IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RetroGamerJP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#526 6 years ago

new .80 Code is up on Sterns site...

2 weeks later
#834 6 years ago

Has anyone thought of doing EL wire on the ramps? I know it's a typically a "Tron" thing but I was thinking that purple or maybe orange would go well with the GOTG theme. My only reservation is I never really liked the look of all the zip ties holding the wires in place. if only there was a more elegant mounting solution.

#840 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Tron uses Fiber optic ramps, not EL wire.

yes, I know (I had them on my Tron)... in this context I was referring to the look more than the technology.

#841 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

The fiber optics can be held by non-destructive metal clips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=V9V0jn2EaK8

Do you know where to get those clips?

#894 6 years ago

finally got to play my first few games on GOTG today ... machine arrived last week but the play-field protector didn't come in until this week (I wont put the first ball in until protector is in --- I am weird like that)... after reading all the negative I was understandably going in with low expectations but I have to say... even in it's raw form we had a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing it evolve and grow but for now it is certainly far enough along to keep me entertained.

#918 6 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

So who is making 3D printed Groot hands for the pro machines?

I feel like there was a discussion about this earlier in the thread. I think someone is already working on it. I could be wrong though.

#923 6 years ago

what a nice surprise

#960 6 years ago

Is anyone concerned about constantly bashing Groot's mouth when closed ... i feel like it wouldn't take long to wear the color off in that area. Although I dont know how you could really protect it.

#1014 6 years ago

Has any one noticed a slight quality issue with Guardians sound? compared to my Star Wars, Batman 66 or Ghostbusters, the audio on Guardians sounds like it has more noise in it. Its soft, not scratchy but just doesn't seem as clean and crisp. Almost as if it was compressed or lower sample rate. I'm running stock levels for bass/treble/volume but did a factory reset anyway to be safe. no change.

Am i crazy?

Edit: I played some of the songs and clips and pin browser and they sound good and seem cleaner than when they play through the game.

1 month later
#1223 6 years ago

awesome - can't wait to load this up... can anyone elaborate on:
- now the Movie Lines Adjustment has 3 options: OFF/Original Only/Original & Alternates.

I didn't know such an option already existed... but what exactly does it do?

1 month later
#1424 6 years ago
Quoted from HeadRush:

Any idea what the price of the whole set of plastics costs for GOTG pro?

Probably $180ish ... i recently had to buy a full set for TWD and I believe that was cost... dont recall if that included shipping.

1 week later
#1535 6 years ago

So excited to play this but got home too late tonight... I haven't even turned on my Guardians since seeing the sneak peak stream of the the code @ TPF ... made me not want to play the .87 code.

#1626 6 years ago

Isn't the issue that the metal rail is just inserted too far into some peoples play fields? I know many people have this issue but I would have to assume the majority do not. My machine does not do this but I wonder if the rail can be tapped out a little bit from the underside? It wouldn't need to move much in order to prevent the ball from getting caught.

If you couldn't tap from underside you might be able to pry up from top assuming you could get leverage and also protect the PF from marking it up in the process.

1 month later
#2076 5 years ago

New Code is up

PRO V1.00 - May 22, 2018
=====================

- Increased “Immolation Initiative” scoring.
- Increased potential “Antiquities Shop” 2 switch scores.
- Increased potential “Yaka Arrow” 2 pop bumper scores.
- fixed “Yaka Arrow” 2 pop bumper award animations.
- Added logic to allow the ticket dispenser to appear in coil test.
- Fixed a mission timer bug that upon draining reset the mission timer back to its original starting value and resumed the mission at the start of the next ball. This occurred when the ball drained with only fractional seconds left remaining in a mission. Now, when draining under the same scenario, the player is presented mission select at the start of the next ball.
- Fixed a bug where the skill shot was available after “Cherry Bomb” Multiball.
- Fixed a bug where a ball saver was available after “Cherry Bomb” Multiball.
- Added logic to “Save Xandar” shot light strings to represent how many more shots are needed to complete a shot and add-a-ball into play. The logic is:
3 to go = Lamp Blinking
2 to go = Lamp Solid
1 to go = Shot lamp string strobing ON,ON,ON,OFF,OFF,OFF
- Fixed a bug in “Save Xandar” that would not award a left orbit shot if a ball was simultaneously being auto launched from the shooter lane.
- Fixed “Save Xandar” Super Jackpot Ready lightshow.
- Fixed mystery award lightshows that occur during multiball events.
- Fixed a bug in “Immolation Initiative” where balls were not being added back into play after crossing a switch/score threshold.
- Increased the ball saver time during “Immolation Initiative” when balls are added back into play.
- fixed display text in “Save Xandar”.
- Added an “add-a-ball” and “ball saver” for completing each shot during “Save Xandar”, i.e. ”Save Xandar” now has 9 add-a-balls.
- Fixed a “Save Xandar” award lightshow.
- Now missions contribute to the end ball bonus. Completing a mission will add 50% of the total mission score to the Bonus.
Example: score 10M total points during “Sanctuary”. Upon draining the “Ronan” value in the bonus sequence is worth 5M.
This value holds over from ball to ball and can be raised by finishing “Save Xandar” and finishing the mission a 2nd time.
- Changed the shot based portion of bonus scoring.
- A 2nd Extra Ball can be collected for finishing "X" missions/MBs, default = 6.
- Added a 2nd Extra Ball adjustment that allows/disables an Extra Ball to be lit/collected at the right scoop.
- fixed a problem where, on occasion, the score frame, player scores, player up, and ball in play would not be displayed until a full screen display effect occurred.
- added Yondu lane sound effect, light effect.
- Optimized “Groot Multiball” Ready lightshow.
- Fixed “Groot Multiball” Super, Double Super Jackpot lightshows.
- Fixed “Save Xandar” Super Jackpot Lightshow.
- Added speech to “Save Xandar” Start.
- Synced “Save Xandar” start display/speech/shaker/lightshows.
- Fixed a bug where the background score display effect was not properly waiting to start.
- Removed a glitch that could occur with shooter groove mode display effects.
- optimized ““Groot Multiball”” start sequence dots/music.
- Increased “Groot Multiball” Super, Double Super Jackpot scores.
- Added logic to sync the “Groot Multiball” Background display sequence to the “Groot Multiball” start display effect the first time the player starts “Groot Multiball”. The game remembers subsequent music/display starting points when starting “Groot Multiball” anew.
- Fixed custom messages.
- Added variations of Groot saying "I Am Groot" to “Groot Multiball” Start. These are also synced to the movement of Groot's mouth.
- Groot's mouth is now synced to the speech during the “Groot Multiball” Start sequence.
- Added speech to “Groot Multiball” start.
- Choreographed “Groot Multiball” start lightshow(s).
- Added 2 blow off sequences to the “Groot Multiball” Display Effect. Now you can fast forward/blow off to the "I Am Groot" sequence of the display effect, and additionally, blow that off to get the balls to kick out quickly.
- Fixed a cancel display bug in Mystery that would sometimes kill the display effect instead of fast forwarding/canceling to the actual award that was supposed to be displayed.
- added new Groot Lock kick out lightshows.
- improved Sanctuary 2 award lightshows.
- Added a bigger Sanctuary 2 award lightshow.
- Optimized how/when alternate Secondary mode display effects occur.
- Added shaker code to alternate Secondary modes.
- Increased Groot Super, Double Super Jackpot values.

- Extended TIMED PLUNGER adjustment range to DISABLED or 1 - 300 seconds
- Corrected minimum firing time for flipper coil when an EOS switch is inconsistent or poorly adjusted.

1 month later
#2403 5 years ago

New code is up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,495 (Firm)
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 25.00
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RetroGamerJP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=RetroGamerJP and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.