IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 171.
#4501 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

As far as co op...dont know how you would do that on GOTG....you don't choose a character or anything

Why couldn't mode progression just be cumulative for all players?

Quoted from evileye:

Wait, where did you hear that? When I was searching for the topper a few weeks ago all the vendors, and my distributor, said this is the next game coming off the line.

"coming off the line" as in going back into production? Or ceasing production? Regardless, my distributor (and one other I called) are taking orders now and said they received confirmation that Stern is going to start building them again (they took a break to focus on TMNT) this week and should be shipping end of this month.

#4502 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Why couldn't mode progression just be cumulative for all players?

"coming off the line" as in going back into production? Or ceasing production? Regardless, my distributor (and one other I called) are taking orders now and said they received confirmation that Stern is going to start building them again (they took a break to focus on TMNT) this week and should be shipping end of this month.

Coming off as in ceasing production. Interesting that it’s going back in production when it hasn’t really been retired for that long, if even at all? Did you hear if they are they making premiums again too? They haven’t offered premiums in a long, long time.

#4503 3 years ago

The premium is the real LE . You can still buy an LE here in Europe NIB, but premiums are hard to find. Even second hand I have never seen one. Pro's enough and even LE's.

#4504 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Coming off as in ceasing production. Interesting that it’s going back in production when it hasn’t really been retired for that long, if even at all? Did you hear if they are they making premiums again too? They haven’t offered premiums in a long, long time.

Maybe this is the last run then. I didn't ask about premiums, but the pre-order on their site only lists pros, so I would suspect not: https://www.gameroomguys.com/games/pinball

#4505 3 years ago

I'm hoping to join this club soon. I only had a 2 pin lineup of DP Pro and a JD. Just sold JD to fund a new pin.
My 2 leaders are currently ST Pro and GOTG Pro. My wife and kid are pushing me to get GOTG.

If anyone close to Louisville, Ky has a pro they're considering letting go, let me know!

#4506 3 years ago

I'm picking up a NIB later next week and more than ready to join the club on this pin. Can someone link me to the Cleland update code as I started to read through that thread but there's a lot to take in. One main question is which sd card works with that as I have the reader in my cart to order at Best Buy but wasn't sure which cards work best? Thanks.

#4507 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

I'm picking up a NIB later next week and more than ready to join the club on this pin. Can someone link me to the Cleland update code as I started to read through that thread but there's a lot to take in. One main question is which sd card works with that as I have the reader in my cart to order at Best Buy but wasn't sure which cards work best? Thanks.

Get a 16GB SANDISK off Amazon for $10 and you’ll be fine. That’s what I used.

Side Note: My pin dealer in Montreal got me a NIB GOTG PRO (as my first pin) in December 2019 and said that was gonna be the final run according to Stern. Mine is stamped Dec 2 / 2019. I think it’s awesome that they keep doing small runs cause it shows how amazing the game is and how it’s bringing in coin.

#4508 3 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

Get a 16GB SANDISK off Amazon for $10 and you’ll be fine. That’s what I used.
Side Note: My pin dealer in Montreal got me a NIB GOTG PRO (as my first pin) in December 2019 and said that was gonna be the final run according to Stern. Mine is stamped Dec 2 / 2019. I think it’s awesome that they keep doing small runs cause it shows how amazing the game is and how it’s bringing in coin.

Thanks will order one does this one work as I presume it needs these older school cards and not a jump drive or no? https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-ultra-plus-16gb-sdhc-uhs-i-memory-card/3142535.p?skuId=3142535

#4509 3 years ago
Quoted from BirdForce1:

I'm hoping to join this club soon. I only had a 2 pin lineup of DP Pro and a JD. Just sold JD to fund a new pin.
My 2 leaders are currently ST Pro and GOTG Pro. My wife and kid are pushing me to get GOTG.
If anyone close to Louisville, Ky has a pro they're considering letting go, let me know!

Nice! We love ours. It’s getting less and less plays because newer titles get added to our lineup. We keep saying it might not be a keeper but we have had it for almost 2 years and every time someone asks if I am selling we can’t part with it. The cleland mod added a ton to the experience. It’s a super fun pin. Hope you find one

#4510 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Thanks will order one does this one work as I presume it needs these older school cards and not a jump drive or no? https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-ultra-plus-16gb-sdhc-uhs-i-memory-card/3142535.p?skuId=3142535

Yes, that one will work fine. Just be sure to read the instructions for how to burn the cleland image to the card, you can't just copy and paste it you need to use a program to install it on the card, all the instructions are in the thread. Enjoy!!

#4511 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Nice! We love ours. It’s getting less and less plays because newer titles get added to our lineup. We keep saying it might not be a keeper but we have had it for almost 2 years and every time someone asks if I am selling we can’t part with it. The cleland mod added a ton to the experience. It’s a super fun pin. Hope you find one

Thanks I ordered one from Cointakers along with an Iron Maiden Pro they got back on a trade in so super excited to get back into having pins at my house again.

#4512 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yes, that one will work fine. Just be sure to read the instructions for how to burn the cleland image to the card, you can't just copy and paste it you need to use a program to install it on the card, all the instructions are in the thread. Enjoy!!

Great thanks for confirming and I'll check out those instructions on doing that.

#4513 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Great thanks for confirming and I'll check out those instructions on doing that.

My right flipper has up and down play in it. I noticed it is leaving very light markings on the playfield. I loosened flipper and lifted the shaft to move it farther away from playfield but now it causing a bind on the coil shaft.
Any ideas why this is happening?

PS I changed coil stop too just in case. Nothing changed

#4514 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

My right flipper has up and down play in it. I noticed it is leaving very light markings on the playfield. I loosened flipper and lifted the shaft to move it farther away from playfield but now it causing a bind on the coil shaft.
Any ideas why this is happening?
PS I changed coil stop too just in case. Nothing changed

I assume this problem was occurring before you change the coil stop and that you ensured everything in the assembly was tight and aligned properly when you re-assembled it. If those assumptions are correct I'd suspect that somehow the flipper bushing cracked or was bad from the factory. I think you might have noticed though when you were adjusting the height of the flipper bat but it's also possible you just raised the bat too far. There is a spacing tool you can buy to help with this but I always just eye-ball them and ensure smooth operation before tightening it back down. You should always have a little bit of up/down play in the flipper bat or things will bind up but certainly not enough for the bat to ever touch the playfield. Try lowering it just enough to match the other one and make sure you have a little bit of up/down play to allow everything to move freely. If that doesn't do it I'd pull the flipper bushing out and see if it's intact or worn. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5070-00

#4515 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I assume this problem was occurring before you change the coil stop and that you ensured everything in the assembly was tight and aligned properly when you re-assembled it. If those assumptions are correct I'd suspect that somehow the flipper bushing cracked or was bad from the factory. I think you might have noticed though when you were adjusting the height of the flipper bat but it's also possible you just raised the bat too far. There is a spacing tool you can buy to help with this but I always just eye-ball them and ensure smooth operation before tightening it back down. You should always have a little bit of up/down play in the flipper bat or things will bind up but certainly not enough for the bat to ever touch the playfield. Try lowering it just enough to match the other one and make sure you have a little bit of up/down play to allow everything to move freely. If that doesn't do it I'd pull the flipper bushing out and see if it's intact or worn. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5070-00

Thanks for your help! I think you might be right about the flipper bushing! Everything thing looks good. It has to be something unseen. I have not dealt with the flipper bushing before but it definitely is allowing a lot of up and down play. The left side has minimal play in it.

#4516 3 years ago

Last time I talked to Pinballlife, they told me about a new tool they were carrying... I may pick one up next order. Just recently had to change a flipper plunger/link and found myself doing the usual, going by feel and eyeballing it. Your situation and advice got me thinking. Probably worth the $0.59.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0162-00

20200226_142803 (resized).jpg20200226_142803 (resized).jpg
#4517 3 years ago

Thanks for your help! I think you might be right about the flipper bushing! Everything thing looks good. It has to be something unseen. I have not dealt with the flipper bushing before but it definitely is allowing a lot of up and down play. The left side has minimal play in it.

The flipper bushing really doesn't control the up/down motion of the flipper but it does control how straight the flipper shaft is through the playfield. Up/down play is a factor of how you position the shaft of the bat in the pawl and how high above the playfield / bushing you install it. When your flipper was rubbing the playfield was it just out towards the tip or was it the whole or most of the bat? If it's the latter of those two I still think you just need to re-adjust your flipper and it should be good. This video from Butch Peel when he was still at JJP is really good, watch it if you haven't already just keep in mind that Stern assemblies are a little different than JJP / BW.

He starts talking about the bushing about 8:45 in.

#4518 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The flipper bushing really doesn't control the up/down motion of the flipper but it does control how straight the flipper shaft is through the playfield. Up/down play is a factor of how you position the shaft of the bat in the pawl and how high above the playfield / bushing you install it. When your flipper was rubbing the playfield was it just out towards the tip or was it the whole or most of the bat? If it's the latter of those two I still think you just need to re-adjust your flipper and it should be good. This video from Butch Peel when he was still at JJP is really good, watch it if you haven't already just keep in mind that Stern assemblies are a little different than JJP / BW. He starts talking about the bushing about 8:45 in.

I’ve readjusted it last night. No matter where I adjust it to, gravity from the slop puts it back down on the playfield. When I adjusted the bat in the prawl it was retightened as it was before I loosened it.
I’m pretty mechanically inclined and have no problems working on anything. It’s the trouble shooting on things I’m not super familiar with.....that can be an issue. I’ll order a Flipper bushing. Thanks for all your insight. Much appreciated

#4519 3 years ago

I’ve readjusted it last night. No matter where I adjust it to, gravity from the slop puts it back down on the playfield. When I adjusted the bat in the prawl it was retightened as it was before I loosened it.
I’m pretty mechanically inclined and have no problems working on anything. It’s the trouble shooting on things I’m not super familiar with.....that can be an issue. I’ll order a Flipper bushing. Thanks for all your insight. Much appreciated

Here's one tip for you, add a washer as a shim on the flipper prior to mounting it in the bushing. Keep the play in the assembly (about the thickness of a credit card) and you should be good to go.

But make sure that the bushing isn't wrecked, if so. Replace it with a new one.

Cheers
/mima

DSC_2732 (resized).JPGDSC_2732 (resized).JPG
#4520 3 years ago
Quoted from mima:

Here's one tip for you, add a washer as a shim on the flipper prior to mounting it in the bushing. Keep the play in the assembly (about the thickness of a credit card) and you should be good to go.
But make sure that the bushing isn't wrecked, if so. Replace it with a new one.
Cheers
/mima
[quoted image]

Hmmm this could be part of my problem. I just ordered new flipper bushing. This washer you are showing, does it come with the new bushing?

#4521 3 years ago

Hmmm this could be part of my problem. I just ordered new flipper bushing. This washer you are showing, does it come with the new bushing?

No, this is not a OEM part, just a modification to raise the bat slightly higher over the playfield

#4522 3 years ago
Quoted from mima:

No, this is not a OEM part, just a modification to raise the bat slightly higher over the playfield

Great. Thanks!

#4523 3 years ago
Quoted from mima:

My GOTG had this same issue on the right flipper. They do actually sell those clear nylon spacers for a few cents. I believe I ordered mine from Pinballlife.com
1 washer, and I was back in business

Here ya go! 25 cents each.
https://www.pinballlife.com/nylon-flipper-shaft-spacer.html

#4524 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

My GOTG had this same issue on the right flipper. They do actually sell those clear nylon spacers for a few cents. I believe I ordered mine from Pinballlife.com

Thanks, I’ll grab a couple

#4525 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

In 20+ years of owning pinball games I've never needed to put a washer under a flipper and if you have to still leave a gap it just means you're raising the bat higher than it needs to be. If it works for you that's cool but I'll contend it's not the way it was designed and they should work perfectly fine without it as long as everything is in good working order and properly installed.

#4526 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

In 20+ years of owning pinball games I've never needed to put a washer under a flipper and if you have to still leave a gap it just means you're raising the bat higher than it needs to be. If it works for you that's cool but I'll contend it's not the way it was designed and they should work perfectly fine without it as long as everything is in good working order and properly installed.

I’ll only use it if nothing else fixes my issue. I’m pretty sure my flipper bushing is bad because everything else looks perfect.

To answer your other question about what area of the flipper is dragging, it is only touching playfield at the tip of the bat.
I also noticed that the marking on the playfield extends all the way to the apron. This tells me it hasn’t been right from the factory because I bought it new in box and have never had the flipper loose before.

#4527 3 years ago

I know this is a long shot but does anyone have or know where I can get a GOTG topper that isn't $650.

#4528 3 years ago

I’ll only use it if nothing else fixes my issue. I’m pretty sure my flipper bushing is bad because everything else looks perfect.
To answer your other question about what area of the flipper is dragging, it is only touching playfield at the tip of the bat.
I also noticed that the marking on the playfield extends all the way to the apron. This tells me it hasn’t been right from the factory because I bought it new in box and have never had the flipper loose before.

Update: new flipper bushing worked! Yay

#4529 3 years ago

Update: new flipper bushing worked! Yay

Yup, its funny that mine had the exact same issue. Bushing fixed it right up. There was no way to fix it without the bushing. I tried....

#4530 3 years ago
Quoted from M1Cha3l:

I know this is a long shot but does anyone have or know where I can get a GOTG topper that isn't $650.

No, I went down this rabbit hole last month. I tried every known site/vendor, even if the website makes it seem like they have it, they don’t. Stern doesn’t vault or rerun toppers, as of yet, and toppers in general rarely hit the used market. So I bit the bullet and bought the overpriced one from GAP, but it wasn’t $650.

#4531 3 years ago
Quoted from M1Cha3l:

Make your own topper like I did. Found all these for sale on the web for cheap.

I also saw that the website Eaglemoss has a 3 foot wide Dark Aster ship which would be bad ass to mount up on the head unit.

35593A6F-71A8-494B-B725-586A5872A9B7 (resized).jpeg35593A6F-71A8-494B-B725-586A5872A9B7 (resized).jpeg
#4532 3 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

Make your own topper like I did. Found all these for sale on the web for cheap.
I also saw that the website Eaglemoss has a 3 foot wide Dark Aster ship which would be bad ass to mount up on the head unit.
[quoted image]

Like you, I made my own Topper

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4533 3 years ago

Just joined the club yesterday. Picked it it from an awesome pinsider Bork. Its in perfect shape, and plays great. After looking through the thread I have seen the Cleland mod for the music. Has anyone had any problems with with it. I am thinking of adding it. Also this one doesn't have speech when you push the flipper button when not playing. I looked in the menu but didn't see where to turn it on. V/R
gotg (resized).jpggotg (resized).jpg

#4534 3 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Just joined the club yesterday. Picked it it from an awesome pinsider Bork. Its in perfect shape, and plays great. After looking through the thread I have seen the Cleland mod for the music. Has anyone had any problems with with it. I am thinking of adding it. Also this one doesn't have speech when you push the flipper button when not playing. I looked in the menu but didn't see where to turn it on. V/R
[quoted image]

@Cleland's sound mods are the best thing you can do this game, no problem with it whatsoever. I don't think it makes any noise when you hit the flippers in attract but it's not something I often do so I'm not sure!

#4535 3 years ago

Also this one doesn't have speech when you push the flipper button when not playing. I looked in the menu but didn't see where to turn it on.

Yes, this is not a feature of GotG. It's silent unless playing.

Out of curiosity, is your magnet working? Does it grab and spin the ball around when it comes out of the orb lane?

#4536 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Yes, this is not a feature of GotG. It's silent unless playing.
Out of curiosity, is your magnet working? Does it grab and spin the ball around when it comes out of the orb lane?

The magnet does work. It grabs the ball spins it a bit and releases it.
It there a current link for the Cleland mod?

#4537 3 years ago

The magnet does work. It grabs the ball spins it a bit and releases it.
It there a current link for the Cleland mod?

Thanks. No, Stern is cracking down on the links to alternate versions being public. You need to just PM him and he'll send you a link.

#4538 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Thanks. No, Stern is cracking down on the links to alternate versions being public. You need to just PM him and he'll send you a link.

Is that really what caused him to get into DropBox jail?? I thought it was just excessive bandwidth use.

#4539 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Is that really what caused him to get into DropBox jail?? I thought it was just excessive bandwidth use.

I can't speak to whether its related to why those links stopped working or not, but the creator of Pinball Browser (the tool that Cleland used to make these updates) has talked a lot about locking down the public sharing in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/78#post-5740605

#4540 3 years ago

Anyone can contact me directly and I am happy to help. Yes, we are in the age of not sharing these full image links publicly any longer.
BTW....I don't think I shared, but I am back in the club with a beautiful GOTG Pro! So good to have this one back!

IMG_7360 (resized).jpgIMG_7360 (resized).jpg
#4541 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Anyone can contact me directly and I am happy to help. Yes, we are in the age of not sharing these full image links publicly any longer.
BTW....I don't think I shared, but I am back in the club with a beautiful GOTG Pro! So good to have this one back![quoted image]

Happy to have you back in the club!

#4542 3 years ago

A friend at Funko sent me a couple new figures. I drilled holes and put screws in the feet of Stormbreaker Groot. Rocket simply slid onto the existing black bracket. I have some graphics for the coin door coming from Redbubble and will post pics when those are installed.

7B386295-BA03-4250-BB34-E05C46036BA3 (resized).jpeg7B386295-BA03-4250-BB34-E05C46036BA3 (resized).jpeg22308F90-2F07-4C91-A8D7-E0C588D0E88E (resized).jpeg22308F90-2F07-4C91-A8D7-E0C588D0E88E (resized).jpeg
#4543 3 years ago

I love this game. Yesterday I had an epic (for me) game. After playing it for 2 years I finally saved Xandar. Talk about a rush!!!

20200816_170332 (resized).jpg20200816_170332 (resized).jpg20200816_170409 (resized).jpg20200816_170409 (resized).jpg
#4544 3 years ago

Greetings from Florida. Recent GOTG buyer and loving this game! Bought and sold it early upon its release. Glad I revisited it. Thought I would show recent topper I purchased via the great folks at Mezel Mods. Colors go to a slow fade. Usual topper light stuff. I think it looks good and less than $180 shipped to me.

250B05EA-0B0E-46E0-95EC-36B1F58004DA (resized).jpeg250B05EA-0B0E-46E0-95EC-36B1F58004DA (resized).jpeg

#4545 3 years ago

That topper looks good, similar to Stern’s.

#4546 3 years ago

Did the Cleland sound upgrade. The game is So much better than before with it.

#4547 3 years ago

So I am loving the sound upgrade, but I have noticed a glitch. Every so often when launching a ball at the start of a game I will loose flipper power for a few seconds. Like a tilt, but its not a tilt. Has anyone else had this problem. It didn't do this before the Cleland upgrade. V/R

#4548 3 years ago

So I am loving the sound upgrade, but I have noticed a glitch. Every so often when launching a ball at the start of a game I will loose flipper power for a few seconds. Like a tilt, but its not a tilt. Has anyone else had this problem. It didn't do this before the Cleland upgrade. V/R

Never once. And hard to imagine how that could relate. Sounds like some trouble shooting is in order.

#4549 3 years ago

Any idea where to start? There are no Tec alerts. I'm not to sure where to go from there

#4550 3 years ago

Any idea where to start? There are no Tec alerts. I'm not to sure where to go from there

Not too sure. Look when in doubt revert to stock firmware just to rule that out. I think that's very unlikely but easy to try.

If problem persists then at least you can focus on hardware. Try some things. Look for a loose connection, see if problem still happens if the playfield is up. It's not an issue I've ever had but it'll likely be just good old fashioned trouble shooting. Could be a short could be a defective power supply i guess though I'd imagine that would crash the whole thing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/91?hl=hawkeyexx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.