IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BallyKISS1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5450 2 years ago

Joining the club. Put a deposit down for a pro at Cointaker for the next run. Melissa said should arrive in August. Can’t wait!!

#5466 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Get the cleland code!

Does it make the game that much better?

#5477 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Love my guardians of galaxy pro I put the groot arms on n pin stadium lights really made one heck of a light show n the cleland mod is great it’s just a great fun pin

Can you post a pic of the groot hands mod? Do you find it still blocks a lot of the view?

#5478 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

BallyKISS1978 I also can provide you my faster mix GOTG Pro music mix based on clelands version
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"36bbf46caf361b7473070033402e9cbc9e230c68-1626386972-1800"};
//]]>

Ok cool. Thanks. Do you have links to the songs to sample them? Appreciate it

#5490 2 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I refused to get one until I played one with the mod. When I heard that, I jumped on it and don't regret it at all. Incredible change to the game!

His mod made stranger things better. Have to download it and have the SD card ready when the game arrives. Thank you for the reply.

#5499 2 years ago

Does applejuice sound mod have clelands call outs from the movie?

#5521 2 years ago

Have almost all my mods. Just waiting for my topper from mezelmods to arrive. And also my pin. August can’t get here fast enough. I also need to order the scoop cliffy and translucent clear rubber from pinball life. I ordered two groot jaws also.

196B2A2F-4891-44B0-B65B-942C2961E3BE (resized).png196B2A2F-4891-44B0-B65B-942C2961E3BE (resized).png883D3B04-D55E-4A46-BB75-D78379F23612 (resized).png883D3B04-D55E-4A46-BB75-D78379F23612 (resized).png8D96F540-952E-4953-AF6F-0CE899376E15 (resized).png8D96F540-952E-4953-AF6F-0CE899376E15 (resized).png9147D467-96E7-415A-9711-8700CC5B98A1 (resized).png9147D467-96E7-415A-9711-8700CC5B98A1 (resized).pngB65FCCD4-F369-4FF6-A85F-7E398A2CC22E (resized).pngB65FCCD4-F369-4FF6-A85F-7E398A2CC22E (resized).pngC5F066EA-5FCD-4A07-8862-3CE37D5FBDBF (resized).jpegC5F066EA-5FCD-4A07-8862-3CE37D5FBDBF (resized).jpegDDA5CABF-15A8-4B5B-BE15-0E9EF9E80CC5 (resized).jpegDDA5CABF-15A8-4B5B-BE15-0E9EF9E80CC5 (resized).jpegECF43266-3793-43B1-9E4F-ED4FFC34C3A7 (resized).pngECF43266-3793-43B1-9E4F-ED4FFC34C3A7 (resized).png
#5523 2 years ago

Oh yeah. Have memory card already loaded with his code. I went overboard on the mods unfortunately.

#5526 2 years ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

My wife bought me the topper a few weeks ago for my birthday. Absolutely love it and it's much better quality than I was anticipating. Thank you.

Awesome! Did you get the illumination for it? That was nice of your wife to do that for you. Can you post a pic?

#5530 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awesome! I like it more than the stern topper. Glad I got it. Thank you for posting pics and the video! Much appreciated. Not much out there video wise or pics. I didn’t realize it had RGB lighting.

#5531 2 years ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

Yup. I actually like it most with the slow rotating rgb. The colors blend great with this game.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great. Can’t wait to get mine and my pin. Does the newer made pros come with a cliffy protector for the scoop?

#5546 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Your topper is going in the mail this morning. I just picked it up from the powder coater yesterday afternoon. You should see it by early in the week.

Can’t wait!! Thank you so very much!

#5547 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I got one to awhile back just because they haven't been available for awhile. Cheap insurance to have on hand

For $39 I decided to get two for insurance.

#5548 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I saw you purchased a replacement Groot Jaw. Is that for future needs in the event it becomes banged up?

That’s exactly why I purchased two of them. They will eventually be out of stock and not made any longer I assume

#5549 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I need the “ spike 2 system “ one correct ?

Pinball life was out of stock. So I ordered the stern spike II shaker from Cointaker.

#5554 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Glad to see there's others waiting impatiently for their GOTG. C'mon, stern!!

I placed my order with cointaker this month and stoked for it to come. I waited 8 months for Elvira.

#5559 2 years ago

Anyone who has a pro ordered hear anything yet from their distributor if your game is going to ship?

#5563 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

I'm also pending for a Pro, I got a bit overexcited a couple months ago and have a bunch of mods sitting here waiting...
GUARDIANS STAR LORD SHOOTER ROD from superskillshot.com
NEO Pin Stadium lighting
Mezelmods.com stuff
Pinball Trough Lighting Kit- Guardians of the Galaxy - White x 1
Guardians of the Galaxy Pinball Plastic Protectors - Pro x 1
Guardians of the Galaxy Pinball Ramp Illumination - Green x 1
Guardians of the Galaxy Pinball Scoop Illumination - Purple x 1
Guardians of the Galaxy Pinball Groot Illumination x 1
Pinballlife.com stuff:
Guardians Of The Galaxy Clear Orb Plastic Protector
4-Way Power Splitter Board For Stern Pinball Machines Using The SPIKE & SPIKE 2 System
Ball Shooter Lane Kickout Protector Kit For Stern Machines
BriteButtons Illuminated Flipper Button Set For Stern SPIKE & SPIKE 2 System Machines
Headphone Jack And External Volume Control For Stern SPIKE 2 Pinball Machines
Shaker Motor Kit (Rev C) For Stern SPIKE & SPIKE 2 System Games
PinGuard SPIKE Shooter Lane Protector
Stern Pinball Support Slide Bracket Kit for SPIKE & SPIKE 2 Machines
24" x 12" - 3 Mil Clear Mylar By The Linear Foot
Stern Guardians of the Galaxy Art Blades

Are you getting the cliffy protector for the scoop from pinball life? My topper from mezel mods will be here tomorrow hopefully. Hopefully hear some news from Melissa from cointaker that the game has shipped.

#5568 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

I haven't ordered any scoop protector. I'm still not clear on exactly which cliffy it is or how necessary it is. I'm pretty sure I don't want the Stern metal one that looks clunky and covers art, and I planned to decide what to do after looking closely at the scoop on mine, maybe just a bit of mylar would be fine.
I welcome scoop protection advice, how well has it held up over 2-3 years for folks with or without protection?

I definitely would love feedback on the cliffy. I have to place an order with pinball life and don’t want to buy it if not needed or need it and have to pay for shipping later.

#5572 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

The factory solution to the orb protector is a thick metal bar that blocks the view of the shot. I recommend one of the available options to replace that. Horrible factory solution. I used this one one mine but there are others.
https://www.pinballlife.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-clear-orb-plastic-protector.html

Cliffy does not make a protector for the scoop. There is a factory protector available for the LE's that I would recommend installing for the pro. Mine started to get a noticable ding along the middle of the left side of the scoop and I could see the clear starting to chip and I bought the protector. Mylar is not going to protect it.
https://www.pinballlife.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-scoop-protector.html

My bad. That’s the one I was thinking about buying for the scoop. Wish stern put them on all models. Thanks C0unt!!

#5575 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Better version of orb protector upfront and protects the back left plastic from breaking near Groot’s mouth. Also you no longer need metal bracket. This is thick pet-g plastic. Sold 100+ maybe 200 now:

Mod - For Sale

GUARDIANS - ORB AIRBALL + PLASTIC PROTECTOR

New “New & improved version.
Made from 1/8” Pet-g plastic!

GOTG Orb Airball protector - combines a few things:

1. Upfront Orb - airball protector
2. Back left protector of the o...”

35 days ago

Saukville, WI

I bought this and it’s really good. Nice thick piece. Worth the price.

cpr9999

#5576 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Better version of orb protector upfront and protects the back left plastic from breaking near Groot’s mouth. Also you no longer need metal bracket. This is thick pet-g plastic. Sold 100+ maybe 200 now:

I bought this and it’s really good. Nice thick piece. Worth the price.

Mod - For Sale

GUARDIANS - ORB AIRBALL + PLASTIC PROTECTOR

New “New & improved version.
Made from 1/8” Pet-g plastic!

GOTG Orb Airball protector - combines a few things:

1. Upfront Orb - airball protector
2. Back left protector of the o...”

35 days ago

Saukville, WI

cpr9999

#5577 2 years ago

Not really, look at the pics of the le/pre on sterns site. That is how it looks. Didn't really notice the shot any harder. I did adjust the kick out when I installed it though so it was working better after.

How did you adjust it?

#5579 2 years ago

There is some play while you have the 2 rear screws loosened that allows you to aim the scoop a bit. I adjusted it so it went from hitting the tip of the left flipper to mid left flipper.

Thanks C0unt!!

#5587 2 years ago

Now I wait for stern to ship to cointaker and then me. Topper arrived today now wait for my clear translucent rubber, and my scoop protector.

A19F85EE-14F0-4AB9-8924-42D4376CF983 (resized).jpegA19F85EE-14F0-4AB9-8924-42D4376CF983 (resized).jpeg

#5590 2 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

The Stern official topper ? Was that also send from Stern or did cointaker had stock ?

Sorry not the official one. The one from mezel mods. My bad

#5593 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

We should be getting word from our distributors any day now I would think! I can’t friggin wait !

No news from my Melissa at Cointaker yet. Paid my balance off yesterday.

#5598 2 years ago

Anyone hear from the distributor yet if pros are being shipped yet?

#5601 2 years ago

I thought Zach said pros were done and JP was going on the line this week? Man this sucks.

#5610 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Getting it next week!! Distributor just dropped the bomb on me !

Congrats! Man I hope this goes for all of us who preordered a pro. I waited 8 months for Elvira so 2 to 3 weeks isn’t the worst thing. Last of my parts arrive on Monday from Pinball Life. Looking forward to see how clear translucent rubbers look on it. Still need to open mezel mods topper. Still sitting in the box waiting for me to open.

#5612 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Thanks !! Shaker motor kit came in the mail today too!

I bought so much for Guardians. Way too much lol.

#5614 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I would like to get more also but I’m afraid I’d F up something installing them .

It’s not that difficult. And there’s help here if you have any questions or issues.

#5616 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Say “ protectors” for instance . Some looks like you have to move quite a few things to put them on. Sorry if I’m wrong about that but very intimidating for me. I recently bought a new speaker kit for my BOP and that was fairly easy to do. But taken parts of the play field off makes me nervous.
This is me btw when people talk about mods .[quoted image]

One important thing to do is if your unsure take pictures as you go. Putting in plastic protectors, especially for Guardians won’t be that difficult.

#5626 2 years ago

Hopefully Stern ships out this upcoming week. Was hoping it would have happened this week already. Fingers crossed.

#5633 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I think I shared this hidden gem in this thread about three years ago, but it appears there are a lot of new owners, so I thought I'd share it again. [quoted image]

That’s awesome! That needs to be visible. Thanks for sharing again.

#5634 2 years ago

Every machine I've bought nib has been shipped directly from stern.

Melissa At cointaker said they will pick mine up and ship it to me. She said their warehouse is close to Stern. Still haven’t heard anything yet. Hopefully this week.

#5637 2 years ago

Has anyone tested the cabinet node board CN15 to see if the software includes support for LEDs to be used traditionally on the shooter plate? CN15 has four “spare” control lines, which could be activated by the game code if Stern had originally planned for a lighted shooter, kinda like Jurassic Park and AIQ. I am curious if anyone has tried those lines to see if they are being controlled by the gamecode. If not, it’s easy enough to grab static always-on voltage from elsewhere but game effects might be fun if the software included it.

Would like to know that also.

#5648 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Got my tracking number last night! WOOO!

Congrats You lucky bastard. I just emailed Melissa at Cointaker. Hopefully I get some good news.

#5649 2 years ago

Well ordered pinball life translucent clear rubber ring set and was sent green flipper rubber. Was supposed to be all clear. Man this sucks. They are out of stock now. Anyone use green flipper bat rubber? I think it will probably look ok. But I will adding through rgb lighting and really wanted the clear everywhere.

#5652 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys.

Thanks!!Nothing yet. Hopefully get an email from Melissa tomorrow. Have all my parts and mods ready to install.

#5655 2 years ago

Spoke with Melissa at cointaker and they have not received Guardians yet. So not sure what’s going on with Stern. Guess Guardians delayed contrary to what Zach said. Bummer

#5657 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

I'm thinking the same thing. I haven't heard confirmation from anybody that it was actually in production last week, just that it was scheduled again to be. It's been delayed 3 times since I bought mine with a "June Ship" time. I know there are supply issues and delays and GOTG is not the only title affected but it sure is frustrating when the goal posts keep moving and Stern doesn't appear to have much communication with distributors about schedules.
I don't know anything about how the dealer/distributor relationships work with Stern, I imagined there is some online Stern portal where distributors can access parts/schedules and manage orders and see any other information Stern provides them and that they all have access to basically the same information and resources since this is pretty much how everything works in the world these days. That appears to either not be the case, or Stern just isn't updating things or answering the phone. I'm not sure how else to interpret this situation where we ask distributors when to expect our machines to ship and for weeks the answer is that they "haven't heard."
I'm just like anybody else, excited for a NIB and trying to patiently wait each time the ETA is missed. I know there are global supply issues. I know there are challenges. Communication shouldn't be this hard though.

What’s weird is that the one pinsider said he got a tracking number from his distributor for his guardians. That’s why I was thinking Guardians was done. Have not heard back from him so maybe his distributor was wrong.

Sucks the goal post keeps moving for sure, but wouldn’t suck so bad if we had some updates from Stern. I waited 8 months for Elvira and expected that, but sucks when Stern says July/August and Zach says it’s done and ready, and apparently that is not the case.

Just back to waiting and don’t believe anything I guess until FedEx calls you to schedule a drop off for the game. It’s not life or death mind you, but still disappointing. No game is that important, but still brings joy to my family and and me.

#5662 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Nope , that was me. It’s getting here tomorrow.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"1364777441008c9e3adba8701938ec8f0534a29d-1628225306-1800"};
//]]>

Man your lucky. Has to be more than one just shipping. Don’t understand why Cointaker hasn’t received mine yet or any notice? They are right by Stern.

Have my shaker and cleland mod ready and waiting downstairs !

#5682 2 years ago

Where’s my game?!! Now will curl up in bed and be sad and reflect my life choices.

#5684 2 years ago

Maybe the distributor had an earlier unit from a previous build that was earmarked for a customer who finally backed out? Or they found one in their warehouse mis-placed? Either way, it's your lucky day because I don't think any other NIB units are on delivery trucks today...

Hopefully they get built soon. There was supposed to be a run this July/August. Hopefully it still happens.

#5686 2 years ago

My buddy in Florida said his Jurassic Park premium left Stern. What about Guardians?? Guardians was supposed to be first on the line before JP?

#5688 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Just an FYI guys. Build date ? Machine is all set up and working awesome!!!
[quoted image]

So apparently stern has built one at least. WTH Stern?! Congrats btw. But come on Stern!!! Where are you located and whose your distributor?

#5690 2 years ago

I think he said the distributor was THAT PINBALL COMPANY over in Missouri .

Ok thanks! Hopefully the code update was the reason for the delay and they start shipping this coming week. Will have to see if Cleland does another update.

#5697 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I don't see any actual changes to the game rules with the code update?
I'm guessing Stern is just adding adjustment features and such, and locking out Pinball Browser modified code.
So I would just keep running 1.06. Newest software is not always better IMO...

Will do cleland. Thank you!! Can’t wait to get my pin and try your code!

#5698 2 years ago

As long as it comes with 1.06 you should be good. Those yet to get theirs should be careful and verify versions before trying the 1.06 code.

Thanks count, I will check. I hope mine comes with 1.06.

#5706 2 years ago

I don’t want mine shipped with the new code. I have Cleland’s 1.06 all set to use. Man the delay sucks, but not being able to use cleland’s code is even worse Hopefully we get some news this week. Wish Zach had better intel to share.

#5710 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I hope there is a work around for you new owners,I remember when I first played gotg and was disappointed by the bad actors but loved the theme and shots ,I thought man I hope Cleland works his magic,will the other sound mods works like the apple Juice version ,can Cleland update his code for you guys

I hope so to. This freaking sucks. I was so looking forward to clelands updated code. Must say I am really bummed out about this

#5712 2 years ago
Quoted from nagamitsu:

Installed Cleland's mod today and good to hear other songs during game play. Will hold out on updating to 1.08 Question, is it normal to have a ton of black dust in the machine? Mine is used, has a lot of this dust, almost like something burned at some point, but believe it is from wear with the pinballs. First newer pin I have owned, so not familiar with this.
Tim

Normal ware from the plungers in the flipper. How many plays on your guardians?

#5730 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

That really sucks. So mine might be the " Holy Grail"! It cant be the ONLY one built that week with 1.06! no way in hell.

I said you were a lucky bastard but I didn’t realize how lucky you actually were. It can’t be the only one. I still can’t believe more have not shipped. This sucks.

#5731 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Excuse my ignorance, but are the node boards making it impossible to do any future sound mods on these machines? Or just your current code won't work on it?

I believe Jurassic park had the new node boards and the video mod was done. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

#5742 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

Well. I received an update on my GOTG Pro that had a June ship date when I bought it. Stern's supply issues have now delayed mine into Q4 so no earlier than October and possibly not until December. Heavy sigh.

Well this sucks a$$. I paid in full thinking the game would ship this month at cointaker. My buddy in Florida said his JP premium shipped. So they skipped guardians and went to JP. That’s a bunch of crap.

Hopefully they are waiting for some of the old node boards. The delay doesn’t make any sense if they are using the new node boards that are used in the other games. Wish stern would be a little more transparent.

#5746 2 years ago

Well Melissa at cointaker doesn’t have any information and apparently hasn’t bothered to find out any information. I even called Orange County pinball and he got some.

A distributor in Vegas I was referred to after I put a deposit down got his allotment. He had a spot opened up for one and he ended up keeping it and his wife loves it. So I missed out on one right there.

I messaged the pinball store to see if they are in stock and if they charge for shipping on NIB pins.

#5747 2 years ago

Well looks like my guardians will ship tomorrow. Hope it comes with 1.06 code.

#5749 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

Congrats! I hope so too and look forward to hearing!

I will definitely let you know. Hopefully have tracking number tomorrow. And Tuesday delivery.

#5752 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

Mine is scheduled for delivery today. I've got my fingers crossed that it's 1.06, but I'm not hopeful. I'll let you guys know tonight!

Appreciate it. Mine is supposed to ship out today. Fingers crossed it doesn’t have 1.08

#5753 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Yes! nice man!

Thanks my friend. Now the wait to see what code is on it.

#5762 2 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

bad news, y'all. 1.08 on my new machine.

Man that sucks. Hope I get one with 1.06 but doubt it. Boy I hope pinball browser gets updated so we can use clelands code. What’s the build date of your pin?

#5765 2 years ago

Hopefully I get a July build date. Thanks for the update.

#5766 2 years ago

Still no update on my shipping status :/

#5770 2 years ago

Well Melissa got back to me after I emailed her and she said FedEx did not pick up my game yesterday. So now it’s scheduled to be picked up Monday. Just my freaking luck. So will update as I know more information. Still hoping mine was an earlier build in July. Fingers crossed and toes.

#5791 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

I drove for over 11 hours today to join the club. I feel bad about canceling my NIB order with Zach and Nicole but I bought a perfect condition HUO with a March build date running 1.06. A huge thanks to FipNOut for understanding, I know they are stuck with these production delays and they've treated me great. I still have a slot for a Star Wars Pro with them and plan at least one more NIB after that, and I appreciate them having my back.
I have a lot of modding to do now! The original owner already installed Stern art blades, so I have an extra set if anybody is interested. It's otherwise stock so all the other mods I had waiting now have a home.

Did you get a good price? Did Zach not get his allotment for this years run? Man your lucky you got one with 1.06 code. I am waiting for FedEx to pick mine up from cointaker. Was supposed to have shipped Thursday and they didn’t show up. Never thought I would be stressing out if my new pin coming has or doesn’t have a code update. Want to use Clelands sound mod so bad.

#5793 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

The price was fair in my opinion for this crazy pinflation market, $5300. The machine was in almost like new out of box condition.
I can't speak for Zach, but as I understand it, FlipNOut did not get their full allotment and my slot on the list was "outside" their "drastically reduced" allocation. This was unfortunate for me, but I'm sure they are bearing a lot more impact of this situation. Nobody likes waiting for their machines, and I'm sure Zach wants as much as anybody to see orders fulfilled.
The shipping week for my NIB order was pushed back 4 times by Stern and that was factor #1 for my decision to cancel and buy used, I expected the NIB in June and now two months later the idea of waiting another 3-5 months was a huge disappointment. Also, for all I know it could end up pushed into next year. To be fair it could also be earlier, but the point is I don't know when to expect it and for me waiting is much harder without knowing.
Knowing the hardware on my NIB would require new code was factor #2. I know it's a great game as-is and I would want it even if I had to run completely stock with no mods, but I wanted the option to run Cleland or Applejuice's work. It's not really rational to miss a mod I haven't installed yet, but it seems widely agreed that these sound mods elevate the game significantly for people who consider audio to be a core element of gameplay. Yes, *MAYBE* it will turn out that Pinball Browser will find a way to work with 1.08, I sincerely hope so! But from what I've read it doesn't sound promising. I really hope that turns out to be possible.
I was determined to get a GOTG Pro, and in the considerable waiting time since I ordered one I accumulated an almost obscene number of mods. These two factors together mean I had a choice between A) waiting an additional unknown number of months for a machine that "feels" somehow "less" than what I've been waiting for as the shipping goal posts keep moving back, or B) get extremely lucky enough to find a good HUO unit within driving range at a decent price.
I got lucky.

Congrats! I would have done the same thing if I was you. I waited 8 months for Elvira and that sucked. Yours is pretty much new and you saved some money. It does seem odd to miss something you never had regarding Clelands code but I totally agree.

I had his code for stranger Things and never heard his Guardians, but I will be really bummed out If I receive a game with 1.08. Stern doesn’t realize how many games his sound mod has helped Stern sell. Well in my opinion anyway.

Hopefully mine gets picked up by FedEx tomorrow and I get it by Thursday. Looking forward to it and also dreading turning it on and watching it boot up and seeing 1.08.

#5802 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

In my opinion the Cleland code for GOTG is one of the best mods in pinball…better than color DMD, Pinstadiums or Inviglass

This is why I am going to be so bummed if mine arrives with 1.08

#5814 2 years ago

Guardians finally shipped today from cointaker. Have a lot of mods to install including arcade actions lightened flippers.
Now to see which code I receive.

#5821 2 years ago

Also still available at little shop of games. $39.99 Guess see who has cheaper shipping

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/playfield-parts/figures-and-toys/groot-jaw-mouth-for-stern-guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-machine-545-9982-01/

My guardians is on its way to Wichita Kansas.

#5827 2 years ago

Cointaker speaker lights are cheaper and look great.

223DAA22-70D4-4F83-991A-CD4A21026783 (resized).jpeg223DAA22-70D4-4F83-991A-CD4A21026783 (resized).jpeg
#5828 2 years ago

Here’s a video of the cointaker lights set to go off with sound when I had my BKSOR

#5839 2 years ago

Guardians arrives on Friday. Will update on which code I have. Fingers crossed for 1.06

#5848 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_tagram:

My pro showed up yesterday and I got it powered up today. Build date July 30th with 1.08 code also the orb was broke upon unboxing and it wouldn't power on at first. I had to unplug and then reseat all the connectors in case anyone else has issues with theirs turning on.
[quoted image]

Man that freaking sucks, more so about the 1.08 code. So they didn’t have the connectors seated well at all? Never pays to rush but stern doesn’t care. Glad you got it powered on at least.

Quoted from Pin_tagram:

The box it came in had a serious amount of warehouse dust on the top of it so I was hoping that meant it had been sitting a while and maybe have 1.06 code...no such luck

Yeah that initially looked like a good sign. Man I hope pinball browser gets updated. Want to use clelands mod so bad.

#5869 2 years ago

Well arrived today. Top of box was really dirty. So I was hoping it was a good sign, but I remembered the pinsider who said his was also but had the 1.08 code.

Nervously started unboxing. Saw date stamp on bottom of the cabinet. Put front legs on then lifted up the rear. Same date stamp on the back of the cabinet as it was underneath. Date of March 17,2021!!! It must have been sitting somewhere for a while.

Fired up the game and low and behold code 1.06!! So freaking happy!! Now I have a ton of mods to put in, I mean a lot. Already have Clelands sound mod downloaded and ready to go.

First thing I am going to do is swap out those bright white LEDs in the back. Magnet works great out of the box.

Only issue was a pop bumper was locked on right after ball one was kicked out. Just gapped the switch and now fine. Just widened it a little too far apart.

Next pin Halloween CE or if Godzilla gets released.

9F8DA4A8-8F8D-4760-A837-398EAF29EF83 (resized).jpeg9F8DA4A8-8F8D-4760-A837-398EAF29EF83 (resized).jpeg4F92C05B-B5CF-4978-B76F-6FC5B388334E (resized).jpeg4F92C05B-B5CF-4978-B76F-6FC5B388334E (resized).jpeg

3CAD9896-9F85-4D00-B3C8-E5F76439AC6C (resized).jpeg3CAD9896-9F85-4D00-B3C8-E5F76439AC6C (resized).jpeg7085A0F1-FB51-4ED3-8B51-07A93E27BC8A (resized).jpeg7085A0F1-FB51-4ED3-8B51-07A93E27BC8A (resized).jpeg

C6C21074-0EEA-4988-A293-5777F15F7EB4 (resized).jpegC6C21074-0EEA-4988-A293-5777F15F7EB4 (resized).jpeg
#5871 2 years ago

Clearly a unit that was sitting in the factory for months, and then drop shipped to you right from Stern! Perhaps this is part of a small quantity of special stock, previously held for samples, or promotion, or employee sales, or whatever. In any case, you win!!!

Yeah definitely a win for me regardless where it came from. I added teal LEDs on the back and green for the spotlights for now. The bright white clear lens LEDs were too much. Will tackle all the other mods tomorrow.

FCB02084-09C5-47E6-A892-CAFB4EEAD01D (resized).jpegFCB02084-09C5-47E6-A892-CAFB4EEAD01D (resized).jpegF822688A-0D7D-40A3-A4F3-95BCD76B0EBD (resized).jpegF822688A-0D7D-40A3-A4F3-95BCD76B0EBD (resized).jpeg471CF788-B91A-4A52-A140-3305F59571B6 (resized).jpeg471CF788-B91A-4A52-A140-3305F59571B6 (resized).jpeg
#5873 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

Wow! Congrats! Amazing to get a March build right after the July/August run! I'm still considering replacing the white lights in the back but they haven't bothered me much yet since I'm tall enough I don't see them directly much. I probably don't even need them at all with the PinStadium come to think of it.
I notice in your pictures that the back plastic with "We are Groot" looks attached with silver screws. Mine has no screws at all and the entire plastic is just held loose in place by the ramps. I guess I should figure out the screw size and fix that, I didn't even notice the screw holes at first. I have no idea why they are missing, the guy I bought it from didn't mention it but it hasn't been a problem so far and will be easy to fix.
My obscene mod list status is currently:
Installed:
Cleland sounds for code 1.06
shaker motor, pinball life
shooter eject trough protector
orange flourescent acrylic lower lane protectors, ULEK
green flourescent acrylic sling plastic protectors, ULEK
orange flourescent acrylic right orbit plastic protector, ULEK
shooter rod, superskillshot.com
speaker lighting and acrylic design, speakerlightkits.com
service rails, pinball life, replacing stock pegs
green LED Groot mouth illumination, mezelmods
purple LED scoop illumination, mezelmods
green LED ramp illumination, mezelmods
purple LED flipper buttons, britemods
white LED trough lighting, lermods
clear cabinet flipper button protector set, titan
pinwoofer spike super kit GT
pinstadium neo
competition silicon rings, titan
Yet to install:
orb airball plastic protector, cpr9999
scoop protector, pinball life
orange flourescent acrylic rocket plastic protector, ULEK
colored flourescent acrylic pop bumber plastics protectors, ULEK
orange LED standup target bar illumination, mezelmods
sunon maglev 4020 silent fan for power supply, amazon

Thank you! So glad I got an earlier bid date game with 1.06. You have a bunch of mods there installed and more to do. When did you get your game? Surprised your we are groot sign is missing the screws. That’s weird.

I have most of those mods myself. I spent probably $700 or more just on mods. Will update as I go.

#5878 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Might wanna block out yr address, name, phone number etc,

Oh crap! Thanks!!

#5879 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Congratulations glad you got the one u wanted I’m still loving mine

I am so happy I got an earlier build with 1.06. So freaking awesome and unbelievable. It was sitting at Stern for a long time apparently in a corner. It shipped directly from Stern.

#5880 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Too late. I am already on my with a box truck!

Too funny

#5884 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

I canceled my NIB order because I didn't make the cut for my distributor's reduced allocation so was facing another 3-5 months wait, and I drove 11+ hours one week ago today to buy a used HUO with a March 22 build date.

Man sucks you had to drive that much but at least you got one and you can use clelands sound mod.

Quoted from ExSquid:

Wow congrats man. Long time coming. And I'm with ya on Godzilla I'm going all in on that one!

Looks like LE on Godzilla will not be had. Unfortunately with distributors charging much more over MSRP, that’s fine with me that I won’t be able to get one. No way paying $12 or $13k for one. Premium will be just fine for me. Hopefully we get an announcement next month.

#5886 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

This market is NUTS, N V T S nuts!
[quoted image]

Beyond nuts at this point. Even used old games are insane.

Making more progress. Translucent rubbers added, some colore LEDs, fluorescent plastic protectors, removed clear stern super white LEDs and put in frosted ones so not blinded. Flipper bat decals and honeycomb plastic insert by Rocket ball eject.

Green flipper rubber looks really good on them. Have more things to do, bunch more.

275CDF2E-4FD8-4983-BAAE-84CB81D2CDAB (resized).jpeg275CDF2E-4FD8-4983-BAAE-84CB81D2CDAB (resized).jpeg7F637F9E-1D60-4117-A78E-6A7BC5669A25 (resized).jpeg7F637F9E-1D60-4117-A78E-6A7BC5669A25 (resized).jpegAE88D74A-C6F8-456E-9F10-3B234C82A2B5 (resized).jpegAE88D74A-C6F8-456E-9F10-3B234C82A2B5 (resized).jpeg5B191F2B-3BF9-4817-AA42-7D0934051F49 (resized).jpeg5B191F2B-3BF9-4817-AA42-7D0934051F49 (resized).jpeg50ECEEFD-B936-436C-BE26-9DD9E84A7B04 (resized).jpeg50ECEEFD-B936-436C-BE26-9DD9E84A7B04 (resized).jpeg

#5891 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

Those are nice options but not to my personal taste. I actually prefer the black apron although I am considering going metal but so far I really have no objections to the plastic apron. The clear plastic scoop sign is very nice, but again isn't to my taste. I like the idea and how the design matches the "prison lineup" background from Kiln but I personally prefer the non-transparent art of the stock sign that hides the circuit boards and wiring.
There are other popular mods I have also decided against, it's all up to personal taste in my opinion. I don't even know why I don't like the honeycomb flipper toppers or lighted flippers, they are cool but for some reason I haven't put my finger on I personally don't like them. I love ripping spinners, but somehow I'm not interested in adding them to my Pro. I've seen a few nice looking dome covers but none that I really like, I'm thinking of designing and 3D printing something myself, perhaps in translucent PLA. There are some gem mods for the orb but I haven't seen one I like well enough yet and am also considering designing a 3D print for that too in translucent plastic. I'm still thinking about what I want to do for a topper.
The variety of mods out there for this pin is amazing.

I decided against the translucent prison sign also. The stock one looks really good to me. I went with the Mezel Mods topper with lighting. All metal and looks great.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-mods/products/guardians-of-the-galaxy-silhouette-topper?variant=12431315206241

I am going to put it in today. I need to order a 4 way splitter though. Too many things to plug in lol.

54B1B26A-BB27-40DE-B1B6-CD252D7BDB8C (resized).png54B1B26A-BB27-40DE-B1B6-CD252D7BDB8C (resized).pngF8C39009-98C8-4DA2-BD01-B628F6D6E057 (resized).pngF8C39009-98C8-4DA2-BD01-B628F6D6E057 (resized).png
#5892 2 years ago

Put in the silhouette topper from Mezel Mods. Love it!

FC9A14B1-41C9-44F0-8697-19E67FF13189 (resized).pngFC9A14B1-41C9-44F0-8697-19E67FF13189 (resized).png
#5897 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Damn that looks nice

Thanks brother! I highly recommend buying one. My magnet is pretty consistent. It doesn’t fling the ball hard at all. I didn’t do the washer fix yet since it is catching it. I don’t want to mess it up. I am an ex doc/squid myself.

#5899 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Yeah just gotta convince my other half to spring for it ! hahah. NAVY? nice! I was on an LPH in Somalia and Iraq in the 90s

Damn brother. You were in the thick of it. Thanks for your service. No good liberty in either of those two places. I was in from 92 to 96. I was lucky to be in San Diego and Bethesda.

Need to convince her. It’s only $145, nothing compared to what we paid for the game lol.

#5901 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Haha got that right I actually put my email on Marcos list for if and when the stern topper hopefully gets back in stock.
I was in the same years! Probably was in Great Mistakes same time as you.

Get the Mezel mods one. Stern one will never be in stock again unfortunately.

https://mezelmods.com/products/guardians-of-the-galaxy-silhouette-topper

#5907 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

How tall is that thing?. I only have an 8 inch clearance to the ceiling .
[quoted image]

Oh dang, definitely won’t fit buddy. It’s taller than 8”

#5908 2 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

I asked this awhile ago, and never really did get an answer. My pros playfield has a slight raise in it just above the magnet. You can feel it, but can't see it. Does anyone else have this on their machine?

I am not going to check mine. Ignorance is bliss. My magnet is working but doesn’t kick the ball out quick though, just let’s it go pretty much. I am 6.5 degrees I believe.

#5929 2 years ago

What do you guys have your voice and music settings at? Also My magnet catches the ball 100% of the time, only issue I have is the release of the pinball is very slow. Just releases it but doesn’t really shoot it out.

Do you think adding the washer to the magnet will help or is their anything else I can do or check?

Just got it NIB this month with March 17th 2021 build and 1.06 code. Thank God it has 1.06, the game is so much better with clelands code. Could never go back to stock code.

#5934 2 years ago
Quoted from jstarner79:

I just installed the deluxe 12 speaker lights kit in my pro. The speaker lights turn on and work great, but the machine says "48v disabled. Close coin door or pull intertock switch to restore power." I've tried opening and closing the coin door, but nothing happens. Any tips or advice on this? I've only had my machine running for a few days, so it should be working just fine. It was working before I installed the speaker lights kit, and now it's not.

Remove the speaker light kit (disconnect it) and see if the problem goes away to see if that is causing the issue first.

#5945 2 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Cleaning the playfield after installing the washers solved mine. I just used a bit of Novus 2 on the magnet area. Took like 2 minutes.
Good luck!

How many washers did you install? I did one and it helped send the ball in different directions now versus just dropping it

#5958 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

He aint lying about stranger things wow. I have an LE and have spent MANY hours dialing that shit in and it still isnt perfect, but the game is great. Thank god for chuckwurt helping out in that thread.

That’s why I didn’t get a premium. But sold my STh pro and bought Guardians instead. No regrets.

#5977 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

So I started peeling off the pinblades that i ripped last week when I lifted the playfield up. Its leaving a lot of white residue on the sides no matter how slow I peel them. Anyone know how to get/clean that off without causing a huge mess or damaging anything?

Grab some packing tape and use that to lift off the white residue. Press against the cabinet and lift it off. Also duct tape if it’s on their good. Windex to wipe off the rest.

#5980 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Thanks. I also emailed Tilt Graphics . Haven’t heard back from them yet . Oh well.

Hopefully they get back to you. So what I said. Will take some time but will work. Windex works great to break up residue and glue.

1 week later
#6019 2 years ago

I finally got confirmation (from freight company) that my NIB Pro has arrived across town here in NorCal! (I just arranged for delivery on Monday morning.) It will be interesting to see what build-date, gamecode version and node board revs were used....

Good luck. I am so glad I got a March 2021 build with 1.06. Got my game last month and love Clelands code.

#6042 2 years ago
Quoted from wbloss:

Agreed. There are a couple arcade/bar places in town that my wife and I went to for that reason. We tried many different games and GOTG was the far and away favorite. I've been trying to purchase since earlier this Spring and just want to make sure I understand all the recent updates before buying. Thanks!

Also give AIQ a try. I bought a guardians pro last month and bought an Avengers pro that was delivered on Monday. Both great games. Avengers is pretty damn great.

1 week later
#6089 2 years ago

Anyone installed the metal scoop hole protector sold by PBL? Before I jump into it, any issues or things to look for I should know about?

No issues for me. Went in ok and looks good.

1 week later
#6163 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

This will be a joke after a while and you get you chops working on games!no worries!

I have to agree,just poor shaker implementation!

I enjoy the shaker especially when it goes off with the pops.

#6165 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

I have been reading through the forum and saw posts about a magnet fix. My pro does not catch the balls from the orb shot, so obviously not working as it should. The magnet fix posts were from 3 years ago, so...
Question: is this still a recommended fix, as in, have there been any issues (e.g. playfield issues) by adding the washers?
July 28 build, so guessing it never worked properly from the factory.

Adding two washers and making sure your playfield is clean is still the fix.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,495 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BallyKISS1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=BallyKISS1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.