IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1091 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollon:

Does anyone know what the difference is when you change the “Abort Animations” adjustment from one, all, or none ? I have selected all three but I cannot tell any difference in the game.

I am not sure on the fine points on the "one" adjustment, but basically what abort animation means is you can hit both flipper buttons during the game and it will cut some display animations and callouts short.

An example would be a ball goes in a scoop that awards a mystery award. Normally the ball goes in there and the display and sound effects go through a sequence showing the different awards and finally rests on the reward you get...then the game shoots the ball out. If you have the "Abort Animation" turned on...you can hit both flipper buttons and it will skip all of the rigamarole and just show the award and shoot the ball back out. It basically allows you to skip certain animation sequences.

I am so used to it, it sometimes drives me nuts if a game doesn't have this...especially at the end of a ball when it is counting the bonuses and what not. I'm there banging away on both flipper buttons and I still have to sit and watch the drawn out end of ball sequence. It's especially frustrating after a crap ball.

2 weeks later
#1212 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Speakerlightskits.com posted wrong name earlier.

Third time is a charm I guess. The website URL is actually www.speakerlightkits.com

9 months later
#3093 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I have the speaker light kit from dugfreez speakerledkit.com? , it has the the remote that has a bunch of options for colors, I have it set on the orange color that kind of matches the gotg lettering
would love to have them change color to match the mode, I think it could be done but beyond my skills

www.speakerlightkits.com

3 months later
#3586 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball-freddy:

The speaker lightings are for Spike1, Spike 2 and for many S.A.M.
The lightings make your pinball machine to an amazing eyecatcher.
At our shop you can see for which pinball machine you can use the speaker lightings.
You can choose between six colors: yellow, orange, red, violett, green and blue.
If anyone has a question to our product, feel free to ask and write me an email to [email protected]
The following pictures are just some example.
Now I wish you a lot of fun with our pictures.
Kind regrads
Yvonne from Freddy's Pinball Paradise
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! It looks like someone got a 3D printer ,but no original ideas of what to do with it.

If a person likes this "Jailbird" look, as I like to call it, of a small lit speaker hole behind bars in that large SPIKE 2 honeycomb grill area....you can get one of my SPIKE 1 Speaker Light Kits (ex: Type 10 for Ghostbusters) and they will work fine for this purpose.

No reason to have to choose what color you want as they are RGB and allow for 1000s of different colors and various fade and flash light transitions. They include all of the needed hardware and connections to work in SPIKE 2 games. I only have them listed for SPIKE 1 use on my website as I don't like the way they look in the SPIKE 2 games, but if someone does like the look of a small lit speaker hole behind bars in that large SPIKE 2 honeycomb grill area......here you go. The only additional thing that is needed to install my SPIKE 1 Speaker Light Kits in a SPIKE 2 game is a couple of strips of double sided foam mounting tape to go between the speaker plate and the light frame. This adds some thickness so the light frames can be sandwiched between the foam mounting tape and the speakers. These RGB SPIKE 1 Speaker Light Kits are $49 + shipping (which is $25 to Europe.....order 2 complete kits and the shipping is still only $25. Strange, but true.).

Along with these, I have Speaker Light Kits for SAM, Whitestar and older Sega and Data East games. I also have light kits made specifically for SPIKE 2 games (which light the entire honeycomb grill area) and some Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits (with individually addressable RGB LEDS) are coming soon.

Doug - SpeakerLightKits.com : Home of the original pinball Speaker Light Kit

The Jailbird (resized).jpgThe Jailbird (resized).jpgDeluxe soon (resized).jpgDeluxe soon (resized).jpg
3 months later
#3898 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Got my Pro delivered tonight! Has Ronin's hammer and Cassette tape mods, art blades, flipper button and Groot's mouth and speaker grill LEDs, shaker motor and upgraded woofer.
Awesome thing happened coming out of the orb. Ball spun around as it should and released straight up into Groot's mouth! I had never seen that happen before.
Looks like I need a Baby Groot. That looks really cool.
Great game that I'm proud to add to the collection.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Observation / suggestion on the speaker lights...the black spot on the right one is due to the speaker foam touching (or darn near touching) the protruding speaker tweeter. I think some plastic canvas would take care of that.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Plastic-Canvas-Use.html

This Plastic Canvas was invented, specially formulated and is manufactured by me, specifically for my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit use. So don't bother going to Hobby Lobby, Michaels (even Walmart) or pretty much any other craft store and getting "Ultra Stiff (7 mesh) Plastic Canvas" for about $1 a sheet. It is not as good as the stuff I sell...I mean, the stuff I make.

In all seriousness though, I do sell them in pre-cut sheets for use between the speaker foam and my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits, but it is available pretty much at any craft store. It should help to keep your foam upright and away from those protruding tweeters.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#3909 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Does it change color based on the actually play or just random?

The controller and RF remote that are included with this light kit has 358 different color / color transitions. These are made up of 7 main colors (white, red, green, blue, yellow, cyan, magenta) and various combinations of them together. Most of the color transitions are a combination of all 7 colors or a mix of 2 of the main 7 with each other. I just went through the choices looking for red only choices for someone with a Deadpool. I found 8 selections that were single color (red only) and 1 of them was just a solid static red. If you were looking for a combination of just 2 colors (red and yellow) I am expecting their would be 7 or more of them.

You can pick one of the 358 choices and will just play that one that you have selected or you can select auto and it will automatically switch between all 358. This controller also offers a DIY option which is better described as a favorites section. This makes it so you can add a color transition you like to a favorites list so it can be easily found and accessed without having to flip through all 358 choices to find it. This favorites list can save 8 color transitions of your choice and you can flip up and down through them or select one of them and hit auto and the controller will then just auto cycle through your saved favorites list. So in this example...a person could save all of the red only transitions to the DIY / Favorites and then select auto and it will cycle through all 8 of the saved red only transitions.

The brightness and speed are also adjustable on this controller.

I made a video awhile back showing all of the color transitions. I had the brightness down to about half brightness to not blow out the colors in the video, but I had the speed almost cranked up to the max just to get all of them squeezed in the amount of time my phone camera could record...so most of these transitions would look better (IMO) if they were slowed down (which can easily be done).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, PM or e-mail: [email protected]

#3914 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Got my speaker light kit, apparently my game shipped with no service outlet or Bill validator connector, seems odd, every other spike 2 pro I've had has had them in there. Just a piece of white tape over the spot the outlet would be in.
Don't know what I'm going to do now, was really looking forward to seeing them in action.
Gave up on the speaker kit and played a couple games, Made it to Save Xandar!
I guess thats some consolation.

There is usually a region stamp on the AC cover in the backbox....does it say USA?

We will get this figured out, if nothing else my power cables for international games will work on ALL games, whereas my North America power cables will ONLY work on North America games. That game is far to young to be a re-import. I don't understand what the reason for it not having the bill validator plug or service outlet would be.

6 months later
#4309 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

So, I just got my stock GOTG prem. Recommended mods?
1. Side art blades or Mirror blades?
2. Colored plastic protectors from Little Shop?
3. Lights for troughs and other areas from Comet pinball?
4. I do have a shaker and will install that.
5. Will do Clvand's sound mod for sure!
Anything else?
Thanks.

I obviously, but humbly, suggest for your consideration a Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit. 358 different color / color change patterns with adjustable speed and brightness.

Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits: available at http://www.SpeakerLightKits.com

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#4348 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Just got mine done, pretty much the same colour:
What did you do with the T-Mold as the blue shade just clashes? I'm thinking of going black.
Also got the speaker panel done finally that urethrafranklin made up last year which is excellent just now waiting to grab a set of speaker lights to illuminate them properly (foam looks terrible at the moment).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hmmmm. So you don't think the foam looks good in it when not lit up? I'm expecting it will look better WITH the foam in there with speaker lights on (as the foam will help to spread the light behind the speaker design area).

Now I'm wondering if the white plastic canvas (it's called clear, but looks white) I sell would look better behind the design area with the lights off than the foam does. I'm sure it would make the design show up better without the lights and worth a try I would say.

2 months later
#4430 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

just finished installing my type 12 speaker lights from Doug (www.speakerlightkits.com) with the customised speaker panel - it look da nutz
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It's hard to tell with the light kit on....do you have the foam in between the speaker panel and the plastic canvas or did you leave the foam out? If you left it out....would you mind posting, PMing or e-mailing me a pic with the game turned off? I was wondering how that might have made the custom panel design show up better with the game turned off.

#4432 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

ah I put the canvas behind the foam!
ill try it without

In most circumstances I would defiantly suggest keeping the foam in there in front of the plastic canvas, but I think removing the foam and having the whitish look (even though it is officially considered clear) of the plastic canvas showing, would help the custom design showing up better when the light kit is off. Please send me some light kit off pictures before you remove the foam and after you remove it if you get around to it and don't mind. I have a friend that I gave one of those custom panels to and it has me wondering how I should recommend he mount things.

6 months later
#4796 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Try the Kenwood speakers and anything is fine[quoted image]

I gotta ask....what's up with those speaker surrounds? It looks like they were one color (yellow???) and then painted another (green???).

5 months later
#5323 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

38 mill I suck. Question do the round speaker lights or square look better in these games.
[quoted image]

Seems like a silly question to me. Mostly due to the type of "round" ones that you have pictured there. Of course I might be a bit bias, but I think the one on the left looks better.

GotG Head to Head (resized).jpgGotG Head to Head (resized).jpg

#5324 2 years ago

Of course if you got the right round ones it might be more of a contest.

GotG Type 13 (resized).jpgGotG Type 13 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#5647 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Once my machine arrives, I will give it a try and report back if the gamecode has latent support for shooter plate LEDs. It might be a “secret” feature. It’s easy enough to do.

Yeah....you could wire up a harness with some lights and just plug it into any SPIKE 2 CN15 and see if they did anything. I have my doubts, but who knows. Maybe there is some generic lighting code there from the start.

2 weeks later
#5829 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Cointaker speaker lights are cheaper and look great.
[quoted image]

Cheaper...or cheap, yeah, that's an accurate description of them. Look great?! Hmmmm...I don't think so. Do you really like the look of the off-center lit holes with the bars running through them?

Doug - SpeakerLightKits.com - Home of the original pinball Speaker Light Kit

GOTG SLK vs KO (resized).jpgGOTG SLK vs KO (resized).jpglame vs lavish (resized).jpglame vs lavish (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods
Plastics
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 28.00
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 39.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vernon Hills, IL
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=DugFreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.