IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Erasmuz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1981 5 years ago

I can finally post here! Proud new owner of a GotG Premium machine.

Quoted from whisper:

Hi guys wondering if anyone can tell me tje differences between the pro an premium versions, do they play much different from each other? Thanks in advance.

I had played the Pro version a bunch before getting the Premium and can say they do play 99% the same (spinners make a small difference in antiques mode, and honestly I can't tell much of a difference between 1 or 3 magnets). As others have stated the difference is almost all cosmetic (groot arms, and lighting). I can say the attract mode / lighting during game play is spectacular on the premium model, but it's definitely a personal choice if that is worth it for you.

#2018 5 years ago

Does any one have a shaker motor installed on their machine?

I personally enjoy the rumble of the shaker motor and have been contemplating the upgrade, but I'm curious if it adds much to this game (I.E. - Does it make sense when it activates, or does it just seem like the machine is rumbling for no reason, etc.)

5 months later
#2987 5 years ago

I am finally far enough on my Guardians Project that I thought I would share a teaser... (Debating starting a thread to share how I'm going about doing what I'm doing and to get feedback / help where possible, but not sure how many people would be interested).

This all started as a problem that every premium / le owner has; you can't see when the Ronan shot is lit because of groots hands! After lots of thinking / research I did it. Not only was I able to get the data for the Ronan shot, but with my analyzing of the LED bus I was able to decipher how all the LEDs are talking and deciding what, and when to change colors.

The images show LEDs (one on groots arm, the other in Quill's scoop) matching colors for the shot. So they get lit when the shot is lit. I plan on running fiber optic (some side lit, some end lit; side lit shown in pictures) down groots arms to make it look like branches, and also tuck the fiber under the ramps so the ramp glows the matching color when the ramp is lit for a shot. Feedback is much appreciated XD

IMG_6292 (resized).PNGIMG_6292 (resized).PNGIMG_6293 (resized).PNGIMG_6293 (resized).PNGIMG_6294 (resized).PNGIMG_6294 (resized).PNGIMG_6295 (resized).PNGIMG_6295 (resized).PNGIMG_6296 (resized).PNGIMG_6296 (resized).PNGIMG_6297 (resized).JPGIMG_6297 (resized).JPG
#2996 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

looks promising, I know nothing about fiber optics but from the pics it looks like you are illuminating the cable from a lit led on the machine ? or is the optic cable powered off the led bus?

I'm using an Arduino Nano and plugging into the LED bus. From there I interpret the data from the LED bus, and light up individually addressable leds based on the data. This way I can actually match the colors during gameplay, attract mode, game modes, etc. Not only that but it's all plug and play. Just plug the Nano into the SPI bus which provides power to the microcontroller and LEDs and it just works

I then 3D printed clips that keep the fiber snug and directly over the LED. So the fiber is lit from an LED, but it's not one from the machine.

Here's some early pictures of the LEDs matching and the Nano to hopefully better explain

IMG_6305 (resized).PNGIMG_6305 (resized).PNGIMG_6306 (resized).PNGIMG_6306 (resized).PNGIMG_6307 (resized).PNGIMG_6307 (resized).PNG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 28.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,495 (Firm)
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 22.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Erasmuz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=Erasmuz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.