IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 171.
#4801 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

One thing I just noticed on my new machine is that it does not have service rails like my other Sterns. From the pictures in this thread it looked like it used to have rails. These little studs suck.
[quoted image]

This is true, and normal for this game. Hoping it's not the normal for all machines moving forward because the rails are definitely superior. These studs suck ass.

#4802 3 years ago

They are available and an easy install. Can't remember where I bought them, possibly Pinball Life. Worth the time and money.

#4803 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

This is true, and normal for this game. Hoping it's not the normal for all machines moving forward because the rails are definitely superior. These studs suck ass.

Stern only used the studs for a couple years, and most everyone hated them. So, Stern switched back to the rails. Definitely not the new norm, thank goodness.

#4804 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Stern only used the studs for a couple years, and most everyone hated them. So, Stern switched back to the rails. Definitely not the new norm, thank goodness.

I didn't realize they had switch to the "New EZ Slides" for Pros on later games, on GOTG the pro came with the stubs and the prem/le got those new slide / service rails.

#4805 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I didn't realize they had switch to the "New EZ Slides" for Pros on later games, on GOTG the pro came with the stubs and the prem/le got those new slide / service rails.

They aren't "EZ slides" they are just "Support rails" instead of pegs. (Just to avoid confusion)
Actual EZ slides from Back alley creations are also awesome though.

#4806 3 years ago

Oh interesting, didn't realize it was a pro vs prem/le thing. The only images in this thread I saw had the support rails. I'll be adding them for sure cause those pegs suck. I really use the rails on my other sterns

#4807 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

They aren't "EZ slides" they are just "Support rails" instead of pegs. (Just to avoid confusion)
Actual EZ slides from Back alley creations are also awesome though.

I just took the terminology directly from the features matrix for GOTG: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/GOTG-Feature-Matrix.pdf

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4808 3 years ago

Back in stock.....

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “New & improved version. Made from 1/8” Pet-g plastic! (13th run just made…) GOTG Orb Airball protector - combines a few things: 1. Upfront Orb - airball protector 2. Ba...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 1573 times

#4809 3 years ago

Just make sure you choose the version of rails you want. I didn't realize there are rails for SAM/Whitestar and slightly different ones for Spike games. PinballLife has them both...

#4811 3 years ago

Thanks for the info.

#4812 3 years ago

One thing I just noticed on my new machine is that it does not have service rails like my other Sterns. From the pictures in this thread it looked like it used to have rails. These little studs suck.
[quoted image]

Pros come with peg legs, premium and above come with rails. Been that way for a while now. I believe the holes are already there, so installing rails is easy.

Edit: posted this without realizing there was another page of posts.

#4813 3 years ago

I was surprised because my munsters pro and stranger things pro both have the rails and I got them nib also. This was my first older nib even though it was just built. Sucks to pay the same as the newer machines but still get the older cheaper setup.

#4814 3 years ago

I was surprised because my munsters pro and stranger things pro both have the rails and I got them nib also. This was my first older nib even though it was just built. Sucks to pay the same as the newer machines but still get the older cheaper setup.

They might refund you $8 if you ask.

#4815 3 years ago

I didn’t know Stern finally put rails on Pros, took long enough! Yeah Iron Man (still being made) also comes with peg legs. I guess whatever it came down the line with on the original run is held, even though updates are made on newer titles.

#4816 3 years ago

Yes, again, Stern only put pegs on pros for a few years/titles. People pretty much hated them, rightly so. Stern now puts rails on all models, pro, premium, Le. Not sure why people are still debating this, those are the facts.

Personally, I'm in love with the rails on my JJP GnR. I wish all games came with these bad boys....

20201203_093809 (resized).jpg20201203_093809 (resized).jpg
#4817 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Yes, again, Stern only put pegs on pros for a few years/titles. People pretty much hated them, rightly so. Stern now puts rails on all models, pro, premium, Le. Not sure why people are still debating this, those are the facts.
Personally, I'm in love with the rails on my JJP GnR. I wish all games came with these bad boys....
[quoted image]

Not debating that. I was just shocked my brand new built NOV 14th 2020 Guardians has the pegs. That is all. At least it has the updated leg brackets.

#4818 3 years ago

Not debating that. I was just shocked my brand new built NOV 14th 2020 Guardians has the pegs. That is all. At least it has the updated leg brackets.

That is pretty crappy. Youd think new builds would have rails. I guess they stick with the original build specs come hell or high water.

#4820 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Interesting! Are these pretty easy to install, do you know? Any drilling required?

I've not personally installed them but they are supposed to be very easy as the mounting points are already there, no drilling required.

#4821 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Interesting! Are these pretty easy to install, do you know? Any drilling required?

Yes there is drilling required.
There are dimples there but you should pilot the holes so the wood doesn't split.

#4822 3 years ago

I think they went back to rails on pros for iron maiden. GOTG being one of the spike games to still have the pegs on pro model.

#4823 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I just took the terminology directly from the features matrix for GOTG: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/GOTG-Feature-Matrix.pdf [quoted image]

Weird I've just never heard them called that.

Quoted from bobukcat:

I've not personally installed them but they are supposed to be very easy as the mounting points are already there, no drilling required.

Quoted from J-Freeze:

Yes there is drilling required.
There are dimples there but you should pilot the holes so the wood doesn't split.

I promise I'm not trying to contradict all of your comments haha, I apologize if it seems that way.

#4824 3 years ago

As there is very little videomaterial for the Cleland version I made a gameplay video to be seen at

Can only hope it can be seen around the world as license issues can be expected I am afraid

#4825 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

As tungsten78 mentioned earlier in the thread, this solution completely fixed my weak magnet issues.
I’ve taken a few photos in case anybody wants to try it out, but needs very specific instructions.
Turn off Game. Remove Balls. Lift
Playfield.
Remove Magnet Core Bracket by removing screws marked 1 and 2 with a 1/4” nut driver or flathead screwdriver.
Then remove bolt 3 with a Philips screwdriver to separate magnet core from bracket.
Insert 2 washers labelled A and B between Magnet core and bracket, and then reassemble.
Voila! That’s French for “Look at That!!”
Note, I have taken a pic of the upper right Mag, but the lowest point of the triangle (which is the highest up the playfield when the playfield is in game position!) is the most important one. It’s responsible for the grab out of the orb drop.

[quoted image][quoted image]

Considering doing this now after 2 years...lol. For those that have added the washers, how has the magnet power and playfield held up over time? Thanks all!

#4826 3 years ago

Is it still possible to get the cleland code for this. Just got the game and it doesn't have it

#4827 3 years ago
Quoted from seger10494:

Is it still possible to get the cleland code for this. Just got the game and it doesn't have it

PM cleland directly and be sure to tell him if you need the Pro or Premium, he no longer posts them publicly.

#4828 3 years ago
Quoted from seger10494:

Check your inbox, I just sent you the info.

Quoted from bobukcat:

PM cleland directly and be sure to tell him if you need the Pro or Premium, he no longer posts them publicly.

Thanks bobukcat

#4829 3 years ago

We finished our Guardians of the Galaxy hologram topper. It comes with over 30 videos, here are 9. You can customize the topper to put just the videos on it you want. It looks 10 times better in real life then in a video. Because we have to adjust the shutter speed on the camera, the video has a chopping look that you do not see live. It will be listed later today.

#4831 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

I put these on my Ghostbusters and The Walking Dead. Yes, you have to drill pilot holes but it's an easy install and very much worth it.
Nothing beats the rail system on the Pinball 2000 machines though!

#4832 3 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

We finished our Guardians of the Galaxy hologram topper. It comes with over 30 videos, here are 9. You can customize the topper to put just the videos on it you want. It looks 10 times better in real life then in a video. Because we have to adjust the shutter speed on the camera, the video has a chopping look that you do not see live. It will be listed later today.

Where will this be listed for purchase? Very cool!

#4833 3 years ago
Quoted from dferg24:

Where will this be listed for purchase? Very cool!

Thanks. My person that does the listing did not get it listed on Monday and she is off for a few days. It will be listed Friday here and on our website.

#4834 3 years ago

Anyone having issues with the ball flying through orb so fast that it doesn't lock? Didn't have this happen really for 2 years...maybe 10% of the time. Seems more like 50% of the time now that the ball flies in and out before the post has a chance to go up. I noted older posts of folks having the opposite problem where the post wouldn't go down. LOL.

Also on the magnet fix on my Pro, I added the 2 washers under the magnet core to push it closer to playfield per the pinned post in this thread. It worked great for 2 days but now back to the same low impact magnet (on my Pro). Any other fixes? Maybe 3-4 washers need to be added?

Thanks all!

#4835 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Anyone having issues with the ball flying through orb so fast that it doesn't lock? Didn't have this happen really for 2 years...maybe 10% of the time. Seems more like 50% of the time now that the ball flies in and out before the post has a chance to go up. I noted older posts of folks having the opposite problem where the post wouldn't go down. LOL.
Also on the magnet fix on my Pro, I added the 2 washers under the magnet core to push it closer to playfield per the pinned post in this thread. It worked great for 2 days but now back to the same low impact magnet (on my Pro). Any other fixes? Maybe 3-4 washers need to be added?
Thanks all!

I am getting more failed orb locks than previously, on mine it seems as though the drop target may not be staying up the first time and has to double pump which lets the ball out. It happens so quickly it's hard to tell, may have to try to catch it in slo-mo with my phone camera. I haven't really tried adjusting it yet.

#4836 3 years ago

I've been seeing that on my machine. Usually with really hard shots off the left flipper. Far fewer rejections with the right one as it is not as powerful. Some balls are so fast that by the time the target is up to lock the orb the ball is back at the left flipper. Seemed odd but the speed of everything I dismissed it. Even started orb once and had 2 balls out on the playfield with none in the lock. Machine seemed to know and just fed the third ball and kept going.

#4837 3 years ago

Have the same experience. My gotg is like 1 month old and guesstimate that 10-20% the droptarget is not up quickly enough. The ball goes so fast that I could understand this and didn’t think to much of it.

#4838 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Have the same experience. My gotg is like 1 month old and guesstimate that 10-20% the droptarget is not up quickly enough. The ball goes so fast that I could understand this and didn’t think to much of it.

Could also be that I cleaned my playfield...new machines or waxed playfields might make for a faster orb shot and increase the rate of this issue. LOL

#4839 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

I was having issues with the ball not catching from the orb and saw where ppl said to increase the pitch of the game, make sure the game is level left to right, the washer thing, and the post rubber. I checked all these things out and when I put the super bands rubber on the post it worked like a charm for a little while and then didn't again. I finally figured out you have to take some needle nose pliers and adjust this metal ball guide. I took out the post in front of it first to get a solid grip on it. For me I figured out the ball was now hitting the post too hard and it was bouncing it almost over the magnet so I would see it barely catch and then whip the ball around and towards the flippers but not swirling the ball or catching it and shaking it for a couple seconds then releasing it like its supposed to. So I pulled the guide to the left a little so the ball wouldn't hit the post as hard and that solved it, now its back to catching like it should 9 out of 10 times. If yours is going more strait down the middle then you might want to bend the guide to the right so that the ball hits more of the post and takes a bigger bounce to the left to get caught by the magnet. Just take the glass off, engage the orb and make sure your magnet is indeed working, and then just try these adjustments and test it out. At any point these guides can magically relax and throw the direction of the ball off, on mine this happened on the right orbit and it always would send the ball into the right sling instead of the flipper, I did the same fix there - I hope it works for you!
[quoted image]

I just have to say I tried everything suggested before this and nothing was solving the issue. After hours of playing around to determine what was wrong i stumbled on this post and it led me onto that maybe the path my ball was taking was the real issue. So i pulled out the trusty needle nose pliers and bent the lane guide i a little and now 100% of the time it does the swirl catch to a throw. So thank you for posting this solution and keeping me sane!

#4840 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

I just have to say I tried everything suggested before this and nothing was solving the issue. After hours of playing around to determine what was wrong i stumbled on this post and it led me onto that maybe the path my ball was taking was the real issue. So i pulled out the trusty needle nose pliers and bent the lane guide i a little and now 100% of the time it does the swirl catch to a throw. So thank you for posting this solution and keeping me sane!

Could you post a pic of what lane guide you adjusted and which way you bent it etc? thanks!

#4841 3 years ago
Quoted from bajm:

Can you show us some pictures without the arms? Although I do like the arms, I am curious to see how it looks...

Sorry it took so long!

20201212_134150.jpg20201212_134150.jpg20201212_134217.jpg20201212_134217.jpg
#4842 3 years ago

So it looks like you would expect, like a pro but than with rgb inserts.

It also looks like the moon

#4843 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Sorry it took so long![quoted image][quoted image]

No worries - thanks for the pictures! It’s nice to get a good look at those spinners... sucker for spinners.

#4844 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So it looks like you would expect, like a pro but than with rgb inserts.
It also looks like the moon

Are you referring to all those playfield dimples- dang.

#4845 3 years ago

[quoted image]

yup stupid decision you can order them from pinballife.

#4846 3 years ago

The dimples will smooth out over time. Definitely looks worse with the glass off and a big overhead light on it for the picture.

#4847 3 years ago

Hey guys! New club member here. Does anyone know if the lockdown bar plate is available anywhere?

02A3E3A9-B4F5-4E83-826F-4221BC6AB806 (resized).jpeg02A3E3A9-B4F5-4E83-826F-4221BC6AB806 (resized).jpeg
#4848 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Hey guys! New club member here. Does anyone know if the lockdown bar plate is available anywhere?
[quoted image]

I could sell you some shoes

#4849 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

[quoted image]

Stern should have it - still in production... ask your distributor.

#4850 3 years ago

Game has a lot of plays but it in great shape. Groot motor is bad. Is that common?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 19.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,511 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/97?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.