF-A1CA-9BB4C48BC4CC (resized).jpegD9DD17A4-7F4A-49CF-A1CA-9BB4C48BC4CC (resized).jpeg

#259 6 years ago

agree with shot stuff so far;except my take is that the GOTG mystery scoop (mode select/upgrade/eb/etc) is much easier than the CIU/EB/mystery on metallica.

the orb shot is dramatically more dangerous than the snake.
the rocket is dramatically more dangerous, and harder than the graveyard.

put a lot of time in on my GOTG yesterday, the speed and fast drains make it feel much more like iron man than it does metallica, regardless of layout.
code is nowhere close to done, and stern knows it and is working on it. right now it is absolutely start a mode and start groot mb. orb/rocket risk-rewards are nowhere near where they need to be to entice player to attempt them.

6 months later
#2357 5 years ago

I want to buy a Prem/LE within <3 hours of Atlanta. Bueller? Bueller?

#2385 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

Did a couple maintenance things today and while I had the glass off decided to wipe it clean with a little novus 2 and a novus wipe. Wow did that ever change the gameplay dramatically. It’s not lightning fast, ramps are easier to hit, and my orb magnet, which was working pretty well, all of a sudden grabs the ball super tight every time. My first thought was I must have rubbed off some of the clear coat, but that wouldn’t have been possible as it was just a quick wipe down, then I went over everything with some novus 1 just to clean it up. I highly recommend doing this even though most everyone’s games are newer. Amazed as how much better the game plays. Anyways, rant over.

I’ll still be ready when all your Novus amazement wears off

That is great though. Novus is my middle name.

#2394 5 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

My observations... Pro model...
My magnet has only actually "grabbed" the ball a few times, and released it. I assumed it does not grab the ball like Whiplash in Ironman, and hold it before releasing.
It does divert the ball path very frequently and successfully, to my dismay. I thought the diversion and randomness was by design. Also, the latest code does not seem to sling the ball down the left outlane as frequently (to my delight).

Same experience here on my Pro. Diverting more so than holding.

#2411 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I was honestly a little worried with all the bad stories you read on Pinsid

Don’t read too much.

#2450 5 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Finally in the club. Got my ulek protectors and shaker motor installed. My first nib and it was almost surreal opening that box and seeing how beautiful this game is and how lucky I was to have one. Hard to believe it's right here in my basement. Blast to play and just over the top for me.

The colors on the game just explode and are stunning in person. Congrats! This is what it’s all about.

#2458 5 years ago

I’ve used Pinball life shakers on 10-20 SPIKE and SAM games & never had a single issue.
-
Cartman, hurry up and beat the darn
thing, we are inside four weeks now until my Michigan visit

#2465 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

This is why I offered this version via your request, which is awesome, everybody likes things differently. But, Escape Kyln in the movie has both Hooked on a Feeling and the Pina Colada song when he gets his walkman back, which is why I combined those two songs for that mode. I never do anything random, there is always thought behind what I do. There's also only so much I can do with the limitations of song lengths etc.....
I'm gonna take a little time for the next couple of weeks to smooth out some things for 1.02 including some sound bytes from Vol2 that make sense and add variety and are not just jammed in there for the heck of it.

Can’t wait to get one of these home where I can hear it.

#2470 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

I’m struggling a little with my right orbit and it’s making things a little unenjoyable, wondering if anyone else has this problem. Probably 50% of the time I hit it, it grabs around the first pop and juggles around only to come right back to my right flipper. It’s happening even if I hit the orbit smooth, it’ll just stop as if it’s hitting something, but I can’t for the life of me figure out what changed. If nobody else is noticing this I’ll probably break it down, cause it’s grabbing out of the ball launch as well, right around the same spot. I’m guessing something got hit and jarred at some point.

Use hand to roll ball with glass off to experiment and take video for us? Certainly has to be hitting something. Probably need to bend a rail.

#2485 5 years ago

Uretha- you’re certifiably insane, please keep it up!

#2495 5 years ago

Someone sell me their Prem/Le already.
My 2018 buying spree isn’t complete until I have a GOTG Prem/LE for home!

2 weeks later
#2595 5 years ago

1) my GOTG pro is for sale, haven’t had chance to properly list since it is at my location.

2) I’m picking up an LE in less than a week from another awesome pinsider. I swear I’m counting the hours. I can’t remember being this excited for a machine. I have access to basically every pinball machine, esp modern ones; and all I really want to play is a GOTG Prem/LE with full RGB glory.

Can’t wait to play some LE at home and hear Cleland’s work.

#2597 5 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Busting balls is fair. I kinda pissed off a few people. But on a serious note how far would you say the code is now? Almost done? In need of a lot of TLC? Pristine?

Almost done. I’m a broken record on this- it’s NOTHING like it was in November, Nothing. Well, Sure it’s still a big expensive toy...

#2620 5 years ago
Quoted from twista22:

I have been thinking of selling my premium and trying to get a LE because I love the back glass way too much

Oh. My. God. It’s stunning in person. Picked mine up yesterday and it was my first time seeing the LE backglass in person. I couldn’t believe how amazing it looked.

#2641 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I had been wanting to spend time on AS, GOTG and Star Wars, so that's what I did at Pintastic before opening. Something about Star Wars I really liked, has to be the fastest pin I've ever played.
GOTG was a big surprise, it reminded me of the point and shoot rules found in X-MEN and played incredibly smooth and was a really nice looking pin.
AS I want to really like, but it felt like something was a miss, can't put my finger on it. It's fun, but I wanted to love it, and I haven't yet. Perhaps more time on it is needed. I really enjoyed the play and depth to the other two though.

One man’s opinion. I’ve played all the new pins extensively. AS doesn’t even belong in the conversation with SW (a must have pinball machine and one of the best ever) and GOTG (a fantastic gorgeous machine that’s extremely accessible). IMDN also dwarves AS. Or “pwnz” it depending on your generation.

Also- I’ve had the polarity issues with light strip mods too, extremely likely to be the case.

#2647 5 years ago

My modded LE in the wild in my now truly ridiculous comic lineup

7E70A801-31A0-4DE0-B65C-C75B83DB0DAD.jpeg7E70A801-31A0-4DE0-B65C-C75B83DB0DAD.jpeg991982FC-A31F-4F41-A994-2382C4D4D61E.jpeg991982FC-A31F-4F41-A994-2382C4D4D61E.jpeg9BDC498F-B4F8-40E6-A9B2-5D42CE3EEBB8.jpeg9BDC498F-B4F8-40E6-A9B2-5D42CE3EEBB8.jpegA90BF44E-7E46-490F-81A7-B56733197046.jpegA90BF44E-7E46-490F-81A7-B56733197046.jpegE3E8D54A-2AB6-45EC-A484-3ED50E919C11.jpegE3E8D54A-2AB6-45EC-A484-3ED50E919C11.jpeg
#2649 5 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Great grouping! I enjoy bling. Something about nice looking games, tastefully modded, all in a row... Love to know if the play time is 20% on each of these vs more time on certain games...

It’s almost directly proportional to how new a game is to the establishment and also in general. So when a new title is newly there, it dominates. So right now Iron Maiden Premium is still king. My GOTG pro was always 2nd or 3rd place since Nov. The LE upgrade will likely give it a slight uptick since the topper, armor, shooter rod (baby groot, yes it makes a difference with kids) and flashy RGB lights draw juuust a little more attention.

After having this LE, I will always get the full RGB version of any title that has it available. Doesn’t sound like much on paper, but wow.

#2677 5 years ago

Those crazy scores come from not necessarily order of modes but from having successful multiballs in same ball with single shot multipliers at 3x 4x + etc and stacked with rampage double scoring.

11b and 12b is zany regardless of how game is setup, that’s like robotic accuracy and you should be competing professionally if you’re not already.

I was Orb Mb super jp away from qualifying Xandar yesterday and “only” ended up with 1.3B. My cherry bomb and immolation both sucked apparently after seeing the other scores here.

#2678 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I think I have earned my right to finally unbox my iron maiden, and try to beat that !

Will be very interested to see how you like IMDN after playing GOTG heavily. I’ve had all versions of both machines, I like GOTG a *lot more* than Maiden (esp GOTGLE). Sometimes I feel like the only one . #maidenHysteria

#2702 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I scored a 1,5 bil game, then 3 games below 20 billion.. one 8 . This is because I stupidly decided to start those games with escape kyln for a laugh.. wasnt funny!
Then I just picked yonda, like usual, then knowhere, finished both and had groot ready, stacked that with kyln. Because I had plenty multipliers lit by then, I decided to cash in safely with quill multi. Didnt last long.. picked off antiquities with orb, which left me ready for cherry.
Made that with an 879 bil and just shy of 2 bil total.
Started playing quill solo, managed to complete it, and started groot together with nebula. I somehow find her ramp the hardest shot.. go figure.
Didnt complete it, and had two shitty house balls due to mag orb releases out the left.
Last ball, nebula, sibling and both mb’s to complete.. I thought this wont get me there, so decided to go for immolation, hadnt done that before.
Made it by the skin of my teeth, and somehow just kept hitting what I needed.
Came out with a sjp which I missed scorewise, but I was just under 3bil total.
Allright.. sibbling left to finish, and I did but as I celebrated I lost control, and it dropped out the middle grrr..
But....I was revived.., I had collected a score EB somewhere, not sure where, 8 mode completion maybe?
So, both mb’s to complete.. played both twice, so far along but both on 0 lock.
Groot first, just 5 shots, and done. Drained to 1 ball. Orb.., 9 shots.. and I made it once again, feeling like a pro now.
As I hit the super , I drained to 1 ball, the scoop lit purple , and I hit it clean.
Game paused, and looked like it was going for add-a-ball, and I thought.. noooo, ( first time for that) , but it changed its mind and started up the screen xandar intro.
I just kept hitting the right shots, reviving MB every time, and got a 1,3bil sjp at the end.
Anti-climax when you start over again with nothing lit, so I let it roll, mission achieved!
I’m selling my LE now, superb game, but I know the challenge is gone for me now. Time to fully seriously dive into new stuff. If Maiden is better, who knows..might unpack mine now. gotg is good and deep enough for most, I can only recommend it as a fun family game !
Sorry for the long story

Great story, don’t apologize. Someone over there is gonna get an awesome LE. If you can figure out a way to get Mummy card consistently in Maiden you’ll beat that too in no time.

#2729 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Did you call stern and see if you can send some pics to them to show the damage and get replacement ramps?

My man DF has it. Always call Stern before typing on the inter webs.

#2743 5 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Decided to get off the fence and just picked up a new GOTG pro this week.
[quoted image]

The fence is no place for a pinballer

1 week later
#2768 5 years ago

I also routinely delete or dim down (frosted) backwall bulbs where it makes sense. Like lermods did, don’t be afraid to simply pull them. His products/instructions/support are good too if you want to spend a couple bucks and improve upon the stock experience.

2 years later
#4747 3 years ago

Can anyone help me trouble shoot my LE orb mechanism not working properly? For starters a short vid of a close up of your “scissors / spring / motor” working in test mode would be amazing. Apologies if this has been covered, if so, please point me to.

I think I’ve been having physical clearance problems and that caused my driver board to go bad- which I already replaced, but I see now it might be that I need to bend or physically adjust something (MAYBE). Thanks in advance.

The manual isn’t much help and can’t get phone support with stern during pandemic- fair enough.

-KG OG GOTG lover and operator.

1 week later
#4766 3 years ago

Attempt #2 fellows- help a brother out!

Looking for series of pics or short vid of both the groot mouth motor and the orb motor.

Can anyone help me trouble shoot my LE orb mechanism not working properly? For starters a short vid of a close up of your “scissors / spring / motor” working in test mode would be amazing. Apologies if this has been covered, if so, please point me to.
I think I’ve been having physical clearance problems and that caused my driver board to go bad- which I already replaced, but I see now it might be that I need to bend or physically adjust something (MAYBE). Thanks in advance.
The manual isn’t much help and can’t get phone support with stern during pandemic- fair enough.
-KG OG GOTG lover and operat

#4769 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Attempt #2 fellows- help a brother out!
Looking for series of pics or short vid of both the groot mouth motor and the orb motor.
-KG OG GOTG lover and operat

Nothing? No pics/vids of the orb mech or groot mouth mech under the pf?

#4774 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

thanks, that’s obviously in up closed position... any chance of a few angles in down position?

Bonus points if it is blurry.

Also need orb just as importantly.

I’m wondering if I have a node board problem

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,495 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atlpb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=atlpb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.