IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 170.
#4451 3 years ago

Hello to All - I am joining the club - my Pro should be here by the end of week.

#4452 3 years ago
Quoted from jmatlack:

Hello to All - I am joining the club - my Pro should be here by the end of week.

Rock on!!

#4453 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It's one of those situations where you know the game should be rated higher but at the same time can be happy it's not because you can get a good deal on a great game!

You hit the nail right on the head my friend

#4454 3 years ago
Quoted from jmatlack:

Congrats. I'm enjoying mine!

1 week later
#4455 3 years ago

Fellow Ravagers:

I am having an issue with the magnet on my pro. I found the info on adding washers and did that. The magnet is working, however, it doesn't grab the ball fast enough after the orb drops it. I can nudge it to safety most of the time, but it sure would be nice if the magnet pulled it to the left in lanes like in every other game Pro I've played on location.

I am running Cleland code 1.06.

Thanks in advance.

#4456 3 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

Fellow Ravagers:
I am having an issue with the magnet on my pro. I found the info on adding washers and did that. The magnet is working, however, it doesn't grab the ball fast enough after the orb drops it. I can nudge it to safety most of the time, but it sure would be nice if the magnet pulled it to the left in lanes like in every other game Pro I've played on location.
I am running Cleland code 1.06.
Thanks in advance.

I put on Cliffy post protectors which are a little bigger than stock which kicks the ball more to the magnet and it catches every time. Now if the magnet just didn't send it down the middle every so often

#4457 3 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Got the speaker lights and shield installed the other day.... love the way it looks.. to bad they can’t coordinate with the system, that would be cool! Still love it however.[quoted image]

Hi,

where can I get these speaker gotg shields?

Best regards, H.

#4458 3 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

Hi,
where can I get these speaker gotg shields?
Best regards, H.

They are from speakerlightkits.com. Look under Acrylic Designs.

#4459 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

They are from speakerlightkits.com. Look under Acrylic Designs.

Thank you!!!

#4460 3 years ago

Hopefully this is a good place to post this but if not please redirect me.

What else adds to the bonus multipliers besides spelling Guardians? I see in the changelog about adding more multipliers, 1-10x and sounds but nothing really details what else adds it.

Thanks!

#4461 3 years ago

Joined the club today. Pretty stoked, I've wanted one of these since release. Had to make a 10 hour trip but I got a solid deal on a pro.

#4462 3 years ago
Quoted from daphishbowl:

Hopefully this is a good place to post this but if not please redirect me.
What else adds to the bonus multipliers besides spelling Guardians? I see in the changelog about adding more multipliers, 1-10x and sounds but nothing really details what else adds it.
Thanks!

Bonus multiplier can also be awarded as a Mystery.

#4463 3 years ago
Quoted from mantz88:

Joined the club today. Pretty stoked, I've wanted one of these since release. Had to make a 10 hour trip but I got a solid deal on a pro.

Welcome!

#4464 3 years ago

I 3d printed a couple baby groots, had them hand painted and installed.

244869DB-3533-4F42-A7FA-E38865BEDD69 (resized).jpeg244869DB-3533-4F42-A7FA-E38865BEDD69 (resized).jpegD12185B7-0573-47BD-BCCC-4B3191EAEAD5 (resized).jpegD12185B7-0573-47BD-BCCC-4B3191EAEAD5 (resized).jpeg
#4465 3 years ago

Just put this mod together and the orb target just took on a whole new level!...got the frosted drop target from Pinball-Mods.com, and hooked up a wedge socket with a flex color changer under the pf behind it. It looks awesome slowly changing colors and there was an extra drop target decal in the machine's goody bag to complete the upgrade.

IMG_9805 (resized).jpgIMG_9805 (resized).jpgIMG_9806 (resized).jpgIMG_9806 (resized).jpgIMG_9807 (resized).jpgIMG_9807 (resized).jpg

#4466 3 years ago

Well I’m in.....finally! Big thanks to RPZ for doing all the hard work fitting all the mods I would have fitted too.
Loving it. Just read all 4465 posts so feel I’ve learnt a lot in relation to this game. Just got CBMB and posted 700000+ in that and ended up with my first billion score. What an adrenaline rush. Audioenslaved you really need to get one

DA71653F-F51D-4004-BAF9-2C08CE21F805 (resized).jpegDA71653F-F51D-4004-BAF9-2C08CE21F805 (resized).jpeg135BF785-066E-4066-B744-118D06B2F212 (resized).jpeg135BF785-066E-4066-B744-118D06B2F212 (resized).jpeg3B9AB31C-4578-4241-AC2A-45C0E9E9B652 (resized).jpeg3B9AB31C-4578-4241-AC2A-45C0E9E9B652 (resized).jpeg
#4467 3 years ago

Well I'm at a loss... My orb just keeps dropping the ball straight down the middle. I added washers to the Ronan magnet and I got a wider post sleeve from Cliffy, it did nothing. Does this have to do with the Cleland code? The magnet doesn't seem to activate on time. Like it fires too late.

Help

#4468 3 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

Well I'm at a loss... My orb just keeps dropping the ball straight down the middle. I added washers to the Ronan magnet and I got a wider post sleeve from Cliffy, it did nothing. Does this have to do with the Cleland code? The magnet doesn't seem to activate on time. Like it fires too late.
Help

When I owned my Gotg adjusting my playfield slope
was the biggest factor to get the timing right
for magnet to catch ball out of orb. Good luck!

#4469 3 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

Help

My slope is about 6.5 with the Cliffy post sleeve and running Cleland code-Sinestro version, and it catches every time. Also have the washers to put the magnet closer to the playfield.

#4470 3 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

Help

I've always run the cleland code and my game (pro) never fails to catch it, what it does after it catches it varies at times but is generally consistent at dumping it to the left inlanes. Slope is just shy of 7 degrees.

Have you tested the target down switch to make sure it's registering properly and not bouncing when the target is dropped? Maybe the code relies on seeing that switch close to time the magnet activation and timing?

#4471 3 years ago

I have a GOTG that is having a problem with groots mouth not opening or closing correctly. The opto switch tests fine, and when I test the mouth movement in game specifics test mode, it opens and closes perfectly every time. However, when I play the game, his mouth is sporadic. Sometimes it opens right when hit, sometimes it waits a few seconds, sometimes it opens half way, sometimes it just doesn't open.

I have tested all associated switches. I have updated the code twice. I have swapped out an MPU and power supply from a different spike 2 game, and I have swapped node boards 8 and 9.

I am stuck in this one. What else is left to try?

Thanks for the help!

#4472 3 years ago

New motor ...perhaps. The motor was changed on mine before I got it.

#4473 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

New motor ...perhaps. The motor was changed on mine before I got it.

Wouldn't that show in test mode too? It works perfectly in test mode! Thanks for the idea!

#4474 3 years ago

Finally joined the club.
This is my type of game. Love the theme and understandable rules!
Looking forward to Cleland’s new release he’s working on as we speak!

#4475 3 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Finally joined the club.

I hadn't heard that he was doing an update. What's he changing?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4476 3 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I hadn't heard that he was doing an update. What's he changing?

Not sure but he was mentioning an update on his gotg sound mod thread.

#4477 3 years ago

From cleland’s thread from today:

“Just a heads-up I've been working with ArcadeBar on a very nice update and tweaking for GOTG.
Stay tuned, some nice changes are coming for yet another alternate version.”

#4478 3 years ago

I have had our Guardians for about a year now and the whole family love it, I'm going to be taking back into our local Stern distributor for a clean and service soon but i thought i might see if anyone can shed some light on these alerts. The groot lockup does cause him to open and close hes mouth about 10 times on startup but I haven't noticed any game play issues with the other 2 alerts

20200607_163005 (resized).jpg20200607_163005 (resized).jpg20200607_163005 (resized).jpg20200607_163005 (resized).jpg20200607_163010 (resized).jpg20200607_163010 (resized).jpg
#4479 3 years ago
Quoted from Azzer50:

I have had our Guardians for about a year now and the whole family love it, I'm going to be taking back into our local Stern distributor for a clean and service soon but i thought i might see if anyone can shed some light on these alerts. The groot lockup does cause him to open and close hes mouth about 10 times on startup but I haven't noticed any game play issues with the other 2 alerts
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You probably need to replace the end of stroke (EOS) switches on both flippers, may be able to just clean them. I've never really looked at the groot mech too close so I can't help you there but there is probably a switch that tells the game the mouth is closed and it needs to be cleaned or adjusted.

#4480 3 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Finally joined the club.

Here ya go!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotg-sound-replacment-mod/page/16#post-5707522

#4482 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

You probably need to replace the end of stroke (EOS) switches on both flippers, may be able to just clean them. I've never really looked at the groot mech too close so I can't help you there but there is probably a switch that tells the game the mouth is closed and it needs to be cleaned or adjusted.

Thanks bobukcat, I gave the ESO switches a quick clean and it worked, Ill let you know the outcome of the Groot head when I have any news

#4483 3 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

Help

I was having issues with the ball not catching from the orb and saw where ppl said to increase the pitch of the game, make sure the game is level left to right, the washer thing, and the post rubber. I checked all these things out and when I put the super bands rubber on the post it worked like a charm for a little while and then didn't again. I finally figured out you have to take some needle nose pliers and adjust this metal ball guide. I took out the post in front of it first to get a solid grip on it. For me I figured out the ball was now hitting the post too hard and it was bouncing it almost over the magnet so I would see it barely catch and then whip the ball around and towards the flippers but not swirling the ball or catching it and shaking it for a couple seconds then releasing it like its supposed to. So I pulled the guide to the left a little so the ball wouldn't hit the post as hard and that solved it, now its back to catching like it should 9 out of 10 times. If yours is going more strait down the middle then you might want to bend the guide to the right so that the ball hits more of the post and takes a bigger bounce to the left to get caught by the magnet. Just take the glass off, engage the orb and make sure your magnet is indeed working, and then just try these adjustments and test it out. At any point these guides can magically relax and throw the direction of the ball off, on mine this happened on the right orbit and it always would send the ball into the right sling instead of the flipper, I did the same fix there - I hope it works for you!
IMG_0147 (resized).jpgIMG_0147 (resized).jpg

#4484 3 years ago

Mine comes out and hits the post sending ball to the magnet everytime.

#4485 3 years ago

If anyone wants to sell their Stern topper, let me know.

1 week later
#4486 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Just put this mod together and the orb target just took on a whole new level!...got the frosted drop target from Pinball-Mods.com, and hooked up a wedge socket with a flex color changer under the pf behind it. It looks awesome slowly changing colors and there was an extra drop target decal in the machine's goody bag to complete the upgrade.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the wedge socket with flex colour changer and how did you hook it up? Looks amazing BTW and I wanna try it.

#4487 3 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

Where did you get the wedge socket with flex colour changer and how did you hook it up? Looks amazing BTW and I wanna try it.

Thanks! I think it adds a nice dynamic to the orb shot and really looks cool, I got the socket and light from Comet. Just shoot me a PM with your email and I’ve got a detailed mod doc with links to the parts and install pics I can send you, it’s pretty easy to set up in half hr.

#4488 3 years ago

I read back through the thread, and I found a couple of references to losing sound, but didn't actually see a resolution.

When I power on my GOTG, I hear a faint pop from the speakers, but other than that, "no sound". When I power off the machine, I hear the music for a half second before the power goes out completely. I've even been able to switch the power off/on quickly to restore the sound without the caps discharging enough to power off the CPU. That trick only worked a few times - and now I can't get that trick to work any more.

I sounds like a low voltage issue or something.

FYI, I'm on v1.06. I am not running the Cleland Sound mod.

Has anyone else seen this? Thx.

#4489 3 years ago

About to be back in the club again HUO Pro arriving Saturday, yay I get my baby back!

#4490 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

About to be back in the club again HUO Pro arriving Saturday, yay I get my baby back!

Haha, dare I ask what happened to your first one?!

#4491 3 years ago

Tried the link to the new Cleland sound download and I'm still getting 404 error. Tried it with chrome and Firefox. Any help would be appreciated.
thx

#4492 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Haha, dare I ask what happened to your first one?!

I had to sell for financial reasons first time around.

Quoted from izzy:

Tried the link to the new Cleland sound download and I'm still getting 404 error. Tried it with chrome and Firefox. Any help would be appreciated.
thx

Check your messages

#4493 3 years ago

Got it.
thx

#4494 3 years ago

Hi,
I need some hires pics of Groots head (all angles) and his jaw outside of the cab if anyone is willing to help?
Thanks so much!

#4495 3 years ago

Here's an alt placement for the Ronin Hammer mod that Mezel Mods sells. They provide pics and install instructions for mounting it on the right ramp post just behind the scoop sign. I thought it made more sense on the left ramp by the Ronin shot and also looks more proportionate with the longer ramp post vs the shorter post on the right ramp, plus its not hidden behind the scoop sign. The hammer plugs directly into the node board so its synced up with the Magna Force insert and all of the other light shows.
Since that left ramp post has a spotlight on it here's a couple pics of what it looks like if you put a short spotlight extension on the light and leave it on that post. But if you've installed additional spotlights on the slings like I did then it looks cleaner to move that spotlight down to the left just under the ramp and angle it at Rocket and Groot, and your additional spotlights still provide plenty of light on the playfield. There's plenty of factory wire on that spotlight to move it over to this spot. Here's a couple of views of it up close and from eye level when playing, it doesn't block the view of the Ronin shot inserts.
Its a cool effect having the hammer look like its controlling the magnet/Magna Force light in the middle of the playfield. Its a shame that Stern doesn't have that light come on every time your ball is released from an Orb shot?! I never plaid earlier code so I don't know if initially it was set up that way and then they just forgot it in later code, but that's half the magnet action and I can't believe they forgot to assign the light to it...or maybe I can believe it.

RHam (resized).jpgRHam (resized).jpg

RhamSpot (resized).jpgRhamSpot (resized).jpgRhamSpot2 (resized).jpgRhamSpot2 (resized).jpgSpot Under Ramp (resized).jpgSpot Under Ramp (resized).jpgRHam2.0 (resized).jpgRHam2.0 (resized).jpg
#4496 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Here's an alt placement for the Ronin Hammer mod that Mezel Mods sells. They provide pics and install instructions for mounting it on the right ramp post just behind the scoop sign. I thought it made more sense on the left ramp by the Ronin shot and also looks more proportionate with the longer ramp post vs the shorter post on the right ramp, plus its not hidden behind the scoop sign. The hammer plugs directly into the node board so its synced up with the Magna Force insert and all of the other light shows.
Since that left ramp post has a spotlight on it here's a couple pics of what it looks like if you put a short spotlight extension on the light and leave it on that post. But if you've installed additional spotlights on the slings like I did then it looks cleaner to move that spotlight down to the left just under the ramp and angle it at Rocket and Groot, and your additional spotlights still provide plenty of light on the playfield. There's plenty of factory wire on that spotlight to move it over to this spot. Here's a couple of views of it up close and from eye level when playing, it doesn't block the view of the Ronin shot inserts.
Its a cool effect having the hammer look like its controlling the magnet/Magna Force light in the middle of the playfield. Its a shame that Stern doesn't have that light come on every time your ball is released from an Orb shot?! I never plaid earlier code so I don't know if initially it was set up that way and then they just forgot it in later code, but that's half the magnet action and I can't believe they forgot to assign the light to it...or maybe I can believe it.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yup, that's where I put mine too!
Makes more sense to me, I left the spotlight on there though.

Looks good man!

1 week later
#4497 3 years ago

It sounds like GotG is going back in production at Stern this week.. Does the group think there might be another software update released in the future? I think the ruleset would work really well with a cooperative mode similar to TMNT. Thoughts?

#4498 3 years ago

As far as code goes...I would like to see the modes extend time when stuck in scoop or pop bumpers etc...seems like most machines do that ...
As far as co op...dont know how you would do that on GOTG....you don't choose a character or anything

#4499 3 years ago

Are the new updates to games still breaking pinball browser or is that issue resolved? I won't be applying any updates that break that. Stock sounds are way too lame on this game in general.

#4500 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

It sounds like GotG is going back in production at Stern this week.. Does the group think there might be another software update released in the future? I think the ruleset would work really well with a cooperative mode similar to TMNT. Thoughts?

Wait, where did you hear that? When I was searching for the topper a few weeks ago all the vendors, and my distributor, said this is the next game coming off the line.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 8,474 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/90?hl=pixel8arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.