IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 171.
#1 6 years ago

Haven't seen an owners thread yet. So here we go...

I have my order in for a LE. Curious to see how many have placed orders already and can't wait until members start receiving their machines!!!

#2 6 years ago

It always boggles my mind to see people plop coin down on a pin without playing it first.

#3 6 years ago

This thread is going to be pretty lonely for awhile considering there are no owners yet lol.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I have my order in for a LE. Curious to see how many have placed orders already and can't wait until members start receiving their machines!!!

Congratulations on your new game! I hope you have plenty of fun with it. Nothing like new pin day.

Happy Flipping!

#5 6 years ago

This thread gives me hope for the future release of Stern Back to the Future.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

We want pictures and a full review once you get it!

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

This thread gives me hope for the future release of Stern Back to the Future.

Not going to happen. On my last visit to Stern and in Garys office i asked him. His reply ' been there done that only move forward ' ...
I can tell you a Bttf is definitely not happening

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

We want pictures and a full review once you get it!

Definitely! Although, even though I preordered early I won't be one of the first receiving. I was told that the pro's are currently being assembled on the line now and will start delivering in as little as 2 weeks. Pre's will be end of Nov or first week of Dec and LE's end of Dec. I am trying to setup a factory tour around the time my LE is being assembled and will post pics of the GOTG's on the assembly line!

As Pinsiders start to receive their Pro's they will post pics/reviews! Can't wait to see some game play and in hand pic's/reviews.

I've already started buying upgrades.... lol

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

It always boggles my mind to see people plop coin down on a pin without playing it first.

I did that for Star Wars. I saw it at CAX and it looked interesting, but the lines were too long. I literally bought it so I could play it without any lines.

My reasoning was if I didn't like it I could probably flip it and get most of the money back.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

assuming since it's basically a re-themed metallica. I don't see that being a bad thing. nothing stern has released lately has been that bad, even with star wars apparently there are enough people to like it for it to be #28. I haven't played it enough myself to pass judgement. Finally got a chance to put a descent amount of time on batman, I actually kind of liked it. Wouldn't ever own one but... So, even their "less popular" titles are still pretty fun, not sure, but I think that's what the majority of the people who own pins buy them for.

Maybe it was due to time constriction, money cost, laziness or since Metallica was rated really well, why change the basic format. some designers tend to keep it safe, which isn't a bad thing. Pinbot and jackbot are two of my favorite games. metallica and guardians at least look different, and will probably play completely different, with shots that are proven to work. After all the previous issues, if people are still pre-buying games, I'm sure most of them are aware of what they are getting into, it's their decision. If anything, it's good for the industry, someone has to be first.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I've done this because I enjoy pinball and frankly haven't played a game yet I didn't enjoy at some level. Have I bought games and later tired of them? sure. Have I bought games and lost money when I resold? you bet. Have I bought games that didn't have finished code? yes. But its still been fun and even mediocre pins have better resale value than vacations, new cars, Halloween decorations, etc.

What I don't understand is people who come on pinside or have a podcast and got on and on about how they hate some particular game. If you hate it move on.. if not to a new game then to another lobby. Let the rest of us enjoy it.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I bought my Metallica Pre, Tron LE and now GOTG LE sight unseen/never played. I love both of those...

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I bought my Metallica Pre, Tron LE and now GOTG LE sight unseen/never played. I love both of those...

You got lucky on those. Replace those two with Batman and star wars and I doubt you'd be as thrilled.

#14 6 years ago

We're in to put a premium at our location!

#15 6 years ago

I'm in for a Pro yo!

#16 6 years ago

Hate the be a Debbie Downer - but I can't pull the trigger on this without some hands on.

#17 6 years ago

Someone kick this guy out! ^^^^

#18 6 years ago

I don't care to own any game I don't have to send the manufacturer a video explaining why I deserve to give them lots of money so I can have the privilege of owning it...

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Someone kick this guy out! ^^^^

I am SOOOO tempted to preorder this! It is looking very promising for sure. It's just....I promised myself...

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I am SOOOO tempted to preorder this! It is looking very promising for sure. It's just....I promised myself...

The reveal stream is in like two weeks I think. I’d probably wait and watch that and pay close attention and if I liked it I’d place my order the next day! You can tell a lot by the reveal streams. I seen BM66 and knew it was crap just by watching, and when I seen like AS I was like whoa.......this is much better than I thought it was gonna be!

#21 6 years ago

I'm taking the risk and ordering an LE! Can't wait to see this beauty in person! I pre-ordered Star Wars and don't regret it one bit!

#22 6 years ago

Well this look a bit better....

601edef8fec04ba3505146b0fcd15e53459b0282 (resized).jpeg601edef8fec04ba3505146b0fcd15e53459b0282 (resized).jpeg

#23 6 years ago

Well it begins... I just ordered:

Stern HD Glass
LED Backbox
Red LED buttons
PinStadium lights
Under cabinet lights

Will be ordering Titan rubbers as well.

I'm sure there will be more as time goes on...

#24 6 years ago

What is LED backbox? Just know that you can’t be certain any potential buyers will put any value in mods. Mod money is like Vegas money. Glass being the possible exception.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Not going to happen. On my last visit to Stern and in Garys office i asked him. His reply ' been there done that only move forward ' ...
I can tell you a Bttf is definitely not happening

Not that I don’t believe Gary, but...... Playboy, TSPP, T3, IJ4, BDK, ST, WWE, KISS, SMVE, BM66, SW, all those where repeat visits to previously done themes.

Maybe BTTF simply isn’t a theme Gary is into?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 6 years ago

Now that does look pretty cool... the plain mustard color was pretty awful, but that ‘Collector’ look with the black coming through is far better!

Quoted from Blacksun:

I preordered an LE. The wife desperately wanted a GotG if it came out because it’s her absolute favorite movie. I ordered a SW and AS Game unseen/played and have been thrilled with both. Only two things I’m not happy about with this one are the decisions to use plastic ramps on the premium/LEs, and the possible no inclusion of any music from the Awesome Mix soundtracks.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Not going to happen. On my last visit to Stern and in Garys office i asked him. His reply ' been there done that only move forward '

Quoted from J85M:

Not that I don’t believe Gary, but...... Playboy, TSPP, T3, IJ4, BDK, ST, WWE, KISS, SMVE, BM66, SW, all those where repeat visits to previously done themes.

Yeah, that reasoning/line of logic really has ZERO credibility or even make the slightest bit of sense, when the most newest of their games is based on a 40 year old movie that has had FOUR other incarnations of the theme.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

Now that does look pretty cool... the plain mustard color was pretty awful, but that ‘Collector’ look with the black coming through is far better!

I preordered an LE. The wife desperately wanted a GotG if it came out because it’s her absolute favorite movie. I ordered a SW and AS Game unseen/played and have been thrilled with both. Only two things I’m not happy about with this one are the decisions to use plastic ramps on the premium/LEs, and the possible no inclusion of any music from the Awesome Mix soundtracks.

Agree, Breaking up that gold helps ALOT!!!

#29 6 years ago

Where did that pic come from?

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

Where did that pic come from?

Sterns Instagram account....

#31 6 years ago

looking forward to seeing the entire side on the game with the artwork

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

And Stern loves it. That's why we keep getting chopped down versions of games, title after title.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Maybe BTTF simply isn’t a theme Gary is into?

Yeah and Gary may say one thing now and the company may acquire the rights at some point down the track or another company may already have the rights (which has been rumoured it was Dutch Pinball).
A new Back to the Future pinball machine is a license to print money.

Things Gary has said:
No more Iron Man - then they release a Vault Edition.
KISS will never happen, license is too expensive. KISS was released.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Well Stern just confirmed via Facebook post the etched gold side rails are upgrades.

E5B40CDE-D5A1-4D63-8739-B29870E8FA05 (resized).jpegE5B40CDE-D5A1-4D63-8739-B29870E8FA05 (resized).jpeg

#35 6 years ago

that sucks

#36 6 years ago

Yup. Agree. I’m only buying the LE for the backglass at this point.

Seriously considering changing to a premium now.

#37 6 years ago

Well that is a big, thick, long, steaming pile of poop Thought they’d do something cool like the Star Wars LE or Star Trek LE for this cool space adventure theme. Really a disappointing decision for crappy brown yellow armor for a LIMITED EDITION, $1200 more machine. It’s an LE, make it badass. So dumb

#38 6 years ago

All you read and
Wear or see and
Hear on TV
Is a product
Begging for your
Fatass dirty
Dollar

So...Shut up and

BUY!! BUY!!!!

Buy my new pinball!!!!
Send more money!!

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Well it begins... I just ordered:
Stern HD Glass
LED Backbox
Red LED buttons
PinStadium lights
Under cabinet lights
Will be ordering Titan rubbers as well.
I'm sure there will be more as time goes on...

The LE doesn’t come with HD glass from the factory????

Seriously?

#40 6 years ago

Ordered my pro last week, pretty psyched for it to come in! I still dig the gold on the LE

#41 6 years ago

Just ordered a premium, pretty disappointed in the LE not having the laser cut side armor. The premium looks badass and can’t wait for it to arrive!!

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead86:

Just ordered a premium, pretty disappointed in the LE not having the laser cut side armor. The premium looks badass and can’t wait for it to arrive!!

Gratz!

I think the laser cut side rails would help LE sales tremendously

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

All you read and
Wear or see and
Hear on TV
Is a product
Begging for your
Fatass dirty
Dollar
So...Shut up and
BUY!! BUY!!!!
Buy my new pinball!!!!
Send more money!!

I know you well, you are a part of me. STERN knows us better than we know ourselves.

#44 6 years ago

OP can we get a poll on who is buying what model?

I would imagine most buyers are on here, especially of the 600 LEs.

I’m thinking about an LE, (£9500!) but the Prem (£8295) maybe a better option, as mentioned in the other GOTG thread I could add shaker, art blades get the siderails, have all hardware re-powdercoated & add invisiglass & STILL SAVE £s

Maybe if we could show STERN how many are opting for a Prem instead of LE they may put the rails on the LE

I also heard that STERN were only making LEs that they had orders for (due to poor SW sales) So might be less than 600 if they don’t pull their finger out and give LE customers a better product

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Maybe if we could show STERN how many are opting for a Prem instead of LE they may put the rails on the LE
I also heard that STERN were only making LEs that they had orders for (due to poor SW sales) So might be less than 600 if they don’t pull their finger out and give LE customers a better product

The only way to show Stern is too not by the LE, if they have low LE sales again but they cant keep up with premium and after market side rail orders, it sends a message that people expect an "LE package" from an LE, not just different rails or a backglass or a shaker but all of it plus a little more bling for their buck.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The only way to show Stern is too not by the LE, if they have low LE sales again but they cant keep up with premium and after market side rail orders, it sends a message that people expect an "LE package" from an LE, not just different rails or a backglass or a shaker but all of it plus a little more bling for their buck.

Umm...from what I've seen we are much better at throwing our money at new (and unproven) pins than withholding it in some type of organized protest...

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Umm...from what I've seen we are much better at throwing our money at new (and unproven) pins than withholding it in some type of organized protest...

You ain’t wrong, but I only said what we need to do, I didn’t say we would actually be able to do it

#48 6 years ago

People who keep pre-ordering LEs of Stern's shiniest newly announced pinball games without understanding what they're getting or playing the games before ordering enable Stern to ship LEs without shaker motors, special features like the laser cut rails, proper call outs, soundtracks, etc. GotG examples of unknowns at announcement include not knowing anything about the code, mass confusion on what music it will come with, and the laser cut side rails, not to mention game play. Oh, and in the case of GotG you're playing Lonnie ball with your hard earned dollars. So, you've possibly got chopping wood or a progress road block in your future.

#49 6 years ago

And there goes Stern being stupid and greedy again. Put the laser cut rails on the damn LE you bunch of idiots....you're losing sales and respect from a whole bunch of people in the community. Get your head out of the sand.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#50 6 years ago

So buy the premium and add the rails. Or skip it and buy the PRO if you don't like their marketing. personally I think the PRO would be just fine!

Quoted from flashinstinct:

And there goes Stern being stupid and greedy again. Put the laser cut rails on the damn LE you bunch of idiots....you're losing sales and respect from a whole bunch of people in the community. Get your head out of the sand.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 28.00
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dow, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?hl=mfsrc791 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.