IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 171.
#4901 3 years ago

Owned both GOTG is still here. TMNT theme song got old fast.

#4902 3 years ago

Thanks for the advise

Choice between TMNT and gotg was a tough one.

I only have gotg LE like 6-8 weeks so perhaps still in honeymoon phase. But because of theme, music and video I decided in the end for gotg.

Was a close call as I do believe TMNT has more shots and could be a better player pin but to afraid I couldn’t get over the theme. The sounds and music (I played it like 2 hours) just didn’t do it with me. Shots is another topic and this I like TMNT a lot and made me hesitate for such a long time. Not that I dislike it but have also no sentimental memories of the turtles. So perfect would have been a TMNT layout with gotg theme.

Thanks again for the advise and who knows what the future will bring. For now the gotg will stay which I am sure you will agree with, it’s the gotg thread after all....

2413C66E-F4FE-4190-AC10-84F5347A5D3E (resized).jpeg2413C66E-F4FE-4190-AC10-84F5347A5D3E (resized).jpegAFEFDB53-79FD-4C53-AEFE-27D1D23CE402 (resized).jpegAFEFDB53-79FD-4C53-AEFE-27D1D23CE402 (resized).jpeg
#4903 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Thanks for the advise
I only have gotg LE like 6-8 weeks so perhaps still in honeymoon phase. But because of theme, music and video I decided in the end for gotg.
Was a close call as I do believe TMNT has more shots and could be a better player pin but to afraid I couldn’t get over the theme. The sounds and music (I played it like 2 hours) just didn’t do it with me. Shots is another topic and this I like TMNT a lot and made me hesitate for such a long time. Not that I dislike it but have also no sentimental memories of the turtles. So perfect would have been a TMNT layout with gotg theme.
Thanks again for the advise and who knows what the future will bring. For now the gotg will stay which I am sure you will agree with, it’s the gotg thread after all....[quoted image][quoted image]

I think GOTG shoots much better than TMNT.

#4904 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Thanks for the advise
Thanks again for the advise and who knows what the future will bring. For now the gotg will stay which I am sure you will agree with, it’s the gotg thread after all....[quoted image][quoted image]

be sure to run cleland code sound mod for GOTG...must have!

#4905 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Thanks for the advise

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod

#4906 3 years ago

I'm looking to purchase a topper if anyone is selling. Thanks!

#4907 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

be sure to run cleland code sound mod for GOTG...must have!

I am running it, even posted a stream in the thread.

However, at the moment I am running applejuice version. I must admit that real audio clips from the movie combined with the ‘battle music’ from stern ain’t bad either. It stimulates. Depending on the mood I will insert SD card with the version I desire at that moment.

#4908 3 years ago

Just picked up a new GOTG Pro! Build date Aug 2020 and as soon as it was set up, Cleland’s code was installed. Very pleased so far. Adjusted the speech to -20 and now I can hear the call outs perfectly. I prefer them to be a little louder than the soundtrack like in a movie. Already ordered a complete plastic protector kit from ULEK here on pinside. Looking forward to seeing how much it will make the plastics pop even more!

Any suggestions on any other mods?? Thinking upgraded speaker either flipper fidelity or pinwoofer. Have had both of these products in present/past pins and always enjoy the extra sound quality.

Is a shaker motor a good add on on this pin?? Loved it on my former Iron Man, but some games don’t seem to either need it or it isn’t utilized well in some games code.

Thank you!

40E3BEA7-FDCE-4FF9-8BF4-7084DA62337E (resized).jpeg40E3BEA7-FDCE-4FF9-8BF4-7084DA62337E (resized).jpegE1D1BC65-2428-4F5E-AC17-B08C8B90A72B (resized).jpegE1D1BC65-2428-4F5E-AC17-B08C8B90A72B (resized).jpeg
#4909 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Just picked up a new GOTG Pro! Build date Aug 2020 and as soon as it was set up, Cleland’s code was installed. Very pleased so far. Adjusted the speech to -20 and now I can hear the call outs perfectly. I prefer them to be a little louder than the soundtrack like in a movie. Already ordered a complete plastic protector kit from ULEK here on pinside. Looking forward to seeing how much it will make the plastics pop even more!
Any suggestions on any other mods?? Thinking upgraded speaker either flipper fidelity or pinwoofer. Have had both of these products in present/past pins and always enjoy the extra sound quality.
Is a shaker motor a good add on on this pin?? Loved it on my former Iron Man, but some games don’t seem to either need it or it isn’t utilized well in some games code.
Thank you!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Love my Ronan's Hammer mod from Mezel Mods. Also I added shaker and enjoy it. It's modest though, no big shaker moments just subtle rumbling when lit shots are hit.

#4910 3 years ago

Congrats! Guardians is a family favorite here!

Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Any suggestions on any other mods??

Only because you asked, the lenticular cards I make for the aprons seem to be well received from those who have purchased them.... I have them for quite a few different machines. It makes a huge difference changing from those sweet yellow apron cards-

3D Effect-
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lenticular-apron-cards/page/2#post-6068794
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lenticular-apron-cards/page/2#post-6071496

Store with videos for each game-
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie

#4911 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Love my Ronan's Hammer mod from Mezel Mods. Also I added shaker and enjoy it. It's modest though, no big shaker moments just subtle rumbling when lit shots are hit.

Agree with the shaker comments. I have Star Wars next to Guardians. Star Wars feels like it is going to walk across the room, Guardians is pretty subtle, with most of the effect felt during Groot Mulitball.

#4912 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Agree with the shaker comments. I have Star Wars next to Guardians. Star Wars feels like it is going to walk across the room, Guardians is pretty subtle, with most of the effect felt during Groot Mulitball.

Agreed. GOTG shaker is underwhelming

#4913 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Agreed. GOTG shaker is underwhelming

Better effect with sub

#4914 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Better effect with sub

Agree with that too... I am sharing a 12" external Sub with Star Wars and Guardians.... The sub is a must have..... different feel all together.

#4915 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Only because you asked, the lenticular cards I make for the aprons seem to be well received from those who have purchased them.

Ok just ordered the lenticular set! They look great. I was going to just print off a set of normal color ones on the Web, but this idea is pretty cool. I look forward to seeing them in the pin!!

Based on what others say, may pass on the shaker and think mainly for a powers sub and upgraded speakers.

#4916 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Ok just ordered the lenticular set! They look great. I was going to just print off a set of normal color ones on the Web, but this idea is pretty cool. I look forward to seeing them in the pin!!
Based on what others say, may pass on the shaker and think mainly for a powers sub and upgraded speakers.

I think you will like them... they look way cooler in person.... they are super tough to get a good photo of. Thanks!

I am not sure if a speaker upgrade will make that big of a difference or not. I know that my factories sound really clear. But yeah, a quality sub is awesome in this game, especially with all of the great music.

#4917 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am not sure if a speaker upgrade will make that big of a difference or not. I know that my factories sound really clear. But yeah, a quality sub is awesome in this game, especially with all of the great music.

I’d keep the factory speaks and add an external sub. With the cleland sound mod this game with a sub is f-ing fantastic!

The GotG that I have was one of the mod developers games and had every know mod on it. I removed a few because it was too much for my taste, but I do like the mirror blades and some of the lighting mods in the scoop, groots mouth, behind the ramps, the hammer mod and the Milano model mod with flashing lights.
It also had spinners added that are fun but not really necessary.

#4918 3 years ago

Joining the club tomorrow thanks to Marshall at Little shop in Florida

#4919 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Joining the club tomorrow thanks to Marshall at Little shop in Florida

Whoop whoop!!

#4920 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Congrats! Guardians is a family favorite here!

Only because you asked, the lenticular cards I make for the aprons seem to be well received from those who have purchased them.... I have them for quite a few different machines. It makes a huge difference changing from those sweet yellow apron cards-
3D Effect-
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lenticular-apron-cards/page/2#post-6068794
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lenticular-apron-cards/page/2#post-6071496
Store with videos for each game-
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie

A friend just sent me a set of these, they are super cool. highly recommend. Here is a pic, but it doesn't even remotely do them justice. These are the 3d effect.

IMG-20210118-02544 (resized).jpgIMG-20210118-02544 (resized).jpg
#4921 3 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

A friend just sent me a set of these, they are super cool. highly recommend. Here is a pic, but it doesn't even remotely do them justice. These are the 3d effect.[quoted image]

You have way cooler friends than I do..... LOL

#4922 3 years ago

Just got my GOTG / Pro a few days ago. Love it!

It came with the Cleland sound mod and the Stern topper - both are awesome! I've ordered shaker, sub, and side blade art (hex pattern), and Baby Groot Shooter rod. Any other must have mods? Yes, I do enjoy a good mod. My other three machines have plenty.

Thanks!

Pins (resized).jpgPins (resized).jpg
#4923 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Finally a member of the club!
[quoted image]

Congrats.. first up.. the plastic protectors. Adds a nice glow..

My mods include- 10 in Klipsch Reference Sub
Ramp lights
Plastic protectors
Speaker lights
Orb plastic protector and Orb "crystal"
Rocket kick back surround
Mirror blades
Clear titan rubbers throughout (superband orange flipper rubbers)
Did not add any "toys" or figures but some look pretty cool.

20201119_160505 (resized).jpg20201119_160505 (resized).jpg

#4924 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Finally a member of the club!
[quoted image]

FYI

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “New & improved version. Made from 1/8” Pet-g plastic! (13th run just made…) GOTG Orb Airball protector - combines a few things: 1. Upfront Orb - airball protector 2. Ba...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 1573 times

#4925 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Ramp lights
Plastic protectors
Speaker lights
Mirror blades
[quoted image]

Yep, I put fluorescent protectors on all of my games. My gotg protectors are currently en route ! I went with clear superbands on the game and am really happy with the look.

Thanks for the link!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4926 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Ramp lights
Plastic protectors
Speaker lights
Mirror blades
[quoted image]

I've got the Orb Protector, need to get the "Crystal"
I have a monoprice subwoofer under the machine.
I have the speaker lights, they are set to cycle the colors, and i have the Ravenger Shields in front of the speakers.
I want to do the ramp lights
I have the rocket Plastic protector, i need to get the other ones.
I have graphics blades.
I haven't changed out my rubbers yet
I have hex "bat toppers" on the flippers.
I added a shaker as well.
Love how your looks.
Here is mine.

IMG-20210121-02545 (resized).jpgIMG-20210121-02545 (resized).jpgIMG-20210121-02546 (resized).jpgIMG-20210121-02546 (resized).jpg
#4927 3 years ago

Looking great. I never put the speaker covers on, wasn't sure about if it would impact the sound. I forgot to mention I installed a cliffy too at the kick out on the right of the playfield and a piece of mylar in the ball trough. Having the Cleland code and sub is sweet. Loving the music and feeling the game. Nice job on your pin!

#4928 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Ramp lights
Plastic protectors
Speaker lights
Mirror blades
[quoted image]

Really like the lighted speaker look! I enjoy playing with the room lights dim. Makes the machine look even more amazing! Appreciate the suggestions.

#4929 3 years ago

Does anyone have the Mezel Mods Orb Crystal for the pro? I don't see a lot of pictures of what it looks like.

#4930 3 years ago

love this game..

#4931 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Does anyone have the Mezel Mods Orb Crystal for the pro? I don't see a lot of pictures of what it looks like.

I ordered one this week. Will install and post a picture when I get it installed.

#4932 3 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

love this game..

Looking at Guardians for a second machine, and see a few Pro units for sale, far fewer Premium units. Do I really give up that much by going with the pro version instead of the Premium? I can live without Groot's fingers on the playfield... 8-) Am I missing something big?

#4933 3 years ago

I have had the pro model, I have never thought that I would miss anything.

#4934 3 years ago

It’s very personal but I would really miss the light show from my LE when moving to a pro.

The groot arms are nice to see but that’s it. An opening Orb and moving rocket are just gimmicks and don’t care for it.

#4935 3 years ago

Placed the order for your orb plastic protector via PayPal. Look forward to getting this and adding a little more protection on my new game!

#4936 3 years ago

How about the extra magnets in the premium

#4937 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

How about the extra magnets in the premium

Haven’t played enough Pro to know how big this influence of 1 vs 3 magnets. And not everyone likes the randomness of magnets ....

#4938 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Looking great. I never put the speaker covers on, wasn't sure about if it would impact the sound. I forgot to mention I installed a cliffy too at the kick out on the right of the playfield and a piece of mylar in the ball trough. Having the Cleland code and sub is sweet. Loving the music and feeling the game. Nice job on your pin!

Thanks. i don't really notice a difference in the sound with the covers. i also have the Cleland sound mod. I also changed the power supply fan for a quieter one.

#4939 3 years ago

So what I did to my LE is

Quiet power supply fan
Added Milan ships
Playfield protector
Shooterlane protector
Clear silicone rubber
Added DIY leds to groot scoop guardian target ramps
Changed our speakers, added external subwoofer
Added extra lightning on the slingshots
Apron cards
Outhole lightning apron
External volume control
Topper on flipper bats
Orb protector
Rocket plastic protector
Silicon sleeves in blue and red
Speaker lightning
Cleland mod but currently running Applejuice version

Hope I didn’t forget something.
1E8AA181-1DD7-4E9F-BB7F-AC80D4C34338 (resized).jpeg1E8AA181-1DD7-4E9F-BB7F-AC80D4C34338 (resized).jpeg21188607-8250-4B8D-9ED6-3F67C0E2DB2E (resized).jpeg21188607-8250-4B8D-9ED6-3F67C0E2DB2E (resized).jpeg625257E2-D4AD-411A-A005-BC4C6AE221F5 (resized).jpeg625257E2-D4AD-411A-A005-BC4C6AE221F5 (resized).jpeg754B662F-CCCA-4B97-97A0-32001DC88B93 (resized).jpeg754B662F-CCCA-4B97-97A0-32001DC88B93 (resized).jpegBB54539F-332D-4913-8475-B8BB47246DEC (resized).jpegBB54539F-332D-4913-8475-B8BB47246DEC (resized).jpegC1FF2026-BEC1-4801-816B-1CF1E976867D (resized).jpegC1FF2026-BEC1-4801-816B-1CF1E976867D (resized).jpegE79C2C24-A66E-4816-9012-454F823F909D (resized).jpegE79C2C24-A66E-4816-9012-454F823F909D (resized).jpegED93D25B-6ED1-45E0-9C03-A32413255B00 (resized).jpegED93D25B-6ED1-45E0-9C03-A32413255B00 (resized).jpegF15106B5-6616-43B7-9CCC-B40534644AD7 (resized).jpegF15106B5-6616-43B7-9CCC-B40534644AD7 (resized).jpeg

#4940 3 years ago

I also added new apron cards, and the sign mod on the Star Lord Scoop.

#4941 3 years ago

very nice !!!!! love this game !!!!

#4942 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Placed the order for your orb plastic protector via PayPal. Look forward to getting this and adding a little more protection on my new game!

FWIW this is what later runs come with for the orb plastic protector.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Stern-SB191.pdf

#4943 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So what I did to my LE is
Quiet power supply fan
Added Milan ships
Playfield protector
Shooterlane protector
Clear silicone rubber
Added DIY leds to groot scoop guardian target ramps
Changed our speakers, added external subwoofer
Added extra lightning on the slingshots
Apron cards
Outhole lightning apron
External volume control
Topper on flipper bats
Orb protector
Rocket plastic protector
Silicon sleeves in blue and red
Speaker lightning
Cleland mod but currently running Applejuice version
Hope I didn’t forget something.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweeet! People complain about the groot arms, but I love them. Looks like he’s reaching out and trying to pull you into the game. For some reason I keep getting the itch to get this game.

#4944 3 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

FWIW this is what later runs come with for the orb plastic protector.

Mine has this stern update, build date August 2020, however the plastic still cracked. Stern is sending a replacement. Figured might as well add more protection,
Seems it needs it.

511847B6-B475-4B38-AEFA-13C2B10EE74C (resized).jpeg511847B6-B475-4B38-AEFA-13C2B10EE74C (resized).jpeg
#4945 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Mine has this stern update, build date August 2020, however the plastic still cracked. Stern is sending a replacement. Figured might as well add more protection,
Seems it needs it.
[quoted image]

You are correct - install the one I sent.
NOTE - I will also protect the back left corner which usually gets cracked off because it is so thin.

#4946 3 years ago

I was looking into replacing the black apron with a translucent one, maybe purple??? My searches have not come up with any, but does anyone know where to order the apron stickers that are above and between the instruction cards???

Thank you,
Jason

#4947 3 years ago

on GOTG Pro, right kickout hole does not at times recognize a ball, at other times it kicks the ball out but does not score the feature. I tried to adjust the metal piece that triggers the switch, but it has not improved. Strange how inconsistent it is. Should I replace that switch? Thanks.

#4948 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I was looking into replacing the black apron with a translucent one, maybe purple??? My searches have not come up with any, but does anyone know where to order the apron stickers that are above and between the instruction cards???
Thank you,
Jason

Like this?

File_000 (resized).jpegFile_000 (resized).jpeg
#4949 3 years ago

Yes! Exactly! Now where to get those stickers?

Man yours looks amazing. With the color palette used on this game, it can’t help but to be a standout.

#4950 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Yes! Exactly! Now where to get those stickers?
Man yours looks amazing. With the color palette used on this game, it can’t help but to be a standout.

Thank you. When you get your translucent apron, just carefully remove the originals from the stock apron. You should easily be able to re-use them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dow, IL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,495 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/99?hl=spencks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.