IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 170.
#4651 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinforlife:

Since nobody has the original topper for sale at msrp price instead of 700 bucks. Figured I’d start a mach up Instead. Couple of wet paper towels smashed around and painted, add a hot toys Stan, cut a round pattern in acrylic “paint back side and drill for stars” fiber cable for lights to come. Thought it might give someone else some creative ideas.
[quoted image]

As far as I'm concerned there are only two toppers worth more that about $150, WH20 (OG only) and BKSOR.

#4652 3 years ago

So is it just me, or does anyone else have trouble hitting the ramps....or anything else of value?

#4653 3 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

So is it just me, or does anyone else have trouble hitting the ramps....or anything else of value?

I struggled with ramps. I sagged my flippers a smidge and it has definitely improved.

#4654 3 years ago

Had the loss of flipper power thing happen again. Went into test mode and saw a node 8 over power notice. Did a node test and it was gone any idieas??? I havet had this issue in a few weeks. I thought it was was the shaker but it has been unhooked for a month

#4655 3 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

Just gotta find your angles ....the ramps have tight entrances but once you start using the force.....it starts to feel better

#4656 3 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

They are definitely much harder than they appear to be and the right one is really unforgiving when you miss it.

#4657 3 years ago

Definitely tough ramp shots!
I get a lot of side to side entrance rattle If I don’t hit mine perfectly. The rules may be pretty simple/straightforward which I like but this is a tough game that takes a lot of practice to “master.”

#4658 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Just gotta find your angles ....the ramps have tight entrances but once you start using the force.....it starts to feel better

Rented an LE this month. Clunker. Ramp shots practically impossible.

#4659 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Rented an LE this month. Clunker. Ramp shots practically impossible.

Can be hard, but play it enough you start to get it...it does clunk a bit at times
I got a JP this month and I'm still getting used to the shots on that machine ....I don't know of a modern pinball that has shots that don't take some getting used to....

#4660 3 years ago

In the previous page there were several people discussing the drop target issue “properly working”. Has anyone had the drop target slowly start increasing in drop power enough to start launching the ball completely over the left sling and also the left flip or draining the ball?

#4661 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Can be hard, but play it enough you start to get it...it does clunk a bit at times
I got a JP this month and I'm still getting used to the shots on that machine ....I don't know of a modern pinball that has shots that don't take some getting used to....

Star Trek

#4662 3 years ago

I miss the right ramp on ST about as often as I miss the right ramp on GotG. The left ramp on GotG is pretty wide, and I don't have any issues with it. I can't see GotG being called clunky.

#4663 3 years ago

Can we hope to have another update with the stern DJ mixer feature ?

What do you think ? Is it believable ?

#4664 3 years ago
Quoted from marsup:

Can we hope to have another update with the stern DJ mixer feature ?
What do you think ? Is it believable ?

I'm hoping for the same, but its looking like support for this title is dead. A few of us had a thread a page or two back on a ton of updates and bug fixes we'd like to see, but I think Stern developers are tied up on newer titles at this point unfortunately.

#4665 3 years ago

If they could just code in some pauses on the timer for pop bumpers, video sequences, scoop, etc. I'd be 100% satisfied. Sometimes that scoop takes 5 or 6 seconds!

#4666 3 years ago

It surely is in need of a few refinements!

#4667 3 years ago

OK, who has an LE they want to sell? I’m in the market and will pay top dollar for the right GOTG LE.

#4668 3 years ago

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “New & improved version. Made from 1/8” Pet-g plastic! GOTG Orb Airball protector - combines a few things: 1. Upfront Orb - airball protector 2. Back left protector of the o...”
2020-10-23
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 5 days
Viewed: 292 times

#4669 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

If they could just code in some pauses on the timer for pop bumpers, video sequences, scoop, etc. I'd be 100% satisfied. Sometimes that scoop takes 5 or 6 seconds!

Hit both flippers to skip sequences and kick the ball out of the scoop, etc.

#4670 3 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

Hit both flippers to skip sequences and kick the ball out of the scoop, etc.

While this is solid advice if you aren't already doing it, this definitely doesn't work in every animation sequence or as well as it does in other Stern titles so I hope they'd revisit this in future updates.

#4671 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I struggled with ramps. I sagged my flippers a smidge and it has definitely improved.

This is my first owned pinball and I definitely feel my right flipper has lost power and is making it almost impossible to complete the Nebula ramp. What does "sagging the flippers" mean? Is there way to give it a bit more juice??

#4672 3 years ago
Quoted from Bb_the_man:

This is my first owned pinball and I definitely feel my right flipper has lost power and is making it almost impossible to complete the Nebula ramp. What does "sagging the flippers" mean? Is there way to give it a bit more juice??

If you feel like your flippers are getting weak it is most likely the coil stops going out. It seems that Stern got a really bad batch of them and they disintegrate pretty quickly. At the very minimum I would suggest replacing them, but depending on how bad it is you may want to rebuild the flippers.

We have a Pro and replacing the coil stops and cleaning the mechs was enough to get all of the pep back in the flippers.

#4673 3 years ago
Quoted from Bb_the_man:

Your problem is probably a bad coil stop. Very easy fix.

#4674 3 years ago
Quoted from Bb_the_man:

What I meant by sagging my flippers was that I loosened my flipper and lowered the tip of it slightly and tighten it back up

#4675 3 years ago
Quoted from Bb_the_man:

Another thing to check first is to make sure the flipper leaf switch is making good contact. Look at the gap in the leaf switch on your left flipper since it’s hitting strong, then look at the gap on your right flipper leaf switch and see if it is the same or greater. If it’s a bigger gap then when you push the flipper button it probably isn’t making as solid of a contact and that would make it hit weaker. If so it’s an easy fix to push them a little closer reducing the gap then try it out, worth taking a look.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4676 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

I'm hoping for the same, but its looking like support for this title is dead. A few of us had a thread a page or two back on a ton of updates and bug fixes we'd like to see, but I think Stern developers are tied up on newer titles at this point unfortunately.

I tried to message Stern about it (there was a story with somme Gotg pinball machine pic...)

I take that for an almost yes

STERN (resized).jpgSTERN (resized).jpg
#4677 3 years ago
Quoted from marsup:

I tried to message Stern about it (there was a story with somme Gotg pinball machine pic...)
I take that for an almost yes
[quoted image]

Hahaha, excellent attempt to get some information out, and I'll take that as an almost yes as well.. maybe.

#4678 3 years ago

Can anyone help me with the following issue please? sometimes when I start groot multiball by locking the last ball required to start it, the machine seems a little confused. The multiball video sequence starts where groot is being attacked by the drone things on the screen but the balls aren't ejected and the ' I am groot ' callout doesn't play, it just sort of sits there for a while like it's lost track of balls until ball search kicks out all 3 balls then we're away. Sounds like a switch issue but the confusing thing is, as I said above, the multiball sequence half starts so it knows the 3rd or 4th ball has been locked. Is this a known issue?

#4679 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Can anyone help me with the following issue please? sometimes when I start groot multiball by locking the last ball required to start it, the machine seems a little confused. The multiball video sequence starts where groot is being attacked by the drone things on the screen but the balls aren't ejected and the ' I am groot ' callout doesn't play, it just sort of sits there for a while like it's lost track of balls until ball search kicks out all 3 balls then we're away. Sounds like a switch issue but the confusing thing is, as I said above, the multiball sequence half starts so it knows the 3rd or 4th ball has been locked. Is this a known issue?

Maybe it knows that last ball has reached Groot only because it broke the laser that is in front of his mouth, but then it can't find the ball in the trough? Can you try to replicate that using your finger to just break that beam without feeding the ball into his mouth? For that matter, anyone on here could try that.

#4680 3 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

Maybe it knows that last ball has reached Groot only because it broke the laser that is in front of his mouth, but then it can't find the ball in the trough? Can you try to replicate that using your finger to just break that beam without feeding the ball into his mouth? For that matter, anyone on here could try that.

I don't think that is right, because there are many times the ball breaks the optos but doesn't make it in the hole when I play.

For the record, I have the same issue. I tried cleaning the optos in the groot lock with a Q-tip and reseated the cables and it stopped doing it for a few days. It started again a couple days later though. The issue is intermittent for me and oddly, it doesn't change between 3 or 4 ball MBs. I'm wondering if the opto boards need to be replaced?

#4681 3 years ago

Does anyone know where to get a set of Stern blades? I can't find any.

#4682 3 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

They have been sold out for ages. I’ve unfortunately been unable to find any.

#4683 3 years ago

Two words: mirror blades.

#4684 3 years ago

I have a friend in France. He purchased them for me over in Germany via Europe eBay, had them shipped to him, and then shipped them to my house. I felt very fortunate to get the stern side blades.

#4685 3 years ago

Has anyone had the issue where hitting the drop target launches the ball airborne? I could have sworn I saw someone else with this issue in the thread, but can't find anything.

#4686 3 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

It's not these ones ?

https://pu-parts.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-inside-art-blades

#4687 3 years ago

yes but they won't ship to the U.S. unfortunately.

#4688 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

yes but they won't ship to the U.S. unfortunately.

did you email them? I know Dirk to be very helpfull

#4689 3 years ago

Thanks for the link (https://pu-parts.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-inside-art-blades)!!

I just emailed him. Asked if I could get multiples to distribute to the Ravagers here.

#4690 3 years ago
Quoted from C-Note:

Has anyone had the issue where hitting the drop target launches the ball airborne? I could have sworn I saw someone else with this issue in the thread, but can't find anything.

Get the plastic protector for the orb, it also prevents these airballs.

#4691 3 years ago
Quoted from C-Note:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-orb-airball-plastic-protector

#4692 3 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

Thanks for the link (https://pu-parts.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-inside-art-blades)!!
I just emailed him. Asked if I could get multiples to distribute to the Ravagers here.

I'd be in for a set for sure.

#4693 3 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

I’ll take a set too

#4694 3 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

I'm in for a set

#4695 3 years ago

I just want to say, the left outlane sucks. Ridiculous actually. The bounce off the top of the sling or the divider and turn straight left is infuriating. There, I feel better.

#4696 3 years ago

I will help with shipping if you need-

Buy them have them shipped to UK and I will post them on for you.

#4697 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I will help with shipping if you need-
Buy them have them shipped to UK and I will post them on for you.

Pinhead1982,

The pinsiders would have to PayPal you the money first and you would then have to purchase the side art, then ship it to the states. If we try to purchase them from the United States they will not sell them to us. I went through this already with all the companies over there.

That's how I had to do it.

#4698 3 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

I just want to say, the left outlane sucks. Ridiculous actually. The bounce off the top of the sling or the divider and turn straight left is infuriating. There, I feel better.

You’ve just been Borged...

#4699 3 years ago

Hello everyone. I’m seriously considering purchasing a GOTG but with the kids in the house i need to know if it has profanity in it, and if it can be turned off.

I appreciate your help as I searched and can’t seem to find it.

Thanks y’all.

#4700 3 years ago

Hey guys! Joined the club last weekend and have been loving the game so far! I purchased a scoop protector from pinball life. Has anybody installed one of these? If so, is it hard? It looks like the two metal posts have to be pulled up from the playfield or something on the right side of the scoop for the protector to go on unless I’m looking at it wrong? Can somebody point me in the right direction? Thanks!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/94?hl=ochofosho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.