IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Max_Badazz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#443 6 years ago

Aww yeah

FB_IMG_1512911704241 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1512911704241 (resized).jpg

#550 6 years ago

Anyone have 0.73 Pro backed up online? .... the 0.80 wont install and messed up the game

#552 6 years ago

Possibly dropbox

#554 6 years ago

I was able to get 0.73 and rolled it back. Working fine again

#558 6 years ago

I normally don't comment on code as I understand that its early versions, buggy, and missing a lot. However Guardians code is pure garbage. Between bugs, lack of imagination for anything, running video clips like a movie with no interaction, the issues upgrading versions, and bad sound, I am disappointed this time. The playfield layout and artwork I think are fantastic, but this game is pure garbage when it comes to code. I know this time next year it will be way better and enjoyable, but at this point its awful.

It's too bad as I really like my SW, GB, Aerosmith, etc ...all bought with early code that wasn't this bad (hell even TWD early code was way better)

#567 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I am not being sarcastic when I say this but how do you know?

Stern has not given me any reason not to think that.

People can bitch about Kiss code all day, but in the end, its a decent game. Avengers...three years later they release code that makes the game really fun. The Xmen abortion of code....fixed over time. TWD ... how great is that game now. Even Star Wars...early code didn't have that much imagination, but 1.0 really makes the game enjoyable (actually the version before added so much). Aerosmith hasn't had a big update, but that game plays well. Ghostbusters code is pretty robust...... then there's Batman 66 ...... its slow, but its getting better. If my memory serves me, Spiderman stunk it up years ago in early code.

#597 6 years ago
Quoted from bmegar:

the auto launch is way to fast it seems look the ball is hitting the back of the game close to the two top in lanes

I'm glad I am not the only one with that issue (not unique to my machine)...... I haven't explored the settings yet to see if it can be turned down.

cropped_screens (resized).jpgcropped_screens (resized).jpg

1 week later
#758 6 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

Any other suggestions? Stern seems to listen.

Yes.... have an option to start the game without selecting a mode. I would love to have to shoot the scoop to start a mode instead of automatically being in one.

Suggestion #2 ..... keep the orb drop target down a little longer for ball searches....a few times my ball has been stuck in there because it bounces up when the drop goes down, then the drop pops back up before it can roll out

#849 6 years ago

art and lighting makes a game great .... I can invest in artwork instead

the game stinks right now.... there's no bond between the player and the GotG theme. It's a skin on a generic pinball machine that plays movie clips..... Stern really needs to rethink the direction they are going with this game. Sure the layout is great (I think they nailed that), and the artwork is good, but the way they are integrating GotG with the player is just 100% wrong. And this opinion is after playing 150 games and owning one

...and that purple transparent apron is badass .... looks fantastic

#861 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Its kind of like buying a Ferrari and its motor only has 200 hp for the first year of owning it.

Haha, cargument, but you're right. Though I'd say it's like buying a Ferrari but sitting inside looks like a Honda Civic and it drives like a Honda Civic. Sure a civic can be fun to drive around (and are popular), but I wanted the Ferrari experience. GotG plays very well and looks good, but I want to be playing the GotG experience and not just some movie clips repeating on the screen. For some reason, this game disappointed me (and usually I am very tolerant with early code). On a side note, the 0.81 code is much better than the 0.73

#867 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I don’t understand what the “gotg experience” is lol

interaction with the player ..... there's zero interaction. Shoot this, get a response. Perform this task, see a change on the screen, different music, different voice call outs. Right now its hit the blinking shots while watching this 2 min movie clip. There's no action/reaction. I could strip all the (beautiful) artwork off, change the movie clips, and it would be a great Rogue One game (would need to reface Groot too). Maybe retheme it to The Bachelor or even worse, the Kardashians. Look at past games, when you hit a ramp on Ironman, something happens...hit Whiplash, something happens. Hitting shots on GotG.... the movie clip continues to play over and over

#907 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Can some owners share their setup and some audits please?

I'll grab some for you tonight or tomorrow .... maybe 100-150 plays on it, so its a decent amount to go on

#917 6 years ago

So who is making 3D printed Groot hands for the pro machines?

#941 6 years ago

>>- added an adjustment to allow Mode Select at Ball Start, default is "Yes".

Someone listened ...... this was a huge addition

#1018 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Sound on SW is wayyyy better.

Yeah it is .... the sound on SW to me is the best .... clear, loud, and a much better quality than the past. GotG sounds fine on my machine (especially the Jackson 5 song), but the music is not John Williamsy so that might be the reason.

I have to say, 0.85 is much better than the old version that I got with the game. I am loving the shoot to start the mode feature (has that retro Bally/Williams feel)

2 months later
#1629 5 years ago

damn...new code gives out 300+million jackpots....not sure how I got it that high. That's more than my high scores on the old version

5 months later
#2899 5 years ago
Quoted from oldmanpinball:

should i get a deadpool ??

Yes ....DP even with the early code is a really fun game with some action packed modes. The humor and interaction with the screen is really good. Music is entertaining as well. Crossover ramp shot is satisfying and the disco multiball is ...well its disco While I like my GotG, its not as much fun as Deadpool.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Max_Badazz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=Max_Badazz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.