IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballHaven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6612 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Exactly 1 of the 2 reasons I sell the orb protector. It helps with airballs in the front AND protects that thin plastic by Groot. Many have had this break during game play.
Those that buy after the break will glue down to my protector fyi

cpr9999

Ad link works but unable to purchase, you may want to check your market / settings / inventory level on the item?

#6614 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

No settings - this is a straight up Pinside Ad and people message me to buy.

Oh I thought you had a shop set up my mistake.

1 week later
#6638 1 year ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Pros go online this month (if they aren’t already) I have my 2nd one preordered (traded my original for a Star Trek pro a couple years back)
My wife has been unhappy with me trading her guardians hence the 2nd one. My old one was proudly running the Clealand code, and I’m thrilled it’s been updated. I’m pretty certain the machine will ship with 1.10, but clealand is I think running on 1.9? Will I be able to go backward? That code for me anyway is a make or break for this pin
Thanks as always!

Yes you can swap the 1.10 factory code with cleland 1.09 and back.

1 week later
#6646 1 year ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

That’s good news! However I may wait until some one braver than I confirms it lol.

I have done it in my game.

#6651 1 year ago

Does anyone know if there is a groot motor replacement tech guide from stern available? If anyone has had the part replaced under warranty and is willing to share I would appreciate that!

1 week later
#6662 1 year ago

I heard (from Cliffy) that Stern has a scoop protector part number for GOTG, does anyone know if it comes installed on the new builds? He said he's never made one because of that and he's never had much interest or a game to model it from.

I found it on pinballlife site: https://www.pinballlife.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-scoop-protector.html

Anyone bought one, and if so how does it hold up or compare to a genuine cliffy as far as build quality goes?

Thanks all-

#6688 1 year ago

I've run 1.09 cleland after running 1.10 and setting up homeplay, and it was fine. Nov 2020 build date.

As stated in other threads, recommended you detach all Insider hardware when back porting code. Unplug the scanner, pull the USB WIFI, and pop out the microSD card from the main board in the backbox is what that means. You're doing so at your own risk whenever you back port a game to old code, and some people have had node board failures with new node boards incompatible with older software versions.

#6696 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

Awesome! Let’s all keep each other posted! I have code 1.09 as well, just the new machines are coming most likely with 1.11

Tested mine tonight from 1.11 back to 1.09, it’s fine folks.

#6699 1 year ago

<blockquote cite="

Quoted from Fsdre:

I already have the 1.09 code downloaded on an sd card so when the game arrives in a few weeks with 1.11 would I just need to switch out the sd cards and then turn off updates?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/134#post-7161107

1 week later
#6746 1 year ago

From stern via my distri today (email)

We are shut down right now waiting for parts. Hopefully will resume tomorrow or Monday with Guardians Pro.

#6749 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Looks like I got lucky….
I just picked mine up! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! Seems you choose a distributor higher in the pecking order.

4 weeks later
#7103 1 year ago
Quoted from Hadojae:

Had a weird night with my guardians pro, haven’t troubleshot extensively yet, just posting to see if maybe someone has seen a similar issue. Noticed that the groot jaw wasn’t going down but there were balls trying to be kicked out. Removed the balls and noticed that the mechanism was very rough when pulling the jaw down. Cleaned the posts and the sliding action was much nicer, but noticed that the post attached to the motor was spinning quite freely. Attempted to tighten the hex screw, but didn’t seem to have any effect. So I figured I would just disable the groot jaw for the time being and when I did (disabled groot motor, enabled virtual locks) it appears that any couple of switch hits (pops, rollovers, whatever) will trigger groot multiball - good for my scores, but bad for everything else. No interesting switches activated or technician alerts, and everything software wise is set to default. Before digging myself into a deeper hole at the end of a weekend, I took the step of going to sleep before trying to figure it all out tonight. If anyone has experienced similar, would love to hear!

How many plays on your machine? Sounds like your motor is shot and needs to be replaced.

#7127 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Scoop protector is already on order. Do I have to take apart much to install?
How about pitch?

It’s not bad, remove ramp, detach flasher led there so you can get it out of the way.remove right side surrounding plastics, then the scoop comes out from two bolts behind and one screw underneath, which you can unplug and set aside. I also took out the post behind the scoop just to make sure I got it in there cleanly. Reassemble in reverse order.

#7163 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Seems unlikely, but make sure you have the PRO code not the prem/LE installed would be one thing to check here. Double check all wires are seated correctly especially on the light insert paths. Also realize the ball save on the center flasher over-rides the outlane ball save, that save is a secondary save and the GOTG primary ball saves are pretty forgiving with some grace after that middle blinker stops blinking for a save.

Also check for trough errors in the operator report, and re-seat all trough wires. The trough if giving errors could lead the game to mis-countballs and think it has served you the save when it didn't.

#7172 1 year ago

I think the right ball save lane might be a bug, happened to me tonight (was in antiquities or maybe Yondu mode) on ball 3 it was lit and finished my game.

#7209 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Guardians is a million times better than Turtles. Turtles is a steaming pile of cow flop

Turtles is a hard game, it can be learned though. Not a game for a casual player, kind of a waste of a good license in that sense.

2 weeks later
#7389 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I guess my standards are too ‘realistic’. Ok, you buy a new car, but expect the tires to wear out within 500 miles. ‘But hey!, its ok. We’re just happy to own it. ‘No worries ‘. Totally subpar design and y’all fall for it. Sorry, not driving that cool aid. You pay $7,200 for a nib box machine and you just ‘expect!’ The shooter lane to get pummeled??!! Fuck that. Not going to support the ‘hey, it happens ‘ approach.

You can put a Cliffy on before you play a game or when you’re ready to sell. It really isn’t that big of a deal, and it can be sanded down and clear coated decades later without a noticeable impact on play or game value.

#7413 1 year ago
Quoted from SteelTigers:

Here is the Metal Orb and Crystal LED up close. The orbs have considerable weight to them and the LED has an actual crystal attached to the socket base. Although I might have an issue with the LED, unless being loose on the socket is normal? Has anyone purchased this version of Orb from HOP and can verify?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes I have one on my GOTG and once installed there's no place for the bulb to go so as long as it lights up properly I think you're going to be fine.

it's a standard wedge bulb and socket, you can throw some two sided tape on the base to secure it or a little hot glue if you're so inclined. easy little adjustment that is common, not something I would consider an issue.

1 month later
#7715 1 year ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

I can seem to win with this pin Started to play a few games tonight and noticed that the drop target was suddenly going up/down like crazy after dropping it then hitting the target behind it. Discovered that the rubber ring solution I had installed actually broke - luckily I ordered a few extra and just replaced it. My guess is the notch I cut in the ring was a bit too deep and it ended up failing..
Sooo now hitting groots mouth it isn't opening. The light in front of it flashes but it doesn't drop. At one point it dropped partially but was still above the playfield where only a lucky shot would bounce into it. Mouth closed fine at the end of the game. The switch test in the menu for the groot mouth definitely doesn't work. Any ideas what to look for??

How old is the game and how many plays? It sounds like your groot mouth motor is failing, they tend to do that. I bought a used game with 2k plays and had to replace the motor immediately. If the light is flashing then your opto is working to identify when a ball hits the mouth, it's not a switch issue. New motors can be purchased on Pinball Life, recommend getting the fully wired one that's a little more expensive but worth it unless you're good at soldering.

#7724 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

At least you can disable Groot’s mouth and keep playing while waiting on parts. I played a game on location where the switch for the starlord VUK was broken. The game was completely unplayable.

same with the deadpool scoop.........fortunately now operators get that alert through IC for these games and it does help get them back up and running sooner!

2 months later
#7910 1 year ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Joining the club today. My first Stern Spike 2. Already order the PinMonk quiet fan mod. Jesus the stock fan is loud. I'm not sure why I haven't read about it before. Upgraded orb, shaker motor, and some coloured plastic protectors. No IC (yet) but trying to do the Home Team thing. Still trying to register it on my IC profile...
No idea what I'm doing on the game yet. Looking forward to learning the rules.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Let me know what mods I should get and avoid.

You will need to add a USB Wi-Fi and a micro sd card, and temporarily run a cat5 cable to your other scanner to register the game initially so that hometeam can work on the machine.

2 months later
#8083 9 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Does anyone know if they make a neon fluorescent version of this? I have only found clear. Specifically the orb protector plastic.
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/playfield-plastics/playfield-plastics-partial-plastic-set/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-piece-plastic-protector-set/

I bought a full neon set of plastics awhile back, so yes it’s been done in neon not sure if you can just get that piece though.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-mods/products/clip-protector-set-guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball?_pos=5&_fid=9cbd1b1b9&_ss=c

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,495 (Firm)
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballHaven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=PinballHaven and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.