IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 170.
#4601 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Same way you do it mid game - by shooting the scoop.

Gotcha. So having it set to select a mode at start gives the player a free scoop shot in essence. I think I'll leave it set to factory. I have enough trouble hitting the scoop as is

#4602 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Gotcha. So having it set to select a mode at start gives the player a free scoop shot in essence. I think I'll leave it set to factory. I have enough trouble hitting the scoop as is

Yep! That’s right - mostly there for tournament play.

#4603 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys I just got a gog , is thAt right drop target in front of the orb thingy supposed to be down when u start the game ? Does it only go up during a certain mode ?

Never mind my drop target was turned off in the settings and works but when a ball is behind it goes into search mode ... great

#4604 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Never mind my drop target was turned off in the settings and works but when a ball is behind it goes into search mode ... great

That's not a terribly uncommon issue and can usually be fixed with a little adjustment of the mech, search this thread and you'll find pictures and descriptions of the "fix".

#4605 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

That's not a terribly uncommon issue and can usually be fixed with a little adjustment of the mech, search this thread and you'll find pictures and descriptions of the "fix".

Thanks man

#4606 3 years ago

Got my NIB GOTG Pro yesterday. Need to take a pic of the far right loop shot as the metal seems bent out a little bit and I wasn’t sure if it’s supposed to be that way or not. Also I have the Cleland code loaded and I noticed a lot of talking which sometimes seems to be over top of something else. I know everyone loves the code so maybe I just need to get used to it but was wasn’t sure if that’s pretty much how it is most of the game. I also made the pitch higher in the back to speed it up a bit which I definitely like. I’ll take a pic of that right loop when I get a chance this weekend to see if that’s normal or not.

#4607 3 years ago

Orb protectors for sale.....

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “New & improved version. Made from 1/8” Pet-g plastic! GOTG Orb Airball protector - combines a few things: 1. Upfront Orb - airball protector 2. Back left protector of the o...”
2020-10-23
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 5 days
Viewed: 292 times

#4608 3 years ago

So a couple months back purchased a Gotg pro, after set up it hit me that Groot didn’t look totally right... first I thought it’s the color, so I airbrushed and painted him...then added arms to different locations and painted those. End result was adding clear coat to the eyes. Quick fix if ya don’t have clear then use some fingernail polish”clear” definitely makes a great look.

AD6F25EB-E583-4EA4-B83D-7AD5648F6AF8 (resized).pngAD6F25EB-E583-4EA4-B83D-7AD5648F6AF8 (resized).pngFFFD2FA3-0B6E-46A8-8932-95F47278C104 (resized).pngFFFD2FA3-0B6E-46A8-8932-95F47278C104 (resized).png
#4609 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Got my NIB GOTG Pro yesterday. Need to take a pic of the far right loop shot as the metal seems bent out a little bit and I wasn’t sure if it’s supposed to be that way or not. Also I have the Cleland code loaded and I noticed a lot of talking which sometimes seems to be over top of something else. I know everyone loves the code so maybe I just need to get used to it but was wasn’t sure if that’s pretty much how it is most of the game. I also made the pitch higher in the back to speed it up a bit which I definitely like. I’ll take a pic of that right loop when I get a chance this weekend to see if that’s normal or not.

Make sure you adjust the speech and music attenuation settings per @cleland's recommendation in his thread.

#4610 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Make sure you adjust the speech and music attenuation settings per cleland's recommendation in his thread.

Thanks that makes sense I’ll check that out as I figured something wasn’t quite right.

#4611 3 years ago

Not trying to start an argument. Could be this machine isn’t dialed in well.

My unrequested review.

Rented GotG LE at my home for the month. I wanted to buy it, but thought I should test it out first.
The first weeks impressions haven’t been good. I find the angles to be pretty unintuitive. The groot hands are indeed a problem. Can’t even see when the Ronan orbit shot is flashing. My ball bricks like crazy and I frequently go through three balls in 2 minutes or less. The mode start shot and the yandu shots are quite a reach.

I know. Play better.

The Cleland music is amazing. The theme is amazing. Just sad about the flow.

If you have any recommendations for tuning, please shoot me a reply.

#4612 3 years ago

I play the machine once or twice a day and rarely score under 350,000,000.....My high score is 1,245,000,000 replay gives extra balls starting at 75,000,000 3x

I don't understand the idea of intuitive shots......the shots are basically the same geometry as Metallica.Though the ramp entrances are just a little tighter. You have to come up with a good mode plan that works for your ability level and if you aren't making the shots you have to adjust your strategy. My 16 year old son has actually beaten my high score....he is pretty much a casual player.
yandu can almost be completed in the pop bumpers....it is literally the easiest mode in the game.

As far as Groot hands...I dunno, I have a pro.

where are you renting games in SLC? Inquiring minds want to know.

Todd

#4613 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

where are you renting games in SLC? Inquiring minds want to know.
Todd

Join the SLAP Facebook group! “Salt Lake Area Pinball.“

#4614 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Not trying to start an argument. Could be this machine isn’t dialed in well.
My unrequested review.
Rented GotG LE at my home for the month. I wanted to buy it, but thought I should test it out first.
The first weeks impressions haven’t been good. I find the angles to be pretty unintuitive. The groot hands are indeed a problem. Can’t even see when the Ronan orbit shot is flashing. My ball bricks like crazy and I frequently go through three balls in 2 minutes or less. The mode start shot and the yandu shots are quite a reach.
I know. Play better.
The Cleland music is amazing. The theme is amazing. Just sad about the flow.
If you have any recommendations for tuning, please shoot me a reply.

No doubt some of the shots are tough. Yandu, Rocket and Gamora are hard for me to hit, but I've gotten to Save Xandar more times than I can count. With all of the modes, it's not necessary to hit any shot. All of them can be completed with a variety of shots. Picking your shots is very important.

The Groot hands don't move, but your head and knees do. It just takes a quick dip to see the Ronan insert. It's a small price to pay for a very cool addition on the premium.

Bricked shots do seem to find the outlanes. Eliminate the number of bricks by playing the game A LOT. You'll find the most repeatable shots pretty quickly. That doesn't mean it's going to change your opinion of the game.

#4615 3 years ago

The Yondu "shot" I misunderstood ....yes that shot is a little weird ....but I can hit it 70% of the time with a little roller off the end of the right flipper ....scoop I'm like 80% ...
The rocket shot....though...that one is pretty tight .
My inlane posts have been moved out from factory as well. I think it is the way home games should be .

#4616 3 years ago

For those two shots, has dropping your flippers slightly helped at all? Some games really benefit from being just a bit lower for those outer edge shots. I don't have a GoTG to test (but want one ). I noticed similar behavior on Metallica which helped with Fuel and the scoop.

#4617 3 years ago

Question on my new GOTG I unboxed this week every time the ball rolls down the right loop it bounces off the top of the right slingshot directly to my left flipper. Is that common or something I need to adjust that’s causing that?

#4618 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Question on my new GOTG I unboxed this week every time the ball rolls down the right loop it bounces off the top of the right slingshot directly to my left flipper. Is that common or something I need to adjust that’s causing that?

No, it's not supposed to. The ball falling from the top of either orbit should hit the flippers directly and not a slingshot. Hitting the slingshot is a sign that you're not level left to right, or your pitch is too low so the ball is falling too slowly. You need to check the level and make sure the pitch is at least 6.5 degrees front to back (our preference is 6.8) and completely level left to right.

#4619 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Check the level and pitch first, but often those are fine and the issue is actually the metal ball guide at the end of the orbit before it sends the ball towards the flipper. If you’re good on the first two then just get some pliers and very gently pull the end of the right metal guide towards the middle of the playfield. Test and repeat if necessary, on some machines this needs to be done on the left orbit also, and if you pulled it a little too far then just give it a light push back with your thumb. You’re not trying to see it bend, just pulling on it slightly will change the trajectory of the ball more than you realize.

#4620 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

No, it's not supposed to. The ball falling from the top of either orbit should hit the flippers directly and not a slingshot. Hitting the slingshot is a sign that you're not level left to right, or your pitch is too low so the ball is falling too slowly. You need to check the level and make sure the pitch is at least 6.5 degrees front to back (our preference is 6.8) and completely level left to right.

Thanks I’ll check this out I’m pretty sure my left to right might be off a bit. I did raise the back legs to make the game faster so my bubble level on the machine is towards the top line and not perfectly in the center. I’ll have to check out the left to right.

#4621 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Check the level and pitch first, but often those are fine and the issue is actually the metal ball guide at the end of the orbit before it sends the ball towards the flipper. If you’re good on the first two then just get some pliers and very gently pull the end of the right metal guide towards the middle of the playfield. Test and repeat if necessary, on some machines this needs to be done on the left orbit also, and if you pulled it a little too far then just give it a light push back with your thumb. You’re not trying to see it bend, just pulling on it slightly will change the trajectory of the ball more than you realize.

My right orbit seems slightly bent like in the upper part of it. See pic. I wasn’t sure if this was normal out of the box or if I should try to make it more flat there. Kind of hard to see in the picture but noticeable when looking up the right orbit.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4622 3 years ago

The bubble touching the top line is fine, I can’t really tell about that upper part of your guide in the pic, but just check your left/right and then if you’re still hitting the right sling just lightly pull the bottom end of the right guide towards the middle of the pf and it will send the ball to the flipper.

#4623 3 years ago

On mine, the ball catching the top of the sling depends a lot on ball speed. Everything is level, and pitch is 7 or just under. If it's a slow roller, it'll barely hit the top of the right or left sling and hop to other flipper. If it's an orbit shot coming around quickly, it's clean to both flippers.

On the slow rollers, I give the corresponding side a tap, and it misses the sling every time. It also pushes the ball far enough away that it goes to the end of the flipper for an easy catch...most of the time! I do that on all of my machines. It helps me to focus on nudging throughout the game.

#4624 3 years ago

Did anyone try this for their drop target and did it work? Seems simple to me

#4625 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Did anyone try this for their drop target and did it work? Seems simple to me

I had drop target issues (it stopped dropping consistently a few days after getting it NIB), but the solution didn't require anything this elaborate. I reached out to Stern who basically suggested a similar fix to others in this thread (I'll try to find the post number) to basically just bend the entire mechanism a bit by hand so that the magnet was closer to the arm. Took about 10 seconds and worked like a charm.

Edit: Here's the post that explains what I did. No need to even take the mechanism off of the playfield: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/53#post-4508167

#4626 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

I had drop target issues (it stopped dropping consistently a few days after getting it NIB), but didn't have to do anything this elaborate. I reached out to Stern who basically suggested a similar fix to others in this thread (I'll try to find the post number) to basically just bend the entire mechanism a bit by hand so that the magnet was closer to the arm. Took about 10 seconds and worked like a charm.
Edit: Here's the post that explains what I did. No need to even take the mechanism off of the playfield: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/53#post-4508167

I fixed mine with a thin piece of plastic held in place by duct tape. You have to move a metal plate closer to the magnet for it to work 100% so that’s what I did.

My GOTG was made Dec2 2019 therefore I was irked that it came NIB with this known problem not solved. I’ve had a few other little issues too but they’ve been solved.

#4627 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

I had drop target issues (it stopped dropping consistently a few days after getting it NIB), but the solution didn't require anything this elaborate. I reached out to Stern who basically suggested a similar fix to others in this thread (I'll try to find the post number) to basically just bend the entire mechanism a bit by hand so that the magnet was closer to the arm. Took about 10 seconds and worked like a charm.

Thanks man this is all it needed case closed just bent the whole mechanism to close the gap and now works
Great !

#4628 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks man this is all it needed case closed just bent the whole mechanism to close the gap and now works
Great !

No problem!

#4629 3 years ago

I've got a NIB GoG Pro (24hrs old now), and I've had slightly different drop target issues. The issue is that the target doesn't come up during gameplay, with very rare exceptions. In the game tests, the drop target up and down works perfectly. In fact, if I leave it up after testing, and then start a game, it drops, as if I've configured it that way. The only option I've found is the disable drop target, which is set to factory default of NO. The standup in there works, but never counts toward orb shots. Any suggestions?

#4630 3 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

I've got a NIB GoG Pro (24hrs old now), and I've had slightly different drop target issues. The issue is that the target doesn't come up during gameplay, with very rare exceptions. In the game tests, the drop target up and down works perfectly. In fact, if I leave it up after testing, and then start a game, it drops, as if I've configured it that way. The only option I've found is the disable drop target, which is set to factory default of NO. The standup in there works, but never counts toward orb shots. Any suggestions?

Sounds to me like the down switch isn't activating and / or the drop is too sensitive and can drop from vibration?? First thing to do is to leave the target down, go into switch tests and make sure that switch is registering properly. You may have a wire off the switch, it came loose in shipping and is out of adjustment, etc.

#4631 3 years ago

Switch test reads it correctly. It’s not dropping from vibration. Magnet works too, but only in test mode. It’s tempting to try older code. I guess I’ll call Stern tomorrow.

#4632 3 years ago

I called Stern. The recording said they aren't taking calls. So I emailed. I got a reply with a one-page .pdf on how to fix the drop target not dropping issue. I replied within 10 minutes explaining that those were not the symptoms of my game. No response back yet. I was hoping to have something new to try this weekend.

#4633 3 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

I called Stern. The recording said they aren't taking calls. So I emailed. I got a reply with a one-page .pdf on how to fix the drop target not dropping issue. I replied within 10 minutes explaining that those were not the symptoms of my game. No response back yet. I was hoping to have something new to try this weekend.

So you can't collect orb's and start orb MB? Maybe try disabling fast boot and / or burning a new SD card with the full image (you should do this with cleland sound package anyway if you already haven't). Also make sure competition mode isn't enabled.

#4634 3 years ago

I’m reading the wiki rule sheets for this game and it says the magna force will catch the first two balls after you lock them in the Orb and then release them. Just got mine two weeks ago brand new and haven’t seen that happen yet. Is there a setting adjustment for that, an issue, or does it really not do that?

#4635 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

I’m reading the wiki rule sheets for this game and it says the magna force will catch the first two balls after you lock them in the Orb and then release them. Just got mine two weeks ago brand new and haven’t seen that happen yet. Is there a setting adjustment for that, an issue, or does it really not do that?

This seems to be a fairly common problem and there are have been multiple "solutions" discussed in this thread. You may want to do a thread search for "grab" or magnet or both. Mine has always been fairly consistent but adding a washer to push the magnet core up tighter to the playfield did improve how well it catches and flings the ball. Also be sure you're game is level side to side and not too steep or the timing and momentum of the ball may make it miss.

#4636 3 years ago

You know in GOTG VOL 1 how Groot can summon lights from his body? I tried to copy the effect with some lights around the ramps and his head. It plugs into USB for power and has a remote to alternate the brightness and flashing patterns.

33A9156B-0A36-42E5-A918-BAB631AF4C9A (resized).jpeg33A9156B-0A36-42E5-A918-BAB631AF4C9A (resized).jpeg
#4637 3 years ago

I think you better post video

#4638 3 years ago

Is there also a TV on his head or is that a reflection?

#4639 3 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Is there also a TV on his head or is that a reflection?

Yes it’s a tv. It’s the CZTV mod that plays both movies. I wrapped the bezel in a sticker. Cool? Not cool?

There is a link on Pinside to the guy who makes them. He does good work and he could do the same one for you with the movies installed.

#4640 3 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

Yes it’s a tv. It’s the CZTV mod that plays both movies. I wrapped the bezel in a sticker. Cool? Not cool?

It’s definitely unique!
Cool? Not cool?
Totally doesn’t matter if you like it!
That’s the beauty of mods. They are completely personal.

#4641 3 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

It’s definitely unique!
Cool? Not cool?
Totally doesn’t matter if you like it!
That’s the beauty of mods. They are completely personal.

They are definitely personal but putting the drive in movie screen on Groot's head is a hard pass for me. The twinkle lights I'd have to see in person.

#4642 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

So you can't collect orb's and start orb MB? Maybe try disabling fast boot and / or burning a new SD card with the full image (you should do this with cleland sound package anyway if you already haven't). Also make sure competition mode isn't enabled.

correct - can't start orb MB. I've actually completed all of the modes too, so no orb prevents me from getting to Immolation. If I disable the drop target, shouldn't it do virtual locks and allow Orb MB? I tried that too, but still no Orb progress. I tried a brand new SD card, and also a full flash of the original, using a USB stick. No change in behavior. I wish I had a prior code to try. I will look for a fast boot option.
NIB game arrived on 8/8 with these issues
switches
drop target opto and orb standup - works fine in diag tests
coils
drop target reset and release both work *almost perfect in test mode. Up/down the cycle coil test never fails. The game specific drop target test is inconsistent, and has sometimes failed to work entirely, even right after a successful cycle coil test.
drop target in game play? nope - doesn't go up, and appears to go down on purpose, as if programmed that way.
I have no idea what could cause these types of symptoms. I'd love to try other code versions, if anyone knows where I can find it.

#4643 3 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

correct - can't start orb MB. I've actually completed all of the modes too, so no orb prevents me from getting to Immolation. If I disable the drop target, shouldn't it do virtual locks and allow Orb MB? I tried that too, but still no Orb progress. I tried a brand new SD card, and also a full flash of the original, using a USB stick. No change in behavior. I wish I had a prior code to try. I will look for a fast boot option.
NIB game arrived on 8/8 with these issues
switches
drop target opto and orb standup - works fine in diag tests
coils
drop target reset and release both work *almost perfect in test mode. Up/down the cycle coil test never fails. The game specific drop target test is inconsistent, and has sometimes failed to work entirely, even right after a successful cycle coil test.
drop target in game play? nope - doesn't go up, and appears to go down on purpose, as if programmed that way.
I have no idea what could cause these types of symptoms. I'd love to try other code versions, if anyone knows where I can find it.

I feel like we should be able to figure this out... Can you tell me what happens in this circumstance:

Manually push drop target down. Start game. Does it go up (it should)? If not, does it even TRY?

And then, when you raise the playfield, are you seeing any issues with wiring to the DT coil or switch? Maybe you have a loose solder connection that only connects sometimes?

Finally, it sounds like it's almost the DT switch that's confused - thinking its up and when its down or vice versa.. Is it possible these switches are wired in reverse?

#4644 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

I feel like we should be able to figure this out... Can you tell me what happens in this circumstance:
Manually push drop target down. Start game. Does it go up (it should)? If not, does it even TRY?
And then, when you raise the playfield, are you seeing any issues with wiring to the DT coil? Maybe you have a loose solder connection that only connects sometimes?
Finally, it sounds like it's almost the DT switch that's confused - thinking its up and when its down or vice versa.. Is it possible these switches are wired in reverse?

thanks for your help trying to troubleshoot.
I believe the drop should go up when the game is started (as long as it is not disabled in settings). It does try (it clicks), but then gives up and stays down. This clicking is interesting, because it suggests the drop is trying to go up but can't. I've tested with the playfield up, but haven't started a game this way. Maybe I'll do that and see what it does.

I've inspected the assembly from underneath, and it all looks good. The reset (up) is pretty smooth and clicks nicely when it gets the the ledge. There is a little play in the release bracket and spring, but that too seems to function just as it should. I can simulate those coil functions and reset UP and release DOWN. The drop and standup switches also seem perfect. The opto detects when the target is down, and the orb standup switch consistently registers when it's hit, during tests and also gameplay.
Video link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bb_7GRQsFxECowf4-miBx3taLMZWOzSe/view?usp=sharing

seems like it could still be a physical issue, that I haven't found yet.
When I also consider the other issue - disabling the drop target should allow virtual locks, but it doesn't - it makes me wonder about a logic, which might explain both issues? That's why I really wish I could try an older code rev.
no virtual locks video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Csfz7APX4ZVVToDH1c8338NUSYCUO8oU/view?usp=sharing

thanks again for any troubleshooting suggestions.

#4645 3 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

thanks for your help trying to troubleshoot.
I believe the drop should go up when the game is started (as long as it is not disabled in settings). It does try (it clicks), but then gives up and stays down. This clicking is interesting, because it suggests the drop is trying to go up but can't. I've tested with the playfield up, but haven't started a game this way. Maybe I'll do that and see what it does.
I've inspected the assembly from underneath, and it all looks good. The reset (up) is pretty smooth and clicks nicely when it gets the the ledge. There is a little play in the release bracket and spring, but that too seems to function just as it should. I can simulate those coil functions and reset UP and release DOWN. The drop and standup switches also seem perfect. The opto detects when the target is down, and the orb standup switch consistently registers when it's hit, during tests and also gameplay.
Video link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bb_7GRQsFxECowf4-miBx3taLMZWOzSe/view?usp=sharing
seems like it could still be a physical issue, that I haven't found yet.
When I also consider the other issue - disabling the drop target should allow virtual locks, but it doesn't - it makes me wonder about a logic, which might explain both issues? That's why I really wish I could try an older code rev.
no virtual locks video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Csfz7APX4ZVVToDH1c8338NUSYCUO8oU/view?usp=sharing
thanks again for any troubleshooting suggestions.

Just did some searching in this thread, and it sounds like this user might have had a similar issue based on his last sentence in his thread?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/88#post-5575744
"Now a 2nd issue the target does not raise. In the switch test the target lowers fine but if in the raise test sometimes the solenoid double fires and then the target will not raise."

What do you think? Maybe DM him to see how/if he resolved it? I tried to follow along in future responses but am not sure..

#4646 3 years ago

I didn't see a resolution there, but it looked like his opto was not soldered or working correctly. I just got off of a very good call with Stern. They've asked me to do some checking to see if the trip and reset coils are wired backwards, causing the trip to fire when it should be the reset coil, and vice-versa. If so, that would explain some of the behavior I'm seeing, maybe all? I'm hopeful, and anxious to go check...

#4647 3 years ago

update: I should have looked closer during my coil tests. The drop target reset and trip coils were both working during tests, but they are wired backwards. The trip fires when the reset should fire, and vice-versa.
Coil test 10 should drop the target (mine was raising it)
Coil test 11 should raise (mine was dropping it)
The clicking movement of the target when it is down is not the reset coil trying to raise it up. It is the trip coil firing, touching the drop target plastic and wiggling it just a little.
I don't know if this is the root cause of all of the issues. I'll see how it looks after this is corrected.

#4648 3 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

update: I should have looked closer during my coil tests. The drop target reset and trip coils were both working during tests, but they are wired backwards. The trip fires when the reset should fire, and vice-versa.
Coil test 10 should drop the target (mine was raising it)
Coil test 11 should raise (mine was dropping it)
The clicking movement of the target when it is down is not the reset coil trying to raise it up. It is the trip coil firing, touching the drop target plastic and wiggling it just a little.
I don't know if this is the root cause of all of the issues. I'll see how it looks after this is corrected.

Awesome!! Sounds like you've pinpointed the issue then.. Excited to hear the final update that things are working normally!

#4649 3 years ago

Update:. I switched wiring to the up and down drop target coils and now the game plays correctly. I still don't know how to enable virtual orb locks though. I suspect it might be done by setting the competition mode, but I haven't tried it yet.

#4650 3 years ago

Since nobody has the original topper for sale at msrp price instead of 700 bucks. Figured I’d start a mach up Instead. Couple of wet paper towels smashed around and painted, add a hot toys Stan, cut a round pattern in acrylic “paint back side and drill for stars” fiber cable for lights to come. Thought it might give someone else some creative ideas.

E0207377-6249-4514-971D-C5B912C827DA (resized).jpegE0207377-6249-4514-971D-C5B912C827DA (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods
Plastics
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Corning, NY
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/93?hl=pixel8arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.