IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 171.
#4701 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Hello everyone. I’m seriously considering purchasing a GOTG but with the kids in the house i need to know if it has profanity in it, and if it can be turned off.
I appreciate your help as I searched and can’t seem to find it.
Thanks y’all.

Lines are taken mainly from the movie. During the game, I recall Nebula calling Gamora "stupid" and Drax says to Ronin "You killed my wife. You killed my daughter" but it's rather tame, especially compared to other games. I guess it depends on whether or not your kids have seen the Guardians movies. If you all are fans and don't mind this style of humor and sarcasm, the game should be very enjoyable. I have three between 10 and 15 years old and never once did I have any concerns while we play the game. Don't know if you can filter for family mode because we never needed to. Anyone else recall?

#4702 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Hello everyone. I’m seriously considering purchasing a GOTG but with the kids in the house i need to know if it has profanity in it, and if it can be turned off.
Thanks y’all.

No it doesn’t. The Cleland sound mod doesn’t either and makes the game even better. Get it.

#4703 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Thanks y’all.

None

#4704 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Thanks y’all.

GotG is family friendly. You'll also want to install the Cleland sound mod.

#4705 3 years ago

thank you for your responses guys!

If I end up getting GOTG I'll get into the mods and check out the Cleland sound mod.

It's between this and Star Trek. Thoughts on that?

#4706 3 years ago

I love our Guardians, but it is a pretty tough shooter IMO. If you are looking for a more friendly shooter I'd say Stark Trek (I'm assuming Stern) would probably be the better way to go.

A lot of this is personal preference of course. If possible I would suggest you get some games on both and see what you like.

#4707 3 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

I love our Guardians, but it is a pretty tough shooter IMO. If you are looking for a more friendly shooter I'd say Stark Trek (I'm assuming Stern) would probably be the better way to go.
A lot of this is personal preference of course. If possible I would suggest you get some games on both and see what you like.

I've had a good amount of game time on both and I like them both a lot. I probably petted star trek this list time, but first time preferred gotg.

Thinking more for my kids too. Only 10 and 6 but enjoy playing. Not to score but more for the lights and action.

They are similar. Star trek has a 3rd flipper for the warp ramp which is great! But a bland dmd. Gotg is only 2 flippers but the monitor is read of dmd.....

So language is kid friendly.... You guys that have game time, thoughts on playing being more kid friendly?

#4708 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

thank you for your responses guys!
If I end up getting GOTG I'll get into the mods and check out the Cleland sound mod.
It's between this and Star Trek. Thoughts on that?

Agreed, GOTG is the better pin by far, but its not easy, those ramps are long and narrow. Star Trek is far easier but gets old quickly as all the modes feel the same.

#4709 3 years ago

...... and that left drain will drive you insane.

#4710 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I've had a good amount of game time on both and I like them both a lot. I probably petted star trek this list time, but first time preferred gotg.
Thinking more for my kids too. Only 10 and 6 but enjoy playing. Not to score but more for the lights and action.
They are similar. Star trek has a 3rd flipper for the warp ramp which is great! But a bland dmd. Gotg is only 2 flippers but the monitor is read of dmd.....
So language is kid friendly.... You guys that have game time, thoughts on playing being more kid friendly?

Your kids might find some shots on GotG hard, but they'll probably have more fun locking balls in Groot's mouth and getting multiball.

#4711 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Your kids might find some shots on GotG hard, but they'll probably have more fun locking balls in Groot's mouth and getting multiball.

I think so! But also would like crashing the ship in star trek. Both are great toys.

As long as there aren't and damnits or what the hells in gotg it's definitely a contender.

#4712 3 years ago
Quoted from marsup:

I tried to message Stern about it (there was a story with somme Gotg pinball machine pic...)
I take that for an almost yes
[quoted image]

Are you using the cleland sound mod? It is a must have for GOTG. However, with a code update the current cleland mod probably wouldn't work.

#4713 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulROwen:

...... and that left drain will drive you insane.

I don't have a problem with that left outlane...I moved the post in all the way...seems to help a lot

#4714 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I don't have a problem with that left outlane...I moved the post in all the way...seems to help a lot

Mine is also all the way, and still 3 to 1 ball losses. I had an epic game last night. 5 bil+ score and save Xandar. My previous best game was 2.4 bil... Game was about 45 mins long......... And I shook it to death anytime it went anywhere near the left outlane

#4715 3 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Mine is also all the way, and still 3 to 1 ball losses. I had an epic game last night. 5 bil+ score and save Xandar. My previous best game was 2.4 bil... Game was about 45 mins long......... And I shook it to death anytime it went anywhere near the left outlane

Sounds like you have it under control ...with scores like that

#4716 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Lucky game

#4717 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I am suspecting the tilt bob is generous!

#4718 3 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

Thanks for the link (https://pu-parts.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-inside-art-blades)!!
I just emailed him. Asked if I could get multiples to distribute to the Ravagers here.

if not I'd be happy to order them to the UK and then send them onto someone in the US.

#4719 3 years ago

fyi....orbit protector

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “New & improved version. Made from 1/8” Pet-g plastic! (13th run just made…) GOTG Orb Airball protector - combines a few things: 1. Upfront Orb - airball protector 2. Ba...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 1573 times

#4720 3 years ago

Hello all, I'm new to the club after picking up a Premium over the weekend!

I'm ordering a Cliffy lane protector, and there are 2 different versions. Can anyone post a picture of your cliffy-protected lane and let me know which version you got, so I can figure out which version I need? These are my first lane protectors, so I'm not really confident on which version I will need by looking at the pictures on Cliffy's site.

Thanks!

#4721 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Are you using the cleland sound mod? It is a must have for GOTG. However, with a code update the current cleland mod probably wouldn't work.

Yes it is a must have Never played with the original one, i put the cleland mod as soon as i got the pinball
If there is a last code update, i'm sure cleland will include his mod to it.

Quoted from bailorgana:

Thanks for the link (https://pu-parts.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-inside-art-blades)!!
I just emailed him. Asked if I could get multiples to distribute to the Ravagers here.

No problem i was looking for it too...

What do you think about art blades on the GOTG pinball ? I really hesitate between mirror or art for the inner blades...

#4722 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Hello all, I'm new to the club after picking up a Premium over the weekend!
I'm ordering a Cliffy lane protector, and there are 2 different versions. Can anyone post a picture of your cliffy-protected lane and let me know which version you got, so I can figure out which version I need? These are my first lane protectors, so I'm not really confident on which version I will need by looking at the pictures on Cliffy's site.
Thanks!

If you take a look at the build date on the back of your machine and just email Cliff, he should be able to get you the right one and is typically very quick to reply: [email protected]

#4723 3 years ago

What exactly does the cleland sound mod contain? More music etc ? I hadn’t heard of this since I’m new to these newer pins these days lol.

#4724 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

If you take a look at the build date on the back of your machine and just email Cliff, he should be able to get you the right one and is typically very quick to reply: [email protected]

Thanks! I sent him some pics and I'm a Gen2.
Such a fun game and great shooter!

#4725 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinforlife:

What exactly does the cleland sound mod contain? More music etc ? I hadn’t heard of this since I’m new to these newer pins these days lol.

The stock pinball machine that Stern developed only has about two licensed songs in it and all of the voice callouts are fake (recorded by voice actors). The "cleland mod" doesn't change any of the rules or game functionality, but injects several more songs and replaces all of the fake voice callouts with the actual ones for the movie.

Basically a must have. Head on over to this thread to learn more and PM him on Pinside for a link and download instructions. It's very simple.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod

#4726 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

if not I'd be happy to order them to the UK and then send them onto someone in the US.

Haven't heard anything yet.

#4727 3 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I think so! But also would like crashing the ship in star trek. Both are great toys.
As long as there aren't and damnits or what the hells in gotg it's definitely a contender.

I think that it may have the "You said it yourself bitch, we're the Guardians of the Galaxy" line when you complete Save Xandar but the odds of your children ever getting anywhere near there are pretty slim based on what you said.

#4728 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulROwen:

I am suspecting the tilt bob is generous!

Your suspicions would be correct!

#4729 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Installed UrethraFranklins mod
[quoted image]

Where can I buy this tape player mod?

#4730 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Where can I buy this tape player mod?

I have this one in my game.
Apparently my game was Mezal Mods game he used to prototype his mods (I’m the 3rd HUO owner). It’s overloaded with mods (I had to remove a bunch because it was overwhelming).

https://mezelmods.com/collections/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-mods/products/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball-awesome-tape-player

#4731 3 years ago

Anyone know where to get a new set of ramps?

#4732 3 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Anyone know where to get a new set of ramps?

I’d try Stern or your distributor as the game is not archived yet on Stern’s site. So parts should be available.

#4733 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

The stock pinball machine that Stern developed only has about two licensed songs in it and all of the voice callouts are fake (recorded by voice actors). The "cleland mod" doesn't change any of the rules or game functionality, but injects several more songs and replaces all of the fake voice callouts with the actual ones for the movie.
Basically a must have. Head on over to this thread to learn more and PM him on Pinside for a link and download instructions. It's very simple.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod

Thank you very much!! My game is fairly new and has several songs but those voice overs are not so great lol. I’ll be checking into this! Thank you again!

#4734 3 years ago

I have the opportunity to buy a NIB GOTG LE. So was in the box since end 2017? Dont know when it was produced but think all LE were produced in one batch?

The playfield quality lottery with GotG LE of that time, are issues to be expected like pooling or chipping or was the early GotG free of this? So anything I should have a look at? Also on the fence of a protector. Have several pins with them but read that for GotG people are remving it since it influences pay to much. Does GotG have a lot of airballs-> dimpling. I dont mind (some) dimpling as long as it doesnt look like the moon ....

Thanks for any advise

#4735 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I have the opportunity to buy a NIB GOTG LE. So was in the box since end 2017? Dont know when it was produced but think all LE were produced in one batch?
The playfield quality lottery with GotG LE of that time, are issues to be expected like pooling or chipping or was the early GotG free of this? So anything I should have a look at? Also on the fence of a protector. Have several pins with them but read that for GotG people are remving it since it influences pay to much. Does GotG have a lot of airballs-> dimpling. I dont mind (some) dimpling as long as it doesnt look like the moon ....
Thanks for any advise

If its an LE, then yes, it was made in 2017. If it's still in its box, then I would HIGHLY doubt the seller is going to let you open it to look at the playfield and other things before buying it. The value of a NIB goes down once that box is opened.

If they do let you, or if it's already been opened, then just look around the posts for pooling on the playfield. I can't recall what other issues may have existed on the first production run (mine was a 2019 build). Mine does get a fair amount of airballs and has some pretty major dimpling after 2K plays or so.

#4736 3 years ago

Installed a pinball life volume /headphone plate today. Love it so far. Added a Walkman decal over the plate.

20201025_100248 (resized).jpg20201025_100248 (resized).jpg20201025_101113 (resized).jpg20201025_101113 (resized).jpg20201025_101500 (resized).jpg20201025_101500 (resized).jpg
#4737 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:If its an LE, then yes, it was made in 2017. If it's still in its box, then I would HIGHLY doubt the seller is going to let you open it to look at the playfield and other things before buying it. The value of a NIB goes down once that box is opened.
If they do let you, or if it's already been opened, then just look around the posts for pooling on the playfield. I can't recall what other issues may have existed on the first production run (mine was a 2019 build). Mine does get a fair amount of airballs and has some pretty major dimpling after 2K plays or so.

Gonna pick it up tomorrow afternoon. It’s at a local distributor who had it as a trade-in from a guy who had it in climate controlled storage all this time. He will let me unbox it and if something is really wrong I don’t have to take it. He is is a great guy.

So now on the fence will I install a playfield protector or not? So many people, so many opinions

So will be soon, one more night of sleep

#4738 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So now on the fence will I install a playfield protector or not?

HELL NO
Change the rubbers and pinballs when needed, keep the playfield clean and waxed and play the game. You'll be fine. Congratulations on the find!

#4739 3 years ago

I have a brand new set of flipper toppers, hot wheels Milano still in package, and a STERN Orb replacement plastic with the upgraded metal bracket for sale. Selling as one lot for $25 shipped to cont. US. PM if interested.
20201029_110019 (resized).jpg20201029_110019 (resized).jpg

Added over 3 years ago:

SOLD!

#4740 3 years ago

Hi all,
GOTG Pro owner here for 2 years now. Love it but also looking to spice things up. I am a newbie to shaker motors. Do you recommend one for GOTG? Is it well integrated and when does it activate? Easy to install? Pinaball life vs Stern direct for shaker?
thanks!

#4741 3 years ago

I got one....barely notice it... Get a sub. More effective in my opinion .

#4742 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I have a brand new set of flipper toppers, hot wheels Milano still in package, and a STERN Orb replacement plastic with the upgraded metal bracket for sale. Selling as one lot for $25 shipped to cont. US. PM if interested.
[quoted image]

Pm sent

#4743 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I got one....barely notice it... Get a sub. More effective in my opinion .

This.

With the great Cleland sound mod, a sub brings much more to the experience.
I have a pinbal life shaker and a sub and might move the shaker to a different game.

#4744 3 years ago

Joined the club today

3B630E46-782A-4DCC-8368-C41311C7218F (resized).jpeg3B630E46-782A-4DCC-8368-C41311C7218F (resized).jpeg983FF3EA-574B-4174-9CAE-5B58244865B6 (resized).jpeg983FF3EA-574B-4174-9CAE-5B58244865B6 (resized).jpegC0B981DC-0110-4D71-9B03-94E7047C62CA (resized).jpegC0B981DC-0110-4D71-9B03-94E7047C62CA (resized).jpegFD63ECCA-9698-49EB-9C75-97A6EDB850FE (resized).jpegFD63ECCA-9698-49EB-9C75-97A6EDB850FE (resized).jpeg
#4745 3 years ago

Quick question. Not really impressed by the sound quality. Looking at the speakers I can imagine why ....

Anybody experience with othe speakers? I will take the external subwoofer from my twd and hook it up to Gotg.

#4746 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Quick question. Not really impressed by the sound quality. Looking at the speakers I can imagine why ....
Anybody experience with othe speakers? I will take the external subwoofer from my twd and hook it up to Gotg.

I would consider the Pinwoofer super kit. It sounds great, replaces all 3 speakers, gives you separate bass, treble, gain control, and eliminates the need for an external sub.

#4747 3 years ago

Can anyone help me trouble shoot my LE orb mechanism not working properly? For starters a short vid of a close up of your “scissors / spring / motor” working in test mode would be amazing. Apologies if this has been covered, if so, please point me to.

I think I’ve been having physical clearance problems and that caused my driver board to go bad- which I already replaced, but I see now it might be that I need to bend or physically adjust something (MAYBE). Thanks in advance.

The manual isn’t much help and can’t get phone support with stern during pandemic- fair enough.

-KG OG GOTG lover and operator.

#4748 3 years ago

Got a set of these awesome mirrorbladez from pingraffix. Really look great in the game. Pics don't do it justice. @pingraffix

20201103_052830 (resized).jpg20201103_052830 (resized).jpg20201103_104059 (resized).jpg20201103_104059 (resized).jpg20201103_104148 (resized).jpg20201103_104148 (resized).jpg20201103_104205 (resized).jpg20201103_104205 (resized).jpg

#4749 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaymach1:

Got a set of these awesome mirrorbladez from pingraffix. Really look great in the game. Pics don't do it justice. @pingraffix
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look great, if I didn't already have the Stern art blades I'd consider putting in a set.

#4750 3 years ago

They do look great indeed.

Have prepped myself for installing a Playfield protector. Should service tomorrow after which u can finally play it. Also orb protector and rocket protector will be installed as well as shooterlane.

Look forward to it

D431322F-002F-4341-AD80-411F0B199F08 (resized).jpegD431322F-002F-4341-AD80-411F0B199F08 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.00
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

6,495 (Firm)
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.