IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 171.
#4851 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Game has a lot of plays but it in great shape. Groot motor is bad. Is that common?

Yes

#4852 3 years ago

Is there a link to premium/LE sound mod?

Didn’t see it in the key posts.

#4853 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Is there a link to premium/LE sound mod?
Didn’t see it in the key posts.

Which one, there are a few different versions. cleland had to stop posting links to his but if you PM him he'll get it to you still. applejuice has a version too but I don't know if he has a prem/LE version or not.

#4854 3 years ago

Save your orb plastic and keep ball from airball:

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “New & improved version. Made from 1/8” Pet-g plastic! (13th run just made…) GOTG Orb Airball protector - combines a few things: 1. Upfront Orb - airball protector 2. Ba...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 1573 times

#4855 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Game has a lot of plays but it in great shape. Groot motor is bad. Is that common?

Congrats Kermit, you'll love it. I've not heard anything personally about bad motors on Groot, and I've been in this thread for over a year. Biggest issues are airballs when hitting the orb drop target, the drop target not functioning properly, and magnets under the playfield not catching the ball as they should. Pretty solid game mechanically.

#4856 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Congrats Kermit, you'll love it. I've not heard anything personally about bad motors on Groot, and I've been in this thread for over a year. Biggest issues are airballs when hitting the orb drop target, the drop target not functioning properly, and magnets under the playfield not catching the ball as they should. Pretty solid game mechanically.

Thanks Scribbles. My game came with an Orb protector that was broken in the back left and cracked in the front. Seems this take a lot of beating.

230DFD28-2612-4CED-81B8-E97D551DDB46 (resized).jpeg230DFD28-2612-4CED-81B8-E97D551DDB46 (resized).jpegF8A7D068-89EF-4494-BF62-6D28201CA170 (resized).jpegF8A7D068-89EF-4494-BF62-6D28201CA170 (resized).jpeg
#4857 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Thanks Scribbles. My game came with an Orb protector that was broken in the back left and cracked in the front. Seems this take a lot of beating.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, that is pretty common unfortunately

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/104313

#4858 3 years ago

Yes, this why I make these exactly out of Pet-g.

On the pictures above it looks like the back left game plastic cracked off and someone installed a plastic protector to the point Where it broke to kind of make it looks like factory...kind of covering up that it broke...

#4859 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Yes, this why I make these exactly out of Pet-g.
On the pictures above it looks like the back left game plastic cracked off and someone installed a plastic protector to the point Where it broke to kind of make it looks like factory...kind of covering up that it broke...

Nope. I have the clear protector piece that snapped off.

#4860 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Nope. I have the clear protector piece that snapped off.

If it snapped that must have been made of acrylic versus pet-g plastic.

Pet-g can be bent but would not break or snap off like regular acrylic plastic.

That is why I use pet-g plastic - very friendly for pin balls!!

#4861 3 years ago

Yes</blockquotthe groot motor on mine was replaced right before I bought it. It seems to be pretty common, according to the distributer.

#4862 3 years ago

The gentle nudge worked! Thanks

#4863 3 years ago

Does anyone have a spare Pro playfield they have no plans for that they would be willing to part with? PM me if you do.

Thanks

#4864 3 years ago

Wondering if anyone knows where I can buy the Groot Jaw part (545-9982-01) (the bash part). Mine is starting to show some wear and would like to have one on hand to replace at some point. Marco lists them but when I contacted them, they have no idea if/when they would have more available. Stern advised I reach out to Marco.

GUARDIANS OF GALAXY (STERN) GROOT JAW
#545-9982-01
Stern® GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY pinball machine Groot plastic jaw.

Reference:

545-9982-01
Weight: 4 oz

Any ideas or recommendations? Thanks

#4865 3 years ago

That is strange, stern is still building them. Mine was built a bit over a month ago so they are ordering the parts still. If they do become available I'll have to pick up a spare as well.

#4866 3 years ago
Quoted from tigerpin:

Wondering if anyone knows where I can buy the Groot Jaw part (545-9982-01) (the bash part). Mine is starting to show some wear and would like to have one on hand to replace at some point. Marco lists them but when I contacted them, they have no idea if/when they would have more available. Stern advised I reach out to Marco.
#545-9982-01
Reference:
545-9982-01

Got it from my distributor in France (in september), who ordered it directly from Stern (along with a shaker) ! They still had a lot of part for GOTG at this point. Oh and it's "cheap" (20$ i think)...

#4867 3 years ago

It's finished... and now i can See through the Ramps

A Few Things more to come:

- Spinner decal
- powder coat (trim, legst and coindoor)
- mirrorblades
- new speaker and Subwoofer
- custom speaker lights
- scorecards

IMG-20201222-WA0004 (resized).jpegIMG-20201222-WA0004 (resized).jpegIMG-20201222-WA0017 (resized).jpegIMG-20201222-WA0017 (resized).jpeg

#4868 3 years ago

nice nice nice ....love !!!

#4869 3 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

It's finished... and now i can See through the Ramps
A Few Things more to come:
- Spinner decal
- powder coat (trim, legst and coindoor)
- mirrorblades
- new speaker and Subwoofer
- custom speaker lights
- scorecards

The lighted scoop sign mod is a really nice touch for not much $$.

#4870 3 years ago

my girlfriend wants me to get gotg back, we had her last year and we really liked her, she's very funny and pretty. I'm going to have to sell my spiderman and look for a gotg, I think I'll have to look for it in a country near Spain because I haven't found any here for now ..... we love guardians of the galaxy and the cleland mod

#4871 3 years ago

Anyone tried out the new pingraffix mirror blade artwork yet? Looks pretty nice ....but expensive

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/stern-guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-mirrorblades

#4872 3 years ago
Quoted from tigerpin:

#545-9982-01
Reference:
545-9982-01

Your distributor should be able to order this part, assuming it is in stock. I ordered a new Hedron plate and Orb plastic through my distro.

#4873 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Anyone tried out the new pingraffix mirror blade artwork yet? Looks pretty nice ....but expensive
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/stern-guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-mirrorblades

These look sick!

#4874 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

These look sick!

They are!

6C855593-115A-4A1C-BFA9-35BD139F5CA1 (resized).jpeg6C855593-115A-4A1C-BFA9-35BD139F5CA1 (resized).jpeg72C1668F-49ED-44A5-A4B6-895CC7B77C75 (resized).jpeg72C1668F-49ED-44A5-A4B6-895CC7B77C75 (resized).jpeg8B745AF1-6D0A-4E1B-9E2E-7E01F3B16A42 (resized).jpeg8B745AF1-6D0A-4E1B-9E2E-7E01F3B16A42 (resized).jpeg
#4875 3 years ago

a question ... they both seem very pretty to me ..... but which one do you like more? spiderman 2007 or gotg pro ?. The spiderman I have is huo.Thank you

#4876 3 years ago

Well. You are in the GOTG club.....

#4877 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

They are![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Thanks for the pics !

How do they fit? Tight or can the playfield still raise ok?

#4878 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Nice! Thanks for the pics !
How do they fit? Tight or can the playfield still raise ok?

No fit issues at all. Slide the PF to the opposite side to get some more clearance.

#4879 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Bien. Estás en el club GOTG .....

hahahaha

#4880 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Well. You are in the GOTG club.....

first I have to sell my spiderman and then find a gotg .... it will be difficult but I will try

#4881 3 years ago

Finally a member of the club!

PXL_20201228_015440253.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20201228_015440253.MP (resized).jpg
#4882 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

As tungsten78 mentioned earlier in the thread, this solution completely fixed my weak magnet issues.
I’ve taken a few photos in case anybody wants to try it out, but needs very specific instructions.
Turn off Game. Remove Balls. Lift
Playfield.
Remove Magnet Core Bracket by removing screws marked 1 and 2 with a 1/4” nut driver or flathead screwdriver.
Then remove bolt 3 with a Philips screwdriver to separate magnet core from bracket.
Insert 2 washers labelled A and B between Magnet core and bracket, and then reassemble.
Voila! That’s French for “Look at That!!”
Note, I have taken a pic of the upper right Mag, but the lowest point of the triangle (which is the highest up the playfield when the playfield is in game position!) is the most important one. It’s responsible for the grab out of the orb drop.

Took this great advice (actually added 3 washers) and magnet worked fully and completely for about a week. Now back to the inconsistencies. ANyone else have this occur and any other solutions?

#4883 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Took this great advice (actually added 3 washers) and magnet worked fully and completely for about a week. Now back to the inconsistencies. ANyone else have this occur and any other solutions?

Ohhh if I could only describe the amount of frustration I've had on this issue. I've tried it all and even things that you won't read on here (like drilling entirely new holes to mount the core at various different angles in an effort to get this to work 100% of the time). After almost 40 hours of dicking around with it, I've gotten it to a place where it will grab it every time, but there's unfortunately not a single fix. It's a culmination of all of these items:

1) Balls: Get yourself some carbon-core balls. They react much more strongly to magnets. I got mine from ball baron.
2) The rubber post next to the chute: This plays a huge part. Order a cliffy blue one from Cliff himself (Don't get from pinball life as they are falsely labeled as Cliffy's but don't bounce as much).
3) Leveling/Pitch: This also plays a big part I've found best success at 6.8 degrees pitch and obviously it needs to be perfectly level left to right. That being said, don't rely on that stupid app people always tout on Pinside. It's worthless. Get yourself an actual digital level: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001NPJGL0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title
4) Waxing: This was the nail in the coffin for me and something that was counter-intuitive to what I suspected for the first 35 hours I messed with this thing.. My finding is that a recently waxed playfield makes the magnet work MUCH better than one that hasn't been waxed in hundreds of plays. In fact, as soon as my magnet starts missing again, the first thing I do is clean/wax the area around it and that does the trick - especially with the carbon-core balls. It grabs those suckers super fast.

Good luck!

#4884 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Ohhh if I could only describe the amount of frustration I've had on this issue. I've tried it all and even things that you won't read on here (like drilling entirely new holes to mount the core at various different angles in an effort to get this to work 100% of the time). After almost 40 hours of dicking around with it, I've gotten it to a place where it will grab it every time, but there's unfortunately not a single fix. It's a culmination of all of these items:
1) Balls: Get yourself some carbon-core balls. They react much more strongly to magnets. I got mine from ball baron.
2) The rubber post next to the chute: This plays a huge part. Order a cliffy blue one from Cliff himself (Don't get from pinball life as they are falsely labeled as Cliffy's but don't bounce as much).
3) Leveling/Pitch: This also plays a big part I've found best success at 6.8 degrees pitch and obviously it needs to be perfectly level left to right. That being said, don't rely on that stupid app people always tout on Pinside. It's worthless. Get yourself an actual digital level: amazon.com link »
4) Waxing: This was the nail in the coffin for me and something that was counter-intuitive to what I suspected for the first 35 hours I messed with this thing.. My finding is that a recently waxed playfield makes the magnet work MUCH better than one that hasn't been waxed in hundreds of plays. In fact, as soon as my magnet starts missing again, the first thing I do is clean/wax the area around it and that does the trick - especially with the carbon-core balls. It grabs those suckers super fast.
Good luck!

Thank you! I need new pinballs anyway so will give those a shot. Regarding the rubber post, would that be both posts on the orb? I am not as steep as 6.8 so will give it a shot. I does seem like it's a timing thing where the magnet comes on just a tad late, but may be due to pitch. Waxing: yes I have definitely experienced the same, a clean, waxed playfield helps the magnet work..for a few days. Will give these tips a try!

#4885 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Thank you! I need new pinballs anyway so will give those a shot. Regarding the rubber post, would that be both posts on the orb? I am not as steep as 6.8 so will give it a shot. I does seem like it's a timing thing where the magnet comes on just a tad late, but may be due to pitch. Waxing: yes I have definitely experienced the same, a clean, waxed playfield helps the magnet work..for a few days. Will give these tips a try!

Well I went ahead and replaced them all so that they matched and were the cool blue, but it’s just the right side one coming out of the orb that matters - it bounces better against the cliffy and sends it right over the magnet.

And it’s so funny you mention that it seems like the magnet comes on late. I was so certain that was the issue for a while that I emailed Stern and told them they needed to add the magnet timing adjustment to a future update.. but after tinkering with all of the above, I think it’s just a matter of fine tuning.

Curious to hear your results once you adjust!

#4886 3 years ago

My machine is brand new and the magnet is clearly adjusting ball trajectories but I rarely see it actually grab the ball. Usually I see it swirl around the magnet and go up and hit the guardians Target. Is the ball supposed to be grabbed? cuz right now it feels like what Adam's family does. Not grabbing the ball but really screwing with it

#4887 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

My machine is brand new and the magnet is clearly adjusting ball trajectories but I rarely see it actually grab the ball. Usually I see it swirl around the magnet and go up and hit the guardians Target. Is the ball supposed to be grabbed? cuz right now it feels like what Adam's family does. Not grabbing the ball but really screwing with it

No, what you’re describing sounds like what it should do: it should grab it and spin it around in circles 2-3times and then randomly throw it somewhere.

#4888 3 years ago

Mine grabs and drops it about 85-90% of the time, usually to the left flipper, occasionally the left in-lane which can also end up in the out lane of course. I'm pretty happy with it.

#4889 3 years ago

I really wish they would fix the code so that the magnet light comes on with the magnet... no real issue, just annoys me...

#4890 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

No, what you’re describing sounds like what it should do: it should grab it and spin it around in circles 2-3times and then randomly throw it somewhere.

cool, that's exactly what mine is doing. Seems it also comes on when groot spits out the balls and also in a few modes. Usually the effect is subtle which is cool.

#4891 3 years ago

Whatch y'all think? LOL

gotg yondu (resized).jpggotg yondu (resized).jpg
#4892 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Mine grabs and drops it about 85-90% of the time, usually to the left flipper, occasionally the left in-lane which can also end up in the out lane of course. I'm pretty happy with it.

Yeah this is how mine usually acts and really no major issues with it, seems normal after 2 years of ownership. It's just when you wax the PF and see how it was intended to work (ie grab the ball spin it in circles then throw it randomly) it makes me want that! That said, I also agree with prior post that during Groot MB the magnet also just diverts balls all over playfield with no intent to grab it and that works great.

1 week later
#4893 3 years ago

Any TMNT owners here?

I can swap my gotg LE with a TMNT LE.
Pros for the gotg is the theme and music. I don’t hate turtles as a theme but gotg resonates much better with me. Also I prefer typical real video over cartoon.
Pro for the TMNT is however the layout. I get the feeling it’s just a better shooter with more to shoot. Three flippers are better than two I guess

On coding I haven’t played tmnt enough to say which is better however. I get the impression however TMNT has deeper code.
Laat but not least I think reseller value gotg is typ better as TMNT, at least in Europe where the theme TMNT is less strong as gotg. TMNT is more a kiddies theme over here.

Any comments from gotg plus TMNT owners?

#4894 3 years ago

I've owned both. GOTG is still here

#4895 3 years ago

I own GOTG and have played TMNT extensively. I can't stand the code on TMNT and the shots can be frustrating. Especially the under flipper shot. The code is just not rewarding for me to own at home. I'll play it in league or tournament. I'd rather have JP or AIQ over it if that extra flipper is nagging you. You are in the GOTG thread tho..

#4896 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Any TMNT owners here?
I can swap my gotg LE with a TMNT LE.
Pros for the gotg is the theme and music. I don’t hate turtles as a theme but gotg resonates much better with me. Also I prefer typical real video over cartoon.
Pro for the TMNT is however the layout. I get the feeling it’s just a better shooter with more to shoot. Three flippers are better than two I guess
On coding I haven’t played tmnt enough to say which is better however. I get the impression however TMNT has deeper code.
Laat but not least I think reseller value gotg is typ better as TMNT, at least in Europe where the theme TMNT is less strong as gotg. TMNT is more a kiddies theme over here.
Any comments from gotg plus TMNT owners?

I have owned GotG LE and own TMNT LE now... just swap you GoTG LE for TMNT LE... you will not regret it!

#4897 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

This is incorrect. We sell these as Cliffys and they are Cliffys purchased directly from Cliffy - https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsballystern-1-116-colored-post-sleeves.html
Terry.

#4898 3 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

I have owned GotG LE and own TMNT LE now... just swap you GoTG LE for TMNT LE... you will not regret it!

Not sure about that one. I find GOTG much more fun to play.

#4899 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not sure about that one. I find GOTG much more fun to play.

KLR2014 is a little biased, he is the one who wants to trade

But I tend to agree that Gotg is more fun to play. This not based on coding or shots, just the music and callouts are working better for me at least.

#4900 3 years ago

......I'd rather have JP or AIQ over it if that extra flipper is nagging you. You are in the GOTG thread tho..

Thanks for a defined advise. Posted it also on the TMNT thread, guess what there choice is ....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
6,495 (Firm)
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/98?hl=daddymand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.