IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Butch2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#103 6 years ago

Pick up my Pro from cointaker today. Great people to deal with as always! Truck left Stern on Friday arrived there today. I went straight from work to grab it.

Added Shaker motor, switch Lane protectors, gave it a quick wax along with mylar in the shooter Lane.

Couple of quick First Impressions. Only got to play a couple games before having to go to bed.

Game looks amazing, triangle inserts are color changing. I wasn't expecting that. The rest look awesome also. Ramps are smooth. Initial feeling is I don't feel like I'm playing Metallica or Iron Man but there are shots that make me feel like it. However, those are two of my favorite game so that's not necessarily a bad thing. Right ramp seems a little tight. Drop down Target is a dangerous shot as it can rebound back at you pretty quickly not quite as fast as the Rocket Kick Back though.

None of my games have color changing flipper buttons but I think I'm going to add them on this. Switch lanes protectors are a must because the ball drops right over them.

Code is very early. There are no call-outs at the moment that I have found in the couple of games that I've played. Cherry Bomb is in there and the snippet of Hooked on a Feeling.

Goodie bag does not have slingshot Plastics in it only a Keychain.

Definitely has tons of potential as a keeper for me. Really looking forward to what the code is going to bring

20171120_195514 (resized).jpg20171120_195514 (resized).jpg

20171120_204324 (resized).jpg20171120_204324 (resized).jpg

20171120_194142 (resized).jpg20171120_194142 (resized).jpg

20171120_195509 (resized).jpg20171120_195509 (resized).jpg

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Can you saw what the code version # is?

1511230570108579576521 (resized).jpg1511230570108579576521 (resized).jpg

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Got my game Tuesday. Had five local pinheads over last night to get their first looks and plays on it with me. Everybody liked this pin and agreed it's a winner.

It shoots very smooth and is fun. All raved about the artwork. The Rocket shot really fires back fast at you. Magnet does some neat stuff with balls. Groot head works great and looks awesome. Multiball's are very good.

I was just going to post almost the same exact thing! Had people over last night & they all thought it shot very well. Had other machines going so the lack of callouts wasn't glaring.

Quoted from camcamaro1991:

hey Butch2099, can you post up some pics of the inner cabinet at the front and rear? is there any corner reinforcement on the pro's? On SW we started to see Premium/LE's get some upgrades to help with splitting, sadly the SW Pro's didn't seem to have them, wondering if Stern is going the same route.

I'll try to look today, but I didn't notice anything extra when I installed the shaker.

Going to be adding some mods from Lermods in the next week. I'll post some pictures when I get them in/installed.

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

ok thank you, I hope when the LE guys/gals get theirs maybe they can post up pics, might be a hidden feature like SW was for the Premium/LE's I'll be glad to post up some pics when I get mine.

Looks like an extra piece of wood is there.

20171123_192523 (resized).jpg20171123_192523 (resized).jpg

20171123_192518 (resized).jpg20171123_192518 (resized).jpg

#155 6 years ago

I may have to lower the left post, that seems to be where a lot of cheap drains are coming from.

Ball really flies around on this one, may have to get a plastic protector set when available also.

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Thank you for posting your thoughts, especially about the air balls. Do you think the air balls are like GB Prem/LE?
We use:
https://pu-parts.com/plastics-and-upgrade-kits and playfield protectors on everything.

I had already bought my airball protector & installed it on GB before I played any games..lol

I've had 1 or 2 really fly off the left ramp with a strong clean shot. Not sure if it is a regular thing, but I would buy one if available.

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from ULEKstore:

Current MODs we (ULEKstore) are working on and/or have completed:
- Sling shot protectors
- Return Lane protectors
- Right Orbit plastic protector (Pro model only)
- Rocket plastic protector
- Orb plastic protector
- Flipper Bat MODs
- Left plastic design/mod (I believe this would be for the Pro only)
- Pop Bumper covers/protectors
Please feel free to check out the link below for current plastic protectors and MODs on our website:
http://www.ulekstore.com/category_s/2016.htm
Thanks,
David

Thanks David, I had already looked at your website. I'm waiting for the whole kit before I buy. Slingshots & outlanes are nice, but I feel this game NEEDS to have the Rocket & Orb for protection. I don't want to pay shipping 2x and take the game apart 2x. I like to do everything at once. Usually I don't grab games this early in production & I have all the mods before I get the game..lol

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I have a friend who just got their game set up Wednesday.
It has .66 code but has an issue.
I played the game at IAAPA and never had a problem like he is having so I think it may be new code related.
The problem is the ball will get stuck behind the drop target and the game can't release the ball.
Even after going through 4 or more ball searches. The code is always trying to pop the drop target up and never pulls it down to let the ball out.
I went over and cleaned the drop target opto and put the game in the drop target specific mode test and the drop opto and drop target register perfectly every time. It is only in a game that it will get stuck in the up position.
The game then displays that a pinball is missing and will kick another in the shooter lane to compensate.
Anyone else having this problem on .66 code?
Can't contact Stern as they are closed for the Holiday.

Haven't had any issues on .65

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from ULEKstore:

Fluorescent color enhancing Pop Bumper Plastic Protectors on our GotG. They’ll be available on our website within the next 24 - 48 hours.

Let me know when you post the complete set. Really think that rocket needs the protection the most

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#183 6 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Anyone have a shaker hooked up?
If so, how’s it workin so far?

First thing I did was hook up a Shaker. Going good so far. Seems to be fairly well integrated

#260 6 years ago

Any word on Cliffy protectors for the scoop?

#264 6 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Do LE prem models come with a protected scoop? strange that the pro does now.

No protector on this Pro..

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am thinking the right scoop might be the same dimension as Metallica Mystery scoop. I have a cliffy on mine, can someone measure or compare, I want to order one but want to make sure first before I order.

I had an extra Metallica scoop around and it's not wide enough by a lot. I sent Cliffy a message asking if he was making them but I haven't gotten a response yet.

3 weeks later
#832 6 years ago

What color protectors from Little Shop of games do you guys think would look best?

2 months later
#1476 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Stern needs to have a return policy on a defected item, everywhere else you can do a return why not Stern ?
I’m happy to pay for return shipping rather than keep this turt.
Pinball is supposed to be fun ??!!

Maybe you should mention in your ad that you are having problems with the flippers. I would still keep the turd part out.

9 months later
#3184 5 years ago

I was hoping for a scoop protector from Cliffy but he said he doesn't have this game to make one

10 months later
#4264 4 years ago

Anybody interested in trading their Pro for a NIB limited edition with cash my way?

9 months later
#4553 3 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Ok so I thought I had it figured, but just now when I hit the Orb drop target I had the loss of power to the flippers again. It was only for a second. Its like the machine thinks the ball has drained, and of with no flipper power the ball did drain. I am at a loss now for why the game would loose flipper power like that.

Trough opto? Games thinks the ball drained possibly

8 months later
#5318 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Over the past week groot's mouth has become inconsistent and I'm not sure what to look for. The last game I played it sounded like it was growling when moving the mouth. During cherry bomb it only opened half way and I couldn't make the super. Then in Groot multiball it opened fully and I got a ball in there but then when it went to kick it out it only opened half way and the ball search kept kicking it. Eventually it did resolve itself with a ball search and after it did the grinding sound went away and it worked normal from that point on.
Any ideas?

I know somebody who had 2 Groot jaw Motors go bad on him. Luckily the game was still under warranty

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,495 (Firm)
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Butch2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=Butch2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.