IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deyanks98.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4506 3 years ago

I'm picking up a NIB later next week and more than ready to join the club on this pin. Can someone link me to the Cleland update code as I started to read through that thread but there's a lot to take in. One main question is which sd card works with that as I have the reader in my cart to order at Best Buy but wasn't sure which cards work best? Thanks.

#4508 3 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

Get a 16GB SANDISK off Amazon for $10 and you’ll be fine. That’s what I used.
Side Note: My pin dealer in Montreal got me a NIB GOTG PRO (as my first pin) in December 2019 and said that was gonna be the final run according to Stern. Mine is stamped Dec 2 / 2019. I think it’s awesome that they keep doing small runs cause it shows how amazing the game is and how it’s bringing in coin.

Thanks will order one does this one work as I presume it needs these older school cards and not a jump drive or no? https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-ultra-plus-16gb-sdhc-uhs-i-memory-card/3142535.p?skuId=3142535

#4511 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Nice! We love ours. It’s getting less and less plays because newer titles get added to our lineup. We keep saying it might not be a keeper but we have had it for almost 2 years and every time someone asks if I am selling we can’t part with it. The cleland mod added a ton to the experience. It’s a super fun pin. Hope you find one

Thanks I ordered one from Cointakers along with an Iron Maiden Pro they got back on a trade in so super excited to get back into having pins at my house again.

#4512 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yes, that one will work fine. Just be sure to read the instructions for how to burn the cleland image to the card, you can't just copy and paste it you need to use a program to install it on the card, all the instructions are in the thread. Enjoy!!

Great thanks for confirming and I'll check out those instructions on doing that.

1 month later
#4606 3 years ago

Got my NIB GOTG Pro yesterday. Need to take a pic of the far right loop shot as the metal seems bent out a little bit and I wasn’t sure if it’s supposed to be that way or not. Also I have the Cleland code loaded and I noticed a lot of talking which sometimes seems to be over top of something else. I know everyone loves the code so maybe I just need to get used to it but was wasn’t sure if that’s pretty much how it is most of the game. I also made the pitch higher in the back to speed it up a bit which I definitely like. I’ll take a pic of that right loop when I get a chance this weekend to see if that’s normal or not.

#4610 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Make sure you adjust the speech and music attenuation settings per cleland's recommendation in his thread.

Thanks that makes sense I’ll check that out as I figured something wasn’t quite right.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4617 3 years ago

Question on my new GOTG I unboxed this week every time the ball rolls down the right loop it bounces off the top of the right slingshot directly to my left flipper. Is that common or something I need to adjust that’s causing that?

#4620 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

No, it's not supposed to. The ball falling from the top of either orbit should hit the flippers directly and not a slingshot. Hitting the slingshot is a sign that you're not level left to right, or your pitch is too low so the ball is falling too slowly. You need to check the level and make sure the pitch is at least 6.5 degrees front to back (our preference is 6.8) and completely level left to right.

Thanks I’ll check this out I’m pretty sure my left to right might be off a bit. I did raise the back legs to make the game faster so my bubble level on the machine is towards the top line and not perfectly in the center. I’ll have to check out the left to right.

#4621 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Check the level and pitch first, but often those are fine and the issue is actually the metal ball guide at the end of the orbit before it sends the ball towards the flipper. If you’re good on the first two then just get some pliers and very gently pull the end of the right metal guide towards the middle of the playfield. Test and repeat if necessary, on some machines this needs to be done on the left orbit also, and if you pulled it a little too far then just give it a light push back with your thumb. You’re not trying to see it bend, just pulling on it slightly will change the trajectory of the ball more than you realize.

My right orbit seems slightly bent like in the upper part of it. See pic. I wasn’t sure if this was normal out of the box or if I should try to make it more flat there. Kind of hard to see in the picture but noticeable when looking up the right orbit.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4634 3 years ago

I’m reading the wiki rule sheets for this game and it says the magna force will catch the first two balls after you lock them in the Orb and then release them. Just got mine two weeks ago brand new and haven’t seen that happen yet. Is there a setting adjustment for that, an issue, or does it really not do that?

2 years later
#7816 1 year ago

Odd issue looking for suggestions to resolve. I put a brand new shaker motor in from Pinball Life the exact same as I have in my Godzilla and it only has about half the power when I run it in the coil test mode. I took this shaker motor out and installed it in my Godzilla and full power spins really fast in test mode and works correctly during game play. I took the shaker from my Godzilla and put it in my Guardians and same problem in the Guardians as it only has about half the power. So I ruled out it’s the shaker motor itself.

The shaker does work during gameplay on Guardians it’s just at a very low level and it’s on maximum use.

So question any way to bypass the shaker motor connector on the board there inside the coin door on the left and still use it? Everything else on the pin works perfectly just seems to be something there at the board. I’ve reseated the cable from the shaker to the board a few different times with no luck. Thoughts? Or and I haven’t thought of this until now is it supposed to be half the speed and power in this pin?

#7818 1 year ago
Quoted from Zuul:

Did you check in settings that the shaker motor is set to “maximum effect”?

Yes I did. Also when you change that setting to different settings it doesn’t effect the coil test as my other two pins the shaker in coil test are both the same strength no matter what setting I have the shaker strength set to in the adjustments menu.

#7820 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

There is no setting for shaker strength in the adjustment menu. Minimal/Moderate/Maximal refers to how OFTEN the shaker is used. To adjust the strength of the shaker, adjust the weights on the shaker itself. The shaker will shake its strongest when the weights are pointing the same direction. The shake will be its mildest when they are facing in opposite directions.

It is entirely possible the shaker is powered differently between the two games. (Two different coders.)

Thanks I’m leaning towards the second thing you said. I’m curious for those who own this pin and any other newer Stern if you go into the coils test and run the shaker if you notice a significant difference. It’s very clear to me on my other two pins how much stronger it’s used then on Guardians.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 22.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deyanks98.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=Deyanks98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.