IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Insane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2016 5 years ago

Mine is ordered, just waiting for it to be made.

1 week later
#2120 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Come on get some pros on the line!

I had the opportunity to go to Stern for a tour 2 weeks ago, really cool. They said it would be about 4 weeks before they were making GOTG Pro's again. so 2 more weeks. Then I can get my machine.

#2162 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I can't wait! I'm so ready. Got my plastic protectors and my cliffys.

Where did you get cliffy's? I looked on his site and don't see any for GOTG

#2177 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Gotta email him directly.

thanks will do

1 week later
#2296 5 years ago

Just got mine on Saturday, my best is 175mil. My 8 year old Grandson put up 273mil yesterday. Little SOB.

#2303 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Yeah game started out rough and now it is awesome. Stern should run them again soon.
If you love IM, MET, AS, like I do, strongly consider Guardians.

They were running them last week. Mine was "born" last Thursday.

#2308 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I ordered my pro a little over 2 weeks ago, and I was told by my distributor 2 to 3 weeks. I'm going to assume mine was "born" last Thursday, too. Any word when yours will ship?

They started running them again last week I believe. They only run 1 game at a time. ( I had a factory tour a month or so ago.) I ordered mine about 6 weeks ago. I picked it up at my Distributor Saturday. he picked it up at the factory on Friday.

#2325 5 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

Things always seem better in my head. I'll admit this probably won't work with Premium/LE's but for those of of Pro(poor) folks I think we deserve something a little more interesting. If I had ended up with GB or ACDC I would have only wanted Premium. But the pro on the GOTG is actually just as good to me, I didn't need the 2nd and 3rd magnet.
But I knew I was gonna be able to spruce it up a bit. I plan on making 10 of the jewels, I have a friend that can print the orbs for people, the orbs are usually printed with PLA (lower end material) but for this it's okay. I want to get 1 nice one done before I show folks.

I might be interested. Can't wait to see the finished product.

#2335 5 years ago

I also like the lt green, I would probably be interested.

1 week later
#2406 5 years ago

My mag has completely grabbed the ball and held it a few times, other times it kind of diverts it. Question, shouldn't the magnet light come on when the magnet is active.

1 week later
#2497 5 years ago

Got my factory topper yesterday, frickin awesome. Wife said the same thing, only she didn't say fricken, she took a stand.

IMG-20180706-02109 (resized).jpgIMG-20180706-02109 (resized).jpgIMG-20180706-02110 (resized).jpgIMG-20180706-02110 (resized).jpg
#2504 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Factory topper does look good but I can’t decide between the factory one or the one laseriffic was working on which looked awesome!

i also think the Laseriffic one looked cool. I like how the lights are set up with the factory one though. Not saying the laseriffic one couldn't do the same thing.

#2506 5 years ago

anyone have any pic's of Cliffy's installed? I do better with pictures. I think they are for the shooter lane, but not 100% sure.

#2531 5 years ago

Is there anything that hitting this gets you besides points?

guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-target-illumination_large (resized).jpgguardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-target-illumination_large (resized).jpg
#2533 5 years ago
Quoted from Tungsten78:

Hitting it collects letters for “galaxy”. You can see the progression in the title on the lcd. Completion grants mystery that you have to collect at the scoop.

Ok, so that's how you get the mystery. I knew the scoop to collect, and saw the letters when I had a chance to look up. Didn't know that's what awarded. Thanks. Still trying to learn.

#2535 5 years ago

I appreciate all the info. Just trying to learn what all the modes are and other things. Immolation, cherry ball. etc. I know what those are now.

#2546 5 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

Still have to figure out a way to light this properly. What do y'all think?

I think its awesome and would probably buy one, depending on the price.

3 weeks later
#2706 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

First... big shout out to Pat Powers at Stern pinball. Spoke with him over the phone and Stern is going to make things right with my blurry screen since it’s a board issue and not a simple cable issue. Great customer service.
Second.... here are some pics of the orb I replaced that I bought off eBay. I added a purple amethyst stone and back lit it with an led light tapped off the Groot spot light. Looks awesome for gameplay. This is on a “pro” version
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Was that one of those kit ones, the orb, I mean?

2 months later
#2954 5 years ago
Quoted from Belcaw:

Congrats!
I’ve Cherrybombed maybe a dozen times and Imolationed once; but still haven’t gotten to try saving Xander. I’ll get there eventually; but I refuse to set my out-lane pins more narrow or change settings to make it easier … so it will take me a while. Many many games played on mine since I bought it in August.

Congrats. I haven't even made Cherry Bomb yet, and that is with 5 balls (the only change I made). My 8 year old grandson has all the high scores. that little..... Love him to pieces though.

#2960 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Can anyone with a topper tell what the change in the lighting is based on the mode selected?
I see on v .95 code - "Added a main play background topper light effect (which illuminates the topper based upon the mode/multiball that is active)."
Is the lighting bulbs or surface mounted rgb leds ?

It changes color to match the mode selected. Green sibling rivalry etc.. not the best picture and this is attract mode, but you get the idea. Sorry for the blurry. This is what I had with me.

IMG-20180706-02109 (resized).jpgIMG-20180706-02109 (resized).jpgIMG-20180706-02110 (resized).jpgIMG-20180706-02110 (resized).jpg

#2970 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

thanks insane, hard to see that the topper changes with the mode from the pics but do you have the speaker lights tied into the topper changes?
if yes how do you do that?

If you look at the topper in the 2 pics, you can see they are different colors. That is the same thing it does during modes. The speakers aren't tied in, but I am sure that there is a way to do it. I'm just not the guy to be able to figure it out, But I wish they were. Sorry for the delay, I was out of town all weekend.

#2974 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

thanks for the info, I would love to have the speaker lights color correlate with the mode but does not appear to be an easy thing to do with the spike 2 ,
if easy to check are the lights in the topper leds mounted on a circuit board ?
do you remember what connector the topper attaches to ? thanks john

I'll check and reply..

1 week later
#2999 5 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

I'll check and reply..

Sorry, didn't get back to you sooner. There are 2 sets of lights for the topper, the ones on the front piece, then the ones in the back piece. Not sure if they are mounted to a circuit board in the back piece, didn't disassemble. you can see the lights in the first pic, in the 2nd pic, you can see one of the sections lit up. The third has the hook-ups.

IMG-20181030-02184 (resized).jpgIMG-20181030-02184 (resized).jpgIMG-20181030-02186 (resized).jpgIMG-20181030-02186 (resized).jpgIMG-20181030-02188 (resized).jpgIMG-20181030-02188 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#3017 5 years ago

RANT ON..
So I have been trying to play more lately, as I hadn't been. I have had some good (for me) games and some terrible games. Last night I am playing, I have the game set for 5 balls. I finally, for the first time, get cherry bomb multiball on ball 5. takes me a while to hit the scoop to start it. I get it started, I think I hit the flippers 2 or 3 times, then the game tilts. It had tilted on like ball 3 as well. I am not a big nudger or shaker. it seemed like when it was in a big multi-ball mode, and the shaker was running, and I was probably bumping a little. It tilted... AAARRRGGHHHH. Sorry, had to whine for a minute. I haven't had this issue before. I have had the shaker since day one, so I don't think it is anything with that. Haven't changed any settings or tilt adjustments either. Oh well, I still don't have any of the high scores, my 8 year old grandson has them all....

#3024 5 years ago

Dumb question, what do you have to do to complete groot or orb multi? Is it hit all lit shots, or 50%?

2 weeks later
#3081 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

had a good game and made it to save xandar! after ii had few shots on 2 or 3 modes to complete as well as both orb and groot multiball but completed the rest in multiballs and hung on to get to xander. it was a blur at the end but after xander ends you just start over again with what seemed to be shortened times for the modes
[quoted image][quoted image]

What are you doing for speaker lights, one of the kits? Do you just have them set to one color?

#3084 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I have the speaker light kit from dugfreez speakerledkit.com? , it has the the remote that has a bunch of options for colors, I have it set on the orange color that kind of matches the gotg lettering
would love to have them change color to match the mode, I think it could be done but beyond my skills

same here. I will open my topper one of these days and see if I can pull the signals from there. But haven't done it yet.

2 months later
#3499 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinj135:

Anyone have the stern topper? Yet to see a video of it in action actually interacting with the game and changing mode colors. It’s pretty pricey but curious if it’s worth it!

I have it and like it.

2 weeks later
#3582 5 years ago

Love the Blue. looks awesome.

3 weeks later
#3637 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The metal part of the switch is probably just bent up too much. Bend it down toward the switch a bit at a time and re-test until the button works with the lockdown bar latched.

I had a similar problem, and that's what I had to do.

7 months later
#4256 4 years ago
Quoted from jtimmo:

Owner Introduction: I just purchased a Guardians of the Galaxy Pro New in box. It is still in the box. I found a great you tube video to show me how to set it up.
My question: What accessories and special care should I start thinking about before I assemble and start using the machine. My goals are two fold:
1. I don't want to cause excessive wear and tear due to anything I could avoid by doing something BEFORE I start using the machine.
2. I want find accessories, modifications, etc. that I can do to make the machine more interesting and nice looking. (examples: the baby groot shooter knob, and I think I have heard about some music modifications that might be available)
I am a novice pinball owner but have loved pinball for MANY years. Although budget matters somewhat, I certainly can afford to do whatever I want to take care of the machine properly.

As others have said, The Cleland sound mod. I would also recommend a Shaker. Also I have seen many suggest getting a better quality ball than the ones that Stern provides. Great Game. Have fun.

2 months later
#4337 4 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Have not had the glass of more that 3 or 4 times but tonight I added light up buttons and now the board over star lord is dragging on the glass. Anyone have this happen? I made sure the playing field is all the way down but still doing it.[quoted image]

I would guess the playfield isn't sitting down completely.

2 months later
#4428 3 years ago

I like the illuminated side rails, i might be interested.

1 week later
#4446 3 years ago

Can anyone that has installed the Cliffy shooter lane protectors post a pic of how they go? I purchased them a while back, and am trying to install some of the mods i have not installed yet. And I can't seem to figure out how they go, and just want some insight. Thanks

7 months later
#4889 3 years ago

I really wish they would fix the code so that the magnet light comes on with the magnet... no real issue, just annoys me...

3 weeks later
#4920 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Congrats! Guardians is a family favorite here!

Only because you asked, the lenticular cards I make for the aprons seem to be well received from those who have purchased them.... I have them for quite a few different machines. It makes a huge difference changing from those sweet yellow apron cards-
3D Effect-
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lenticular-apron-cards/page/2#post-6068794
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lenticular-apron-cards/page/2#post-6071496
Store with videos for each game-
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie

A friend just sent me a set of these, they are super cool. highly recommend. Here is a pic, but it doesn't even remotely do them justice. These are the 3d effect.

IMG-20210118-02544 (resized).jpgIMG-20210118-02544 (resized).jpg
#4926 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Congrats.. first up.. the plastic protectors. Adds a nice glow..
My mods include- 10 in Klipsch Reference Sub
Ramp lights
Plastic protectors
Speaker lights
Orb plastic protector and Orb "crystal"
Rocket kick back surround
Mirror blades
Clear titan rubbers throughout (superband orange flipper rubbers)
Did not add any "toys" or figures but some look pretty cool.
[quoted image]

I've got the Orb Protector, need to get the "Crystal"
I have a monoprice subwoofer under the machine.
I have the speaker lights, they are set to cycle the colors, and i have the Ravenger Shields in front of the speakers.
I want to do the ramp lights
I have the rocket Plastic protector, i need to get the other ones.
I have graphics blades.
I haven't changed out my rubbers yet
I have hex "bat toppers" on the flippers.
I added a shaker as well.
Love how your looks.
Here is mine.

IMG-20210121-02545 (resized).jpgIMG-20210121-02545 (resized).jpgIMG-20210121-02546 (resized).jpgIMG-20210121-02546 (resized).jpg
#4938 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Looking great. I never put the speaker covers on, wasn't sure about if it would impact the sound. I forgot to mention I installed a cliffy too at the kick out on the right of the playfield and a piece of mylar in the ball trough. Having the Cleland code and sub is sweet. Loving the music and feeling the game. Nice job on your pin!

Thanks. i don't really notice a difference in the sound with the covers. i also have the Cleland sound mod. I also changed the power supply fan for a quieter one.

#4940 3 years ago

I also added new apron cards, and the sign mod on the Star Lord Scoop.

#4958 3 years ago
Quoted from uccash:

Joined the club at the end of December and picked up a NIB GOTG Pro. This is my first pinball and so far loving it.
Question: the post in the left outlane is at the highest point it can be (done by factory). I was thinking of adjusting because draining on the left outlane from kick from right sling, etc... is starting to drive me crazy. On one hand, I know it will make the games last longer and allow me to progress more throughout the game, but don't want to "cheat" and make the game too easy and I keep telling myself to just get better so I don't get into that situation.
Anyone change the location of that post in the outlane or what is the consensus thought on adjusting games to make them easier?
Any and all feedback appreciated.

I think mine is set to the middle hole, from the factory.

2 weeks later
#5003 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I just received these 3D lenticular apron cards from@YouBentMyWookie.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie
They look pretty nice in person.

Are the stickers above the cards factory? They are different from mine on my Pro. they look cool.

#5028 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Looks like I may be joining the club soon.
Working on acquiring an le.
Anything I should look out for? Any necessary mods?
Thinking of the orb protector from cpr9999 posted above.

Orb Protector, and cleland sound package, or one of the variants.

1 week later
#5078 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Closer look at the screws. You can see ones tapered and the other two are rounded head.
Almost looks like 3 totally different screws.[quoted image]

The tapered head one looks like the screw that holds the plastic, in front of the orb.

#5086 3 years ago

Just scored over 1 billion for the first time ever. Got 715 million on Cherry Bomb Multiball. Have my game set for 5 balls, but had over 1 billion after ball 3. i know to a lot of you, this is a normal or even bad game. But to me, my best ever.

#5099 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Wow! Amazing score. Best I have done is 400 million with 5 ball settings! Dang I suck, but I have fun

That was about my high until Friday. keep at it.

4 months later
#5435 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So which art blades do the iwners here like best for this game? Ster's, Tilt's, Retrofurbs? Interested in opinions.

I think i bought the pingraffix ones. They look good.

3 weeks later
#5589 2 years ago

in regards to the Scoop Protector, i haven't had one on mine, until recently. Mine is home environment use. I took it up to the office where is had started to get more play. i did a shop job on it and noticed right after that the clear was lifting on the left side of the scoop, shortly after a piece of the clear blew out. so i purchased the protector, which doesn't cover all of the blow out. I recommend one personally.

1 month later
#6076 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

There are lots of posts regarding protective mods and other stuff a couple years or more back in this topic but it's a long read. I think the main protective item was when the early ones had no protective metal bar over the orb lock that Stern later added to protect the plastic from breaking. Several places made a clear plastic to add protection but I like the one from cpr9999 the best. Mine had the metal bar but it blocks the view so I removed it and installed the polycarbonate one he sold me.
The trough kickout into the launch lane benefits from some protection too I think, or at least turn down the power in the menu as much as possible. I installed a couple metal protectors for that. I also have the scoop protector but haven't installed it yet, I think it's probably a good idea but to me doesn't seem high priority.
I replaced my pegs with service rails, very worth it in my opinion if lifting the playfield much. I've lifted mine many times without sideart protectors but recently got a set of those anyway since I only have to slip once to damage my art blades.
I added plastic protectors pretty much everywhere else but I think most of them are more decorative than necessary. I like the look of the colored Ulek ones that compliment the stock plastics so for me it's mostly to have everything match than for the extra protection but overkill protection is ok.

Install the scoop protector. I had a decent size piece of the clear chip out, and the protector i got after the fact, doesn't completely cover up the missing piece.
I also have the metal bar from stern, and my orb plastic broke....

1 week later
#6135 2 years ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

Need to make mounts and transitions, but I like it..

I mighty be interested in these.... they look great.

11 months later
#6668 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

I heard (from Cliffy) that Stern has a scoop protector part number for GOTG, does anyone know if it comes installed on the new builds? He said he's never made one because of that and he's never had much interest or a game to model it from.
I found it on pinballlife site: https://www.pinballlife.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-scoop-protector.html
Anyone bought one, and if so how does it hold up or compare to a genuine cliffy as far as build quality goes?
Thanks all-

I have that one. It seems to be good quality. i just wish i had installed it sooner. I had a small clear delam, right on the left side. the protector doesnt cover all of it...

2 weeks later
#6803 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Do you have a pic of this installed? Did you have to make any mods to it so that it would fit? Was it hard to install?

I have this scoop protector. You don't have to modify anything to install.

3 weeks later
#7104 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes, the high scores are on the SD, so when you change to a cleland SD, you lose the high scores unless you've backed them up.

How do you back them up?

#7110 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

insert a usb stick in the head and go to settings. Audits can be dumped from the audits menu, the save/restore for settings is in the Utilities menu

Thank you, didn't know it was an option. Last time i updated, i just lost them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Insane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=Insane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.